More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:25:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1116634 times)
linz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1525 on: 2009 May 27, 15:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is it you want to do? Using testingcheatsenabled true and motherlode should give you pretty much everything you need.

I want to use it for the lifetime rewards it gives you 9,999,999 or something along those lines
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: 2009 May 27, 15:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did definitely see a crossed out 'evil' thought bubble above Holly's head when he started hitting on her. Queue up enough romance actions, though, and you can overcome anything (having the charisma trait, the attractive reward, and 10 in charisma probably helped). The only sims I couldn't impregnate were the maids, who had the "this sim has too many sims in her household to become pregnant" excuse. The maids didn't appear to be townies, though. I guess they commuted from somewhere where everyone has 10 roommates.  Roll Eyes

I can't say I've tried to poke the maid [or even hired one for that matter], but that's silly... Can you marry a maid, etc?
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: 2009 May 27, 15:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did definitely see a crossed out 'evil' thought bubble above Holly's head when he started hitting on her. Queue up enough romance actions, though, and you can overcome anything (having the charisma trait, the attractive reward, and 10 in charisma probably helped). The only sims I couldn't impregnate were the maids, who had the "this sim has too many sims in her household to become pregnant" excuse. The maids didn't appear to be townies, though. I guess they commuted from somewhere where everyone has 10 roommates.  Roll Eyes

I can't say I've tried to poke the maid [or even hired one for that matter], but that's silly... Can you marry a maid, etc?

Yeah. They're fully-funcational sims, they just, apparently, don't live in Pleasant Valley, and hence can't have families. When my sim married her it forcibly moved her into the house and changed her last name - there was no option to move to her place, because she didn't have one.

She also had no skills of any kind, and despite the fact that the social mouseover drop-down lists her career as maid, was unemployed.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1528 on: 2009 May 27, 15:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want to download the arr'ed version [especially not since the real deal is coming out in a week], but I'm really curious to know from those who have been playing what the word on autonomous homosexuality is.. One person mentioned autonomously lesbian sims, but I haven't heard anyone else say anything like this. Can anyone else confirm this is possible in the game? I don't want my households to be little islands of gayness in a sea of-- well, you get the idea... I don't make all my sims gay [it's about 50/50], but if the whole town in sims 3 is gonna be straight, I gotta do my part to even out the odds... Variety is a good thing.

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: 2009 May 27, 15:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there are autonomously gay Sims, and actual (and autonomous) gay marriage (as opposed to joined unions or whatever they are called in TS2).

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: 2009 May 27, 15:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want to download the arr'ed version [especially not since the real deal is coming out in a week], but I'm really curious to know from those who have been playing what the word on autonomous homosexuality is.. One person mentioned autonomously lesbian sims, but I haven't heard anyone else say anything like this. Can anyone else confirm this is possible in the game? I don't want my households to be little islands of gayness in a sea of-- well, you get the idea... I don't make all my sims gay [it's about 50/50], but if the whole town in sims 3 is gonna be straight, I gotta do my part to even out the odds... Variety is a good thing.

I've seen around 3 autonomous gay relationships, 2 male and one female.

I was actually pretty saddened by one male... he was one of my playable sim's next victims, he wasnt fat and looked ok... whenmy sim tried to flirt with him, she was accused of being rude by another male, and on further inspection, they were "boyfriend and boyfriend"... gutted.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: 2009 May 27, 16:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my incentives to create my own 'hood was that Sunset Valley had about 9,000 women in it and most of them were lesbians. That's all well and good, except that I could not find a single unattached man for the girl I was playing.
buryuntime
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: 2009 May 27, 16:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only complaints so far / questions(sorry if they've already been mentioned):

Ultra Speed: It's so slow! I have to take out a book when everyone is asleep or at work. This isn't just my computer, right?

Body Parts: I thought you were supposed to be able to make arms skinnier or fatter individually. My game only has one bar to adjust and by the looks of the pre-made sims you should be able to do that-- might be there with final version.

Going places: If the sim doesn't have a bike or car, they take off in this mad dash to wherever they are going. And sometimes even with a bike my sim would just run there. One time my sim ran through peoples yards to get somewhere at around midnight. It's just creepy.

Relationships: Can sims even fall in love? I've had a sim get pregnant by another sim. They are still just best friends. There is no marriage option yet, propose option.. or even crush.  Huh Relationships seem to be difficult anyway... one "bad" trait such as non-humourous and you can't use jokes or be told jokes which seems to be the only good way to build relationships. =|

Things I like:

Needs/Wants: I love the new system for them and how they aren't the focus. Everything effects your mood and it shows you how many hours it will effect your mood. Even things like back aches from pregnancy to someone complimenting you to being able to complain to a friend.

Navigation
: Although the navigation was a bit hard at first it's actually well done. You can track their progress on the map view and you just click anywhere to zoom in. There is a button to send your sim home without having to try to find home, and you can click to zoom into one of your sims from anymore. Sims in a house hold can all be in different places at once.

Traits
: Endless possibilities with these, much better than personalities like in TS2.

I don't understand "the horror".. it's still an okay game and the seamless neighborhood is worth it. :3
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1533 on: 2009 May 27, 16:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Supervillain was arrested by the police.  Lame.  If a Supervillain is going to get busted, there should at least be an honest-to-god Superhero involved.  If no one in the town has their act together enough to get to be a Superhero, then sucks to be them.

More experiments with romance - my sim is now wooing her friendly neighbor's husband, because she is totally a home-wrecking shit-stirrer.  She also now has the Attractive perk, whatever effect that actually has.  They got to friend status, she invited him over and got to "Love Interest" status in a few hours (it was slightly harder than the first time though, so maybe the fact that they're both involved with other people actually matters).  Try For Baby was, however, rejected twice, after which the social interaction message became "Sean thinks that Corrine is being a bit creepy." Heh.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: 2009 May 27, 16:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Relationships: Can sims even fall in love? I've had a sim get pregnant by another sim. They are still just best friends. There is no marriage option yet, propose option.. or even crush.  Huh Relationships seem to be difficult anyway... one "bad" trait such as non-humourous and you can't use jokes or be told jokes which seems to be the only good way to build relationships. =|

Yes you can be in love, and you actually get a perk for being in the same room as the person you love. It take a bunch of work though to get the relations high enough to have it and the way relation degenerate it's hard to keep. However, if you have the charism skill and get the perk where relation degenerate slower its easier to keep. As I have said many times, skills play a larger part in Sims3 now, Athletics high enough will make your Sims fatigue drop slower to the point of almost being able to run 24 hours before need to sleep. I think it also allows them to recoup faster. I have found out that the lower fatigue is (red or orange) the longer it takes to recover. I always make sure my Sims sleep before they hit red/orange, usually in the start of yellow.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1535 on: 2009 May 27, 16:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually pretty saddened by one male... he was one of my playable sim's next victims, he wasnt fat and looked ok... whenmy sim tried to flirt with him, she was accused of being rude by another male, and on further inspection, they were "boyfriend and boyfriend"... gutted.

That's life for you...  Cheesy  Wink

Well, this is awesome news... Kudos to EAxis for auto-gayness.

Edit: Stupid me just realized someone asked about autonomous gayness a couple pages ago! D'oh!.. Too many pages to read, and in my defense, I even did a search for the word 'gay' before posting my question but it didn't show!
« Last Edit: 2009 May 27, 16:59:48 by GloamingMerle » Logged

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: 2009 May 27, 16:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ultra Speed: It's so slow! I have to take out a book when everyone is asleep or at work. This isn't just my computer, right?

It works fine for some, not at all for others.  I suspect it's your computer.  Mine is fine.

Yes. You have to engage in romatic interactions and build up to finding each other irresistable.  Somewhere along the way you get a red heart "romantic interest" for the relationship.  When you propose going steady (necessary even if elder), you get boyfriend/girlfriend status.  I know it can happen autonomously, because the gal my Sim married had a red heart for another woman.  However, I don't know how easily it happens if you, the player, do not help it along by chosing romantic interactions.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: 2009 May 27, 16:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine for some, not at all for others.  I suspect it's your computer.  Mine is fine.

I meant to comment on this. In Sims 2 fast speed was like 8 in Sims 3 it is like 4, FOR THE CURRENT ACTION OF THE SELECTED SIM. Total BS I say, if I turn it on fast (4) it should stay on 4 until something eventful happens or I turn it off. Or there should be an option of a higher speed for the action of the Sim.

It gets quite boring waiting for work to be over or them sleeping if you don't have another sim to mess around with.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: 2009 May 27, 17:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go read Heart of Darkness, burythebeloved. Alternatively, watch the surfing in Apocalypse Now.

I would like to note that my woman problem (see previous post) was partially caused by me: do NOT leave a Family-Oriented sim with a Fertility Treatment alone... ever. See image for details:

Another amusing image: NEAT SIM BREAKS THE TOILET; HULK EMERGES
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: 2009 May 27, 17:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It gets quite boring waiting for work to be over or them sleeping if you don't have another sim to mess around with.

Yes, when they're sleeping or at work is the best time to mess around with another Sim. Smiley  Just make sure you're done before they wake up or get home from work. Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1540 on: 2009 May 27, 17:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are doors lockable, or did they forget to add this feature? I wanted to make a room, for a plotline, where only one character can enter.
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: 2009 May 27, 17:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, when they're sleeping or at work is the best time to mess around with another Sim. Smiley  Just make sure you're done before they wake up or get home from work. Cheesy

Hook

LOL!!!!!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: 2009 May 27, 17:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She keeps putting the fire pit in the back yard away into her inventory. More importantly, why is this considered to be an item that needs to be tidied away?
Yes, why must they put the firepit in inventory when it is sitting properly in their backyard, and why must they put books into their inventory when they are sitting right next to the freaking bookcase?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: 2009 May 27, 17:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook

I had a set of sim brothers going, and one of them nailed every girl in town with impunity. The other, however, would get chewed out by his polyamorous brother any time he so much as glanced sideways at another female sim. Turns out I had tried out the "lets go steady" romance option while playing the second brother, and the philanderer-in-chief was good buddies with the 'girlfriend'.

I actually had to reload at one point because the brothers would fight any time I left them alone. Recovering from -100% relationship appears to be almost impossible. Any friendly action they took would just piss the other one off.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: 2009 May 27, 17:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried the multitasking trait. Does it really make a difference?

I had a teen, who was having big problems doing her homework.  It'd take her over 3 hours to do HighSchool homework, and this was if she was in a good mood.  Bad mood, 4 1/2 hours.   Finally able to get her the Multitasker, and the time to do homework dropped by half.  That was worth it in my opinion.  As far as Skilling or work performance goes, no idea.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: 2009 May 27, 17:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else seen the rubber ducky yet?

I didn't notice it anywhere in the buy menus, but one of my sims hooked it while fishing. If you set it on the edge of the tub, the sims will float it in the bath while taking a bath and get a lasting positive moodlet from it.

Maybe it's in the buy menu and I missed it, but I think it's more likely that there are a few household objects that you can't buy. My criminal sim has brought home a bunch of lawn gnomes which are different from the buyable lawn gnome and resell for $1k a piece.
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: 2009 May 27, 17:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook

I had a set of sim brothers going, and one of them nailed every girl in town with impunity. The other, however, would get chewed out by his polyamorous brother any time he so much as glanced sideways at another female sim. Turns out I had tried out the "lets go steady" romance option while playing the second brother, and the philanderer-in-chief was good buddies with the 'girlfriend'.

I actually had to reload at one point because the brothers would fight any time I left them alone. Recovering from -100% relationship appears to be almost impossible. Any friendly action they took would just piss the other one off.

Yes, takes a long time to get the -100 up. I broke up a husband wife and the wife is still pissed after about three weeks of game time. Though she is only at -50 or so now Tongue, i just made sure they didn't interact. A bit harder in your game though.

Something I wanted to know, can you now get females in the hood pregnant even if they don't live with you?
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: 2009 May 27, 17:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else seen the rubber ducky yet?

I didn't notice it anywhere in the buy menus, but one of my sims hooked it while fishing. If you set it on the edge of the tub, the sims will float it in the bath while taking a bath and get a lasting positive moodlet from it.

Maybe it's in the buy menu and I missed it, but I think it's more likely that there are a few household objects that you can't buy. My criminal sim has brought home a bunch of lawn gnomes which are different from the buyable lawn gnome and resell for $1k a piece.

Yes, the Ducky is in the Outdoor stuff I think under games. Also where the B-day cake is. You can also buy it from the grocery store.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: 2009 May 27, 17:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this, at least, sounds a bit more promising.

I have noticed that, what with the almost total lack of fugly sims in my game, it is near impossible to find a suitable mate for a single sim.  I have been reduced to latching onto the first reasonable thing that came along, rather than being able to pick.  Apparently since townies now have relationships, families, and houses of their own, there are almost no single sims around.  I was thinking I might have to make Jesus a homewrecker.

Tribulatio proxima est
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: 2009 May 27, 17:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook

Yes, takes a long time to get the -100 up. I broke up a husband wife and the wife is still pissed after about three weeks of game time. Though she is only at -50 or so now Tongue, i just made sure they didn't interact. A bit harder in your game though.

Something I wanted to know, can you now get females in the hood pregnant even if they don't live with you?

Oh, easily. Oddly enough, "Try For Baby" appears to have exactly the same reaction as "WooHoo," regardless of the circumstances (e.g. married sim at a house party with another person), so it's no more difficult to get a sim knocked up than it is to get them in bed.

If you impregnate a female townie, you get a message 3 days later that you're the father of a new child. The game names the kid automatically - you don't get to pick. You get a positive moodlet and some initial 'cuddle kid' desires, but other than that, there are no effects other than seeing your progeny reflected in your family tree.

I had my evil sim make a run at all of the married townies, just for the lols.

Also, infant aging appears to be permanently set to Normal. My life length is on epic, but all of my sims bastards have turned into toddlers within a few days.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: