More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:51:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111855 times)
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #100 on: 2009 May 19, 03:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I created my sim, there were three voices I could select from and then a pitch shifter which apparently did nothing.

Huh. Good to know.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 May 19, 03:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About a month, but TS2's scriptcode was very similar to TS1's. TS2 also wasn't encrypted to prevent modification.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 May 19, 03:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh hey, I just remembered:

Did the "choose the Sim's voice" feature make it to the release, or was that all L&P?

When I created my sim, there were three voices I could select from and then a pitch shifter which apparently did nothing.

Really? In some of the videos that got taken down from YouTube I saw them use the pitch shifter and it sounded like it made a difference to me ... They didn't spend too long on it though.
Kaoz
Asinine Airhead

Born, bred and ready for war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2009 May 19, 03:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've read in this thread (And yes, I read all 6 pages) this game doesn't sound like it's even worth the CD it's coded on. And that's with the obviously pros the game has. It's the cons...and the MASSIVE amount of them that have pretty much turned me off to TS3 like it was a fat, ugly chick that smelled like bacon and gym socks. I'll be saving my $50 for something I'll actually not regret buying after 2 hours.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 May 19, 06:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I almost hate to ask this, but has anyone had any luck with an arr'd version for Mac?  I'm away from PC's until the release, sadly...If this is a beta version, leaked from a preview, I would understand it not being around.  If, however, this is the release version, leaked through the manufacturer or the like, shouldn't a Mac-capable copy be floating around somewhere?  I can't find it, but I suck with the arr'ing.

Like Splotch, if you have a reasonably new mac with an intel processor, you should be able to play. Early reporting suggests the crack works. I am about 4 hours away from being able to try it out myself, but I probably won't get to it until tomorrow evening.

lemmiwinks
Buttlicker
Dead Member

Moar gayer than Jordi

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 May 19, 06:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've read in this thread (And yes, I read all 6 pages) this game doesn't sound like it's even worth the CD it's coded on. And that's with the obviously pros the game has. It's the cons...and the MASSIVE amount of them that have pretty much turned me off to TS3 like it was a fat, ugly chick that smelled like bacon and gym socks. I'll be saving my $50 for something I'll actually not regret buying after 2 hours.

Quoted for posterity.
Man, are you in the wrong forum.
Go back to the chans where you can be a sexist internet tough guy without being called on it. Here, you are going to be shredded, your head eaten and forgotten about.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 19, 06:21:48 by lemmiwinks » Logged

Please remember to click the "THANKS" button!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 May 19, 06:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the pics & videos I've seen, this seems to have a TS1 look & feel to it (e.g. the thumbnails of the sims).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 May 19, 06:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh look, a bug.

Finally figured out why I couldn't get romantic actions between the couple or a status past best friend, despite their being best friends for over a week and having woohooed. It looks like the relationship levels score separately. Far as I can tell without actually seeing the code (like I would understand it fully), filling the score for a level prompts a pass through to the next. I never got the pass through. After verifying that it worked in another household, I went back to the trouble couple and enabled testing cheats. I lowered the relationship. Tried increasing to best friend and doing romantic actions. No kissing available, no romantic interest relationship level. Then manually dragged the relationship bar to the apex. Lo, one flirt later they were romantic interests. All went smoothly from there.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
FilthyOaf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 May 19, 07:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

personally, I like it when you're riding your bike and cars just run you over from behind and then *pop* there you are again at the back of the car, still pedaling away like the car was just a piece of scenery animation...oh wait!  It was.

I regard you with an indifference closely bordering on aversion. - Robert Louis Stevenson, 1882
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 May 19, 07:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding to the teach toddler to talk mention earlier, yeah, the script is pretty screwed up. Twice I've had both parent and toddler freeze completely, only remedied by deletion of subjects and reloading the family, of course losing all wishes in the progress. Only major glitch I've really spotted so far other than typical Sims gameplay quirks. Care is advised when teaching your spawn how to talk.
ttech
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 May 19, 07:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, so I joined to express my opinion about this game. The people making it sound horrible are over exaggerating, IMO. I just got done playing for a few minutes and it was pretty fun, I'm actually trying to do all this as quick as possible so I can hop back on.

The graphics look good and the camera is nice, though I still haven't gotten used to the new UI on the bottom.

I went to the park and found some random guy sleeping on the ground, that was interesting. So anyways, I hit SHIFT+CTRL+C (I think is it) and it brought up the console. I tried the 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' and it told me that 'boolprop' was unknown so I tried just the latter... and it WORKED! Awesome, now, because I can wonder around town and check everything out without having to worry about completing things like eating, sleeping, etc.

Anyways, back to the game itself. Without giving anything away, really, the added options are pretty cool (especially the trait specific ones). Also I DO have to agree that there aren't too many appearance options like hair and clothing. I can see that probably being annoying if we can't mod the game.

Here's some photos showing the game. They're downscaled, the actual res is 1680x1050. Sorry if they're too big, I tried to find a spoiler or hide tag, but couldn't.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2009 May 19, 07:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sims don't have shadows.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
lemmiwinks
Buttlicker
Dead Member

Moar gayer than Jordi

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 May 19, 07:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whut? They do in the pics right above your post.

Rhayden
Retarded Reprobate

WaffleCat's ambassador to the Artichoke Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 May 19, 07:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The people making it sound horrible are over exaggerating, IMO.

One post Tasty Tourist knows more than KBC, news at 11.

Your tea cosy is boiling your brains again.

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Rhayden.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 May 19, 07:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought i'd mention this since NPCs now go through pregnancies properly.  It's now possible to impregnate half the women in the town and get an insane amount of kids from doing so.  I decided to give it a go to see just how many the guy can spawn.

Anyone else think this would make a nifty TS3 challenge?
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 2009 May 19, 07:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, the Sims does not have spoilers.  This is not the kind of game where you get to the end and find out that Snape killed Dumbledore.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2009 May 19, 07:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whut? They do in the pics right above your post.

I don't see any sim shadows.  I see shadows of the objects not the sims.  The sims do not throw shadows on the table they are sitting at nor do you see their head above the table in the shadow on the ground

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 2009 May 19, 07:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, two of the sims' shadows by the picnic table are behind the table/other sims.  You can see the other sim's shadow to the right of white-skirt-wearing woman's butt.

lemmiwinks
Buttlicker
Dead Member

Moar gayer than Jordi

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 May 19, 07:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect a tight tea cosy.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2009 May 19, 07:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, two of the sims' shadows by the picnic table are behind the table/other sims.  You can see the other sim's shadow to the right of white-skirt-wearing woman's butt.

Ok I see them now.  That's a relief!  There's something not quite right still, but anyway it's better than nothing.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: 2009 May 19, 07:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect a tight tea cosy.

You're nothing but an Uncouth Undesirable Tongue

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2009 May 19, 07:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least they included leftovers and rugs in the base game.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 May 19, 07:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, so I joined to express my opinion about this game. The people making it sound horrible are over exaggerating, IMO. I just got done playing for a few minutes and it was pretty fun, I'm actually trying to do all this as quick as possible so I can hop back on.

Cheers, those are the first images I've seen. I love the flowers and the surround detail, pity they've managed to lose sim detail in the pudgieness.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2009 May 19, 08:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, ttech, are you going to "spoil" us?  What kinds of social interactions does your absent-minded, insane, inappropriate, evil, grumpy sim have?

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 May 19, 08:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to get a report from someone who has spent at least a couple of hours playing the game.  Thanks, that was great.

Oops, sorry Pescado, I forgot how much you hate thanks.  Still, your report in the first post of this thread suggests you spent more time in the game than the person I just quoted.

Now to decide who I trust more when it comes to The Sims games: the person who has kept my game playable for the past 4 or 5 years, or some random person making their first post.  Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: grammar
« Last Edit: 2009 May 19, 08:11:40 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: