More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:23:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1118803 times)
Peggy_Leggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1150 on: 2009 May 25, 00:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are mine, if you'd like to look at more screenies.

Those countertops are seriously rocking my world.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1151 on: 2009 May 25, 00:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you "Donate money to undermine a charity"?  My Evil sim rolled that wish, but I don't know how to even start fulfilling it.  Is it a random event, or something?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 2009 May 25, 00:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is anything like the "Good" trait's option to donate to charities, then you click your mailbox and it should have some donation options. Otherwise, I dunno!
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: 2009 May 25, 00:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers for those Zazazu. Interesting viewing for those of us still lacking in TS3.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing them. Are the Sims in your pics yours or pre-mades. If they are yours, you did a very good job. I am thinking I will get used to the new look. But we really, really, need new hairs and make up.  Cheesy

Those are my Sims, except for the guy in the bed on the left, this one and these two. Yeah, being able to make your own tends to result in nicer looking Sims than what we've seen.

Still don't enjoy them that much, but they're not as bad as I feared they would be.

Those countertops are seriously rocking my world.

Thanks. CAST is rocking my world. I never thought I'd use it. But I do, all the time. I used to worry that EAxis would include fewer meshes because they thought "Well you can just recolour the same ones so they won't get tired". I was pretty annoyed they would do that, and I think they did include fewer meshes, but, ahem... they were sort of right...  Embarrassed.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 2009 May 25, 00:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite, seemingly insignificant thing so far is the 'no auto handrail' option on stairs. Any handrail can go with any stair=pretty cool.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: 2009 May 25, 01:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It'd be even cooler if we could texture those. It's an odd choice not to include that feature.

Has anyone checked the library after having a book written? I just had my bookworm hit the library for some new books to read, and found her son's first novel "The Secret Life of a Degenerate Path".

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 2009 May 25, 01:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, no. Will have to have my writer sim make a vanity visit.

It's kind of awesome that the bathtubs have surfaces where you can place candles/bubble bath/rubber duckies. (Ducksworth of Bathington, heh. I approve.)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1157 on: 2009 May 25, 01:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed the writer sim's books showing up in the library, however they don't seem to show up in the bookstore.  Maybe it's because my sim already owns them and it wouldn't make sense to buy more copies?  Or because the game can't figure out how to price them?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 2009 May 25, 01:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim was level 3 in the science career and one day he got offered a job at the same level but in the medical field. I think that's a pretty cool feature.
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: 2009 May 25, 01:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that you can sit on the edge of the bathtub. I had created a John Connor Sim out of boredom (Terminator was on at the time) and I put him in a house and didn't supply any new furniture, to keep it as desolate as I could, and when he made himself a sad little PB&J sandwich he went and sat on the edge of his tub and I thought it really fit with a sad image of someone who can't even afford a table.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 2009 May 25, 01:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neat tip - apparently, you can age a sim at -any- time.  Just put down a cake and have them blow out the candles. 

Thought I'd mention that this works for any Sim on the lot.  When my twin teens became YAs, one of their boyfriends was a YA already and one was still in high school.  I wasn't sure how long the one in high school would take to age naturally, so I put a cake down for him and had him blow out the candles too.  Just have any active Sim click on the cake, and a dropdown list with everyone on the lot except elders should show up.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: 2009 May 25, 01:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it impossible to put items in a Sim's inventory? They put things in their own, but can you no longer put, say, a sofa in their inventory? If so HOW?!
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 2009 May 25, 01:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you "Donate money to undermine a charity"?  My Evil sim rolled that wish, but I don't know how to even start fulfilling it.  Is it a random event, or something?

It's done through the mailbox. 
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 2009 May 25, 01:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hahahahahaha

One of the townies is named "Gobias Koffi"--and he's a nevernude that looks just like Tobias Funke. That's awesome.
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 2009 May 25, 01:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hahahahahaha

One of the townies is named "Gobias Koffi"--and he's a nevernude that looks just like Tobias Funke. That's awesome.

Gobias some coffee.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: 2009 May 25, 01:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it impossible to put items in a Sim's inventory? They put things in their own, but can you no longer put, say, a sofa in their inventory? If so HOW?!

Well, you can drag stuff into their inventory, but if it doesn't fit, you can put it into the family inventory.  That's done in buy mode, and right underneath the sort items by room and function, there's a box.  That's the family inventory.

In other news, it sucks that the Death Flower plant goes barren after two harvests, but I guess you can always replace it.  I actually do like that the other plants and trees go barren after a few harvests so you can replace them with better quality plants.

Also, where is the money tree seed found?  Anyone know?
alli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 2009 May 25, 01:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you recolor everything with the color wheel? Not just in CAS but in actual playing? (I'm sure thats stupid, but I'm wondering about the logistics of how it works) Any chance of a screen shot or something?

My computer won't be able to run the game at all, so I'm living through y'all right now! At least until I can justify the cost for a new rig. Which will be a while.
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: 2009 May 25, 01:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hahahahahaha

He's a playable, and he's gay (btw, is there any sexual preference at all?). There's also a Funke family in the bin.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 2009 May 25, 01:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's a playable, and he's gay (btw, is there any sexual preference at all?). There's also a Funke family in the bin.
As far as I can tell, there is no attribute for this. In TS2, there was an attribute, but it did nothing out of the box. I have not found such an attribute in TS3.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: 2009 May 25, 01:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you can drag stuff into their inventory, but if it doesn't fit, you can put it into the family inventory.  That's done in buy mode, and right underneath the sort items by room and function, there's a box.  That's the family inventory.

In other news, it sucks that the Death Flower plant goes barren after two harvests, but I guess you can always replace it.  I actually do like that the other plants and trees go barren after a few harvests so you can replace them with better quality plants.

Also, where is the money tree seed found?  Anyone know?

I must be pretty dense, but how the hell do you drag anything into their inventory? The only way I can move a sofa around is if I'm in buy or build, and if I'm in either of these modes, the inventory is stuck in the live mode UI and thus inaccessible.

What am I missing ?
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: 2009 May 25, 02:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you recolor everything with the color wheel? Not just in CAS but in actual playing? (I'm sure thats stupid, but I'm wondering about the logistics of how it works) Any chance of a screen shot or something?

Everything but stairs and fences.  Check out YouTube -- it has some videos showing this off.  One you may enjoy is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_28g9uProQc

When checking out Sims 3 videos on YouTube or Google Video, be sure to sort by date -- older ones will usually have been removed for "copyright reasons".

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
DaBuschckah
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: 2009 May 25, 02:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hahahahahaha

YES. When I heard there was going to be a Nevernude trait, I had hoped to make me a Tobias...EA gains points in my book just for this. Cheesy

DaBuschckah is a really stupid name and its really hard to spell. So don't bother. Call me Liz :3

Find me here!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: 2009 May 25, 02:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be pretty dense, but how the hell do you drag anything into their inventory? The only way I can move a sofa around is if I'm in buy or build, and if I'm in either of these modes, the inventory is stuck in the live mode UI and thus inaccessible.

What am I missing ?

Switch to the inventory tab in live mode, and then just hover over the item in live mode, left-click and hold down the button and drag it to the inventory window.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1173 on: 2009 May 25, 02:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything but stairs and fences.  Check out YouTube -- it has some videos showing this off.  One you may enjoy is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_28g9uProQc

When checking out Sims 3 videos on YouTube or Google Video, be sure to sort by date -- older ones will usually have been removed for "copyright reasons".

I think the mood candle can't be recolored either.  At least I can't get it to.  I think there are a couple of other small things, too.

And I see that the game crashing after enabling the testing cheats is still a staple.  Trying to age my toddler (because the damn cake doesn't want to age him) resulted in a crash to desktop.  Sadly, my sim had just had the baby girl she wanted, so now I get to go through labor all over again.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
alli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: 2009 May 25, 02:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the youtube link. Looks like a blast. Finally being able to have matching wood grains! About friggin' time.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: