More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:46:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1118758 times)
Mr. Snooley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1375 on: 2009 May 26, 13:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll agree with daisywenham, even EA can't possibly be that stupid ... (wonders happen everyday though)

If that Bug is still in the Final, wich it probably is according to the Tests of the Razor Version, and EA doesn't fix it with the upcoming Patch, wich apparently will get released on the games release, THEN I will have lost all faith in them.

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1376 on: 2009 May 26, 14:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll agree with daisywenham, even EA can't possibly be that stupid ... (wonders happen everyday though)

If that Bug is still in the Final, which it probably is according to the Tests of the Razor Version, and EA doesn't fix it with the upcoming Patch, which apparently will get released on the games release, THEN I will have lost all faith in them.

Oh, yes because your "faith" is so very important to the corporation that is EA.  Roll Eyes

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: 2009 May 26, 14:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another possible bug:

My sim clogged the terlet, but I sent her to bed rather than take care of it because she was exhausted and cranky.  She was also newly-pregnant, and when she got up in the middle of the night to vomit she ignored the clogged potty and ran outside into the yard.  Once outside, she was fine; she jumped slightly and was no longer nauseous.  This happened once more during the night, but once she woke up and demonstrated her mad plunging skills, she was able to puke in the terlet normally.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1378 on: 2009 May 26, 14:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is that a bug?  I wouldn't lean over a toilet that was clogged with god knows what and throw up into it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: 2009 May 26, 14:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is that a bug?  I wouldn't lean over a toilet that was clogged with god knows what and throw up into it.

Because she didn't puke when she ran outside; she just stopped outside the door, 'jumped', and lost her nausea.  If she had retched into the bushes, I would have been perfectly content.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: 2009 May 26, 14:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she managed to walk it off. That's what you normally do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: 2009 May 26, 14:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal for makeup or more specifically, blush on the females, to look like they've taken a beating and are badly bruised, especially in the evening/night?  It happens even with the lightest, most subtle blush color.  Of course, it all looks perfectly fine in CAS.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/GnatGoSplat/Sims/Screenshot-3.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/GnatGoSplat/Sims/Screenshot-6.jpg

In low light conditions, they also have a general creepiness with black black eyes, reddish tint skin, and light complected Sims are worse and get red and blotchy looking in certain lighting.  They also look creepy in the daytime with high contrast highlights, like the one on the left with the hat:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/GnatGoSplat/Sims/Screenshot-5.jpg

Is all that normal?  A bug?  Graphics card problems?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: 2009 May 26, 14:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal for makeup or more specifically, blush on the females, to look like they've taken a beating and are badly bruised, especially in the evening/night?
Isn't that how it works in real life?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: 2009 May 26, 15:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal for makeup or more specifically, blush on the females, to look like they've taken a beating and are badly bruised, especially in the evening/night?
Isn't that how it works in real life?

I wouldn't know about real life, I don't wear blush.  Not that I would admit anyway. Wink
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: 2009 May 26, 15:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mildly interesting tidbit that I picked up by accident - clicking on some negative moodlets will automatically queue up an appropriate action.  For instance, clicking on a hungry moodlet queued up a "prepare pancakes" action, while clicking on the grungy one added "take a bath". 

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Peggy_Leggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: 2009 May 26, 16:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm busy with work and haven't yet read the last 5 pages of this thread, so maybe someone already hit upon this opportunity, but I thought it was interesting.

I was moving a new character into a furnished Maxis house (The Monotone), when this popped up:

I chose to ignore it since I wanted to play out a specific scenario. I wonder to see how much of a mess would have been present had I accepted it.
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: 2009 May 26, 16:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup - yeah, that was offered to my sim too.

So the super-expensive top gem cut is the plumbob one?  That's pretty funny.

I think the plumbob cut is more like third or fourth in line. I got a marquis cut after that (looks a lot like the emerald cut) and a globe cut. This one looks really nice, especially with the rainbow gem, it seems to glow a bit, like a lamp. The globe cut is the most expensive in my list, about 200+ simoleons. Also, I don't think the cut options depend on the type of stone but rather on their amount, because the cut options appeared with costs of increasing amounts, last one being more expensive than the previous one. I could be wrong though.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: 2009 May 26, 16:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup - yeah, that was offered to my sim too.

So the super-expensive top gem cut is the plumbob one?  That's pretty funny.

I think the plumbob cut is more like third or fourth in line. I got a marquis cut after that (looks a lot like the emerald cut) and a globe cut. This one looks really nice, especially with the rainbow gem, it seems to glow a bit, like a lamp. The globe cut is the most expensive in my list, about 200+ simoleons. Also, I don't think the cut options depend on the type of stone but rather on their amount, because the cut options appeared with costs of increasing amounts, last one being more expensive than the previous one. I could be wrong though.

You are wrong.

The cuts have nothing to do with either the type of the stone being cut or the value of the stone. The more stones you send off to be cut the more options you get.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: 2009 May 26, 16:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I just said that, but apparently I did not.  Cheesy
EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: 2009 May 26, 16:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure if this is real or not but in my game, which I've played for 20+ hours with aging off, there have been no births. Would anyone else be able to try this out and see if turning aging off prohibits the growth of icky little fetii?

Additional Details: I didn't start with aging off, because I couldn't find the blasted thing, so the [whatever her name is who starts out preggo] had a kid, according to the newspaper. Since their birth, and more importantly since I turning off aging, no new births have been showing up in the newspaper. Now this could be a few things I guess: either the newspaper stopped reporting births; when aging off the newspaper stops reporting births; or births stop happening when aging is off... and the more unlikely one, somehow my game has been taken over by a nunnery. (though that wouldn't explain the lack of gay sex?... or does it?)
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: 2009 May 26, 16:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(though that wouldn't explain the lack of gay sex?... or does it?)

I can't speak to gay sex, but there is apparently autonomous gay marriage; two male Sims in my game are apparently very happily betrothed to each other.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: 2009 May 26, 17:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for TS3 causing babies to pop out of sims, why yes, that is part of the game. TS3 is, believe it or not, 1.5x greater than TS2.

And the part where Sims can now die off and/or move away for good when you don't play them? Unsurprisingly, this is a major DNW for some people, including myself. If I invest the time into creating a family, I don't want them to suddenly disappear three days later. That was sort of the point behind me creating them.

Something I've noticed (and I'm into my 2nd generation born in-game now):  The only families who seem to move out are ones where noone in my active family is friends with any member of the moving family.  Now, it could be just coincidence, but this is what I've observed.  If it were intentional, it would make sense.  If your family doesn't become interested in another family, the game moves it away and brings in someone new.

Also, someone earlier mentioned that they'd read of a new family moving in but couldn't find them.  I've observed that new families sometimes move in with old families.  The household retains the name of the original occupant(s), so it's not immediately obvious that that's where the new folks live.

I've enjoyed having the sisters of my current active Sim living their own lives, having babies, etc.  I invite them and their families over for parties; the sisters-in-law get together for lunch sometimes.  I need to take my toddler over to the house of the sister who has a toddler.  Maybe they can play with the dollhouse together or something.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention my observations.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: 2009 May 26, 17:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something I've noticed (and I'm into my 2nd generation born in-game now):  The only families who seem to move out are ones where noone in my active family is friends with any member of the moving family.  Now, it could be just coincidence, but this is what I've observed.  If it were intentional, it would make sense.  If your family doesn't become interested in another family, the game moves it away and brings in someone new.
This is intentional. However, it entirely ignores any OTHER fambly that might be friends with them. Only the CURRENT ACTIVE FAMBLY counts. Again, more Enforced Legacy-Style behavior. Oh, yeah, there's no way to turn Story Progression off for REAL. Sucks to be you.

Also, someone earlier mentioned that they'd read of a new family moving in but couldn't find them.  I've observed that new families sometimes move in with old families.  The household retains the name of the original occupant(s), so it's not immediately obvious that that's where the new folks live.
That is one of the Story Events: Random sim squats with existing Fambly. No explanation is given. Then the original sims may be killed off. You never get to see this. No explanation is given for that, either.

I've enjoyed having the sisters of my current active Sim living their own lives, having babies, etc.  I invite them and their families over for parties; the sisters-in-law get together for lunch sometimes.  I need to take my toddler over to the house of the sister who has a toddler.  Maybe they can play with the dollhouse together or something.
They don't really properly "have babies", either. They seem to engage in random parthenogenesis. It's creepy. But you enjoy it, so have fun with it. Death to Phillip

msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: 2009 May 26, 17:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm busy with work and haven't yet read the last 5 pages of this thread, so maybe someone already hit upon this opportunity, but I thought it was interesting.

I was moving a new character into a furnished Maxis house (The Monotone), when this popped up:

I chose to ignore it since I wanted to play out a specific scenario. I wonder to see how much of a mess would have been present had I accepted it.

A big one. I accepted it for my CAS sim. All the furniture has burned to piles of ash and the floors in every room were 'burned'.
However, the fireman came over and helped him clean the mess (like they do, ya know), and there were meteor bits
all over that were sellable.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: 2009 May 26, 17:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something I've noticed (and I'm into my 2nd generation born in-game now):  The only families who seem to move out are ones where noone in my active family is friends with any member of the moving family.  Now, it could be just coincidence, but this is what I've observed.  If it were intentional, it would make sense.  If your family doesn't become interested in another family, the game moves it away and brings in someone new.
This is intentional. However, it entirely ignores any OTHER fambly that might be friends with them. Only the CURRENT ACTIVE FAMBLY counts. Again, more Enforced Legacy-Style behavior. Oh, yeah, there's no way to turn Story Progression off for REAL. Sucks to be you.

Well, it's certainly an incentive to make and keep lots of friends :-)  Someone else was talking earlier about how there was no incentive, but there ya go.

I've enjoyed having the sisters of my current active Sim living their own lives, having babies, etc.  I invite them and their families over for parties; the sisters-in-law get together for lunch sometimes.  I need to take my toddler over to the house of the sister who has a toddler.  Maybe they can play with the dollhouse together or something.
They don't really properly "have babies", either. They seem to engage in random parthenogenesis. It's creepy. But you enjoy it, so have fun with it.

So my Sim's nephew isn't really the child of his sister and her husband?  The boy's a clone of his mom?  Hmm.  

Death to Phillip.

I love you, too :-)

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: 2009 May 26, 18:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So my Sim's nephew isn't really the child of his sister and her husband?  The boy's a clone of his mom?  Hmm.
It could be anything. No one knows for certain. I've seen sims that manage to produce babies seemingly by parthenogenesis. Others seem to accomplish it by apparent Alien Abduction, as they don't even KNOW the sim that is allegedly the father. It's really just a wonky system.

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1396 on: 2009 May 26, 18:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the first expansion will likely focus on Jobs and Occupations.
MOAR jobs & following sims to their jobs would be fun. Tongue

Corner counters: no longer a complete waste of space!
Probably one of the best featuers in the game. When I saw a sim actually using the corner to prep food, I was like HOLY CRAP! Cheesy

We REALLY need more instruments. (I hope there will at least be a PIANO in the "final" version) Especially something that children can play. Tongue

Why isn't there a perk or whatever you call it that is a NEVER SLEEP? My sims seem to need to sleep TOO MUCH. I don't like this, and I hate having to cheat em up.

Quote from: lorelei
I was relieved to see that there was no counterpart to "dislikes children"...if there was a "broody" or "clown car" trait, imagine how much worse the rampant ensproggening going on would be! Egads.
There is. It's called "family-oriented" Wink

Has anyone had a ghost baby yet?

I already had a saved game become corrupted and lose all data, after my computer crashed (nothing to do with TS3 either!). Lost my fatties. how annoying. Sure, they're still in the sim bin and I could always place them again, but I was workin up a good story. FFS!

Anyone know where made sims are kept in the files? I mean the ones that I made that are shoved into the lot bin for all time. Where are those kept? I suppose I could just package them in case of needing to reinstall if the L&P is indeed true. Tongue Nevermind. XD

I love how the sky is a sphere (anyone else notice this?) and the stars, sun and moon all rise and set. Cheesy

Pardon me if any of this has been mentioned. I'm catching up on what I missed over the weekend. So far I'm up to page 40.
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: 2009 May 26, 18:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she managed to walk it off. That's what you normally do.

Not me; I normally use contraception.  It does wonders for preventing morning sickness.

diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: 2009 May 26, 18:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had a ghost baby yet?

i had a baby with a ghost, but it was a normal human.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: 2009 May 26, 18:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just me, or Pes is more nervous and irritable since TS3?  Grin *giggles*

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: