More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 13:40:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1118591 times)
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1250 on: 2009 May 25, 17:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA:  jolrei, if you don't like a Sim's wish, just right-click it and it goes away.  It (probably) won't come back unless it's associated with a trait or lifetime wish of the Sim.  Also, one of my Sims had been staying home a lot after retirement, and he got a wish to get out of the house because he was feeling stir-crazy ;-)  I sent him to the library.  He was a bookworm and loved hanging out there.

If I don't like a Sim's wish I Ctrl+ left click it.. Tongue

Why use a key + a click, when you can just use a click, noob?  Fail.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 2009 May 25, 17:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone else has seen the IGN article but they have several screenshots of the TS3 store and I had to come and make sure I have my equation correct.

OK for anyone who knows: the $10 worth of points given to those that pre-order or some other shit is how many points? Some places are saying 100 points and some saying 1000.

Some of the sets are ridiculous and could have just been put in the base game. I mean c'mon we're going to arrrrr the shit out of the stuff any way but make it where some people would feel bad enough and pay for it.

It has been confirmed by EAxis that 100 points is worth $1.  The $10 worth of points we're getting is then 1000 points.  Also, prices have been confirmed by third parties to run between 25 points ($0.25) and 2000 points ($20).  Even those these 2000-point purchases are generally packages of items, they still have considerably fewer than one would find in a TS2 SP of the same price (50ish compared to hundreds, usually).

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: 2009 May 25, 18:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone else has seen the IGN article but they have several screenshots of the TS3 store and I had to come and make sure I have my equation correct.

OK for anyone who knows: the $10 worth of points given to those that pre-order or some other shit is how many points? Some places are saying 100 points and some saying 1000.

Some of the sets are ridiculous and could have just been put in the base game. I mean c'mon we're going to arrrrr the shit out of the stuff any way but make it where some people would feel bad enough and pay for it.

It has been confirmed by EAxis that 100 points is worth $1.  The $10 worth of points we're getting is then 1000 points.  Also, prices have been confirmed by third parties to run between 25 points ($0.25) and 2000 points ($20).  Even those these 2000-point purchases are generally packages of items, they still have considerably fewer than one would find in a TS2 SP of the same price (50ish compared to hundreds, usually).

Thanks for clearing that up. still greedy and made to phail to but a little more digestible. I also found more screenshots, this time of the hairstyles, 'cause I simply hate the lack of decent hair styles across the board. These are a little better.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: 2009 May 25, 18:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Zaza already posted pix of her Rainbow Brite-headed boy Sim.
Nathan inherited his mom's hair color completely, so it's not exactly the same case. It seems they inherit one parent's haircolor...complete haircolor. There is no blending.

Wishes and moodlets are both clever.
They are, but pointless moodlets are pointless. Had a Good Night's Sleep is valid for hours, yet has no effect.

Cars are a step WAY down from TS2. I don't know why they bothered. Often, my Sims will not even bother to use their cars when they are setting off from home. I got two Sims two cars, and they walked or hailed taxis anyway.
You can pause game and change the transportation method. However, this still fails. I should be able to set default transportation method. I should not have a carpool honking for an hour outside a house when the worker was already downtown and is already at work.

Townies on you that you cannot easily burninate, drowninate, or mutilate (many of which will call your Sims with whiny "WRY U NO CALL MEH? U BAD FWEND!" messages if you don't waste time dealing with thier F-liness all the time).
Friends barely ever call at all, and have become basically useless. My sims only befriend future mates, or those they are required to for opportunities. As soon as the opportunity is turned in, there is no reason not to let the relationship decay.

That's what I was afraid of. So, no point in playing and making stuff if it won't work in the "final" release. I guess I'll wait a bit with the obligatory legacy founding Smiley
Eh, you can save sims, which should transfer, since they carry no real baggage. Lots...perhaps. It's worth a try. But I wouldn't try transferring an entire game save.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
BeautyWitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: 2009 May 25, 18:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real question is, which one were you aiming for - a pussycat doll or a bratz doll?

Neither  Undecided I used one of my pics. That's the best I could do without looking like a bobble head.

What the heck is  Batz doll anyways? I know who the pussycat dolls are...

ETA: never mind, I googled it. Lol they look an awful lot like the new sims.  Um, maybe that's where EAXIS got the idea from.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 25, 18:40:53 by BeautyWitch » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: 2009 May 25, 18:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Friends barely ever call at all, and have become basically useless. My sims only befriend future mates, or those they are required to for opportunities. As soon as the opportunity is turned in, there is no reason not to let the relationship decay.

In fact, it is much easier in TS3, it seems, to make enemies.  No more of the hours of macro-socialize-unfriendly.  A few well selected negative interactions and you have your target nicely in the red and ready for FIGHT!
« Last Edit: 2009 May 25, 18:39:08 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: 2009 May 25, 18:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last question before going back to game. Is it possible for them to do yoga? I have tried everything I can think of but no Yoga even with athletic traits and no go. I do remember seeing it in the videos and stuff but we know that's not always a true indicator.

literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: 2009 May 25, 18:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for clearing that up. still greedy and made to phail to but a little more digestible. I also found more screenshots, this time of the hairstyles, 'cause I simply hate the lack of decent hair styles across the board. These are a little better.

Try having a white girl afro.  Oh curly hair, where art thou?  This is the one thing the sheeples and I agree on -- not only can my selfsim not find appropriate hair ingame, she can't even buy it at Rip Offs R Us.  Grr.

Why use a key + a click, when you can just use a click, noob?  Fail.

Unless you're playing on a MacBook(Pro) without a mouse.  In which case, buy a mouse.  Your wrist will thank you.

SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: 2009 May 25, 18:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering the pudding-y faces are so hard to extinctify i was quite happy with how my sim turned out  Smiley

~Jenni~
malianx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: 2009 May 25, 18:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play on my macbook when I'm out & about, I don't mind the command + drag to rotate. I am glad they added better camera control to the ui buttons though.

jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: 2009 May 25, 18:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL at that. The hairs for "meant" for the us Black people are hilarious especially the braids for men, they made my whole family P&L and the short hair cuts ugghhh can we say hair club for men circa the mid 80's.

I am also pissed because that purple dress the girl wears with boots that I really wanted is actually a top which means you have to wear pant or shorts with it which mess up the look. I wonder if we could make just panties an option for the everyday section. I did find some screenies of some really cute clothes in with the ign stuff.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: 2009 May 25, 18:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering the pudding-y faces are so hard to extinctify i was quite happy with how my sim turned out  Smiley

<image snipped>

Yeah, I'd be happy with that.  I created a decent looking male sim, but forgot to check what the female analogue looked like.  Probably will end up with horrble spawn, especially considering the lack of any attractive potential mates for him in my game.  It HURTS!

Tribulatio proxima est
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1262 on: 2009 May 25, 18:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way in Sims 3 to get the sims to cover their damn bellies other than resorting to maternity wear?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
malianx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: 2009 May 25, 18:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'd be happy with that.  I created a decent looking male sim, but forgot to check what the female analogue looked like.  Probably will end up with horrble spawn, especially considering the lack of any attractive potential mates for him in my game.  It HURTS!

Do what I did, go to the 'edit town' mode, and make him a suitable mate. In my case, bright blue.

jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: 2009 May 25, 18:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some several tucked in shirts and jackets and the lack, but yeah we may need HP's modesty set.

BeautyWitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: 2009 May 25, 18:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's very pretty SimplyComplex. How did you manage not to get the horrible double chin?
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: 2009 May 25, 18:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.rlslog.net/the-sims-3-razor1911/

No idea whether it's for real, but there it is for those who care.

Thanks for the heads up. I've got the razor1911 download started, will report back. My game is crashing a little more frequently than I'd like still.

And if I can actually get this posted this time:

I have some books that cannot be read by either adult or children (not toddlers). Questions:

1) Can toddlers read some books?

2) Is there any way adults can read to toddlers or children?

3) Can anyone try to have their child (not toddler) try to read either the Seussian titles or the Harry Potteresque series and let me know if it works?

Basically I can't get my sim kid to read anything but the logic books.
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: 2009 May 25, 18:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! I don't actually know how she didnt end up with a double chin actually, i made her before i even came on this site and so was a bit like 'eh?' when people were saying about double chin problems. I can only put it down to luck!

~Jenni~
snowluv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: 2009 May 25, 18:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I read about the new game-play in this game, the less I like it.  The fact that your Sim can easily fall in love with another Sim makes little to no sense.  The new social interactions sound cool, as well as the open neighborhood. The traits are different and needed. But this whole neighborhood continuing without any direction or input from the player leaves me cold, cold cold.  And the fact that the player can make only one family and play just that one family is just plain retarded. Oh, I know we can make all the new Sims we like, but if they are left to their own devices they can do any damn thing they want. How does that help the people who like to do stories?  I thought Sims 3 was supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced cheese for the story tellers? Doesn't sound that way to me.

And the whole thing about Sim famblies just moving away and random Sims merging into existing famblies is dumb. I am wondering if this will be different in the new neighborhood that will be available after the release? Is Sunset Valley a learning tool?  Is that why Story Progression can't be turned off?  Will the new hood be empty of EA Sims so that we can make our own and play them as we see fit?  Soo many questions, and too few answers. Universal aging off was supposed to be available, not set to just one lot.  At least that's what I understood, and I could be wrong in the way I interpreted Mr. Bell's statement about that.

I guess the old 'wait and see' attitude is still with me on The Sims 3.  If I want to play a goal-orientated game, I'll play Tomb Raider or WOW. I want an open-ended game that I can take in any direction I want. I want the freedom of being able to keep playing all the members of a fambly even after they have left home and are on their own.  I probably missed this somehwere... but can aging be turned off on each lot?  If this is the case, then the only way to stop Story Progression completely for the entire neighborhood is to turn the aging off in every lot?

It seems to me as if EA has erased the very things that made The Sims  so popular in the first place.  Player control.
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: 2009 May 25, 18:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL at that. The hairs for "meant" for the us Black people are hilarious especially the braids for men, they made my whole family P&L and the short hair cuts ugghhh can we say hair club for men circa the mid 80's.

No kidding -- I showed my best friend some of the options and was instructed to give her the slightly-less-horrifying "white" hair.

timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: 2009 May 25, 19:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or do TS3 default eyes look like Sarhra's Maxis match eyes, sans sclera? And fuglier?

ETA:

I see a definite resemblance, TS3's are just less shiny/defined/more subtle. (thanks for the comparison example, SimplyComplex.)
« Last Edit: 2009 May 25, 19:36:02 by timelycorruption » Logged

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
inthecorner
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: 2009 May 25, 19:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey does anyone know when the gender is determined for a baby?..is it at birth?..or when the mother starts showing?

cause i had twins girls, but the game crashed before i can save, so had to play it again, and saved it before she had the babies, but now i keep getting twin boys instead. =(

my caplocks button doesn't work.
and my shift button won't capitalise my letters.

okay?
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: 2009 May 25, 19:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey does anyone know when the gender is determined for a baby?..is it at birth?..or when the mother starts showing?

cause i had twins girls, but the game crashed before i can save, so had to play it again, and saved it before she had the babies, but now i keep getting twin boys instead. =(

Did you have to get her pregnant again, or had you saved afterward? I know that in TS2, gender was determined at birth.

inthecorner
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: 2009 May 25, 19:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you have to get her pregnant again, or had you saved afterward? I know that in TS2, gender was determined at birth.

no it was the same pregnancy,  it's saved in the morning, and that same night she goes in to labor. i've loaded it 3 times and all times they have been boys, so idk if am getting really bad odds or the gender has  already been determined.  Huh

my caplocks button doesn't work.
and my shift button won't capitalise my letters.

okay?
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: 2009 May 25, 19:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no it was the same pregnancy,  it's saved in the morning, and that same night she goes in to labor. i've loaded it 3 times and all times they have been boys, so idk if am getting really bad odds or the gender has  already been determined.  Huh

Bad odds, methinks, if it's the same pregnancy and you've gotten two different genders.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: