More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:18:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111776 times)
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #125 on: 2009 May 19, 08:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were things I hated about the game but that I hoped were glitches or things I could fix in the 'options'. now i see more than just myself getting the same crap - the camera movement is sad.

I really like create a style though. I got sick of hearing the eaxians talk about it, but i guess it really was worth getting excited about.

I'm not sure I'll be able to stand the game in the long run or not. Why do the Sims walk so strangely?

Someone said when you zoom out you can pick a new house to play. how? all i get are filtering options and if i click a house i only get an option to visit the house i clicked with the Sim I am bound to. I've switched houses by going to "edit neighbourhood". is there an easier way?

Sims heads are too big and why the hell can't you make their eyebrows thicker or thinner?
lemmiwinks
Buttlicker
Dead Member

Moar gayer than Jordi

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 May 19, 08:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"absent-minded, insane, inappropriate, evil, grumpy sim"?
*Perk*
* lemmiwinks sits up and pays attention.

Please remember to click the "THANKS" button!
Rhayden
Retarded Reprobate

WaffleCat's ambassador to the Artichoke Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 May 19, 08:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tsk tsk, Inge, double posting?

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Rhayden.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 May 19, 08:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tsk tsk Rhaydon, tsk tsking?  Tongue

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2009 May 19, 08:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Double, double Witch, tsking doubles?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 May 19, 08:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whatever happened to that "asain-ness" slider??  Undecided
Khaleesi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 May 19, 08:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those screenshots are wholly unimpressive. This topic is just solidifying how much I DNW this game.
Lyndon Baines Johnson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 May 19, 08:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA destroyed the Sim City franchise with Sim City Societies, now they destroyed the Sims franchise with the shit heap they're calling The Sims 3.
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 May 19, 09:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found the my documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 directory. (I only saw EA Games in my documents)
In search for a way to put my own music in the game. And am a little dissapointed that you can have only 1
radiostation to place music: Custom Music.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 May 19, 10:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, so I joined to express my opinion about this game. The people making it sound horrible are over exaggerating, IMO.

Look ma! Is sheeple, can I pets it??

Don't you let that dirty thing follow you home Tasha...you're not keeping it.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
zceepy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 May 19, 10:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This will probably equate to zip but I noticed that although some news agencies have picked up on this already the BBC haven't so I sent them an email directing them to this thread. It would be nice to have our point of view at least looked at. Some of the other news articles are so ignorant, a brief over view of this thread would have solved their dozens of innacuracies (one suggested that EA are being punished for removing SecureRom - SecureRoms not gone you twit, if anything they're getting bad karma for lying to us. Not that I believe in Karma but anyhoo..)
X-Phile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 May 19, 10:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about playing different households.

In sims 2 you can go from 1 household to another in 1 click.
Is it in Sims 3 only possible to go to the "Main menu" then "start a new game"
to go to a different household?
When I play 1 family I can't see an other way to switch between households.

It begins to look like every household I play is a new neighborhood. I hope I explained it correctly.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2009 May 19, 10:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's called change active household. Let me see if I can remember how to do it, cause it is a pain in the arse to do.

Pinstar
Blathering Buffoon

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2009 May 19, 10:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh look, a bug.

Finally figured out why I couldn't get romantic actions between the couple or a status past best friend, despite their being best friends for over a week and having woohooed. It looks like the relationship levels score separately. Far as I can tell without actually seeing the code (like I would understand it fully), filling the score for a level prompts a pass through to the next. I never got the pass through. After verifying that it worked in another household, I went back to the trouble couple and enabled testing cheats. I lowered the relationship. Tried increasing to best friend and doing romantic actions. No kissing available, no romantic interest relationship level. Then manually dragged the relationship bar to the apex. Lo, one flirt later they were romantic interests. All went smoothly from there.

Is there any possibility that it might be there by design?.
One of the things that bugged me about TS2 was that any of a sim's friends/best friends could instantly be turned into lovers by a single romantic action. This new design might be there to make sure that romances start as romances, and friends stay friends past the critical point...

I'm not saying that is the best way to do things, just an observation.

Either that or it IS a indeed a bug and I've just spouted some nonsense.

What kind of Legacy will YOU leave?
Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 May 19, 11:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whatever happened to that "asain-ness" slider??  Undecided

I've been waiting for someone who has a copy of the game to mention this too, as this was one of things I was looking forward to. So far the sims I've seen in screenshots and gameplay vids have seemed very samey.

Also, I hate this whole enforced legacy gameplay business. Why, oh why couldn't they have made it so you can choose the autonomy level for individual households?

This dictatrix is not happy about losing control.

*bangs iron fist on table
Merlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 May 19, 11:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, is Securom only in the Download version? Because some are saying this...
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: 2009 May 19, 11:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We won't be sure until the game comes out, but that is the rumour.

Merlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 May 19, 11:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah okay thanks. I was just wondering because people are arguing about it on another forum, one saying it's in the game, the other that it's only in the download version.
Whatever. Didn't "Bon Voyage" has Securom already either?
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2009 May 19, 11:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, all titles from BV had securom. EA are giving lies and propaganda that Securom is not on the disc for TS3, but the only way I can see that happening is if the version on the torrents is a pre-release. I'm more inclined to believe they lied.

Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 May 19, 11:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What SecruROM? You are obviously downloading from the wrong group if securom has infected your system, don't use the launcher the usual stuff. My copy is clean, when properly no-cd cracked. If your version has it, get a new crack or iso.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2009 May 19, 11:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The NFO lists it as being securom protected, but I have obviously ensured that I am securom free.

Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 May 19, 11:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, so I joined to express my opinion about this game. The people making it sound horrible are over exaggerating, IMO.
Look ma! Is sheeple, can I pets it??
Don't you let that dirty thing follow you home Tasha...you're not keeping it.
But I could keep it in the yard and train it up real good!

Actually, with this sort of kneejerk, pointless reaction, you guys are acting more like sheep than ttech is. Whoever they are is obviously un-sheeplike enough to have arred the game, for one thing. Additionally, they have taken their time to post a capitalised, grammatical, correctly spelt post outlining a few points of interest, to which they have attached screen shots. They didn't say the game was unequivocally great, nor did they say that it was irredeemably bad; they simply noted their experience with the game so far and added their opinion that it was not so black as some would paint it.

As for the rubbish about it being their first post and, therefore, not to be trusted, the insinuation is childish and invalid. Imagine that there is another forum, one which Pes, say, is not yet a member of but that you are. Imagine there is an ongoing discussion to which Pes, newly joined, contibutes his first post. Do you automatically dismiss his observations as incorrect and untrustable because he is a 'noob'? If so, then you are an idiot. Judge a post on its content not just on the poster's join date.

People are allowed to have differing opinions, you know, especially when they are prepared to present them in a cogent and considered manner. Sometimes, some of you behave like the coke-fiends of my acquaintance who treat anyone who doesn't want to partake of their drug of choice as though they are engaging in some sort of moral attack when, in fact, they are merely expressing a personal choice.

Not dead but gone by four.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 May 19, 11:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, BV and all TS2 EPs/EPs released after BV had SecuROM.  <looks like I was ninja'd by Skadi on that point>

The torrent sites are including the following instructions with their TS3 download:
2. Burn or mount the image.

That suggests that the torrent is an image of a disk-based copy.  The torrent sites also advise that the copy protection on the uncracked version was SecuROM, so it looks like the disk-based copy may indeed have SecuROM.

Of course, this is merely speculation based on the available evidence, and I will be happy if I am proved wrong when the game is released.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2009 May 19, 11:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps Pes isn't the best example there FB.

Merlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 May 19, 11:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA confirmed several times that there will be no Securom on the disk: http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=9c697e66b53cb9826ee6a642c297d163&directoryID=225&startRow=1&openItemID=item.225,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23#3dd4e4f42bb309388dfc6c17cf007a2b
I'm so hoping this is true...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: