More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 23:53:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New 12/24/11: New job hacks and inlaws fix update]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New 12/24/11: New job hacks and inlaws fix update]  (Read 92052 times)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [Update: Seasons/BV version of bookshelfhack]
« Reply #25 on: 2009 March 17, 20:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's what was happening with me - the books disappear when they try to study one of the four skills out of a loose book when directed via the bookshelf.

It would be nice to figure out why the golden covers don't show up anymore, though... *continues delving through EAxis code*

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [Update: two new hacks]
« Reply #26 on: 2009 April 02, 06:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Double-posting to bump thread)

Today's theme is Modding Other People's Mods.  There is now a supplement to ancienthighway's AL-compatible lotfullofsims, and a variation on TripleM's aligment change hacks.  See the first post for details.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2009 April 02, 08:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's funny, Ancient's LFOS hack work's just fine for me. It says you can't move the sims in when you use the 'propose-move in' social as the household exceeds 8 members, but they still move in anyway.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2009 April 02, 08:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the option just doesn't show up for me at all.  I tried it with an adult with 100/100 relationship with movee before and after putting in my hack, and it only showed up with it in.  If I get the one sim to marry the other sim, that will move them in just fine, but there is still no "Propose...Move In" option.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2009 April 02, 14:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must have something conflicting in your downloads folder then Cheesy

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2009 April 03, 00:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, on further investigation, I think I must have just messed up while testing, because you're right, it does work.   Roll Eyes  However, the thing with the pets really does not work.  I'll remove the unnecessary BHAV and rename the hack.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [Update: moar hacks]
« Reply #31 on: 2009 April 10, 08:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two new hacks:  LTWNumbersTweaks and NoApartmentCarWantSpam.  PBwiki seems to be broken this evening, and all of my attempts to actually edit the page have been fail, so I've just linked them directly to the first post for now.  Well, they seemed to have fixed it now, so the links are now up on the page.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 10, 08:41:51 by rufio » Logged

Sysa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 April 10, 12:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NoInappropriateLoveWants is not on your wiki page, was it removed for a reason I couldn't find in the thread?
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2009 April 12, 16:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, because it didn't work.  Tongue  I'll update the first post; I didn't realize it was still listed.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 April 18, 16:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was unaware that Sims could get abducted from the Dancesphere! I'd heard 'rumours' but never seen it. Do any specific criteria need to be filled before it is possible?

Thanks for the ServosDon'tSleep file. If EAxis were smart enough make sure you could call vampires at night, why not Servos? Come to think of it, PlantSims don't sleep either. They can't! At least I never get any options for PlantSims to sleep, only relax.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2009 April 19, 09:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it's only sims that have been previously abducted with the telescope that can be abducted by using the dance sphere, and I believe it only happens when they use it on "hard"; when they are spinning in the middle they will sometimes disappear for several hours, and if they are male they come back alien pregnant.

Can you call plantsims between 2 AM and 7 AM?  I don't have any, so I don't know, although there doesn't appear to be anything in the code about them.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 April 19, 21:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I've ever tried to call a PlantSim at that time actually. I shall have to now as I have plenty who I could try with.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio [New: AntiGoodWitchIdleAnims]
« Reply #37 on: 2009 May 04, 20:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added a new hack: AntiGoodWitchIdleAnims, which axes the retarded Good witch idle animations.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous hacks by rufio
« Reply #38 on: 2009 May 05, 01:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NoInappropriateLoveWants*:  Sims will no longer roll wants to fall in love again if they are engaged or married to the only person they love, thus causing the game to think that they don't love anyone.
I've never seen this happen, and I crack down on stuff like this real fast. What you're PROBABLY seeing is that they aren't actually in love, for whatever reason (past issues/noinstantlove/arranged marriage hacks), but you cannot see this because the engaged/married ring icon occupies the slot where the love heart icon would be, hogging the slot so you can't tell whether the love thing is there or not.

Why did they do that? It would have made more sense for it to replace the crush icon, since a sim cannot love someone without having a crush on them.But instead, it replaces the icon which must be maintained in order for your sims to have a healthy marriage (I know I sound like a counselor.)

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 May 06, 07:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope it's okay to post this here - I don't want to continue derailing the Sustainably Simming Challenge thread.

In regards to the creepy Closer Family Redo hack you made, it does work, in that it allows all romantic interactions between relatives, but it also seems to have blocked all the normal family interactions between relatives also.  For example, the 'family kiss' is no longer there, and parents can no longer 'encourage' their children.  The original allowed both family and romantic interactions, and I was wondering if you could  possibly alter it to allow both, if you have time.  I could even upload the original if you want to look at it to see how it was done.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2009 May 06, 15:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing 'AlienPregnancyForFemales' I have noticed that the skilling bar does not appear over the heads of stargazing sims on the expensive telescope. They still gain the points, however.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2009 May 06, 16:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In regards to the creepy Closer Family Redo hack you made, it does work, in that it allows all romantic interactions between relatives, but it also seems to have blocked all the normal family interactions between relatives also.  For example, the 'family kiss' is no longer there, and parents can no longer 'encourage' their children.  The original allowed both family and romantic interactions, and I was wondering if you could  possibly alter it to allow both, if you have time.  I could even upload the original if you want to look at it to see how it was done.

Yes; I probably should have mentioned that in that thread.  I think I can probably fix it, actually - I believe that at some point while making the extendedfamily hack (off of which the incesthack is based) I had something similar happen (i.e. romantic relationships were gone, but family kiss/etc. was not there).  I'll do some tests to figure out which BHAV it was that I modded to change that.  I would be interested to see how the original Closer Family hack did it, though.

Since installing 'AlienPregnancyForFemales' I have noticed that the skilling bar does not appear over the heads of stargazing sims on the expensive telescope. They still gain the points, however.

I will look into it.  Is your latest EP AL, or something else?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2009 May 06, 18:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NVM, I just played and it is showing now.  Wink

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2009 May 06, 19:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Treble - I think this version should do what you want.

* incesthack.package (0.7 KB - downloaded 555 times.)

Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 May 08, 10:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that one works great - both family and romantic interactions are there.  Now even the weird families can encourage their kids.  Thank you.   Smiley
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 May 08, 14:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally got around to trying to call a plantsim in the early hours of the morning. It seems EAXIS got something right as they can be called and spoken to when a regular Sim would be asleep.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 May 09, 16:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a problem with SellableNovels.
For some reason the books don't appear OFB ready. As in, I can't place them on shelving units. Is there any possible fix for this, because I just had Mr. Reed buy the 3 in 1 bookstore with the sole purpose of publishing the custom novels my sims make.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 May 09, 18:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it you don't sell much CC in your shops?  In general, no CC objects are placeable on OFB shelves.  Though the novels aren't strictly CC, they were never meant to be sold.  Put them out on tables, instead.  The hack will work as advertised.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 May 09, 19:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But if I do that,not only will it be an inefficient use of space, but will look ugly. Is there any possible way to make the novels storable on shelves?

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2009 May 09, 19:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably, but I'm not going to write it.  If you think it really wastes too much space, you could probably fit extra novels onto the same table with OMSPs - I've never actually used them, personally, but it seems like it would work.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: