More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 03:41:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can't Click on Some Pie Menu Options
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't Click on Some Pie Menu Options  (Read 3407 times)
Shiny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Can't Click on Some Pie Menu Options
« on: 2009 March 31, 19:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just made a new, totally clean hood yesterday using empty templates. I made one sim and moved her into a 5x5 lot. The only new things I've downloaded lately are Pooklet's default face templates. Whenever I click on an object or sim and attempt to click on the "More..." option on any pie menu, I have to click like 400 times before it will register. All other pie menu options work just fine, and once I do succeed in clicking More, I have no problems with the new options.

Known bug? Hood's dead before it began? I haven't tried other hoods yet.
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Can't Click on Some Pie Menu Options
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 01, 13:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See this thread:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,14287.msg409136.html#msg409136
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 01, 13:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so you can delete cache files, etc. and restart the game.  That might sometimes help, if the other thread is anything to go on.

This sounds a bit like a kind of memory, processing power, or lag problem.  Can you add more RAM, optimize your system a bit (Paladin's Place has some tips in the tutorials section)?  Would updating video drivers help?  Those are the sorts of things I'd look into, if it was me, which it isn't.

This isn't Vista related, is it?  Isn't Vista a memory pig?

Tribulatio proxima est
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 01, 18:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is it a custom terrain from SC4 with zillions of trees on it?  I've had personal experience of huge lag from that... 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Shiny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 02, 01:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, exactly. Not just me, then. I doubt it's got anything to do with my computer's resources; it's pretty friggin' sweet.

ETA: No Vista here. And no custom terrain. Nothing else lags - it's not really even lag. Just impossible to click buttons.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 02, 06:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem not being able to click on "more" a while back and as I remember it fixed itself eventually.  At that point I had a really laggy hood from trees on the terrain I'd used, tons of gossip etc etc.  I know I deleted trees, gossip, cleaned up with the lot debugger and checked all my hacks were up to date, but DK what fixed it - sorry.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: