More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:07:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1118780 times)
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1025 on: 2009 May 24, 06:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious to know if there are options to package Sims or lots to share them like there is in TS2.  Does it look like that's possible, or is the game set up to only share textures?  And is there a way to clone born-in-game Sims?

If the answer to those is no, then they've REALLY made it impossible for storytellers.
I've found a good way to be able to get any most any sim into CAS. Send them to a dresser or a mirror to plan outfit or change appearance. You should see your sim's portrait at the bottom. If you click the "..." and do "save sim", it will put that sim into the pre-mades in CAS. Which is the button in the bottom-left with the silhouettes of sim heads.

Took me a while to figure this out; I wanted to fix a sim with an irritating voice and had to find a way to get her back in CAS.
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: 2009 May 24, 06:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if any one here knows about this yet:

Someone pointed me to this. EA has generated a patch for the release game already.

The release version number is 1.0.631.00107, and the patch is designed to update this to 1.0.632.00107.

The pirated version is 1.0.615.00107, proving it is an old prerelease version.

And this link: http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku7_update_manifest.xml
DJKID
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1027 on: 2009 May 24, 06:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if anyone else is as irritated as I am with how ridiculously complicated it is to merge fresh families. As in, making a family and then deciding later that I wanted to move in a long lost lover, relative, or what-have-you. For some reason, I also did not have the option to pack my stuff while combing the households, do I have to buy moving boxes or something?
In TS2, I moved out and merged sims left and right, trying to keep my households fresh and enjoyable. This is an irritating step back for me.

Also, I'm a little concerned about the "Copy To Town" option. It seems to be available for sims I already have placed down. Would this create a highly unwanted townie clone of that sim? It smells like a VBT.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 24, 09:16:13 by DJKID » Logged

"Please proceed into Android Hell."
zceepy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: 2009 May 24, 07:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how to delete all the sims in the town? Bar say 1 or 2,
Or will they respawn? thought I could do an "I am legend sim "senario....
Also I have read of a cheat called "fisheye" (which doesn't work) supposed to enable you to see through your sims eyes viewpoint,which would be cool driving around in a car!

Simples. All townies have houses so go into edit town, evict everyone then delete them. To halt respawnage delete all their houses. NPCs should remain though. Them and work friends I think. I've just created a clean town this way (no houses, community/work lots remaining). If anyone can give me a clue as to what files I would need to upload to share clean town (is it just the save file?) I would happily upload to save everyone the bother of going through and deleting.
teaislovely
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 2009 May 24, 08:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! I've been lurking a while but thought I would finally register.

I've been playing about 4 days now and I'm quite enjoying it, well I was until I sent a sim out to collect a gemstone and decided to save it as he was on the way. As soon as I hit save it crashed to the desktop. I dutifully restarted (its crashed a few times) but the save game isn't coming up in the main menu bit anymore (my other saved games are though!). I can see it in the "Saves" folder but the game has decided its not worth playing I suppose.

I noticed something that I hope wasnt' just a coincidence with that family, the dad was a slob and messed the whole house up (and didn't do a very good job of looking after his son). When the son grew up I didn't get to choose his trait and he was given "neat". I wonder if thats a result of the slobbishness he was forced to endure?

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1030 on: 2009 May 24, 08:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am glad to see you like tea Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: 2009 May 24, 08:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if anyone else is as irritated as I am with how ridiculously complicated it is to merge fresh families. As in, making a family and then deciding later that I wanted to more in a long lost lover, relative, or what-have-you. For some reason, I also did not have the option to pack my stuff while combing the households, do I have to buy moving boxes or something?
In TS2, I moved out and merged sims left and right, trying to keep my households fresh and enjoyable. This is an irritating step back for me.

Also, I'm a little concerned about the "Copy To Town" option. It seems to be available for sims I already have placed down. Would this create a highly unwanted townie clone of that sim? It smells like a VBT.

To pack your items, go into Buy mode and click the third button in the Choose by Room/Choose by Type/Family Inventory (the box) column. That is your fambly inventory; if your entire fambly moves, that goes with it. Just use the Hand tool to pick up object and drop them in!

To merge/split households, you have to enter Edit Town mode. Click on a household and there should be a button with two people separated by a line; that's how you split them up. I believe that you merge by taking sims off of the clipboard (on the left of the screen on transparent white boxes when you split/move famblies) or out of your "custom household box" (where CAS sims go) and dragging them into whatever household. You still can't put in more than eight sims, though (why a person want to, I have no idea!).
DJKID
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1032 on: 2009 May 24, 08:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if anyone else is as irritated as I am with how ridiculously complicated it is to merge fresh families. As in, making a family and then deciding later that I wanted to more in a long lost lover, relative, or what-have-you. For some reason, I also did not have the option to pack my stuff while combing the households, do I have to buy moving boxes or something?

To pack your items, go into Buy mode and click the third button in the Choose by Room/Choose by Type/Family Inventory (the box) column. That is your fambly inventory; if your entire fambly moves, that goes with it. Just use the Hand tool to pick up object and drop them in!

But when I told my family to move out there were two options on the Moving screen. Sell or Pack objects. Sell was checked, and Pack was grayed out. I seriously have to move all objects to inventory to Pack them?

To merge/split households, you have to enter Edit Town mode. Click on a household and there should be a button with two people separated by a line; that's how you split them up. I believe that you merge by taking sims off of the clipboard (on the left of the screen on transparent white boxes when you split/move famblies) or out of your "custom household box" (where CAS sims go) and dragging them into whatever household. You still can't put in more than eight sims, though (why a person want to, I have no idea!).

I know how to do it. I'm saying it's a pain in the ass.

EDIT: I just noticed you are referring to the Split option. Why use that when there's a Merge?
EDIT2: And on further inspection you cannot drag sims out of the CAS box under either option so now I know you are sprouting nonsense.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 24, 09:08:14 by DJKID » Logged

Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: 2009 May 24, 09:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...to take sims out of a house you're not playing?
DJKID
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1034 on: 2009 May 24, 09:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to MERGE. BECOME ONE. I don't want to take anyone out of the house.

Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: 2009 May 24, 09:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably GLARINGLY obvious to everyone but me, but where the fuck did you guys find gemstones? I couldn't find a single mining community lot, and nothing but meteor rocks near ponds...
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 2009 May 24, 09:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The meteor rocks are sometimes gemstones.  If you look close, you can see the gemstones embedded.  They're all around the town, but along the rockline at Pier Point Beach is a good spot to look.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 2009 May 24, 09:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you can send them via mail to cut. Option appears on them in the inventory screen.
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: 2009 May 24, 09:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get a very Sims 1 flavor to relationships. It seems you need at least 2 traits in common to provide something to base a romantic relationship on.

This is all random playing. Font issues are annoying, finding seeds for more extravagant things is annoying. Where is the money tree seed?
Keeping a garden, a part time job, a romance and writing is a very very busy time. Hopefully if the romance pays off I can drop one part of the whole.
Neighborhood being alive is nice, no loading screens is nice (even though the travel time can be perceived as one). Jobs being .. find building choose job is very nice.
400 bucks to learn to fish is crap. (Yes I know I can just fish , but when pressed for time..)
Cooking is interesting, but I am not into having a mini game to just keep my sim alive. Thankfully it seems that was already stated as the quick meals are functional for immediate needs.
Personal investing in the sim you create is higher, interest in the townies is lower.
I am back to creating the mate and moving him in next door to find love. There really isn't enough time otherwise.

I am rather wondering where this release did come from ..just idle thinking.

Overall - for my playstyle this is generally better. Sims meets Harvest moon I suppose..

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
netza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 2009 May 24, 10:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But when I told my family to move out there were two options on the Moving screen. Sell or Pack objects. Sell was checked, and Pack was grayed out. I seriously have to move all objects to inventory to Pack them?

No, it should be automatic. Weird that it's gray. :/
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 2009 May 24, 10:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's grey when moving out through "edit town" screen.
tedw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: 2009 May 24, 10:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else experienced the randomized growth/shrinking of plants in build mode?  I tried placing sunflowers and discovered that, lo and behold, there appear to be at least 4 sizes of the plant!  The size you get appears to be random each time you place them (although I have gotten the same size twice in a row).

Edited to add the link, in case anyone can't see the image (as I can't): http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flowerss.jpg
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 2009 May 24, 11:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone pointed me to this. EA has generated a patch for the release game already.

The release version number is 1.0.631.00107, and the patch is designed to update this to 1.0.632.00107.

And this link: http://na.llnet.eadownloads.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/sims3_sku7_update_manifest.xml

So wait, ok the part about the version we have being old I get, but the part that they have a patch already for a game that isn't released, is that what that is saying? lol
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: 2009 May 24, 11:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else experienced the randomized growth/shrinking of plants in build mode?  I tried placing sunflowers and discovered that, lo and behold, there appear to be at least 4 sizes of the plant!  The size you get appears to be random each time you place them (although I have gotten the same size twice in a row).

Edited to add the link, in case anyone can't see the image (as I can't): http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flowerss.jpg

It's intended behaviour.
farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 2009 May 24, 11:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does the superior "bug free" full world/content and extra town, June 2 release, need patching?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 2009 May 24, 11:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

400 bucks to learn to fish is crap. (Yes I know I can just fish , but when pressed for time..)
What effect does the class have? Gain one skillpoint automatically? I imagine this is more useful when you are already high in the skill and skillpoints are harder to come by.

Cooking is interesting, but I am not into having a mini game to just keep my sim alive. Thankfully it seems that was already stated as the quick meals are functional for immediate needs.
I've never even played the buy-thngs minigame and I can cook everything anyway. I think you just get charged money for it.

Personal investing in the sim you create is higher, interest in the townies is lower.
It's really a one-fambly game, yes. Everything from the (Broken) "story progression" feature of randomly killing off your non-active sims, the general lack of control over the rest of the neighborhood, to the fact that even switching to another fambly is a destructive operation, pretty much reduces the rest of the neighborhood into the backdrop and creates an enforced Legacy playstyle.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 2009 May 24, 11:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does the superior "bug free" full world/content and extra town, June 2 release, need patching?

Because the Pirates found the problems that regular people would of just accepted as being part of the game.  We expect more than sheeple.

As soon as Awesome Mods are available, you can almost guarantee they will end up in the next EA patch. 

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
alphagirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 2009 May 24, 11:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I had really hoped that "enablellamas" would have given everyone llama heads or something similar.  Grin

In any case, new bug...or something to report.  KagomeSim had her baby (which turned out to be a boy, and thus he was named Kouga and given the insane/neurotic traits for the hell of it), and when his bladder got low enough, I changed his diaper.  And changed his diaper.  And changed...you get the idea.  She went through the motions sure enough, but the bladder level never filled.  Instead I gave up and pottytrained his little ass instead of letting him become a stinking mess.  Roll Eyes
Hm, maybe this is not a bug. In TS2 the toddlers didn't need changing of diaper until the bladders got all the way down, then they went in their diapers, the bladder got way up again, cuz ya know, now they didn't need to go anymore, then the diaper was full and smelly, and needed to be changed. This then did not have an effect on the bladder, cuz it was all in the green again, but on the hygiene. So maybe next time try waiting till the bladder is all up again, and the hygiene is down, see if changing diaper does anything then.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: 2009 May 24, 11:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I had really hoped that "enablellamas" would have given everyone llama heads or something similar.  Grin

In any case, new bug...or something to report.  KagomeSim had her baby (which turned out to be a boy, and thus he was named Kouga and given the insane/neurotic traits for the hell of it), and when his bladder got low enough, I changed his diaper.  And changed his diaper.  And changed...you get the idea.  She went through the motions sure enough, but the bladder level never filled.  Instead I gave up and pottytrained his little ass instead of letting him become a stinking mess.  Roll Eyes

Changing the diaper before it is wet will improve hygiene but will not affect bladder function.  It seems to be the only way to "clean" a baby or toddler -- it doesn't seem to be possible to bathe them in the sink or the tub.  If they are not potty trained, they have to actually wet themselves, thus relieving bladder and tanking hygiene.  Not so different from TS2 or from real life, really; changing a dry diaper won't drain the kid's bladder ;-)

I get a very Sims 1 flavor to relationships. It seems you need at least 2 traits in common to provide something to base a romantic relationship on.

Not true.  In my couple, the woman is brave, artistic, lucky, good sense of humor, and charismatic, while the man is absent-minded, bookworm, handy, good sense of humor, and great kisser.  One of their teen daughters has a romatic interist (red heart) with a guy who is good, light sleeper, computer whiz, and ? (she hasn't learned his 4th trait yet), while she is hot-headed, technophobe, brave, and excitable.  It's possible that the unknown trait is something in common with her, but that one only make one trait in common, obviously.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 2009 May 24, 11:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try unchecking sell?  Pack might be ungreyed after that.  Just a thought.

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: