More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 16:18:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1116193 times)
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1550 on: 2009 May 27, 17:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had to reload at one point because the brothers would fight any time I left them alone. Recovering from -100% relationship appears to be almost impossible. Any friendly action they took would just piss the other one off.

Well, this, at least, sounds a bit more promising.

I have noticed that, what with the almost total lack of fugly sims in my game, it is near impossible to find a suitable mate for a single sim.  I have been reduced to latching onto the first reasonable thing that came along, rather than being able to pick.  Apparently since townies now have relationships, families, and houses of their own, there are almost no single sims around.  I was thinking I might have to make Jesus a homewrecker.

Jump to a townie home and throw a birthday party for a teenager.
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: 2009 May 27, 17:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It gets quite boring waiting for work to be over or them sleeping if you don't have another sim to mess around with.

Yes, when they're sleeping or at work is the best time to mess around with another Sim. Smiley  Just make sure you're done before they wake up or get home from work. Cheesy

Hook

I had a set of sim brothers going, and one of them nailed every girl in town with impunity. The other, however, would get chewed out by his polyamorous brother any time he so much as glanced sideways at another female sim. Turns out I had tried out the "lets go steady" romance option while playing the second brother, and the philanderer-in-chief was good buddies with the 'girlfriend'.

I actually had to reload at one point because the brothers would fight any time I left them alone. Recovering from -100% relationship appears to be almost impossible. Any friendly action they took would just piss the other one off.

Yes, takes a long time to get the -100 up. I broke up a husband wife and the wife is still pissed after about three weeks of game time. Though she is only at -50 or so now Tongue, i just made sure they didn't interact. A bit harder in your game though.

Something I wanted to know, can you now get females in the hood pregnant even if they don't live with you?

Oh, easily. Oddly enough, "Try For Baby" appears to have exactly the same reaction as "WooHoo," regardless of the circumstances (e.g. married sim at a house party with another person), so it's no more difficult to get a sim knocked up than it is to get them in bed.

If you impregnate a female townie, you get a message 3 days later that you're the father of a new child. The game names the kid automatically - you don't get to pick. You get a positive moodlet and some initial 'cuddle kid' desires, but other than that, there are no effects other than seeing your progeny reflected in your family tree.

I had my evil sim make a run at all of the married townies, just for the lols.

Also, infant aging appears to be permanently set to Normal. My life length is on epic, but all of my sims bastards have turned into toddlers within a few days.

LoL, I can see a child support mod in the future or maybe EA will release it in an expansion hahahaha.
buryuntime
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: 2009 May 27, 17:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay, carrying the kids around! Also an example of what the game looks like when you don't meet the sys requirements.  Lips sealed
I hope when weather comes along carrying them around in diapers in winter.  Shocked
Also, a guy named Cycl0n3? Seriously? Ugh.
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: 2009 May 27, 17:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LoL, I can see a child support mod in the future or maybe EA will release it in an expansion hahahaha.

Or an STD mod.   Tongue
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: 2009 May 27, 17:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My criminal sim has brought home a bunch of lawn gnomes which are different from the buyable lawn gnome and resell for $1k a piece.

Sometimes rocks and gems that your Sims find also come back as magical gnomes when you send them away to be smelted/cut.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: 2009 May 27, 18:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else moved in Jane March?  She appeared to be a normal Sim, with her job listed as "Lab Technician" (or Assistant, or something), and status: single.  However, when I had my Sim "Try for Baby" with her, it was greyed out, claiming her household was too full.  I figured she must have belonged to the Roomie household or Single Moms or something, so I had her move in.  The move in screen showed no other inhabitants of her so-called household, and upon moving in, she was short 2 traits and unemployed. 

I would love the ability to ask a Sim "Where do you live?" so I can easily peg people on the map regardless of relationship status, especially since half the time even friends' homes don't get pegged until I restart the game.  And even when it does work, you can only see who is home at the moment, making it a mission to track down someone whose last name doesn't match their household name when they're not home.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
juxtaposed
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: 2009 May 27, 18:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim's car which she'd saved a lot for disappeared. I didn't notice it being stolen, so I wondered if it had happened as a result of story progression being enabled. Anyway she went to visit another Sim who was the child of another Sim I made myself, and I noticed her car on the drive! I forgot I gave her the klepto trait. When I had her click on it she was able to drive back home in it and it went back on her drive. So if a kletpo nicks your car, if you find it you can claim it back again!
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: 2009 May 27, 18:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim's car which she'd saved a lot for disappeared. I didn't notice it being stolen, so I wondered if it had happened as a result of story progression being enabled. Anyway she went to visit another Sim who was the child of another Sim I made myself, and I noticed her car on the drive! I forgot I gave her the klepto trait. When I had her click on it she was able to drive back home in it and it went back on her drive. So if a kletpo nicks your car, if you find it you can claim it back again!

Fix your damn avatar.

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: 2009 May 27, 18:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else moved in Jane March?  She appeared to be a normal Sim, with her job listed as "Lab Technician" (or Assistant, or something), and status: single.  However, when I had my Sim "Try for Baby" with her, it was greyed out, claiming her household was too full.  I figured she must have belonged to the Roomie household or Single Moms or something, so I had her move in.  The move in screen showed no other inhabitants of her so-called household, and upon moving in, she was short 2 traits and unemployed. 

I would love the ability to ask a Sim "Where do you live?" so I can easily peg people on the map regardless of relationship status, especially since half the time even friends' homes don't get pegged until I restart the game.  And even when it does work, you can only see who is home at the moment, making it a mission to track down someone whose last name doesn't match their household name when they're not home.

Same as the maids. I think this is what happens when you have sims that don't actually live in the town.
Carokube
Asinine Airhead

Asleep at the wheel.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1559 on: 2009 May 27, 18:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this, at least, sounds a bit more promising.

I have noticed that, what with the almost total lack of fugly sims in my game, it is near impossible to find a suitable mate for a single sim.  I have been reduced to latching onto the first reasonable thing that came along, rather than being able to pick.  Apparently since townies now have relationships, families, and houses of their own, there are almost no single sims around.  I was thinking I might have to make Jesus a homewrecker.

Yes, I think as someone else mentioned, my sims always have to resort to stalking attractive teenagers until they turn into YAs. It is really creepy, but I've never been succesful at the "ask X to break up with Y" option.

PS - Hello all!

I guess you couldn't call me greedy!
Immortal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: 2009 May 27, 18:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else seen the rubber ducky yet?

I didn't notice it anywhere in the buy menus, but one of my sims hooked it while fishing. If you set it on the edge of the tub, the sims will float it in the bath while taking a bath and get a lasting positive moodlet from it.

Maybe it's in the buy menu and I missed it, but I think it's more likely that there are a few household objects that you can't buy. My criminal sim has brought home a bunch of lawn gnomes which are different from the buyable lawn gnome and resell for $1k a piece.

I purchased one from the grocery/general store, along with "World's Brew Bubble Bath". Haven't tested it yet, but after putting it into my shower/bath, I got the option for a 'Wicked Bubble Bath' for my evil sim. Cheesy

Edit: I'm also in the criminal business, and the work-related bonus (Your sim working on a job and puts a little 'extra' on the side for himself - random item(s) to your family inventory) is superb. I almost always get some very expensive piece of art. Selling those 12k statues or 8k paintings really gives a boost to your overall income.

I've heard from other people with different careers, and I'm pretty sure the criminal career is one of the most profitable.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 27, 18:47:06 by Immortal » Logged
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: 2009 May 27, 18:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else seen the rubber ducky yet?

I didn't notice it anywhere in the buy menus, but one of my sims hooked it while fishing. If you set it on the edge of the tub, the sims will float it in the bath while taking a bath and get a lasting positive moodlet from it.

Maybe it's in the buy menu and I missed it, but I think it's more likely that there are a few household objects that you can't buy. My criminal sim has brought home a bunch of lawn gnomes which are different from the buyable lawn gnome and resell for $1k a piece.

I purchased one from the grocery/general store, along with "World's Brew Bubble Bath". Haven't tested it yet, but after putting it into my shower/bath, I got the option for a 'Wicked Bubble Bath' for my evil sim. Cheesy

Edit: I'm also in the criminal business, and the work-related bonus (Your sim working on a job and puts a little 'extra' on the side for himself - random item(s) to your family inventory) is superb. I almost always get some very expensive piece of art. Selling those 12k statues or 8k paintings really gives a boost to your overall income.

I've heard from other people with different careers, and I'm pretty sure the criminal career is one of the most profitable.

Til the boss figures out your lining your pockets and Biff comes a calling and you end up with some new cement shoes! Wink
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: 2009 May 27, 18:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think as someone else mentioned, my sims always have to resort to stalking attractive teenagers until they turn into YAs. It is really creepy, but I've never been succesful at the "ask X to break up with Y" option.

As has been pointed out already in this thread, you don't actually have to wait for the age transition -- if you buy a cake and invite them over, you'll be able to transition them yourself, even though they're not in your current family, and even if it's before they've reached the end of the age group.

Immortal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: 2009 May 27, 18:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Til the boss figures out your lining your pockets and Biff comes a calling and you end up with some new cement shoes! Wink

Well seeing as I am the Emperor of Evil and also the owner of the criminal workplace, I'm safe unless my sim develops a paranoid schizophrenic streak and sends hitmen after himself.  Wink

All in all it's going quite well in my current game - just need to decide whether I should get the moodlet manager or the collector finder thingamajic next.
buryuntime
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: 2009 May 27, 19:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there really any major distinction between young adult and adult? What can adult do that young adult can not, etc
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: 2009 May 27, 19:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well seeing as I am the Emperor of Evil and also the owner of the criminal workplace, I'm safe unless my sim develops a paranoid schizophrenic streak and sends hitmen after himself.  Wink

All in all it's going quite well in my current game - just need to decide whether I should get the moodlet manager or the collector finder thingamajic next.

God I love reading the thread here I get so many chuckles Smiley Thanks for the laugh.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: 2009 May 27, 19:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My criminal sim has brought home a bunch of lawn gnomes which are different from the buyable lawn gnome and resell for $1k a piece.
Magical gnomes can also be found in the catacombs and while fishing. They move. On their own. It's more amusing than creepy. My girl, Olive Summers, found one in the catacombs that I've named Chet the Roaming Gnome.

Also, a guy named Cycl0n3? Seriously? Ugh.
Beat him up and kill him. Stupid frakking MMORPG kiddie 12ness.

is there really any major distinction between young adult and adult? What can adult do that young adult can not, etc
Far as I can tell, there is a difference in fertility. During YA, my sims will get pregnant on trying about 50% of the time. At adult stage, it's more like 10%.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: 2009 May 27, 19:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the moodlet manager, my Sim used it a couple of times and it only seemed to work once.  Then it was gone from the inventory the next time I loaded the inventory (though I think I switched families in-between).

My Sim has finally gotten the teleportation pad.  He's currently updating it for perfect teleportation, since it's another unique upgrade (still trying to figure out what they all are).

After I plunked down the reward, all the members of the family could now teleport anywhere:

gyrobot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: 2009 May 27, 20:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, the crime warehouse is utterly borked after my superspy broke in.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: 2009 May 27, 20:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone actually gotten any of the collector specials [gem collector, etc.?] other than the one for identifing half the space rocks?

These are the gems I've gotten - Smoky Quartz, Blue Topaz, Yellow Sapphire, Tanzinite, the rainbow gem, Diamond, Emerald, and Ruby.
The re - Iron, Silver, Gold and Palladium

So, I noticed someone mentioned a pink diamond and a missing ore - has anyone actually gotten these?  I'm beginning to suspect that they don't really exist.
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: 2009 May 27, 20:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I noticed someone mentioned a pink diamond and a missing ore - has anyone actually gotten these?  I'm beginning to suspect that they don't really exist.

A simple search for "pink diamond" in the thread reveals that, in fact, both Blue Soup and dorquemada have found the pink diamond.

Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: 2009 May 27, 20:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone actually gotten any of the collector specials [gem collector, etc.?] other than the one for identifing half the space rocks?

These are the gems I've gotten - Smoky Quartz, Blue Topaz, Yellow Sapphire, Tanzinite, the rainbow gem, Diamond, Emerald, and Ruby.
The re - Iron, Silver, Gold and Palladium

I found both the pink diamond and the plutonium ore. Out of all the places to find it, I found it in the trash can.

msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: 2009 May 27, 20:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to keep up with the thread, but I've most likely skipped some pages, so the following may have been addressed.

What is up with the lack of relationships between family and/or household members? I've so far witnessed two sprog birthings with zero relationship for mother/child, which
is retarded. I wouldn't mind working them up to friendship status, but they should start with at least some relationship points.

Also, the first of the families the game moved into town without my permission(this is also retarded) consists of two adult women and a toddler. Neither of the
women has any relationship status with the other, or with the child. What the hell?

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: 2009 May 27, 20:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to keep up with the thread, but I've most likely skipped some pages, so the following may have been addressed.

What is up with the lack of relationships between family and/or household members? I've so far witnessed two sprog birthings with zero relationship for mother/child, which
is retarded. I wouldn't mind working them up to friendship status, but they should start with at least some relationship points.

Also, the first of the families the game moved into town without my permission(this is also retarded) consists of two adult women and a toddler. Neither of the
women has any relationship status with the other, or with the child. What the hell?

The regular feed / snuggle / play routine you have to go through with infants, as well as toddler training, should give you some reasonable level of relationship with the kid before it will ever matter.

No idea on the second one. That's bizarre.
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: 2009 May 27, 21:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As an aside, I recommend everyone keep a charisma 1 book lying around. Sims will boost charisma on their own through regular interaction once they have 1 charisma, but if they don't get their first point from the book, it will never go up.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: