More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:34:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111747 times)
noretus
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #225 on: 2009 May 19, 19:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played for... way too long. Several several hours.

The Bad:
Interface is cluttered, like Pescado said. Bothers me a little
Its' hard to make different looking Sims. Sliders are there but the change they make is rather small. You manage but it takes some teethgritting and going back and forth the sliders. All Sims tend to be very round faced and look pretty much like you see in the screenshots and videos. Very hard to get away from it.
Way too little clothing/hair styles. CAST makes up for it a little but still, shapes are shapes.
Skins look better then I expected but still have this icky plastic sheen.
Makeup looks fugly and phoney. Looks decent with natural colors that are close to skincolor but any more radical colors look terrible and don't fit the face at all.
Sims are still god damn stupid. I get a lot of whining for not being able to sit down when another Sim already went there. Siblings/parents/etc ( twins! ) still refuse to go to bathroom/toilet at the same time ( no privacy plx! ), presumably if they aren't RLY GUD FRIENDZ ( my two Sims who were lovers didnt' seem to mind eachother ).
They said there won't be as much having to go to pee. But it's there, oh it's there.
Skillgrinding. Much more so then in Sims 2 I feel.
Testing Cheats don't give the usual pie-menu as in Sims 2 Sad no playing around with stuff. Can still move motives and such and reassign Traits / force aging to older.
In the end, not a whole lot to do. Get a job, breed, grind skills, repeat. Of course I'm kind of a stupid Sims player.
Babies look hella creepy.
Some things are just plain confusing: no idea how to get married :S No idea how to force-age toddlers/babies before 6pm on their birthday ( birthday cake made my adult age to elder, doh... might've been because I had Testing Cheats enabled ).
STUFF takes forever to do. Between skilling, working and taking care of basic needs, I feel like there is little to no time to be social. It may All Be In My Head though since I'm a stupid Sims player. Having more then one Sim in the household adds to the stressfullness :/

The Good:
CAST. Deserves all the woohaa there is of it. My only problem with it is that I have hard time focusing down on what I want since the choices are nearly limitless.
Sims look prettier. They aren't beautiful, but at least they aren't as ugly as in Sims 2 ( without CC ).
Game runs fast. For now. And my puter isn't amaizing HC gamer rig. More like a Sunday gamer rig.
Interactions based on your Traits are fun. The moodlets ( buffs/debuffs ) are also a bit funny. My Neurotic Sim sometimes gets a small debuff for not checking the faucet for leaking and a buff if he checks it.
More freedom with placing objects is for the win.

Shall go back to lurking nao.
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2009 May 19, 19:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some tech sites are alleging that the leaked copy was, in fact, from the digital download version of the game--an edition we have been told *would* include securom and phoning home. It's not clear as yet whether or not EAxis has violated its promise about the retail edition, so perhaps we oughtn't jump the gun on it.
Lyndon Baines Johnson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2009 May 19, 19:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, so if we play another household our other playable households will start reproducing with townies without our control?  Huh
Lyndon Baines Johnson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009 May 19, 19:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some tech sites are alleging that the leaked copy was, in fact, from the digital download version of the game--an edition we have been told *would* include securom and phoning home. It's not clear as yet whether or not EAxis has violated its promise about the retail edition, so perhaps we oughtn't jump the gun on it.

If it was a digital download, then why do we have to use a no-CD crack with it or whatever? I think it's the CD/DVD version.  Smiley
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2009 May 19, 19:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Testing Cheats don't give the usual pie-menu as in Sims 2 Sad no playing around with stuff. Can still move motives and such and reassign Traits / force aging to older.

How did you turn them on? Using "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" as in the last game doesn't work.
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2009 May 19, 19:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you check the .exe date, you'll notice that it's about april !
that's means the version around the net of ts3 isn't the final release, but probably and RC. (Release Candidate)

Woah, interesting! Can anyone else confirm this?
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2009 May 19, 19:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyways, figured I would register to give people good news...

MATY is not exactly a place where you can bounce in and say "No, it's great!".  If you really want to convey your positive impression of the game you're going to have to do better than that.  Why are the things that bother everyone else not bothering you?  What are the things that make it worthwhile?  People are posting these sorts of impressions, and they're interesting to read in a way that "This game is good, losers" is never going to be.

but I see that y'all are all just EA haters at heart and stuck on the thought that this game is trash

Most of us hate EA because 1) They install nastyware on our computers in a futile attempt at copy protection and 2) We see the potential in the Sims games, and hate to see how badly EA screws them over with lack of bug-testing, listening to the community, etc.

I agree.  If ttech had read the entire forum, he would have noticed that the important thing when posting about the game is to include facts with your opinions.  The Sims 2 has attracted so many different sorts of players throughout the years that it's impossible to simply say "it's great" and expect everyone to share your opinion.  Instead, a good poster (Pes, Za, etc.) will say why he/she does or does not like the game -- and will give information beyond what we can find on the official site.  Do I think I'll end up liking TS3 more than 90% of the people here at MATY? Yes.  Do I think that gives me the right to disparage the forum and its regular patrons/founders?  Hell to the no.

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
Rhayden
Retarded Reprobate

WaffleCat's ambassador to the Artichoke Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2009 May 19, 19:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you check the .exe date, you'll notice that it's about april !
that's means the version around the net of ts3 isn't the final release, but probably and RC. (Release Candidate)

So what you're saying is that EA has managed to discover a process where they can make modifications to the game up to the very minute it's put on shelves? Or perhaps you're just an idiot.

Some tech sites are alleging that the leaked copy was, in fact, from the digital download version of the game

Smells like EA-based cover-up.

Uh, so if we play another household our other playable households will start reproducing with townies without our control?  Huh

BAD NEWBIE! NO DOUBLE-POSTING!

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Rhayden.
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2009 May 19, 19:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it was a digital download, then why do we have to use a no-CD crack with it or whatever? I think it's the CD/DVD version.  Smiley

Well, I'm just repeating the story I'd read. But were I to wager a guess, I'd say that the digital activation exists precisely for that reason; after it phones home, it would not require a crack (like Mass Effect or something).

Thankfully, using the crack and pointing out shortcuts at the exe instead of the launcher solves that. But I'm still optimistic that the retail DVD version won't have it. But I'm a sucker for positive thinking, so...
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2009 May 19, 19:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone with the game determined whether there are any supernatural creatures beside the ghosts? Even in the base game for TS2 sims could get abducted by aliens. Of course, I don't expect the range of creatures we have for TS2 + exps, gotta milk the fanbase as much as they possibly can, but I'm curious as I do have more fun with the vampires or witches. I'd check myself, but it's been 24 hours and I'm only at 56.7%. Hurr.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2009 May 19, 19:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, so if we play another household our other playable households will start reproducing with townies without our control?  Huh
Yes.

Several other posters have already pointed this out. However, the leaked version DOES contain a disc image. Probably won't know for sure until June 2nd, though.

Copying styles is actually pretty easy, if not obvious. In Buy/Build, click on the Create-A-Style button (the palette). You can create as normal, or you can click on an existing object part and drag to another object, then pick the "section" to be matched.
I didn't realize this, thanks for the tip. I'm all for having my Sims' houses coordinating properly, but don't particularly want to spend hours on end making sure the bedspread matches the curtains.  Tongue

How did you turn them on? Using "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" as in the last game doesn't work.
Just remove the "boolprop".

Has anyone with the game determined whether there are any supernatural creatures beside the ghosts? Even in the base game for TS2 sims could get abducted by aliens. Of course, I don't expect the range of creatures we have for TS2 + exps, gotta milk the fanbase as much as they possibly can, but I'm curious as I do have more fun with the vampires or witches. I'd check myself, but it's been 24 hours and I'm only at 56.7%. Hurr.
As far as I can tell, there are no aliens or vampires, which admittedly sucks. Somebody else feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I sing along with elevator music.
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2009 May 19, 19:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, there are no aliens or vampires, which admittedly sucks. Somebody else feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

EAxis themselves have confirmed this in a number of interviews.  Their thought is that now that you can touch/talk to/woohoo/reproduce with ghosts, they are the base game's supernatural creature.  Anyone have a ghost baby yet?  I'm personally not such a big fan of the ghosties but am really curious as to what a "ghost baby" looks like and how it behaves.

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
Nightmare
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2009 May 19, 19:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're pretty much doomed to be shouted at. Only instead of people shouting at you for criticizing the game, you will be shouted at for your horrible grammar and abuse of punctuation.

Errr, Pes, she did apologize/explain any bad spelling/grammar/punctuation in her initial posting...
e.g.
Sorry if there is any spelling mistakes using my phone.

NOT an excuse, especially for the walloftext. You are on notice, too, choobooby, for suggesting that there is some kind of free pass for crackberriers. Besides, even if the phone explains the capitalization, it doesn't excuse the apostrophe abuse. Spelling and grammar count, people. Don't make me eat your heads.

I would like to see you upload a video where you show us your grammar skills when using a phone. Bitch.

Angi, donīt takee the gremmar murons tou seriuos hera.

This is MATY. Land of assholering and MOAR fight for the sake of fighting
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009 May 19, 19:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAxis themselves have confirmed this in a number of interviews.  Their thought is that now that you can touch/talk to/woohoo/reproduce with ghosts, they are the base game's supernatural creature.  Anyone have a ghost baby yet?  I'm personally not such a big fan of the ghosties but am really curious as to what a "ghost baby" looks like and how it behaves.

Ghost babies? That's a complete DNW for me. Reproducing with a ghost kinda negates the point of ghosts in the first place. :/
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2009 May 19, 19:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So has anyone tried to disable story progression, aging, and set the free-will to low? I was under the impression if we did those things basically families would be like they were in the Sims2, except they they would go to work and you would see them around town... they wouldn't make any big decisions on their own. And as for the wishes resetting, if you played different houses in the Sims2 often when going back to the original household, wants and fears would be reset.  Is the wish resetting somehow more of a problem to players than Sims2 want resetting?

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2009 May 19, 19:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... And as for the wishes resetting, if you played different houses in the Sims2 often when going back to the original household, wants and fears would be reset.  Is the wish resetting somehow more of a problem to players than Sims2 want resetting?

I've never had wants reset when switching between households. Unless a playable sim has gone on a date with another playable sim from a different household, I've never seen the wants change. Just me?

A proud thread pirate.
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2009 May 19, 19:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say, TS3 is more of a "game" than TS2 was. Unfortunately, GAMES have poor longevity. TS2 was a toy. You made your OWN games out of it. TS3 is a game: You play it their way, beat it, and dump it for the next shiny thing.

Aha. This is helpful to know.  Aside from everything else (the doughy looking Sims, the neighborhood aging), I don't think people who use TS2 for storytelling purposes are going to like this very much. Also, the Exchange problems going on right now are providing yet another example of classic EAxis customer support (i.e. none.)

(snipped out bit)

The more I'm seeing of Sims 3 the more it reminds me of a beefed up CONSOLE version of the sims 2 franchise.  All the collectibles (the giant bugs made me laugh) just smack of Sims 2 castaway.  While I enjoy Castaway, I've never played it with the level of addiction that I have sims 2.  Nor have I ever had the urge to make up little stories about my castaways.

While there are some things I've seen that look like they would be fun they just don't seem to warrant having to start over again with a base game.  I can just fire up the old PS2 and play the "gotta collect them all" game (or just play BV as it was intended) for a few hours without the hassle of no-cd cracks and all that annoyance.  And for the cost of sims 3, I could just round out my sims 2 game with the EP/SPs I don't have (that is if the SPs go on sale--what's with them still being so damn expensive!).

But since I'm nosey, can someone out there tell me how baby birthing goes down in sims 3.  Do you have to call for an ambulance to get the mother to the hospital (since she was shown bringing the cocoon baby home from a hospital)?

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Angelina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2009 May 19, 19:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what i played yesterday i had some opportunities pop up, but i didnt get any for the third space. Has anyone got any for this and if so what were they?    
Rhayden
Retarded Reprobate

WaffleCat's ambassador to the Artichoke Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009 May 19, 19:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're pretty much doomed to be shouted at. Only instead of people shouting at you for criticizing the game, you will be shouted at for your horrible grammar and abuse of punctuation.

Errr, Pes, she did apologize/explain any bad spelling/grammar/punctuation in her initial posting...
e.g.
Sorry if there is any spelling mistakes using my phone.

NOT an excuse, especially for the walloftext. You are on notice, too, choobooby, for suggesting that there is some kind of free pass for crackberriers. Besides, even if the phone explains the capitalization, it doesn't excuse the apostrophe abuse. Spelling and grammar count, people. Don't make me eat your heads.

I would like to see you upload a video where you show us your grammar skills when using a phone. Bitch.

Angi, donīt takee the gremmar murons tou seriuos hera.

This is MATY. Land of assholering and MOAR fight for the sake of fighting

Even when I had a crappy phone and had to T9 everything, I still used capitalization and punctuation. If you're against this, you're a complete waste of flesh and air.

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Rhayden.
Angelina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009 May 19, 20:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next time Im posting on this forum while using a computer, I shall type what I want to say into a word doc and check for errors.
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2009 May 19, 20:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest I find that some hairstyles from sims 3 look like the hair Peggy makes in
Sims 2. As if a rat ate some hair.
Tacuitacitum
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2009 May 19, 20:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*unlurk* please don't eat me Tongue

Good grief, this game has my graphics card (HD 3850) instantly jumping to 99% load and 70c before the opening intro has finished, nevermind actually playing the thing. I know ATI haven't got the best reputation for good cooling, but I've not got a single app or game that manages that, and it's not an old card.

If I may have a moment of tin-foil hat-ness, is this to be expected of a game of Sims 3 calibur and EA's notoriously inefficient coding, or is something more suspicious going on here, with the arr'ed files? (edit: suspicious .exe aside, since it's been found out and replaced) I'd expect high load for say, the neighborhood view, rendering shadows and reflections and whathaveyou. Not when the game is still loading up, during the menu, or a full system crash when my game is paused.

Back to actual gameplay, I second the major DNW of not being able to switch households. I like to build up my entire household and micromanage every relationship between them. Not having them breeding with random other sims when my back is turned, and losing progress when I want to switch. That just kills it for me, and for most of the Simmers I know.

I do like the moodlets, and the sims seem less moody overall to allow for skilling. The opportunities seem interesting to add to the mix, and while I like having more control over the facial proportions, they still all look far too chubby. I'm all for eliminating size 0s from modelling and the like, but some people that size do actually exist.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 19, 20:21:17 by Tacuitacitum » Logged
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2009 May 19, 20:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say that the game's graphics remind me very much of the "Desperate Housewives" game or Kudo's. As a matter of fact when my nieces got in from school they thought I was playing "DH". It's pretty interesting though. I just can't wait for mods/cheats/cc.

I do have a screenie I wasn't sure if I could post it here.

lemmiwinks
Buttlicker
Dead Member

Moar gayer than Jordi

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2009 May 19, 20:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next time Im posting on this forum while using a computer, I shall type what I want to say into a word doc and check for errors.

This is actually not a bad idea. Typing like a moron makes people think you are a moron. Do not do it if you expect help around here.

Please remember to click the "THANKS" button!
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009 May 19, 20:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So has anyone tried to disable story progression, aging, and set the free-will to low? I was under the impression if we did those things basically families would be like they were in the Sims2, except they they would go to work and you would see them around town... they wouldn't make any big decisions on their own.

I tried this and as far as I could tell, nothing major happened to my main family. However, the aging is an all-or-nothing deal, meaning that nobody was aging at all.

Actually, when I tried to play another family, I noticed something strange. One of my sims, Hank Goddard, is woohooing his female partner in law enforcement but didn't have her in his relationship panel at all when I played his family, and in fact had a completely different woman listed as being his partner. However, when I went back to play his partner's family, all the relationships were still intact.  Undecided Not sure what it means, but it doesn't seem to bode well.

ETA: Because I wasn't clear, I thought I should add that I played her family for about 10 sim days with aging and story progression on before I tried this, so she should definitely be in his relationship panel.

I sing along with elevator music.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: