More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:55:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111839 times)
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #650 on: 2009 May 21, 22:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 2GB of RAM (not amazing, but usually enough to run things decently, especially since I'm on XP) and speeds 2 and 3 do very little for me.

I sing along with elevator music.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2009 May 21, 22:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They work totally fine for me.  I have noticed that sometimes, depending on what they're doing, they slow down a tiny bit, but other than that they do work as they're supposed to. 
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2009 May 21, 22:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I finally figured out why my game keeps crashing. I thought it was a video card issue at first, but I posted at a tech forum with all my computer specs and they said it was my psu. I have a 630 watt Linkworld LPG2-43 which I got at a computer shop down the street back in February. After upgrading from an x1900 to my Radeon HD 4850, my old 500 watt wouldn't power on my computer and none of the local stores (including the big chains) sold power supplies over 500 watts, so I got it there. They told me my current power supply is meant for AGP set-ups, not PCI-e because there's not enough 12v amps. So I ordered a new Corsair 650 watt from NewEgg.

I just came from S2C/MTS2 and they're going warn/ban happy over there. I just posted about what things I hope are fixed soon (based on what other people are saying since I can't even play the game) and I got a warning claiming I asked for help installing an illegal copy or helped someone else do so, which I didn't, so I have no idea what's going on. I'll just steer clear from there until the official release date.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: 2009 May 21, 23:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine have worked properly only a handful of times since first starting the game.

It looks like some of us are getting bugs that others aren't getting, and some are getting the same bugs except in different ways.

I just came from S2C/MTS2 and they're going warn/ban happy over there. I just posted about what things I hope are fixed soon (based on what other people are saying since I can't even play the game) and I got a warning claiming I asked for help installing an illegal copy or helped someone else do so, which I didn't, so I have no idea what's going on. I'll just steer clear from there until the official release date.

Yikes.  It's always nice to receive a warning about something you didn't actually do.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2009 May 21, 23:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess that's why they call them bugs hehe.

It's not really a good idea to talk illegal stuff on any forum really, other than here (or anywhere where the hosting company doesn't care).  It can affect their hosting agreements, their relationships with the EA bastards, etc.  You might not have been talking about playing it, but knowing a lot about the workings of the game does imply you obtained it illegally, doesn't it?

ETA: Cool, my sim started a fire on the stove and it burnt the counter next to it too!  Way more realistic.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: 2009 May 21, 23:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might not have been talking about playing it, but knowing a lot about the workings of the game does imply you obtained it illegally, doesn't it?

I don't agree, because so many people are sharing info that it's not hard to find loads of stuff just by reading, and then pass on the info.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2009 May 21, 23:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe so, but I wouldn't blame them for being extra careful.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2009 May 21, 23:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the lifetime want Gold Digger might be broken.  Unless you need a really high amount of wealth.  As soon as a married sim dies their relationship is changed to fiance might be broken entirely if they both die i don't know.

I tried getting my sim to see the dead sim normally and i even resurrected him as a playable ghost neither worked.  After resurrecting him as a playable ghost they were fiance's but they couldn't marry again.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 22, 00:51:10 by LFox » Logged
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2009 May 21, 23:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, guess what I just found?! A bug.

Kinda teensy but still...

He's supposed to be patting his fat tummy. Instead, his fat tummy is patting him. And not in a good way. His hands have disappeared inside himself.

It happened every time I toggled thin/fat.

Oh yeah, and did you all know that BELTS are recolourable? I thought that was pretty cool.

I just built a family of three and I had a lot of fun doing it.

gyrobot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2009 May 21, 23:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So any idea what are the minerals for once refined?
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2009 May 22, 00:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be my computer, I've only got a gig of RAM and am running Vista, but it's not lagging or skipping or indicating in any other way that it's my PC speed causing the problem.  I just have most of the graphics settings on medium.  HALP
I'm having the same issue, and I have 4GB of RAM and my game is showing no other signs of lagging with all graphic settings on high.  Speeds 2 and 3 are exactly the same as speed 1 for me.

I also have Vista (4GB) and the game clock runs extremely slow for me at all speeds.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: 2009 May 22, 00:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I haven't been able to figure out if I can only play the one selfmade sim, or if I can add another one to the town.  Kind of sucks if I can only have one selfmade sim/family per saved town/game.  Yeesh.

Yeah, noticed that long hair sticks through hoodies, too, as has happened in the past with Sims 1 and 2. 

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2009 May 22, 00:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the same bug on female fat sims around town.

There's a ghost of one of the Landgraabs who comes to the Kennedy household almost every night. By car. Yeah...

I was starting to suspect that locking the have boy/girl want promised resulted in that sex of baby, as it fulfilled my first three sim pregnancies. Then, my current married couple both had the want for a girl promised, and they had twin boys instead.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2009 May 22, 00:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I haven't been able to figure out if I can only play the one selfmade sim, or if I can add another one to the town.  Kind of sucks if I can only have one selfmade sim/family per saved town/game.  Yeesh.

Yeah, noticed that long hair sticks through hoodies, too, as has happened in the past with Sims 1 and 2. 

If you read this thread you might find out~  Tongue j/k

I think what I read in here earlier is that you have to click on the "..." button and then click on "edit neighborhood", and then there is an option to switch families or something like that?

edit: Or, oh. Maybe that doesn't work for being able to create new families. It doesn't seem likely though.
gyrobot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2009 May 22, 00:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering what are the minerals for after you refine them? Just decorations?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2009 May 22, 01:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bit the bullet and I've played for a few hours so far.

I want to look at the bright side, remembering when I played TS2 the first time, and I felt uneasy, because of the novelty. I still feel better playing TS2, just like I felt about TS1, back in those days, until I was a little more experienced in TS2.

Still, I'm not intrigued enough, now, about TS3. It's weird, because up to a certain point, I could be an ideal TS3 player: I don't mind realism at all, I like cartoonish sims and maxis-match stuff; I don't care about skilling and game goals; I also love to watch the sims doing their stuff on their own. In short, I'm totally the opposite of those who like to micromanage and tell their sims what to do.

Fine; for players like me, this game - AFAICK - is crap. So far, it's extremely disappointing. I love to watch sims doing stuff autonomously, even important ones; I'm not their overlord, but a sort of helper: you want to marry that guy? I hate him, but ok, I will marry you; you want to spawn babies? Fine, you'll have them, and so on.
That's the point: I like to WATCH them do stuff, not learn it by newspaper titles or something like that.

I played the Goths and then the Bachelors for 2 days, and Mortimer and Bella were both at 4 days before aging up when I left. I then sent my CAS sim to chat with a neighbor for a while and the next day both Mortimer and Bella were teens. WTF??
The only way to play I can spot is playing compulsively every household for max 1 day and then switch to another, to keep up with their frenzy. Or having many games, each one with only 2 household played, but it would result in a confusing mess.

I passed the most of the playing time taking notes of the most important mods it will require for me enjoing this game. First will be the new interaction "Punch in da face the moron who makes silly faces all the time". Really, I already hate this with a passion. Apparently in my game everyone thinks this is the best interaction ever, and keeps doing it all the time, wherever they are. And no, it CAN'T BE tight pants Sad.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: 2009 May 22, 01:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to make a 2nd household. I just went into edit town, created a new sim, moved him in and changed active household. The other Sim lost his wishes and whatnot, but I was able to switch between them. I really have no idea what the hell they were thinking with that little feature.  I can also play any of the premade Sims in the NHood when I select change active household. Took me awhile to figure all that out though. Stupid annoying feature.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2009 May 22, 01:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it wrong that I have major schadenfreude over "Render Girl" not being in the game? I was hanging around snooty sims a few months back watching people try to convince themselves the game wasn't being delayed, and the obsession with render girl was really disturbing.
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2009 May 22, 02:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Snooty Sims forums are just disturbing in general, anyway.  Undecided
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2009 May 22, 02:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to move the screen from side to side, etc? I mean using the cursor at the sides or top/bottom to just move the screen. I can tilt and rotate, but I can't just use the cursor to move view. Kind of frustrating having to rotate and zoom to see what the hell they are doing.

Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2009 May 22, 02:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an 'Edge scrolling' option somewhere, probably in 'game' or 'display' option.

And you can move view with clicking the right mouse button too.

Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #671 on: 2009 May 22, 02:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to move the screen from side to side, etc? I mean using the cursor at the sides or top/bottom to just move the screen. I can tilt and rotate, but I can't just use the cursor to move view. Kind of frustrating having to rotate and zoom to see what the hell they are doing.

You have to go under options and select edge scrolling under gameplay. I wonder who the genius was that thought to have that off by default.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2009 May 22, 02:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to go under options and select edge scrolling under gameplay. I wonder who the genius was that thought to have that off by default.
**Bangs head on desk**, I should have known that...I feel stupid.
Thank you

Celestra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2009 May 22, 02:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still slowly downloading , but reading about the pathing /routing does this basically mean we have to go back to Sims1 style and put 2 doors in every room so they can move in and out properly .
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2009 May 22, 02:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not only the doors, they could have a 2-tile wide hallway (or turning a corner in a larger room) and if two sims going in opposite directions meet, they'll stand in front of each other until one decides to go around the other.   grrr

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: