More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:51:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111838 times)
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1500 on: 2009 May 27, 11:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometime ago, I read there will be on-line verification when any downloads are added to the game. Haven't heard anything about this being dropped. My thought is about sharing what is bought on the store will be difficult if we have the EADM and the launcher installed. We definitely need a no-cd crack and not installing the EADM to bypass this, I guess.  Will not know til the official copy comes out.
Yeah we will defo need to have a look at this kind of thing.. Cause.. yes im buying my copy.. and yes ill be using my 17$US to spend at the store no doubt... but if stuff on there is going to be upwards of 20$US each month, im not going to be happy, thats one reason I'm not a fan of WoW, or anything else that you have to pay for the game... and then more money for gametime, and whatnot. I'm not a fan of Eve (or whatever it is) but I like the way they are doing it... Free Download, and then monthly fee type thing. Like Magazines. Ok I stop now.

Smile.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1501 on: 2009 May 27, 11:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Pescado
Recipe Books as magic scrolls is something that is targeted for termination.
*farts hearts*

Tealdeer, the pedobear video is LULZY! Cheesy
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: 2009 May 27, 12:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim had triplet girls.  No fertility treatments.  Just bada-bing, bada-boom, triplets.

My initial reaction was to want to shoot myself.

My second reaction was to want to take a hammer and pummel about the head and shoulders each 12 who ever screamed for a triplets hack.

I'm adjusting to the notion that it will be challenging and (ever hopeful) fun.  I used to enjoy the surprise of the occasional natural twins in TS2, but so far out of 5 pregnancies with 3 couples there's been a set of twins and a set of triplets.  Multiple births cease to be fun for me when it's not a novelty.

I also do wish they'd alert you that you have twins or triplets, and the genders, before the naming starts.  I like to do dorky things like coordinating names.

I wondered how they'd get the three girls home from the hospital, especially since they were riding bikes.  (Yes, my pregnant Sim jumped on her bike and peddled to the hospital.  What a trooper!).  She brought them home in a basket the size of a picnic basket (but it was white), then unloaded them one at a time.

In other news, I think maybe Sims do carry the physical traits of the parent they do not favor.  One of my Sim's sisters had a baby boy awhile back.  He got his grandmother's red hair, even though mom had her dad's brown hair and dad had black hair.  Of course, I'm not playing this family, so it could just be random.  I'm hoping not, though.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: 2009 May 27, 12:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recipe Books as magic scrolls is something that is targeted for termination.
*farts hearts*

Tealdeer, the pedobear video is LULZY! Cheesy

Thanks. I think its most useful purpose it to highlight the HORRIBLE un-modded camera/navigation controls and the un-modded VERY SLOW reaction time when you tell Sims what to do. I edited a LOT of "frozen in space" Sim action out, which was a pain, as I didn't want any unexpected jump cuts. The original "kitchen scene" footage was at least five times longer, with lots of "talk...LONG FUCKING PAUSE...talk...LONG FUCKING PAUSE..." nonsense. Sims all move like turtles by default. You can see a typical cam/nav problem and a typical delayed reaction at the end of the video, where I tell the Hansen Sim to talk "meanly" to the Pedro Neckbeard character, and it takes SOOOOOO LOOOONG that I included it as a (weak) joke: http://zoopy.com/q/xdh

(On the other hand, leaving "headline" artifacts in was just laziness, and limited free time to throw the project together. The thought and speech bubbles can be left out. I'd hoped for some amusing game-generated icons in those bubbles to add to the theme of the video and was sorely disappointed not to really get anything useful.)

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: 2009 May 27, 12:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole genetics is a pile of steaming poo. My CAS made sims (so no parents, OK?) a blonde and a redhead had one child with fathers red hair (including highlights etc.) and then went and popped out a brown haired boy. WTF?

Edit: It was live witnessed birth. I played only this family and never once switched away. The only difference: second child was born after I loaded the saved game (the ONLY saved game) after a normal shutdown.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 27, 12:38:04 by Eliste » Logged
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: 2009 May 27, 12:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other news, I think maybe Sims do carry the physical traits of the parent they do not favor.  One of my Sim's sisters had a baby boy awhile back.  He got his grandmother's red hair, even though mom had her dad's brown hair and dad had black hair.  Of course, I'm not playing this family, so it could just be random.  I'm hoping not, though.
I had this same thought, and thought we might need Pes' Batmanbox (forget that name) to fix this, but I had a kid and notice that it picked up the hair from the grandmother too.. and then later on down the track.. same parents had 2 more kids... and it was the color of the fathers, it could be possibly its working a bit better, I made mention of this earlier on, and Pes said something about it. So it might still need some work.

The whole genetics is a pile of steaming poo. My CAS made sims (so no parents, OK?) a blonde and a redhead had one child with fathers red hair (including highlights etc.) and then went and popped out a brown haired boy. WTF?
And yes... like this post... it might need some more work... hopefully EAxis patches this... instead of making Pes or some one else more awesome do it!

Smile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: 2009 May 27, 12:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I require far more rigorous test data than what you have here. Anything produced while you are not playing the sim is an invalid test result and means nothing. I need ONLY results produced by live, WITNESSED births, not auto-handout babies from nowhere.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mr. Snooley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: 2009 May 27, 12:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So has anyone else tested out to replace / add Music to the Game?
(Not Radio Stations, I mean Building, Buy, CAS Music etc.)

I can't find any Folders for that, there's only " Custom Music " and that is for the one custom Radio Station.

BTW, that's what is also freakin Stupid, in TS2 you could make your own Radio Stations.
I know it has been added via an Addon, but comeon they could have atleast let that in TS3!
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: 2009 May 27, 12:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I require far more rigorous test data than what you have here. Anything produced while you are not playing the sim is an invalid test result and means nothing. I need ONLY results produced by live, WITNESSED births, not auto-handout babies from nowhere.
Ok, well ill take some screenies of my Gen3 sims coming soon, the grannies and greats etc. That's gunna help?

Smile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: 2009 May 27, 12:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I have rigorous experimental procedures that are to be followed without deviation. Thread on this posted seperately in this section. Since I don't have time to deal with random bullshit, I'm going to nuke and ban anyone who tries it. People will perform the test exactly as-is or they will stay out of my experiment. This is SCIENCE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: 2009 May 27, 12:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VERY SLOW reaction time when you tell Sims what to do. I edited a LOT of "frozen in space" Sim action out, which was a pain, as I didn't want any unexpected jump cuts.

I have found that the first time you get sims to do anything, like use the terlet, shower, exercise machines, etc., they tend to "dead space" for about half a minute (YMMV).  After that, they do things normally with only a brief pause to change clothes (where required).  It's like installing the game only installs the basic bits, and other specific sequences are loaded as you do them on a piecemeal basis.  I had this thing where a sim stood and stared at a chess table for a whole sim hour before sitting down to play.  I was so annoyed that I killed him.  Subsequent sims have had no problem sitting down to play.  (Mind you, they now know the alternative.  Grin )

Sims all move like turtles by default...and it takes SOOOOOO LOOOONG that I included it as a (weak) joke: http://zoopy.com/q/xdh

On my rig, slowness appears to be a product of the video card and screen resolution.  If I reduce screen resolution, movement and control response is faster.  Of course, if you reduce screen resolution too much you end up with a "stretched steaming pile of faeces" TM

Tribulatio proxima est
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: 2009 May 27, 12:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I have rigorous experimental procedures that are to be followed without deviation. Thread on this posted seperately in this section. Since I don't have time to deal with random bullshit, I'm going to nuke and ban anyone who tries it. People will perform the test exactly as-is or they will stay out of my experiment. This is SCIENCE.
Lulz, ok no problems, I'm happy to help out. When the Almighty is ready. *bows head to my Lord*

EDIT: Just noticed the new Thread, will give this bad boy ago later today or tomorrow night <24hours. Thanks Pes... Will you want screenies too? eh?

Smile.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1512 on: 2009 May 27, 12:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish you luck, Pescado.  IME few people are able to follow instructions exactly or answer questions directly when it comes to testing or bug reporting.  I look forward to being pleasantly surprised however.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: 2009 May 27, 12:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it's a motivation thing. Which is why participating and failing to do so will be punished by nuking and banning, to encourage that it be done properly. I mean, of course you can't expect people to behave properly. In my experience, people never do unless you MOTIVATE them with threats of dire and immediate punishment.

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1514 on: 2009 May 27, 12:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Random sim squats with existing Fambly. No explanation is given. Then the original sims may be killed off. You never get to see this. No explanation is given for that, either.
Axe murderer? This is why you should never allow a random person to move in with you. Tongue

Quote from: Marhis
It's just me, or Pes is more nervous and irritable since TS3?  Grin *giggles*
Nah, he's just as cuddly as ever. Wink

Quote from: diskoh
could you elaborate on that? is there a way to actually make a homeless sim, or did you move them into an empty lot and have them sleep on the park bench Cheesy
Empty lot. But she spends most of her time in the park with her guitar trying to earn enough money to eat.

I'm actually thinking of starting a new story. I was gonna work on it today during breaks, but I forgot to give myself access to the folder where the snapshots are stored. D'oh. Tongue Oh well, at least I can write down plot ideas for later.
linz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: 2009 May 27, 13:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know where i could find the FULL Sims 3 trainer?
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1516 on: 2009 May 27, 13:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know where i could find the FULL Sims 3 trainer?
What is it you want to do? Using testingcheatsenabled true and motherlode should give you pretty much everything you need.

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1517 on: 2009 May 27, 13:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon my double post *deletes* I told ya I've been having problems with this place. Must be the influx of sheep.

Quote from: Phyl
I also do wish they'd alert you that you have twins or triplets, and the genders, before the naming starts.  I like to do dorky things like coordinating names.
I do too. I wish there was a way to rename people for this reason. (and, of course if they have idiotic names like cylon sword)

Why can't you see the Custom Music folder in the settings control panel? I hope they "fixed" this in the "final" release. Tongue

Quote from: Fish head
This is SCIENCE.
BLIND ME! Wink

Mr. Snooley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: 2009 May 27, 14:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone here know how to obtain a Limo as your own Car?
To put it on your lot etc.

Because in the intro there is a pink Limo, and the Limo's my Sims get ( because of high rank in Job ) can't be modified.

In other news, I had a evil Sim running around, kicking Garbage Cans and pissing off other people. This resulted in other evil Sims leaving their house in the middle of the night and cheering for my evil Sim.

Gotta love comradeship.
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: 2009 May 27, 14:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon my double post *deletes* I told ya I've been having problems with this place. Must be the influx of sheep.

Quote from: Phyl
I also do wish they'd alert you that you have twins or triplets, and the genders, before the naming starts.  I like to do dorky things like coordinating names.
I do too. I wish there was a way to rename people for this reason. (and, of course if they have idiotic names like cylon sword)

Why can't you see the Custom Music folder in the settings control panel? I hope they "fixed" this in the "final" release. Tongue

Quote from: Fish head
This is SCIENCE.
BLIND ME! Wink

There is a way to rename Sims, it's called City Hall Wink Though I don't know how old the childern would have to be or if they can be renamed right away. I have renamed several of my Sims.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: 2009 May 27, 14:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other news, I had a evil Sim running around, kicking Garbage Cans and pissing off other people. This resulted in other evil Sims leaving their house in the middle of the night and cheering for my evil Sim.

Gotta love comradeship.

LOL. I'm yet to play an evil sim... They do sound fun though. I may create one tonight... let the fun ensue!
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: 2009 May 27, 14:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There does not seem to be any inherent compatibility system, though, so if you decide a Sim is The One for your Sim, all you have to do is start climbing.

I dunno, I found it a little bit harder to get Holly Alto (a "good" sim) to agree to have my evil sim's bastard child. Maybe she was just disturbed about the fact that we had to kick her Dad out of his bed before we could use it.
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: 2009 May 27, 14:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There does not seem to be any inherent compatibility system, though, so if you decide a Sim is The One for your Sim, all you have to do is start climbing.

Not yet no, I expect to see traits and stuff make a return in an expansion.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: 2009 May 27, 14:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, I found it a little bit harder to get Holly Alto (a "good" sim) to agree to have my evil sim's bastard child. Maybe she was just disturbed about the fact that we had to kick her Dad out of his bed before we could use it.

My sim had no problems convincing her Child-hating boss to impregnate her. Then he formed a friendship witih said child... Traits so far seem to be no more than glorified 'perks' to make each playable sim different from the next.

Ick.
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: 2009 May 27, 15:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim had no problems convincing her Child-hating boss to impregnate her. Then he formed a friendship witih said child... Traits so far seem to be no more than glorified 'perks' to make each playable sim different from the next.

Ick.

I did definitely see a crossed out 'evil' thought bubble above Holly's head when he started hitting on her. Queue up enough romance actions, though, and you can overcome anything (having the charisma trait, the attractive reward, and 10 in charisma probably helped). The only sims I couldn't impregnate were the maids, who had the "this sim has too many sims in her household to become pregnant" excuse. The maids didn't appear to be townies, though. I guess they commuted from somewhere where everyone has 10 roommates.  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: