More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:40:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111796 times)
teaislovely
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1475 on: 2009 May 27, 03:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there are autonomously gay sims in TS3?

Yep, there is a sim in my neighbourhood called Chintan (something  like that) he hooked up with another guy and they got married. Aww!

Also I think they had a baby because Chintan came to a party as just a floating head, I read somewhere that a guy sim got knocked up and had no body for the duration of the pregnancy in someone else's game.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: 2009 May 27, 03:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there are autonomously gay sims in TS3?

I discovered when they got married that the gal my Sim married had a love interest relationship with another woman. 

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
teaislovely
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: 2009 May 27, 03:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a birthday party for my sim and the cake caught fire, everyone freaked out. it was really funny!

Anyway, I just moved his girlfriend in and although there was a baby in the move in options I thought it was her sister, turns out its her kid. Is there a way to get that kid to move in now? Woopsie.

Edit: I split the baby and an adult from her old household and merged with the new one.. I'll kick that extra guy out. Hope this works.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 27, 03:56:44 by teaislovely » Logged
tabbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1478 on: 2009 May 27, 05:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to add more sims to your neighborhood once it's started?

I couldn't figure it out, and if you cant then that truly SUCKS.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: 2009 May 27, 05:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something that needs fixing, why the hell are the ghosts always so freaking tired? They rise from the grave, stay awake for maybe an hour and then go camp in someones bed. Notiredghosts would be an awesome fix. Didn't they already spend all day sleeping in the grave?

I think that my Cordelia Goth has gone insane after the birth of their third child Pugsly. She is obsessively cleaning on her own. She keeps putting the fire pit in the back yard away into her inventory. More importantly, why is this considered to be an item that needs to be tidied away? She also will not leave the fucking books in her inventory in her inventory, she keeps putting them back on the shelf. This is what I get for fooling with freewill.

On a slightly buggy vein, if sim has a meal with enough servings for multiple sims in their inventory and then take it to the park to eat, said sim continues to remove platter after platter from inventory and will stand there eating them all regardless of maxed hunger.

I've been trying to catch up with this thread for days, I'm still reading pages a few before this one. This is a losing battle for me it seems.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 27, 08:26:58 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Mirablu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: 2009 May 27, 06:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to add more sims to your neighborhood once it's started?

I couldn't figure it out, and if you cant then that truly SUCKS.

Click on the "..." in the lower left corner, and go to Edit Town. From there you can create Sims and move them into lots.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: 2009 May 27, 06:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Car. In inventory. Why? I know many of the objects are unrealistic (80 fish, a telescope, or whatever), but a car? Why not have it show up in sim inventory as keys?
Because if the car showed up as just the keys for the car, you would have no idea what car it is because all car keys look the same!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: 2009 May 27, 06:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just going to laugh at you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: 2009 May 27, 06:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right now I'm just happy to have gotten to the reply page so forgive if this has been mentioned prior, I'm about six pages behind. I was playing my sim self the last couple days, top of her career and a bunch of skills maxed (plus the house looked awesome).

I saved, quit and came back to the game later. Except the game had reset itself. My sim self was in the bin and had no job, no skills and the neighborhood was the same as it had been two days ago. I'm really hoping it's just because I have the relaoded version. If I get the full game (yes, Pescado I'm buying it) and I can lose my neighborhood at any time I'm not going to be a happy camper.  Angry
At any point did you make another sim or go into another house and save it? I accidentally saved over my savefile and when I went back into the game I discovered that the sim that I had made before was in the bin. The Default name for the save file is the name of the hood. I hadn't realized how it worked, being so used to The Sims 2 and the entire hood saving several households.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1484 on: 2009 May 27, 07:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to catch up with this thread for days, I'm still reading pages a few before this one. This is a loosing battle for me it seems.

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: 2009 May 27, 08:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saved, quit and came back to the game later. Except the game had reset itself. My sim self was in the bin and had no job, no skills and the neighborhood was the same as it had been two days ago.

It happened the same to me, and with my simself too. Does this game punish sim selves?  Tongue

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: 2009 May 27, 08:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servers are not being cooperative at the moment.

Some traits seem to be able to be 'triggered' for an immediate find-out, too, due to certain social actions.  Ask about work, and you might get 'Workaholic', a flirt can reveal if someone's Unflirty, chating about family will get if someone Hates Children (and I assume the opposite, though I haven't ever gotten that), speaking of Art gets if someone Hates Art, telling a joke can get you the Good Sense of Humor / No Sense of Humor thing... I'm sure there's more, but those are the only one's I've seen.  Still, yeah, besides the super easy Questioning way, it does seem a bit difficult to get traits after 'Get to know' is gone; chat takes forever.
Or just get the Observant reward. It's only 5,000. Usually one chat will give a sim three trait discoveries. My sims get the Observant reward, the multitasking one, the one that makes coworker relationships easier. Those are the starters. Then they'll get other rewards based on their personality or LTW.

The fire one pissed me off.  The family is off in the house and yard then the fire started, here they come running.  WTH?  The ones in the house have no reason to react, they are INSIDE.  Plus I can't send them to do anything else until the fire is over....which is when someone (mom) died.
I had an unlucky, pregnant sim start a fire. I sent her ghost parents to put it out, because I'd never meant to resurrect the buggers in the first place. Not only did they succeed in putting out the fire before dying again (if possible), but she and her husband kept running in from outside to scream about it.

I haven't tried the multitasking trait. Does it really make a difference?

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: 2009 May 27, 08:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to catch up with this thread for days, I'm still reading pages a few before this one. This is a loosing battle for me it seems.
http://wikka.moreawesomethanyou.com/images/3/34/Losecat.png

My only excuse is that it is around 3am, I'm a little dense anyway, and I am battling kittens across my keyboard. Will fix. I thought that Rohina considered me exempt because I was a lost cause? More importantly, why aren't you in the installation thread? There is a guy mutilating the written word in there.

sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: 2009 May 27, 08:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>
But I suppose there are some who will miss medieval themed furniture and some others.
You mean there is no more medieval stuff? You mean nothing, not even clothes?
* curses *

I was so hoping for 1 big medieval village... I guess I need lots of custom content then. (And more RAM, but I'll be getting that one on saturday)
(I didn't acquire the game yet, I'm waiting a little to see what everone has to say about it  Cheesy)

"Today you'll see me crash and burn, but I'll be back tomorrow."
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: 2009 May 27, 08:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I finally found the most elusive gemstone, which turns out to be something called a rainbow gem.  It seems to be worth far less than a pink diamond, but no matter.

Where did you find that pink diamond ? My sims is running around town almost on a daily basis and find lots of gems, but has never seen a pink diamond... She has only found one rainbow gem so far. I'm also struggling to find the last mineral ore (I have iron, silver gold and palladium). Any ideas on where to search ?
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: 2009 May 27, 08:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The finds are apparently random, I found pink diamond in a dustbin, for instance.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: 2009 May 27, 08:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where did you find that pink diamond ? My sims is running around town almost on a daily basis and find lots of gems, but has never seen a pink diamond... She has only found one rainbow gem so far. I'm also struggling to find the last mineral ore (I have iron, silver gold and palladium). Any ideas on where to search ?

I've never found ore.  That's my missing metal too.  As for the pink diamond, check around the fishing holes since there's lots of gems around those, but they really can be anywhere.

I've gotten this far with gem cuts, and I think there will be one more at §500, and I think it'll be a princess cut.

JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: 2009 May 27, 09:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't sure if it was worth a new thread, maybe later on down the track, If i've posted this in the wrong section let me know...

I'd be guessing that with this stupid Sim Points thing for EA-Store downloads, will these be added to the Booty? I'm guessing we wont really know until it opens how the files will work, but im guessing that's why the content in the base game is so bleak, because they want to make more money from buyers of the game.

Also another question about Booty, will it be divided when it comes to TS2 and TS3 stuff?

Smile.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: 2009 May 27, 09:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be guessing that with this stupid Sim Points thing for EA-Store downloads, will these be added to the Booty?

To the Booty certainly not: the booty is for pay-fan-sites' files only, not for pirated stuff.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: 2009 May 27, 09:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, exactly what they are doing with the SimsStore... making us pay for Sims stuff! That should be free... I rekon the reason they are doing the SimsStore is because the saw what places like TSR was doing... and thought, "Woo, we can make even more money from these little kid's parent's creditcards" Correct?

Smile.
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1495 on: 2009 May 27, 09:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, exactly what they are doing with the SimsStore... making us pay for Sims stuff! That should be free... I rekon the reason they are doing the SimsStore is because the saw what places like TSR was doing... and thought, "Woo, we can make even more money from these little kid's parent's creditcards" Correct?
The difference is that EA has the right to do this: it makes the game, has all the legal rights over the game, and is at liberty to dispense its own custom content at whatever prices it sees fit. T$R has no such right, and its actions violate the EULA.

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: 2009 May 27, 09:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the Booty certainly not: the booty is for pay-fan-sites' files only, not for pirated stuff.

*bold added for emphasis, since he seems to have overlooked that point*

The Sims Store is not a fan site charging for CC.  It is EA charging for 'extra' content, which they have the right to do (even though they suck great big hairy balls for doing so).  The booty does not host Sims Store files.  However, if someone were to purchase Sims Store stuff, upload it to Mediafire or some such place and share the links to it here for all to use, well, what could Pes do to stop it, really?    Wink
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: 2009 May 27, 10:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims Store is not a fan site charging for CC.  It is EA charging for 'extra' content,
HA! You mean content that they release... "Hey guys... Take those 400 objects out of TS3, and lets sell them online... Jerks!
And yes that my question, I'm wondering if its as easy to copy the downloads to more that one PC, our how it will work...
But seriously what a joke! Pay for shit that they should have put in the game, instead of leaving out to make money of it.
And yes i'm aware TSR cant do it... but those pricks at TS3 shouldn't be able to do it either!

Smile.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: 2009 May 27, 11:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometime ago, I read there will be on-line verification when any downloads are added to the game. Haven't heard anything about this being dropped. My thought is about sharing what is bought on the store will be difficult if we have the EADM and the launcher installed. We definitely need a no-cd crack and not installing the EADM to bypass this, I guess.  Will not know til the official copy comes out.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: 2009 May 27, 11:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How to deliver group meal - if someone already posted the solution shoot me.

Make the meal, drag it to the sim's icon on the left & drop it,  go to map, a bubble will appear where that person is at, click on it, a menu option will appear to deliver the meal.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: