More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:52:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111787 times)
Blaise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1650 on: 2009 May 28, 14:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some stupid reason "testingcheatsenabled true" does not work for me (the command is accepted but no new options appear on the mailbox).

Just checking: Are you SHIFTclicking on the mailbox? And both "testingcheatsenabled true" and "testingcheatsenabled on" work.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: 2009 May 28, 15:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probable bug: My magical gnomes stopped working sometime after moving to a new house (probably after the move itself, though I can't say for sure). Of course it could still be due to reasons unrelated to the move, like naturally stopping moving after some while, or due to another completely unrelated bug  Undecided Anyway I plopped down some new ones from the stol... I mean the family inventory, and they work fine.

One other thing. Does anyone else's game lag tremendously while having the inventory panel open? (regular one, not family inventory) Each time an item gets removed from or added to the inventory while it's open, the game freezes for a couple of seconds. I noticed it as item count was beginning to grow so it may be that the more items you have the slower it becomes, like the loop checking the objects, stacks and slots is a horrible mess of a code.

My gnomes stopped working after a while too, I only semi-noticed it before but I've definitely noticed it since you said that.  They're still worth the same though, so I'll sell them and acquire some more.

But I don't have any inventory lag.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1652 on: 2009 May 28, 15:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep seeing people talking about stonehenge. Where on the map is that located?

Magical gnomes?

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: 2009 May 28, 15:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep seeing people talking about stonehenge. Where on the map is that located?

Magical gnomes?

Stonehenge is above and to the left of the cemetary, just across from Pinochle Pond.  And magical gnomes can be acquired by your Sims when they masquerade as bits of metal or gems (you have to send it away to be smelted or cut to get them back as gnomes) or through the criminal career somehow, I think (not sure how, I just heard that from Nec).
Caupi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: 2009 May 28, 15:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magical gnomes?

Stonehenge is above and to the left of the cemetary, just across from Pinochle Pond.  And magical gnomes can be acquired by your Sims when they masquerade as bits of metal or gems (you have to send it away to be smelted or cut to get them back as gnomes) or through the criminal career somehow, I think (not sure how, I just heard that from Nec).

You can also fish up magical gnomes.  Mine always stop working after a couple weeks, as well.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: 2009 May 28, 15:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine always stop working after a couple weeks, as well.

So the question is...is this by design or a bug?

I vote bug, knowing who made the game Tongue  And also because the price remains the same.  If they were intended to stop working, shouldn't the price drastically reduce as well?
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: 2009 May 28, 15:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoying bug with a wedding party. Possibly even fatal if it is reproducible (I will try to reproduce it tonight).

My sim had a wedding party to marry an NPC (a magician) at the beach. During the exchange of the rings everybody swarmed to cheer and a number of guests (5 or 6) got STUCK throwing rice (interaction: react to the wedding, Dad was doing the same but thanks God snapped out of it). 24 hrs later they were still there stuck (and throwing rice  Grin ). One of them is required to finish an opportunity and the other is the groom's boss. I am not happy to let those two die just yet.  (Former magician can phone the boss and sucking up at work increases relationship score, but the boss  does not turn up if invited).
I'll see if they do die and then try to reload and marry again at the beach.

For some stupid reason "testingcheatsenabled true" does not work for me (the command is accepted but no new options appear on the mailbox).

This happened to me too... My sim got married and had a wedding party and one of the swimming pools, one of the invited sims started throwing rice, and continued to do so for hours after, everyone left the parrty but he was still there, throwing rice...

I have no idea what made him stop, but he just did and went home and said he had a great time Cheesy. Easily pleased.
Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1657 on: 2009 May 28, 15:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magical gnomes?

While being at work as a criminal, there's a chance you get a pop up telling you that you have snatch something extra and you can find it in the family inventory. Could be a gnome, an obelisk vine, one of some specific types of painting, a statue (the 1,6k or the 12k one), or a combination of those.

Check out my strategy/sim game project: Start-a-town!
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: 2009 May 28, 15:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And! I hate that they do not announce that you're having multiples! Like when they go to the hospital for the Dr. consultation they could have a popup saying it went well and you're having twins, or triplets! Or they could at least bother to tell you when you deliver! So you can cordinate names. I know thats been said before, but I still hate it, lol! They should bring back TS2 way of a pop up with "Baby Boy" or "Baby Girl" if you have twins, it is 1 box with both babies name boxes. It would be so much easier, but of course EA can't have us being happy or having things easily handed to us!

Is that not what the town hall is for?

It's possible that mandababy is like me and doesn't like renaming a Sim once the name has been given. 

I'm not sure why, but I'd no sooner rename a Sim than I would a real-life child or a pet.  It just feels wrong to me, though I know there's no logical reason it should :-)  I remember in one iteration of Strangetown I had a Sim named Adam Curious (son of Pascal Curious) who grew up to look a lot like a wrestler named Samoa Joe.  I always referred to him as Samoa Joe, but I couldn't bring myself to do away with his given name, so I eventually changed it (with SimPE) to Adam "Samoa Joe" Curious.

I know, I'm a nerd ;-)

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: 2009 May 28, 15:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from another forum-

Just a heads-up for those planning to buy from EB Games in case they don't like Sims 3, to take advantage of their 7 day return policy (like me), EB Games are NOT offering their 7 day return policy for The Sims 3.

I tried to pre-order the Collectors Edition at my local store today, and was told that there was no return on the game because it had on-line activation.

I pointed out that EA have very publicly and very specifically stated that there is no on-line activation for the Sims 3, and I just got a shrug and an "I'm just doing what I'm told" as a response.

To the assistance credit, she did check with her manager first, but they are adement that there is no 7 days return for this game.

I work for GameStop and we've never returned new games. Ever. Once you open it, it's yours unless it's defective and you want another copy. PC stuff is especially unreturnable because of cd keys and the like.

lol, I knew I wasn't crazy
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: 2009 May 28, 15:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just checking: Are you SHIFTclicking on the mailbox? And both "testingcheatsenabled true" and "testingcheatsenabled on" work.

OOOOpss  Embarrassed Sorry, my bad. I new it is something silly like that. It works with SHIFT.
Still can't reset sims from outside active family though Sad I am waiting for them to die now.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: 2009 May 28, 15:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there some type of reset sim cheat if you type help in the cheat box?

INTJ
Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1662 on: 2009 May 28, 15:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone tell me where the triangular tile tool is? I remember noticing the tip about it on the loading screens, but I couldn't imagine it would be so well hidden to actually bother reading the whole tip for potential instructions.

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: 2009 May 28, 16:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is Ctrl+F I believe.

INTJ
pennyhugo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: 2009 May 28, 16:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this was not asked before... but if it was, sorry... has anyone found the Deathfish yet? and where? thanks xoxox

Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1665 on: 2009 May 28, 16:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is Ctrl+F I believe.

Yep, that's it, thanks. How could I not find it? Ctrl-f is certainly the first thing that pops to mind when thinking "triangular tiles". Not ctrl-T or anything...

Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1666 on: 2009 May 28, 16:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this was not asked before... but if it was, sorry... has anyone found the Deathfish yet? and where? thanks xoxox

The 2 types fish at the graveyard turn to vampire fish and deathfish respectively, after midnight, at the same time the ghosts come out.

Pelucheux
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: 2009 May 28, 16:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno if anyone has mentioned it, but seeing how some of you think that is sexist for EA to make the game force maternity leave and all..

I have a sim who Dislikes Children, she gets a negative moodlet every time she is around a kid. She got pregnant, and when she started showing and got the pregnancy moodlet, its positive and she has the wish to read a pregnancy book and to have a girl. Why? Do ALL female sims like being pregnant? I thought having the Dislikes children trait would make it a negative thing, but its not. I don't get it.
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: 2009 May 28, 16:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because even pregnant people would eat just about anything smushed together?  Undecided EAxis' logic is beyond me.

Hum, my baby is due in two days, I WANT TO EAT ATRAGIC CLOWNFISH SUNDAE!

Roll Eyes They could've been a little less ignorant. I thought TS3 was supposedly a step in a more realistic direction?

Are you serious?  I find the cravings to be very realistic.  When my mother was pregnant, it was pickles and ice cream (or peanut butter) for months.  Some women crave normal things (lots and lots of cake, for instance), but many crave very odd combinations of salt, acidity, and sweetness.

Edited for my own grammatical peace of mind.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 28, 16:22:19 by literatebse » Logged

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: 2009 May 28, 16:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there some type of reset sim cheat if you type help in the cheat box?

There is indeed a resetsim cheat:  resetSim Firstname Lastname

Works regardless of whether they are household or not.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: 2009 May 28, 16:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BUG: Speaking of having kids, my sim adopted a girl (since she has no luck with men in this game) and the maternity leave timer keeps changing and resetting itself. It says 1 day and 8 hours and then suddenly 8 days and 8 hours and then back to 1 day etc. She has now been on leave for two weeks and the kid has gone from baby to child!

Because even pregnant people would eat just about anything smushed together?  Undecided EAxis' logic is beyond me.

Roll Eyes They could've been a little less ignorant. I thought TS3 was supposedly a step in a more realistic direction?

Are you serious?  I find the cravings to be very realistic.  When my mother was pregnant, it was pickles and ice cream (or peanut butter) for months.  Some women crave normal things (lots and lots of cake, for instance), but many crave very odd combinations of salt/acidity/sweetness.

I craved massive amounts of fruit, mostly a bit sour fruit. Funny thing is, my baby can now (at 8 months) eat a wedge of lime without making a face...  Grin

INTJ
pennyhugo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: 2009 May 28, 16:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 2 types fish at the graveyard turn to vampire fish and deathfish respectively, after midnight, at the same time the ghosts come out.

wow! thank you Smiley I just have not caught any vampire fish yet... but thank you very much for replying Smiley xoxox

EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: 2009 May 28, 16:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BUG: Speaking of having kids, my sim adopted a girl (since she has no luck with men in this game) and the maternity leave timer keeps changing and resetting itself. It says 1 day and 8 hours and then suddenly 8 days and 8 hours and then back to 1 day etc. She has now been on leave for two weeks and the kid has gone from baby to child!

Are you serious?  I find the cravings to be very realistic.  When my mother was pregnant, it was pickles and ice cream (or peanut butter) for months.  Some women crave normal things (lots and lots of cake, for instance), but many crave very odd combinations of salt/acidity/sweetness.

I craved massive amounts of fruit, mostly a bit sour fruit. Funny thing is, my baby can now (at 8 months) eat a wedge of lime without making a face...  Grin

That's pretty cool- I wonder if the kids favourite food will be key lime pie! Hah!
Lurker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: 2009 May 28, 16:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim brought back three 'special' unbuyable gnomes from her work. It's creepy how they move, i even found one of them watching the television! Totally love 'em. However they stopped 'moving' after a sim week. Is it a bug? Do they still move for you after a week? When i got them it was with the RLD version, if that matters. Too bad there's no more testingcheats' reset option, that'ld have solved the matter.

Have you noticed that when you call a sim on the phone, his pic in the relations panel isn't moved to the far left as in Sims 2? You have to scroll though the panel to see if the relation is at the maximum to stop the phonecall. Autoyack is highely needed because of that. Why did they remove that feature?!

I love the cravings! As soon as my sim got the bump and the stupid music all she wanted to eat was cookies! That's funny since she's the athletic type (10 in body). When she's not preggy all she usually wants is fruits & yogurt, despite the fact that her favorite food is lime pie. In fact the more sport she practiced and the less lime pie she wanted, favoring the yogurt.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: 2009 May 28, 17:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One question : does anybody know how to get an omniplant at home ? I've found the one behind the science lab and feed it some fish, it worked well, but does not seem to give seeds... Do I have to keep looking for special unknown seeds and hope to get lucky ? (like for the money tree, life plant and those strange flaming fruit ?) Thanks.

The flaming fruit can actually be found at a residents house. It's where I get it in my games to start my plants. Life plant has always just shown up in my inventory.
It's in the Wainwright's front yard. In one instance, one of my sims married a Wainwright spawn and lived there briefly. On a related note, I really miss the ability to give gifts.

My pregnant sims always want spaghetti and ice cream. Olive Langerak (ne Summers) was the only one who threw me a curveball, occasionally craving cheesesteak and apple pancakes.

The gnome can also be had from the catacombs.

Campaign fundraisers: I just had my first, and I'm not sure if it's because the thrower is a party animal, but I made over $52k. I wish some of that went into household funds. Hasn't EA ever heard of Chicago politicians?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: