More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:29:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111761 times)
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #625 on: 2009 May 21, 20:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What really annoyed me though was the fact some of the comm lots weren't visible . . .  as in your Sims disappeared when they went inside a building.  That just doesn't seem right.  That's why I'm wondering if this is really a beta or something . . .  The animations of the Sims are very wonky too, very stiff . . .  A lot less fluid and natural than Sims 2, even though you'd think the reverse would be true.  They are definitely more toony than they were in Sims 2, though you'd think the opposite would be true.
Why do people keep saying this is proof the version out is beta? In all of the developer interviews, game reviews, etc, for the past year, it was explained that most of the community buildings were rabbit holes.

List of knowns with backup sources. Now, some things have changed from initial reports, but rabbit holes were always in there.

From #grah this afternoon:

[15:16]   <jfade>   Also, this shoots those people saying this is a beta in the foot:
[15:16]   <jfade>   <packagedate>05/14/2008 13:20:18</packagedate>
[15:16]   <jfade>   that's saved in a resource within the package.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 2009 May 21, 20:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What really annoyed me though was the fact some of the comm lots weren't visible . . .  as in your Sims disappeared when they went inside a building.  That just doesn't seem right.  That's why I'm wondering if this is really a beta or something . . .  The animations of the Sims are very wonky too, very stiff . . .  A lot less fluid and natural than Sims 2, even though you'd think the reverse would be true.  They are definitely more toony than they were in Sims 2, though you'd think the opposite would be true.
Why do people keep saying this is proof the version out is beta? In all of the developer interviews, game reviews, etc, for the past year, it was explained that most of the community buildings were rabbit holes.

List of knowns with backup sources. Now, some things have changed from initial reports, but rabbit holes were always in there.

[15:16]   <jfade>   Also, this shoots those people saying this is a beta in the foot:

You know that's a year ago....right?

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
Netich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 2009 May 21, 20:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would have been cool if VirtueThroughGod had posted the #666 post....

About the dead people, i think their tombs are in the mausoleum, you can grab them and take them to your house, or put one from your home in there. The last also make the ghost not to appear again.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 2009 May 21, 20:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know that's a year ago....right?

Duuuurrrrr. I apologize for the blatant reading comprehension phial.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 2009 May 21, 21:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the site is still open Smiley http://llnw.thesims3.com/myPage/Rockermonkey999
Tehe My profile from when it was still fully opened.
But I don't remember that post, I do remember the store though ;]
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 2009 May 21, 21:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the dead people, i think their tombs are in the mausoleum, you can grab them and take them to your house, or put one from your home in there. The last also make the ghost not to appear again.
Naturally I had to go check this out, and I can confirm this. If you go to the mausoleum with a grave in your inventory, you get the option to "Manage the Dead". You can put in/take out graves from there.

Could the people that have had sims randomly die, go to the mausoleum in the middle of the graveyard and check to see if that option is there? Maybe these graves that you can't find get automatically put into there? If not, can you get a grave somehow, do the manage the dead option, and see if they show up then?
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 2009 May 21, 21:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I played this for about 20 minutes before promptly switching back to Sims 2. It's so laughably bad and ADD that I'm not even disappointed, just amused, really.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2009 May 21, 21:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish parts of this were more intuitive: some of the opportunities that come up are a bit of a headscratcher as to how you're supposed to accomplish them.  Like taking your boss's dinner date out for for dinner yourself.  I missed the deadline simply because I couldn't figure out how it was done.

When in the neighborhood view map. at the bottom is the filter panel. If you select "Home and Work"  It shows home, workplace, and appears to also show the location of any current opportunities.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2009 May 21, 21:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess EA did a nice job with handling the graveyard/dead people then. Too bad the graveyard they gave us has practically no room for newcomers. At least you can make another graveyard if you need to. (the rabbithole buildings are in the community lot category while on a community lot)
zceepy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 2009 May 21, 21:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What then heck is it with the randomly spawning babies? I decided to have a go at playing two houses at once. So I leave my green skinned sim alone for a day - literally just a day - while I play the house opposite then I send my current sim over to visit and there's a flipping green baby on the floor. I switch households to see if I could find out who the father was and there wasn't one. This sim had only existed for three days in total, barely knew anyone and had magically spawned a baby...
Sorry EA, was just starting to enjoy myself but I refuse to have my sims performing mytosis...
Netich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 2009 May 21, 21:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naturally I had to go check this out, and I can confirm this. If you go to the mausoleum with a grave in your inventory, you get the option to "Manage the Dead". You can put in/take out graves from there.

Could the people that have had sims randomly die, go to the mausoleum in the middle of the graveyard and check to see if that option is there? Maybe these graves that you can't find get automatically put into there? If not, can you get a grave somehow, do the manage the dead option, and see if they show up then?

I can confirm that if a close friend of your family dies, you can take his tomb from there. Dont know about people you have not met.

What im going to check (when i have time) is if every dead sims in the family trees is in the graveyard.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: 2009 May 21, 21:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish parts of this were more intuitive: some of the opportunities that come up are a bit of a headscratcher as to how you're supposed to accomplish them.  Like taking your boss's dinner date out for for dinner yourself.  I missed the deadline simply because I couldn't figure out how it was done.

When in the neighborhood view map. at the bottom is the filter panel. If you select "Home and Work"  It shows home, workplace, and appears to also show the location of any current opportunities.

Well, then mine must be bugged because Ethan's home just came up as him being home, not the opportunity I was supposed to complete with him.  There was no indication whatsoever, and I couldn't complete the task anyway.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
dashakatrina
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 2009 May 21, 21:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not sure if someone posted this or not

it seems 

sims 3 leaked version seems to be real

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/the-sims-3-leaked/882
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 2009 May 21, 21:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yays! Wallpaper and flooring is designable. Fences are not. You have to choose and place the wallpaper first, then choose the palette. Discovered this by accident when redoing a livingroom in lime and green due to sim color preference. Which, of course, has no effect on environment score. Though I'm sure Gali will find a way to "proove" that it does.

Of a controlled sim dies on a community lot, the grave does appear in place on the community lot.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: 2009 May 21, 21:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, about those windows. I went back into the game and found that Eaxis, indeed, doesn't playtest their games at all.The window coverings bleed through the window on both sides, not just the inside frame.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/LadyDea/Screenshot-9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/LadyDea/Screenshot-10.jpg

This happens to a handful of the other window coverings as well - for this window, at least. In any case, one window is too many.

I started a new "neighbourhood" and have been playing with only one sim. Even in TS2 I find it much easier to play with one sim or two sims.  What I'm wondering, though, what is the max number of sims in one household? Is it still eight?

Something I found amusing:

I heard a gasp and some bubbling only to find my sims with her head under water. I thought for a moment she was drowning herself, but no, she had just dunked her head under water.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 2009 May 21, 21:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sammy that pic is funny. I do hope someone is able to figure out how to get rid of the censor

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: 2009 May 21, 21:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens to a handful of the other window coverings as well - for this window, at least. In any case, one window is too many.

Interesting.  Mine shows no bleedthrough.  Actually the only weird "bleedthrough" I'm seeing is the same warped water reflection that others are reporting.  God, does it look strange when my sim walks by water.  I can't believe they didn't fix that...oh wait.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 2009 May 21, 21:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting.  Mine shows no bleedthrough.  Actually the only weird "bleedthrough" I'm seeing is the same warped water reflection that others are reporting.  God, does it look strange when my sim walks by water.  I can't believe they didn't fix that...oh wait.

Hmm, that is puzzling. I haven't noticed any graphics issues besides the window coverings, but it was too much as to ask for a well-working game, I suppose.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 2009 May 21, 21:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When my Sim went to the graveyard after seeing someone die on the steps of City Hall, she looked for the grave but could not find it.  She then took a tour of the mausoleum, which was a rabbit hole, of course.  There was no option to manage the dead.  Of course, she did not know this woman (though I did make note of the name), so this could have been why there was no option.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2009 May 21, 21:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In EA's pictures and video it has water bleed through, so they know about it, they're just wicked lazy.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #645 on: 2009 May 21, 22:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In EA's pictures and video it has water bleed through, so they know about it, they're just wicked lazy.

This should be very apparent after so many years of Sims-related bugs!  Grin

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

raptureswild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2009 May 21, 22:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was asked several pages back, but I never saw a proper response.

Is it just my computer, my copy of the software, or my retardedness that is causing the game to run, AT ULTRA SPEED, at roughly the same or slightly slower pace as Sims1/2 speed 2?  If the game is this excruciatingly slow-paced, it's WORSE than the loading screens from TS2; I can only watch my sim sleep for so long before I want to scoop out my eyes with a spoon.

It could be my computer, I've only got a gig of RAM and am running Vista, but it's not lagging or skipping or indicating in any other way that it's my PC speed causing the problem.  I just have most of the graphics settings on medium.  HALP
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 2009 May 21, 22:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just my computer, my copy of the software, or my retardedness that is causing the game to run, AT ULTRA SPEED, at roughly the same or slightly slower pace as Sims1/2 speed 2?  If the game is this excruciatingly slow-paced, it's WORSE than the loading screens from TS2; I can only watch my sim sleep for so long before I want to scoop out my eyes with a spoon.

It could be my computer, I've only got a gig of RAM and am running Vista, but it's not lagging or skipping or indicating in any other way that it's my PC speed causing the problem.  I just have most of the graphics settings on medium.  HALP

I think it's just you.  Mine runs at fast speed just fine.  You don't have nearly enough RAM for Vista + TS3.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: 2009 May 21, 22:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's just you.  Mine runs at fast speed just fine.  You don't have nearly enough RAM for Vista + TS3.

No, it isn't just them, and I thought several people have talked about this same thing in this thread?  I'm experiencing it, too, and I have 3 Gigs of RAM.  Nothing else is lagging or choppy; it's just that the speed buttons work only occasionally and only for some people, it seems.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Lyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 2009 May 21, 22:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same issue, and I have 4GB of RAM and my game is showing no other signs of lagging with all graphic settings on high.  Speeds 2 and 3 are exactly the same as speed 1 for me.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: