More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:16:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do you satisfy a "get a pet want" with/without wfsanity?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do you satisfy a "get a pet want" with/without wfsanity?  (Read 4972 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
How do you satisfy a "get a pet want" with/without wfsanity?
« on: 2009 March 30, 10:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took out wfsanity and sims rolled a lot of "get pet" wants.  I like the idea, so I've locked them on at least 3 lots.  Now I discover that adopting a stray doesn't satisfy the wants.  Makes me want to strangle whoever wrote that code.  I found an old thread so it's a known problem.  That thread pointed out that moving in a CAS made pet doesn't work either.  So, being suspicious, I thought I'd ask "what does work?" before using my playables with pet LTWs to sell/give them pets.  1 and 2 obviously, but how about the others?

1. adopt a pet from the pet adoption service by phone
2. take the sim shopping to a community lot pet shop

3. be given a pet by another sim
4. buy a pet off another sim
5. take the sim shopping to an owned business
6. come home with a pet bought on a community lot while you were not controlling them 
7. come home with a pet sold to you on an OFB business lot while you were not controlling them
8. have a puppy/kitten born on the lot

any other options?

I tried satisfying the want by ctrl-clicking on it, but it refused to roll. wtf?  ctrl-click worked on the other 3 wants, but that one just wouldn't roll.  It's locked, but I think I unlocked it and tried too.  It was very bizarre!..... and very annoying! 

The old thread includes this post -
In my experience adopting a stray also won't satisfy the "get a pet" want.  Adopting a pet by phone or buying one at a pet store are the only ways I have seen that want satisfied in my game (I haven't tried fufilling it by having my pets have puppies or kittens yet).  I'm really disappointed that the adopting a stray interaction isn't counted because it takes more work than just buying a pet and sometimes my sims don't have enough money for a pet, but still get the want.
My elderly sim is broke too & adopting a stray was perfect...

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: How do you satisfy a "get a pet want" with/without wfsanity?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 30, 12:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wfsanity is one of my favorite mods, I'd never take it out, so I luckily don't get a lot of get pet wants. But when I do get them, I've had them fulfilled by buying pets from owned businesses. This also fulfills the wants of Sims in the household who didn't go on the shopping trip. (6 & 7 on your list).
I've also seen the get kitten want fulfilled by the birth of kittens. (no. Cool
I agree with you about how hard it sucks that adopting a stray doesn't fulfill the want, it doesn't even fulfill the specific 'stray pet's name' joins family want.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 30, 12:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Occasionally I like a little insanity.  It's less interesting and a little too easy if all the wants make sense.  I'll put it wfsanity back in again when the annoyance factor outweighs the amusement.  I mention it because I don't know if wfsanity does anything other than reduce the frequency of pet wants.

Another family member acquiring a pet wasn't what I meant by 6 or 7, but you make a good point.  I should have thought to ask that as well. Smiley  What I meant was the situation stomped by 'noautopetbuy' where you go to play a family and get the pop-up message "your sim has come home with a pet - do you want to keep it?".  I don't use 'noautopetbuy' - again those little surprises keep things interesting.  Every time you go to a pet shop, you risk adding pets to more households than the one you were playing. 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 31, 10:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever your sim aquires a pet by any other means than buying or adopting, just ctrl-click on the want and it will be satisfied, they will get the asp and it will re-roll. Not cheating really as they do have a pet. Wink

caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 31, 11:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can't you just create a pet with CAS and stick it in their house, that's what I do?   I can't be bothered with all the rigmarole of going to the pet shop

Did you even read the question? It's about how to satisfy 'get pet' wants, not about what is the laziest way to add pets to the family.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 31, 12:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can't you just create a pet with CAS and stick it in their house, that's what I do?   I can't be bothered with all the rigmarole of going to the pet shop
The thread I quoted says you can't satisfy the want like that. Are you then using ctrl-click to satisfy the want or does it roll normally?

Whenever your sim aquires a pet by any other means than buying or adopting, just ctrl-click on the want and it will be satisfied, they will get the asp and it will re-roll. Not cheating really as they do have a pet. Wink
Actually I can't - DK why not, but ctrl-click refused to work on that want.  It worked fine on the other 3, so I'm puzzled.  There was other weirdness at the time & I've yet to go back to the lot and see if deleting thumbnails & caches fixed all the problems.

What I'm really in the mood to do  is play a sim with a pet LTW and set them up as a pet supplier to all the would-be pet owners.  Killing 2 birds with one stone is always so satisfying.  I'd really like to know, before I start, whether it will work properly or whether there is more weirdness in there. Either way - I'd be interested in a hack if anyone is in the mood to make one.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: