More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:20:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111844 times)
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #975 on: 2009 May 23, 23:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is one ugly toddler.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: 2009 May 23, 23:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They way some things have to be done is driving me nuts. My sim had a want to take a bubble bath. So I send her to the tub, and there is no option for bubble bath..wtf? I had to send her shopping to buy bubble bath, then place the bottle on the tub in order for the option to appear. That's too many steps just to take a damn bath.

If you use the cheaper dishwasher, they get annoyed by the noise from it, and stand there holding their ears complaining.

The wants and moodlet things do not go together at times, she had a want to see a ghost, so I send her to the cemetery at night to see a ghost, but then she thinks its creepy and gets a bad moodlet.

daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: 2009 May 23, 23:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is one ugly toddler.

She's not that bad when she's sitting still...her mouth is a little wonky though.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 2009 May 23, 23:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I wanted to see how truthful Snooty's comparison pic was, and tried my best to recreate one of the scenes. I'm somewhat
mixed about the results. I'm comparing the first set of pics from here: http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3index.php?id=compare
with this: *image snip*

It actually kinda just looks like the Sims 2, period. I love that pic that Snooty used and am a bit disappointed we can't get the same affect. Did you try at different times of day?

Hmm, I'll do that and see what happens. This was one of the pics I kept coming to when I seen other, less stellar pictures,
so this was a blow to me too.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 2009 May 23, 23:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, definitely no light streaming through the windows (and yes I made sure the house faced the correct way for the sun
to come through).

In my Sim's house, the sun comes through the windows first thing in the morning.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: 2009 May 23, 23:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I tried at some other times of the day. Good thing, light does appear on the ground at different times of the day, and even changes angles. Bad thing, not much better than Gunmods lighting mod, and definitely no where near the Snooty pic.
But, better than nothing I suppose.

Around 1 o'clock PM

Around 3 o'clock PM

Around 5 o'clock PM

Around 6 o'clock Am
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: 2009 May 24, 00:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They way some things have to be done is driving me nuts. My sim had a want to take a bubble bath. So I send her to the tub, and there is no option for bubble bath..wtf? I had to send her shopping to buy bubble bath, then place the bottle on the tub in order for the option to appear. That's too many steps just to take a damn bath.

I actually think that's kind of cool! I always wanted that sort of thing in the Sims 2. I'm an odd player, my sims have to go out to get stuff, no changing their hair at home, only at a salon. No getting groceries delivered, most people don't do that and so on.

I like that too. Why have all the community shops if the sim doesn't visit them?  I like during pregnancy, the negative moodlet for 'aching back' can mostly be relieve by going to the Spa. Spousal backrubs are okay and appreciated by nothing is more refreshing than going to the spa and getting the works. Helps when the sim comes home, someone compliment her on the appearance. Makes a happy pregnancy, thus happy baby.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
juxtaposed
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: 2009 May 24, 00:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a good few hours play and there's things I both like and dislike. I like how the Sims look, and how the moodlets work. At first, my sim was always in a bad mood by the time she finished work, but once I got used to how the positiive moodlets work and which ones give a good "boost" she is normally in a very good mood. The relationships are more realistic and I like the challenge of making friends.

The UI is quite messy and I'm still getting to grips with it. The number of hairs/clothes/objects is disappointing, but with Create A Style it's quite easy to make things look different.

The game is running smoothly with the settings high, but I have had one glitch where all of a sudden every single bit of text in the game disappeared, the cursor looked boxy and the pavements looked weird. Luckily I remembered which tab was save and exit, and when I loaded the game up again it was normal again. Anyone else had this?
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: 2009 May 24, 00:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I read correctly that the 'woolprop' cheat works in-game? I typed in 'woolprop' in-game and it gave the same error as entering in boolprop.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: 2009 May 24, 00:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I read correctly that the 'woolprop' cheat works in-game? I typed in 'woolprop' in-game and it gave the same error as entering in boolprop.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: 2009 May 24, 00:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

?

Are you talking about the Testing cheat? All you need to type in is TestingCheatsEnabled true/false. No need for the boolpriop,
or "woolprop", whatever that is.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: 2009 May 24, 00:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's OK, woolprop is for sheeple only. I was saving the quote for posterity.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: 2009 May 24, 00:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was probably a typo and I, being the idiot that I am, didn't take a moment to think that, you know, it was a typo.  But I recall it was mentioned being able to do the impregnating-Sim part of the cheat. Again, it was probably only pure speculation and I didn't pick up on that. I'll have to go and dig up a quote.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: 2009 May 24, 00:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

report of standard EAxis phail. Bitra Snorgbessen has a daughter with Cyclon Sword. Daughter (Celia) has never interacted with father (that I know of). Bitra invites other love interest around (forget his name) and makes out with him in front of toddler Celia. Both mother and daughter get lost friend moodlet, Celia also gains betrayal of loved one and innapropriate behaviour by a guest - What?!

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Seolaeria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: 2009 May 24, 00:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IGN just did a preview and they had this to say about the amount of objects in the game.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/986/986159p2.html

Keep in mind that The Store is completely optional; you won't need to use it to play the game. We've been playing with a review build and we can say that there's a wealth of content in there already, so it's not like EA is only giving us a handful of items and forcing us to purchase the rest. The amount of content in game seems comperable [sic] to The Sims 2 and its predecessor.

Either this "review build" contains more objects than the final game, or what we've downloaded really is a buggy pre-release version. Then again, who knows what "a wealth of content" means by IGN's standards...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: 2009 May 24, 00:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

report of standard EAxis phail. Bitra Snorgbessen has a daughter with Cyclon Sword. Daughter (Celia) has never interacted with father (that I know of). Bitra invites other love interest around (forget his name) and makes out with him in front of toddler Celia. Both mother and daughter get lost friend moodlet, Celia also gains betrayal of loved one and innapropriate behaviour by a guest - What?!
This behavior is known to us. It has been targeted for termination.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DansGirl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: 2009 May 24, 00:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ran across this guy in the park. This is Arlo Bunch, the grown son of a family in my town. The genetics engine wasn't very kind to him. Let's hope it's an anomaly.

I'm more concerned with the fire fighter! Surely they should be fit for work and not be a little fatty!  Cheesy
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 2009 May 24, 00:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After playing a bit today, my top annoyance is sims who insist on going to bed at night, whether they are tired or not. My guy wanted to go fishing before 6am, so I cheated his energy and kept him up, and then at 4am, he went to bed instead of going fishing. WTF, dude. He was about 90% of full energy at the time.
Maybe you shouldn't have sent him to bed. Tongue Otherwise, maybe his calculated energy intersecton curve worked out to a full energy recharge at that point.

I didn't send him to bed. He was supposed to be reading. I was checking on his roommate, and when I looked back at him, he was in bed.

farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: 2009 May 24, 00:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IGN just did a preview and they had this to say about the amount of objects in the game.

Either this "review build" contains more objects than the final game, or what we've downloaded really is a buggy pre-release version. Then again, who knows what "a wealth of content" means by IGN's standards...

Why leave content out of a "pre-release build"? Sorry, just can't see EA deciding later to throw in more showers, counters etc or "oh we forgot to put in a spa,spiral stairs or even elevators."
Its more logical if they have a shop set up to buy items for frustrated users wanting better game content.
I wonder also what that creator camp was all about? Because I cannot see many new objects that weren't already in the base sims 2 game?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: 2009 May 24, 00:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just propaganda. Games like this go "feature complete" well before the release. This build was compiled a scant 2 weeks before Gold. While it is not the FINAL, FINAL, it is feature-complete and nothing you will see in the final build is not in this one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: 2009 May 24, 00:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same happened with me, with the twins of Cyl0n3 Sw0rd heh.
BeautyWitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: 2009 May 24, 00:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually think that's kind of cool! I always wanted that sort of thing in the Sims 2. I'm an odd player, my sims have to go out to get stuff, no changing their hair at home, only at a salon. No getting groceries delivered, most people don't do that and so on.
I play the same way too, so I can see myself easily fallen in love with most of the "features" that annoy others.

Edited: Because my keyboard sucks
« Last Edit: 2009 May 24, 01:05:57 by BeautyWitch » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: 2009 May 24, 01:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA claiming to have lost $9million due to "pirates"

"The current number of illegal downloads of "The Sims 3" suggests lost retail sales of $9 million to date, based on the $49.99 starting price."

Full Article

You know, when I mentioned that tinfoil theory of mine earlier (that EA would be blaming the piracy & early leaking for lost sales) I wasn't really being serious.

Maybe I need to upgrade to a better quality brand of tinfoil before someone finds evidence that the game really was leaked to the pirates by EA.

And on the game itself now that I've had a chance to play it: if I'd never seen TS2, if I'd gone straight from TS1 to TS3 instead, I'd probably think TS3 was awesome.  But I didn't go from TS1 to TS3.  I played TS2, so I know how awesome the Sims franchise can really be (even when the game is base game & unmodded), and I can see how much of the game's potential was cut out of TS3.  This is a big step backwards from TS2, not a step forwards.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: 2009 May 24, 01:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Celia also gains betrayal of loved one and innapropriate behaviour by a guest - What?!

That would make sense if she was a child sim but not a toddler. Because children irl can be against their single parent's love interest sometimes and they're old enough to understand what's going on.
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: 2009 May 24, 01:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Screenshots link'd because they are quite large.)

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Junk/Screenshot-46.jpg
I CAN HAZ BEBE IN HOUSE OF FRIEND?

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Junk/Screenshot-106.jpg
SKLJSNDBLKNSKL BEBEZ

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Junk/Screenshot-111.jpg
BEBE SMELLT LEIK PLATES, SORRZ

http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/Junk/Screenshot-177.jpg
I'M IN UR YARD, EATING UR SOUL

And this is why I love The Sims 3 so much.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: