More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:15:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1118603 times)
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1300 on: 2009 May 26, 02:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, I've had one CAS family "move", but that was likely by the game's logic, I plopped them and never actually played them. My sister, however, had two families just be completely deleted on a neighborhood load that were made on the laptop and brought over via sharing. Sims 3: When we delete your famblies, it's not a bug, it's a feature!
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: 2009 May 26, 02:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They probably "moved."

I thought so at first, but their friends would still remember them. I tried to find them on the map, but with 100 icons floating around and no sense of direction, I couldn't find them if they were there anyways.

Maybe they couldn't pay rent and got evicted... but if that's the case, I guess they don't get moved back to the clipboard, they get removed entirely.

The garden they planted is still there, so I know I didn't just revert back to an old save or something.
VeilSethekk
Horrible Halfwit

Nothing less.

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 2009 May 26, 02:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I found another bug just now. That Elder woman who I said ate the Ambrosia dish and had her age bar reset back to the beginning of the Elder stage apparently died, presumably of old age. I assume that is so because she did the same actions that my other sims did when they died of old age, she wasn't starving to death, and no fires were in sight.

So I guess either the Ambrosia food isn't working as intended, or maybe the Elder age bar isn't an all-tell-tale sign of when he/she will die.

Yes, there's nothing else to see here.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: 2009 May 26, 02:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the Amrosia dish was badly prepared (can it be?) and had the negative affect instead ala low aspiration elixir of life?
bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 2009 May 26, 02:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is the jealousy???  Why can the husband hug and kiss  his girlfriend in front of his spouse and she does not react?  WTF???  

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.
VeilSethekk
Horrible Halfwit

Nothing less.

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: 2009 May 26, 02:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the Amrosia dish was badly prepared (can it be?) and had the negative affect instead ala low aspiration elixir of life?

I don't think so, since she also had a 7-day long positive moodlet for eating something divine, which I assume was the Ambrosia dish. The person that prepared it had the Natural Cook trait, which allows them to never prepare ruined food, I believe.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: 2009 May 26, 02:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Natural cooks can prepare bad food.  I had a Sim prepare ambrosia and when it was done it was normal quality.  Once she "kicked it up a notch" it went to perfect.  Maybe it has to be of good quality before it'll work to reset their ages?
Deadclown
Asinine Airhead

RESIDENT PSYCHO

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: 2009 May 26, 02:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading about the Razor 1911 version, I'm currently getting it as I type. Has anyone confirmed any difference between the Reloaded and Razor versions?

Anyway, I like this game so far, it's not too bad seeing as I usually only play as one family. I've noticed that once you buy a business and rename it, it reverts back to it's original name when you choose the "visit community lot" option.

EDIT: NVM I saw the Reloaded VS. Razor thread soon after posting
Also sorry about the sig....
« Last Edit: 2009 May 26, 02:48:37 by Deadclown » Logged

The doc fixed your arteries! That's ka-blamo!
your mouthwash is gargly! That's ka-blamo!
your water is watery! That's ka-blamo!
I majored in pottery! NOT KABLAMO.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: 2009 May 26, 02:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude. Get rid of that obnoxious signature picture.

JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 2009 May 26, 02:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So.... I've been lurking, just had to register to rant on this shit.

I created a couple sims and moved them into the Alto house (which was empty because they died off.)

Built their relationship, married them, maxed them out in 4 skills each (took freaking hours), planted a garden, made them a bunch of friends, got them jobs, knocked up the chick to start their family.

Then I switched families to get Mortimer Goth to lose some weight because everyone is a fatass.

A few hours later, i go to switch back. Surprise! They're gone. Nobody lives in the Alto house. None of their friends remember they existed.
Gotta love that "Feature" did you have Story BS turned off or on? not that it seems to make a shit of diff anyways.

It's turned on. But what story item could just delete people entirely? I have Roberta Ursine's fat decrepit ass hanging on for 200+ days, but I can't leave a couple of young adults with 100 grand alone for an hour or they off themselves?
That is the beauty of EAxies and their wonderful features, I would like to hope that the new version, and patch fixes these issues, I spose its one thing to bare in mind that as this was a pre-offical release of the later version of TS3, they might have fixed up these issues, based on testing. Or... it could be something that gets fixed up in Patch #2 or 3.. that will be released no doubt a day after its release... who knows. Do EA even know? Lulz!

Smile.
VeilSethekk
Horrible Halfwit

Nothing less.

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: 2009 May 26, 02:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Natural cooks can prepare bad food.  I had a Sim prepare ambrosia and when it was done it was normal quality.  Once she "kicked it up a notch" it went to perfect.  Maybe it has to be of good quality before it'll work to reset their ages?

I don't think the quality of the food was the problem. The age bar got reset, along with a message saying that her Elder lifespawn was increased/reset, only to die from old age (assumingly) a few days later.

And by the way, has anyone had Elders die of old age before their age bars got to full?

JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: 2009 May 26, 02:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And by the way, has anyone had Elders die of old age before their age bars got to full?
I was trying to make one die last night... (before my game crashed, and lost 4hours) but i noticed that his bar was about 1/4 from the end.. and about 2 days later he died of old age.. wasnt paying much attention to him after i checked that.. but could possibly be something that when they die.. it just hits the end? Seeing my game crashed.. he will have to die again. I can have a look.. but im sure by then some one else will have given more evidence in the 'Case Of The Elders Bar Ending"

Smile.
BeautyWitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: 2009 May 26, 02:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really warming up to this game. I even accepted my first opportunity, and, even though I hate mini games, it really wasn't so bad. Gave me a little break from regular game play. I love the town more than anything, and I especially like to make my Sim go jogging at night. The town looks so beautiful under all those stars:

Questions: When you set up 3 different outfits for each category, is your Sim suppose to automatically cycle them or do I have to direct her to change every single time?

2) How the hell are you guys juggling work, social life and collecting?  Huh Jobs are so much harder. I'm not use to my Sims being so poor. And to top it off, she's always so busy with work related stuff that she's already gone through an entire life stage without making friends! She's about to be old and she's still a virgin, lol. So, how are you guys doing this? Skipping work, maybe?
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: 2009 May 26, 03:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When at work, select "Meet Coworkers" and when all coworkers are met, try "Chat with Coworkers". Every job has these options, though they're named differently. You will still get job performance, just not as much as "Work Hard". This is actually a very, very nice feature I've found. Relationships at work rise slowly, but at least you're doing something useful at work. Obviously you only make friends with people who work at your place, though. You can probably get at least 3 friends this way, not to mention befriending the boss.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: 2009 May 26, 03:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Questions: When you set up 3 different outfits for each category, is your Sim suppose to automatically cycle them or do I have to direct her to change every single time?

2) How the hell are you guys juggling work, social life and collecting?  Huh Jobs are so much harder. I'm not use to my Sims being so poor. And to top it off, she's always so busy with work related stuff that she's already gone through an entire life stage without making friends! She's about to be old and she's still a virgin, lol. So, how are you guys doing this? Skipping work, maybe?
1) Not sure
2) Im playing it on epic.. so i dont have to worry to much about doing it all at once... i found that getting them to the top job first... and build up the money. and having them quit to then move onto collecting and socializing was the way to go.. and having my sims also "talk at water cooler" was another way to make friends.. granted they are work friends.. but still adding them to the friends list

I have a question... when a teen is at skool and meets friends... and becomes good friends etc.. with this silly storymode turned on.. (play epic) would these sims from skool grow up in time with my teens? allowing them to later on possibly have these friends turn into lovers. or whats the go there? still borked in that regard?

Smile.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1315 on: 2009 May 26, 03:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone is willing to be a tester, I have a sim, 2 textures for walls and a counter recolour available on my forum. Please report any feedback about these on Sublime.
http://sublimesimsforum.net/smf/index.php?topic=1485.0

charlsye
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: 2009 May 26, 03:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the NPCs off-limits?  The only decent looking townie I've found is a repair(wo)man and despite having the "extremely irresistible" message, there's no option to ask her to go steady or get engaged or anything?  Both are single.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: 2009 May 26, 03:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the NPCs off-limits?  The only decent looking townie I've found is a repair(wo)man and despite having the "extremely irresistible" message, there's no option to ask her to go steady or get engaged or anything?  Both are single.
Are they in the same boat as Maids? if so.. i have been tapping a maid and had no problems.. I did find with even normal sims though.. the options to go stedy and what not came up based on relationship and mood type of stuff.. could this be the same case?

Smile.
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: 2009 May 26, 04:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't say I didn't want to touch that scripting per se, but I do have a strong feeling that I don't want to reengage in the hassle I had in sims 2 where virtually everything either of us made clashed with something the other made and I constantly had to field support questions about compatibility.  I can see myself sticking to standalone hacked objects, if I do anything at all.  Maybe it is possible to make a permanent recipe book as an alternative to the disappearing ones.

Is TS2 modding over?  My biggest fear is you modders will lose interest in TS2 now, like so many did with TS1 (understandably, mind you), and in time there'll be no more beautiful shinies to add to my game *sigh*

"Chaos, panic, disorder; my work here is done."
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 2009 May 26, 04:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should anyone still be having issues with the Traits when a sim ages up, restart the game, testingcheatsenabled on, shift click modify traits. If you just modify traits without restarting, it'll continue to dump the "extra" ones you've earned.

What, really? So if you go from teen to adult, and then use the cheat, you'll only have 4 traits to change?

Is there any way in Sims 3 to get the sims to cover their damn bellies other than resorting to maternity wear?

My female sims usually wear full outfits, so that usually does it. When they don't, it's still usually a jacket sort of thing.

And can I say that the conductor outfit is great? A female in a tailcoat? Awesome.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: 2009 May 26, 04:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My collectors/farmers/writers/painters are not in careers. At the most, they might get a part time job just for a bit. I also don't focus on making friends as there is no real reason to maintain friendships. You only need the one romance for procreation. Friends are rarely needed for opportunities or jobs, in which case you can pretty much get the friendship, get credit for it, and then let it decay.

Right now, I'm playing the first born of the six sons of Rootie and Christopher (since both Rootie and Christopher had met their LTW and under current game design there can only be one household). Billie Blair is writing for his monetary goal, while his wife is working towards being a Rock God. They take their days off to spend at the park (him usually with laptop in tow and her with her guitar) or visiting the folks. Finding that after three days, mom is now an elder and the brothers are growing up is really jolting.

Is anyone else having issues with marriages and naming? I had Hilda Wainwright propose engagement and move-in to Billie since the Blair household had 8 members. Then had them move out on their own, making sure that the new household's last name was Blair. I had Billie propose the actual marriage, but they both took the Wainwright name. It's been fixed now, thanks to city hall. But under either traditional marriage rules or ye olde one-who-initiates-marriage-keeps-their-name rules, the last name should have been Blair.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: 2009 May 26, 04:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone is willing to be a tester, I have a sim, 2 textures for walls and a counter recolour available on my forum. Please report any feedback about these on Sublime.

they do indeed work.

http://i44.tinypic.com/23m9at.jpg
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: 2009 May 26, 04:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they do indeed work.

Alright, I've just got to ask this, even though I'm probably missing something blatantly obvious: where did you put the files when you downloaded them?

Nevermind, I figured it out.

I sing along with elevator music.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: 2009 May 26, 04:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind, I figured it out.
Hhaha, I hit quote.. it loads up and i see this above.. and then i was like.. what the? I was just about to post the link.. but i may aswell, to save others asking if they are unsure...
http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3ToolsForum/index.php?topic=24.0
Being at work.. its the only time i get to sit on the forums, because I cant play sims at work, would looks rather suss, haha. the beauty of working in IT.

Smile.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: 2009 May 26, 04:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they do indeed work.

Alright, I've just got to ask this, even though I'm probably missing something blatantly obvious: where did you put the files when you downloaded them?

i went through a lot of trial and error. first thing i did was the steps on the sims3tools forum to get custom packages to work. then i put one of her packages in program files/sims3/mods/packages and double clicked it. it seemed like it just installed to the default my documents download folder, but whatever... the texture showed up in the 'create a style' thing.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: