More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:41:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111777 times)
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1700 on: 2009 May 28, 22:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone asked what happens when you have a whole town that is related. Well I amtesting that.

Picture of a child playable ghost.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7329/screenshot78.jpg

and apparently this is what can happen if you have no jealousy (which TS3 does not really have) and a sim with all the romance/loving traits, perks, and the fertility perk (100% impregnation rate with high chance of twins/triplets).

Yes that is 4 pages of family tree babies.
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3914/picture1amu.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4951/picture2p.jpg
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8789/picture3m.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3867/picture4r.jpg

Edit

Apparently evil women hate noisy birthday parties and sneak up on their victims.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4834/screenshot7u.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7237/screenshot11w.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/117/screenshot27fkr.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3280/screenshot31e.jpg

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
WearsHighHeels
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: 2009 May 28, 23:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kept trying to click on grimmy and plead for the dad's life....But there was no option to save his life,

If your Sim has some logic skill points there is an option to "Play Chess For Life" or something like that. Sort of lame you have to beat him at chess as opposed to beg. I didn't really want to save the sim in question, so I did not click it. Wonder how good Grimmy is at chess? Lol.
Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1702 on: 2009 May 28, 23:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kept trying to click on grimmy and plead for the dad's life....But there was no option to save his life,

If your Sim has some logic skill points there is an option to "Play Chess For Life" or something like that. Sort of lame you have to beat him at chess as opposed to beg. I didn't really want to save the sim in question, so I did not click it. Wonder how good Grimmy is at chess? Lol.

At least you don't have to play Battleship and Twister with him.

Check out my strategy/sim game project: Start-a-town!
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: 2009 May 28, 23:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed the "Hey guis! Lets all go out in the yards and stares at teh tomatoes plants!1"? I built a house across from the Bachelor's and every evening the entire fambly piles out of the house and just stares at the garden for hours then when it gets dark, its back inside. It's like they have cannabis planted and are frantically waiting for it to mature so they can feed their addiction!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: 2009 May 28, 23:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twister with Grimmy would be great.

Oh my goodness. Someone needs to learn to keep it in his pants.

Question: Is it a good sign when party guests end up passed out on your floor?

That's Kaylynn Langerak, sister of my starter-sim Olive's husband Parker. She did not transfer well to TS3.

« Last Edit: 2009 May 28, 23:59:06 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Chinaberry
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: 2009 May 29, 00:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to come out of lurkingdom to tell of the bug I've found.  I have a family of 3 roomates that are pretty much unplayable due to a jump/freeze bug.  Invisi-sims with only footprints visible before they "jumped" outside, and objects saying that a sim is currently using them when they aren't.  The rest of the town had some issues too. 

This is what happened to my sleeping sim.......

At the library......

Some sort of Vulcan body meld???..........

diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: 2009 May 29, 00:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I'm conducting some genetics tests, I figured I'd take a moment to test the speed between zoomed on grass and zoomed in on Sims.

Zoomed in on grass: in one real minute, 4hours 16 minutes Sims time elapsed.

Zoomed in on Sims: (who, because their motives are maxed, were just standing around): in one real minute, 3 hours 5minutes Sims time elapsed.

Thanks for that info
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: 2009 May 29, 01:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found for myself that keeping testingcheats enabled on borked my game by making sims go invisible, and making it impossible for the game to save and exit.  So, I have turned it on, tweaked, and then turned it right back off.  It might cause other problems as well.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: 2009 May 29, 02:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found for myself that keeping testingcheats enabled on borked my game by making sims go invisible, and making it impossible for the game to save and exit.  So, I have turned it on, tweaked, and then turned it right back off.  It might cause other problems as well.

It has been nothing but on for me, and I have yet to see any issues arise. I have played the game for at least 7 hours a day since I've had it installed. So maybe coincidence? Your configuration? Your copy of the game? Some combo thereof in addition to debug?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: 2009 May 29, 02:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to let you all know that someone posted over at Snootysims that they have recieved the Prima Guide early.  I'm not sure how helpful it will be because I've only just started reading it myself but it can't hurt, right?

Here is the link http://snootysims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29573

ETA: I just got around to reading the cheat code section in this post and saw "edit in cas - takes the sim back to Create-a-Sim allowing you to make full physical and personality changes".  I'm very cureious as to how this works.  Anyone willing to test it out on one of the horribley ugly demon spawn?
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 02:41:47 by CharleeRose » Logged
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: 2009 May 29, 02:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I always run with testingcheatsenabled on. I have not had jumps or invisisims. Maybe it matters what you do with it? I pretty strictly use it for teleporting and dragging up motive bars, and I do both very frequently. Probably 18 hrs or so total gametime.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: 2009 May 29, 02:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to let you all know that someone posted over at Snootysims that they have recieved the Prima Guide early.  I'm not sure how helpful it will be because I've only just started reading it myself but it can't hurt, right?

ETA: I just got around to reading the cheat code section in this post and saw "edit in cas - takes the sim back to Create-a-Sim allowing you to make full physical and personality changes".  I'm very cureious as to how this works.  Anyone willing to test it out on one of the horribley ugly demon spawn?

It seems like all the options under testincheats had been changed into actual cheats that are typed in.  Some of those look to be very useful especially the throw into cad edit one.  DEATH TO FUGLY TOWNIES.
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: 2009 May 29, 02:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to let you all know that someone posted over at Snootysims that they have recieved the Prima Guide early.  I'm not sure how helpful it will be because I've only just started reading it myself but it can't hurt, right?

It seems like all the options under testincheats had been changed into actual cheats that are typed in.  Some of those look to be very useful especially the throw into cad edit one.  DEATH TO FUGLY TOWNIES.

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe EA decided to dumb down debug mode so idiots that didn't bother to learn how to use it properly wouldn't be able to explode their games with it.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: 2009 May 29, 03:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few have reported that the cheats listed at SnootySims aren't working for them; such as "shazaam" to give lifetime happiness points to the active sim. I wonder if they aren't typing the cheat correctly or just misunderstand the cheat, i.e. it might only apply to the active sim rather than the whole household. It might be nice to confirm if the cheats are all working or if there are problems with certain versions or systems. The "force opportunity" by clicking on a career building seems like a great way to recoup some lost opportunities while checking on a different family and the "make happy" for everyone in the household also seems like it could replace "maxmotives" as the most frequently used cheat.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: 2009 May 29, 03:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few have reported that the cheats listed at SnootySims aren't working for them; such as "shazaam" to give lifetime happiness points to the active sim. I wonder if they aren't typing the cheat correctly or just misunderstand the cheat, i.e. it might only apply to the active sim rather than the whole household. It might be nice to confirm if the cheats are all working or if there are problems with certain versions or systems. The "force opportunity" by clicking on a career building seems like a great way to recoup some lost opportunities while checking on a different family and the "make happy" for everyone in the household also seems like it could replace "maxmotives" as the most frequently used cheat.

i selected a sim, opened up their lifetime happiness to see if it moved when i entered the cheat... opened the cheat menu, typed shazaam, and it says "unknown command: shazaam."
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: 2009 May 29, 03:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe EA decided to dumb down debug mode so idiots that didn't bother to learn how to use it properly wouldn't be able to explode their games with it.

People stupid enough to make their game expode with debug mode deserve it and should not be using it to begin with.

On the note of cheats i believe for some reason they may actually require debug mode on actually use them.
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: 2009 May 29, 03:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either the Prima is full of crap (which wouldn't shock me - EA does love to change things after giving Prima the information).  Or they just aren't working in the version that has been available on the torrents.

I guess we'll just have to wait until June 2 to find out if they work in that version.  I'm not holding my breath though.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: 2009 May 29, 03:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Diskoh, are you using the Rzr or Rld version? I am curious if the version might make a difference.
CharleeRose, I also think it is possible certain cheats, initially planned, were taken out later.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: 2009 May 29, 03:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried having testingcheats enabled, and typing in some of those cheats, they didn't work, it would say what someone already mentioned, "unknown command" I was very excited to see the edit in cas one! I hope it will work with the final game, so I can fix the messed up genetics my children seem to get, like the multiples births coming out, with 2 very different skin tones.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: 2009 May 29, 03:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Diskoh, are you using the Rzr or Rld version? I am curious if the version might make a difference.
CharleeRose, I also think it is possible certain cheats, initially planned, were taken out later.

rld
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: 2009 May 29, 03:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, ciane.  That's what I was getting at when I said that EA loved to change things after giving Prima their information.  Wink
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: 2009 May 29, 05:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well shit, that "edit in CAS" cheat would have been a god send for dealing with some of these fugly ass Sims populating the 'hood.   Angry
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: 2009 May 29, 05:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried the edit in cas cheat with and without debug mode on with and without spaces it doesn't work.  I got the reloaded version btw.  The idiots probably took the cheat out.
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: 2009 May 29, 06:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you have the Razor or the Reloaded to Razor versions and type 'help', a new command --at least, one I didn't see with the plain Rld version-- says something like 'toggle on/off toddler to grow up and become NPC'.

I'm guessing it means you can make a toddler grow up and make him uncontrollable? Sounds kinda interesting.

EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: 2009 May 29, 06:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting the feeling that the difficulty of ‘epic' parties in TS3 has been greatly reduced. I've thrown a few now, including one wedding party, all of which have given been ‘near epic'- to paraphrase the in game dialog. Just to satiate my own curiosity, during my wedding party (the last one I held) I had one of the grooms ‘Play for Tips' before and after the marriage interaction; I did not decorate, cook food, or in any have my other sim socialize with the guests- one of which was one of my grooms ex-boyfriend, though how that factored into his enjoyment of the wedding I am not yet sure. In the end, every guest left and the party was a resounding hit.

So either the mastered guitar skill is amazingly powerful, or parties have become a lot easier. Has anyone else noticed this? Are your experiences similar or different?

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: