More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:40:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111792 times)
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #375 on: 2009 May 20, 15:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*How do you take screenshots? I gotta look around more and figure this out.

Camera icon on the interface. It's at the bottom of the all the buttons. And unlike TS2, you get nice, large screenshots.

*Can we PLEASE get rid of the mosaic?!

What, you mean you don't like that giant floating eyesore?

Seems it'll be more complicated than a console cheat this time, though.

*I also miss my sim wardrobe auto bill payer. I had the repo guy show up because I was too busy to pay bills

When the pop up notifications bug you that you only have one day left to pay your bills, there is a "pay bills now" button there--if you click it, your bill will automatically be paid and you don't have to send someone to do it.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2009 May 20, 15:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get why people are saying you can only play one family per hood?  ...The reason for this is the family now has to live it's own life while your away so any wishes promised must be handled by them not you. 

There is the answer to your question.  We object to things happening outside our control (where sims are concerned).  They do things when we're not playing them, the bastards.  In TS2, they would stay reasonably static until you went back to them.  We liked that (for the most part, I mean, and not meaning to speak for all MATY at all, nope).  If I create a sim, I don't want him dying on me without my intervention while I'm off playing another house (or getting married, or having babies, or buying a car, or burning down the kitchen yet again, or getting some hopeless job, etc.).

I guess, considering everything, if I play TS3 for any extended period, I will have to get used to it though, or play the enforced legacy style.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2009 May 20, 15:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Snooty thread is funny.  Now they're saying "This glitch PROVES it's a beta!".

Heh, I have three words for them: original jump bug.

When does betting open on how soon a patch is released?

More F than you
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2009 May 20, 15:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason for this is the family now has to live it's own life while your away so any wishes promised must be handled by them not you.

This is the bit that the control-freaks amongst us (myself included) DO NOT WANT.  We DO NOT WANT them to live their own lives while we're away playing other households.  We want them to mark time (a la Sims 1 and Sims 2) until we get back to that household's turn to be played again.  We WANT to lock in some wishes and come back later to fulfil them next time we play their household, not have them go off and take their lives in totally different directions to those we've planned for them.

We want to play them, not watch from a distance as they live their own lives - I already have a TV I could watch if that was what I wanted.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2009 May 20, 15:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the game. I have two questions:

1. Townies. I know they come back.  Does anyone see a way to eliminate them or at the very least prevent them from breeding? (Aging them prematurely,Getting rid of males)?  They have homes right? Can their homes be deleted? There must be some way to destroy the townies. Can we kill their offspring at child ages?

2. The awful one family per neighborhood thing.  What happens if you set your family/neighborhood on a long life span/slow time?  Would it be easier to play more than one family this way without having your unplayed family get all fishbowled? 

I am hating the one family bit, but I feel strongly that there might be a cheat that allows families to be paused that we don't know about yet.

Please oh please let this be a beta.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2009 May 20, 15:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*I also miss my sim wardrobe auto bill payer. I had the repo guy show up because I was too busy to pay bills Tongue
TS3 mostly eliminates the need for it. If your bills are unpaid, a popup will appear. Hit Yes, and they will instantly be paid, no sim will be queuestomped for the action.

Quote from: Pescado
you don't REALLY want to get women with HUGE EYEBROWS, either.
I might. Wink I might also want bearded ladies and unibrows!
Revise: You don't want that unless you are doing it DELIBERATELY.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2009 May 20, 16:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only played the game for about 1-2 hours, but I have a few annoyances.  I miss finding out information about my sim - like how fat are they on the fat scale?  Also, I have no clue how long pregnancies last or how to tell if mine is almost done.  Maybe there are icons or buttons that I'm missing somewhere (God knows there are enough of them), but it just seems like there is less info overall.  Also, babies need a lot more attention and stay babies for 3 days and toddlers for 6 - ick.
Pregnancies seem to be the standard three days, with one day before they realize they are pregnant. However, maternity days do not show on the UI and you have absolutely no way to go to work during them as it will tell you that your shift doesn't start until Xdays, Yhours.

Try moving a sim in buy mode while being up close on them. It's freaky. They move their heads.

*I'm not sure I understand yet what you need to do to get promotions at work.
Look at their career tab. On the right side, you'll see one or more smiley/frowny faces. There's probably one for mood. That one's obvious...go to work in a good mood. There may be others that will have a very short description, like "boss" or "coworkers" or "charismatic". There will be a pop-up when you mouse over to help you know how to fulfill those.

Press C for screenshots. Tab for camera mode. Those controls are all the same.

Another album, about 27 pics.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Rhayden
Retarded Reprobate

WaffleCat's ambassador to the Artichoke Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2009 May 20, 16:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you check the .exe date, you'll notice that it's about april !
that's means the version around the net of ts3 isn't the final release, but probably and RC. (Release Candidate)

So what you're saying is that EA has managed to discover a process where they can make modifications to the game up to the very minute it's put on shelves? Or perhaps you're just an idiot.
or maybe you shouldn't use a pc ? purchase a ps2 and play with tic-ta-toe it's more easy than interact with ppls :p

what i say is that "The Creation Date Of the .EXE FILE is About  APRIL"
so, if the game will be released in June that date is too far !

or ... maybe you aren't so smart to undrestand the EAxis marketing tactics Tongue

- this is, for sure, a far version from the gold version.
- gamecopyworld haven't actualy a noDvd solution for that game, and this can be another confirms about the ambiguity of this version
- i know a guy that build cure for GCW and what he says about this version is that is a bit too far from the release date to be the gold one, and a site like GCW patch only the released games.

so that's why I THINK, this isn't the final release.

BTW i wonder WHO THE FUCK U R to spit your crap on me
Fly low and connect the brain to the finger before post. thnx Tongue

I don't think you understand how pressing a CD works or what the term "going gold" means. I don't think you have any idea of what's really going on except you are intent on sucking up to EA. You should note that bootlicking goes over pretty badly here and neither does being a flaming moron. Enjoy your self-delusion, feel free to come back in a month or so when you get your "final" version and we will be glad to P&L at you.

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Rhayden.
Genlisae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: 2009 May 20, 16:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. The awful one family per neighborhood thing.  What happens if you set your family/neighborhood on a long life span/slow time?  Would it be easier to play more than one family this way without having your unplayed family get all fishbowled? 

For me, slowing ageing actually made it harder to play more than one family since the ageing slows for the current household only and the rest of the neighbourhood moves on at a "normal" rate.

Other options that seem like they would help the control freaks among us like lowering the autonomy level also seem to be for the current household only. Turning off story progression on the other hand doesn't seem to work at all as expected. For some it seems it doesn't work at all while I am finding it only works sometimes and not others.

My monitor says I am a geek. My keyboard says I am a dork. My daughter says I am a noob. Take your pick; they all apply.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2009 May 20, 16:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*I also miss my sim wardrobe auto bill payer. I had the repo guy show up because I was too busy to pay bills Tongue
TS3 mostly eliminates the need for it. If your bills are unpaid, a popup will appear. Hit Yes, and they will instantly be paid, no sim will be queuestomped for the action.

AND, as I discovered this morning, you have plenty of time to stuff all of your furniture/wall hangings into family inventory before the repo man actually gets there. This leaves him with nothing to take and unlike in TS2 he doesn't taunt you for being poor.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2009 May 20, 16:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, slowing ageing actually made it harder to play more than one family since the ageing slows for the current household only and the rest of the neighbourhood moves on at a "normal" rate.

Other options that seem like they would help the control freaks among us like lowering the autonomy level also seem to be for the current household only. Turning off story progression on the other hand doesn't seem to work at all as expected. For some it seems it doesn't work at all while I am finding it only works sometimes and not others.

The aging slider seems to work fine for me. I haven't checked toddlers/babies, but I've been playing my current family for about 20-30 days, and I checked some of the premades. Kaylynn is a teen, but that's because on the 960 days age setting, she has about 20 days left to teen. And Mortimer and Bella are both still children.

If the aging was household only, I'm sure they'd all be older by now. I could be wrong though!
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2009 May 20, 16:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What can you do in terms of changing the way the town looks?

You can't place new lots. Theres no hood deco. Is it only the lots themselves that can be modified then?
Can you extend lot sizes?
What about the trees on the grassland - if they're not hood deco, can they at least be moved?
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2009 May 20, 16:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Kaylynn Langerak is really a teen? What is she meant to be in TS2 then? A cougar? Cool Actually, I can totally see that.
Phoebe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2009 May 20, 17:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"No chairs? The toilet is the next most logical place to eat!"

Seriously though, I didn't have a dining room set and she went upstairs to eat on the toilet, WTF?

Fate is for those too weak to determine their own destiny.
SimKat
Asinine Airhead

Throws hissy fits.

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2009 May 20, 17:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh goody looks like they released a CAS Demo for the Apple stores,but you have too play it in store only.Also S.Africa is getting thier game May26th.Wonderful. Roll Eyes

Don\'t take life too seriously,you don\'t get out alive anyways.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2009 May 20, 17:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phoebe I think that is trait based, either inapropriate or insane. Maybe a combination of the two.
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2009 May 20, 17:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Kaylynn Langerak is really a teen? What is she meant to be in TS2 then? A cougar? Cool Actually, I can totally see that.

Nope she starts off as a child with the base neighborhood. But she's not all that far away from teen, and she is one in my neighborhood currently. And Bella and Mortimer aren't.

Which means according to Sims 3 timeline, Kaylynn is actually older than Mortimer and Bella. O.o Kinda strange.
Netich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2009 May 20, 17:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. Does anyone know where are all the sims from screenshots and marketing?. i cant find them. Maybe in the downloadable neighbourhood?

In general im enjoying the game. i also use to play just one house, so no problem with that. One thing i find strange: all the watches, rings, etc, are just for one hand??

The blur is just untolerable. Some blur for the parts isnt enough??

I find the CAS powerfull, you can create extreme sims:

With TAB you can go anywhere!

Have a nice day!
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2009 May 20, 17:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Netich that is not an extreme sim. Have you seen some of the mutants you can make in TS2? Fire up body shop and have a look for yourself!
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: 2009 May 20, 17:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, just grow up Tessa Ramirez...

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Phoebe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2009 May 20, 17:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phoebe I think that is trait based, either inapropriate or insane. Maybe a combination of the two.

This particular sim has the traits: Genuis, Artistic, Ambitious, Friendly, and Computer Whiz.

In the house all I have is a stove, fridge, bed and bathroom. Maybe someone can see if they can replicate? I don't think it's trait based as the sim doesn't have any bad traits...

Fate is for those too weak to determine their own destiny.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2009 May 20, 17:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think so, at least not those traits. I had the same experience as Phoebe did. I assumed that it was because of a lack of chairs in the house.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2009 May 20, 17:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In general im enjoying the game. i also use to play just one house, so no problem with that. One thing i find strange: all the watches, rings, etc, are just for one hand??

When you click on the watch/ring/whatever, does an arrow appear at the bottom-left of the thumbnail?  Try clicking that.

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2009 May 20, 17:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the toilet as a chair, must just be the crappy chair coding which the FOJ has explained in more detail.
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2009 May 20, 17:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh goody looks like they released a CAS Demo for the Apple stores,but you have too play it in store only.Also S.Africa is getting thier game May26th.Wonderful. Roll Eyes

I bet the Beatniks will love that... all those rabid Sim fans taking up their display computers for the next two weeks.  Because Apple stores aren't busy enough normally.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: