More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:51:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111807 times)
milesaway
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #2050 on: 2009 June 03, 04:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm....perhaps the putty-like skin can be de-puttified...maybe there is a way to disable the bump map if you can get into the code... bleh...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: 2009 June 03, 06:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've about had it with Build mode. I moved my heir (hello enforced Legacy play) to that horrible lot with all the trash in the front yard and the broken fence bits, because I figured that with nearly $300k, I could make a great remodel. Everything went perfectly until I tried to place windows and doors.

Placing windows on the first floor in TS3 feels like placing windows on the 12th floor in TS2. The camera jerks and it takes forever to get it to snap in place. Then, if you happen to cross the path of a placed window with another window or a door, the wall fills in the glass and you have to snap the damned thing again.

This:

Has taken me a good hour and a half, and it's just a facade.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: 2009 June 03, 06:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if it's possible to export sims/clothing/houses from the Reloaded version and import them into the official version?  I like the ones I made and I don't want to have to try to recreate them.  Has anyone tried it?

You should be able to. I did it from Reloaded version to Razor version. I just snagged my Sims files from My Documents. Uninstalled, reinstalled, ran game to regenerate files and then just dropped them back in place. Anyway, all of the Lots and Sims have a Share button if you are concerned with mixing files. I haven't bothered exploring the clothes options.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
VeilSethekk
Horrible Halfwit

Nothing less.

View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: 2009 June 03, 07:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if the in-game Music for TS3 is in .package files that can be extracted to get the individual music files for them as how it was in TS2? I can't seem to find any .package files that could have those, and the only music files that I've found so far are those select tracks in the Custom Music folder.

Yes, there's nothing else to see here.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: 2009 June 03, 07:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the RLD --> RZR upgrade is just two folders of game files (Game and GameData). Is it just a matter of swapping those out (after backing up the working ones elewhere)?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2055 on: 2009 June 03, 07:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHERE are the fireplaces? I have wasted 10 minutes looking for them. Am I that blind?

Nevermind...

Check out my strategy/sim game project: Start-a-town!
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: 2009 June 03, 07:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

resetsim name name has never worked for me. I told the dad to read to the toddler, so he put the kid in the high chair. Then took him out. Then put him in. Then took him out. So I got fed up and sold the high chair. The kid vanished with it. I have been unable to recover him, despite him still showing in the family picture and the relationships being intact.

Resetsim is not the solution for a deleted Sim, it is the alternative to deleting a Sim.  If a Sim gets stuck in an action or refuses to respond, you use resetSim to essentially recreate the Sim near his home.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: 2009 June 03, 07:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Escapist Show about TS3. Bonus: a shout out to the pirates. Sort of.
Featuring *twitch* ugly children and a guy with a boring voice.

INEPT INTP
Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2058 on: 2009 June 03, 08:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's brilliant. "Viewing" decorative items placed on fireplaces result in complaining that the FIREPLACE is in the way. That's gotta be the finest example of programming I will ever see.

Check out my strategy/sim game project: Start-a-town!
Hraklis
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: 2009 June 03, 08:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've about had it with Build mode. I moved my heir (hello enforced Legacy play) to that horrible lot with all the trash in the front yard and the broken fence bits, because I figured that with nearly $300k, I could make a great remodel. Everything went perfectly until I tried to place windows and doors.

Placing windows on the first floor in TS3 feels like placing windows on the 12th floor in TS2. The camera jerks and it takes forever to get it to snap in place. Then, if you happen to cross the path of a placed window with another window or a door, the wall fills in the glass and you have to snap the damned thing again.

This:

Has taken me a good hour and a half, and it's just a facade.

Believe me I can feel you.....Camera sucks in sims 3....I enjoyed very much building in TS1 and TS2 but in TS3 I dont want to build anymore...:/
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2060 on: 2009 June 03, 08:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I found a new bug - if a babysitter is holding a baby when the adult comes home, then after collecting the $75, the babysitter jumps and disappears, leaving the baby on the floor.  At least the baby doesn't disappear with them.

Also, resetting NPCs causes them to disappear.  I had some stuck babysitters that I lost this way, though thankfully my sim wasn't at work and was able to come home.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: 2009 June 03, 08:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: rufio link=topic=14987.msg437069#msg437069date=1244018987
Also, resetting NPCs causes them to disappear.  I had some stuck babysitters that I lost this way, though thankfully my sim wasn't at work and was able to come home.

Resetsim puts the Sim back at their home lot, so I guess NPCs get zapped back to whatever invisilot it is they inhabit.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 03, 10:20:28 by Roflganger » Logged

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: 2009 June 03, 09:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I found a new bug - if a babysitter is holding a baby when the adult comes home, then after collecting the $75, the babysitter jumps and disappears, leaving the baby on the floor.  At least the baby doesn't disappear with them.

I've gotten that several times, and in the old house the baby would always end up outside.  So weird.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: 2009 June 03, 10:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can deal with the Camera for now, after all they are just ini files. Someone who knows what they are looking at will modify them. Aikea_Guinea already modified the Free Camera one for picture taking. It removes that drift you get. She's apparently going to look into the normal game play camera as well. The way it moves makes her sick ...same for me really.
She posted a link to her "fixed" freecam setting here:
http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=12179.msg344565#msg344565
« Last Edit: 2009 June 03, 10:48:07 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: 2009 June 03, 10:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just played with a magnet toy and I realized: this is exactly how build mode fills. Everything sticks to each other so fast, and you have to apply some force to unstick it and make it stick the right way. Aghh!
sparkleisacolor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: 2009 June 03, 14:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When your sim visits someone else's house, can they not use everything in the house like they're at home? Example: I sent my pregnant sim across the street to meet the neighbors, and she had to pee real bad while she was there. She chatted with a couple of them for a minute, then went to use their bathroom. Instead of using the toilet, she proceeded to pee all over herself while standing in front of the toilet. Multiple times. She continuously peed herself for a good five RL minutes before I finally managed to get her to run back to her own house, leaving the neighbor's bathroom flooded with piss.

I would have been annoyed, but I rather enjoyed watching her distress.

I'm thinking maybe it's because she didn't know the neighbors well enough? I mean, I wasn't trying to have her eat out of their fridge, she just had to pee.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: 2009 June 03, 15:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of using the toilet, she proceeded to pee all over herself while standing in front of the toilet. Multiple times. She continuously peed herself for a good five RL minutes before I finally managed to get her to run back to her own house, leaving the neighbor's bathroom flooded with piss.

I see Rod Humble's sense of humour at work, here. Guaranteed it's deliberate.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: 2009 June 03, 15:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can deal with the Camera for now, after all they are just ini files. Someone who knows what they are looking at will modify them. Aikea_Guinea already modified the Free Camera one for picture taking. It removes that drift you get. She's apparently going to look into the normal game play camera as well. The way it moves makes her sick ...same for me really.
She posted a link to her "fixed" freecam setting here:
http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=12179.msg344565#msg344565
Oh, thank goodness. It's just on the line of my nausea factor. I can tell that a little more jerk would do me in. Will definitely try this one for the time being.

I love that house; it was supposed to be a country cabin to match the surroundings, but somehow veered off into Spanish Revival. But after all that time spent building a house that really had no complicated features, I could barely get myself to do anything more than cut the rooms. Almost all the houses in the game are one or two bedroom models, some with gargantuan waste-o-space living rooms. They're better than TS2, but still not what I need. I need to start building my own.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
AfroSinTrick
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: 2009 June 03, 17:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been enjoying the game for the most part, but I do think there is a large margin for improvement.  There are so many little things that seem left out of Sims 3.  I'm not nitpicking, but I like little realistic touches here and there. For example, the "brush teeth" interaction looks much more realistic in Sims 2.  It just looks like they gave up on it in Sims 3.  There is that weird looking mouth foam one minute and the next it's just gone. Again, not a big thing, but I miss the detail.

My only major issue so far is with the wedding parties.  I had no problems setting one up, and I really love that parties can be held on community lots.  My problem is there are no wedding items that I have been able to locate. Where is the cake and champagne for toasting? I love the interaction with the Sims cutting the cake and feeding each other. I can't believe no one thought that wedding items were worth including. If they are going to include them in an expansion, I can't help but feel gipped since they were available in the Sims 2 base game.
Manderin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: 2009 June 03, 17:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

resetsim name name has never worked for me. I told the dad to read to the toddler, so he put the kid in the high chair. Then took him out. Then put him in. Then took him out. So I got fed up and sold the high chair. The kid vanished with it. I have been unable to recover him, despite him still showing in the family picture and the relationships being intact.

Resetsim is not the solution for a deleted Sim, it is the alternative to deleting a Sim.  If a Sim gets stuck in an action or refuses to respond, you use resetSim to essentially recreate the Sim near his home.
Maybe I'm dumb, but from the description, I thought it should fix this. ): Does that mean that there is no solution to deleted Sims? The kid was cute.
I did save as so I could go back to some point, but I'd rather not go that far back. I just want to interject the kid back into the family. Sigh.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2070 on: 2009 June 03, 17:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most likely we'll have to BUY a wedding cake and champagne. Tongue Can you say SIMS 3 CELEBRATION STUFF? ;p
VegaBlack
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: 2009 June 03, 18:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm dumb, but from the description, I thought it should fix this. ): Does that mean that there is no solution to deleted Sims? The kid was cute.
I did save as so I could go back to some point, but I'd rather not go that far back. I just want to interject the kid back into the family. Sigh.

Try this: Go into Edit Town mode and see if the kid is still a part of the household. If he is, grab someone random from the sim bin and move them in and then out again. This should reset the household and the kid should be standing by the mail box, with all opportunities/wishes gone and an empty inventory. It's a pain in ass but it's the only way I've found to retrieve missing sims.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2072 on: 2009 June 03, 18:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do ghost babbyz grow up, or are they babby forever? This has been eating away at me for some time.

ETA: nevermind. found out the answer. They do. Heh. creepy.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 03, 20:27:11 by nekonoai » Logged
VacantBlue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: 2009 June 03, 20:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking maybe it's because she didn't know the neighbors well enough? I mean, I wasn't trying to have her eat out of their fridge, she just had to pee.

If you want to believe the Prima Guide, yes, you are correct.  According to the guide, you have to build up the relationship in order to use the bathroom at another Sim's home.  I have not tested this myself.

hooptytrib
Asinine Airhead

INTP. Delinquent LULZpayer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2074 on: 2009 June 03, 20:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While working up a list of mutually exclusive traits, I have learned a sim cannot be both Grumpy and Hot Headed.

What is this... this... UNHOLINESS?!

*head explodes*
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: