More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:24:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What exactly is wrong with Mrs. Crumplebottom?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What exactly is wrong with Mrs. Crumplebottom?  (Read 23620 times)
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: What exactly is wrong with Mrs. Crumplebottom?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 March 21, 11:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a vampire bite Mrs. C while I was otherwise occupied with 2 Sims having sex across the room. When I saw what was happening I shouted OH SHIT! I thought my game was going to crash. I had JM's vampwerewolves mod and I think it saved my game from crashing. I have Seasons now and still use that mod. For some reason the creature fix mod doesn't work as good. I had vampires biting the hell out of NPCs, Townies, and Playable Sims. I put the vampwerewolves mod back in and now when the vamps show up they just blah all the time. Unless, of course, you make friends with them. Thanks JM for your cool mods.

Sim Pirate
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 March 23, 06:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh...you know, the creaturefixes mod and the vampwerewolf mod is the same thing, except renamed, right? You're saying you had a crumplebottom attack even with that installed? You're certain?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 March 23, 07:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh...you know, the creaturefixes mod and the vampwerewolf mod is the same thing, except renamed, right? You're saying you had a crumplebottom attack even with that installed? You're certain?

Yes, for sure. But she didn't change to a vamp and the game didn't crash. She just kind of jumped for a second. Since I put the creaturefixes mod in the vamps went wild. So the only thing I could think of was maybe since the creaturefixes was for EPs later then Seasons that was why. Since they are the exact same mod, then I really don't know why that happened.  So I put the vampwerewolf mod back in and so far no problems. Although I keep an eye out for Vamps when I'm playing a community lot. I read once where if you change the properties on the Object.package file to Read Only then even if Mrs. C gets bit it won't crash your game. So I had that changed too. Just trying to cover all bases.

Sim Pirate
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 March 27, 16:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, for sure. But she didn't change to a vamp and the game didn't crash. She just kind of jumped for a second. Since I put the creaturefixes mod in the vamps went wild. ...I read once where if you change the properties on the Object.package file to Read Only then even if Mrs. C gets bit it won't crash your game. So I had that changed too. Just trying to cover all bases.

Something does not sound right here.  I have had Mrs.C and the grand vampire in the same comm lot several times and the grand vampire sits and chats, dances the night away, and uses the dance sphere, but does not bite anyone.  I would suspect a hack conflict or other such "tight pants" if you have the vampwerefixes installed and it is not working to specs.  This might also be why, when the vampire bites someone in your game, you get a "jump".  Jump is generally a sign of an error.  Do you play with "testingcheatsenabled true" (debug mode on)?

Tribulatio proxima est
Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 March 27, 16:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Things you CAN do:
3. Hijack Mrs. Crumplebottom's code to create sim-Vtardrancher.

Can you explain how I can do this? Which code do I have to change?
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 March 28, 00:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, for sure. But she didn't change to a vamp and the game didn't crash. She just kind of jumped for a second. Since I put the creaturefixes mod in the vamps went wild. ...I read once where if you change the properties on the Object.package file to Read Only then even if Mrs. C gets bit it won't crash your game. So I had that changed too. Just trying to cover all bases.

Something does not sound right here.  I have had Mrs.C and the grand vampire in the same comm lot several times and the grand vampire sits and chats, dances the night away, and uses the dance sphere, but does not bite anyone.  I would suspect a hack conflict or other such "tight pants" if you have the vampwerefixes installed and it is not working to specs.  This might also be why, when the vampire bites someone in your game, you get a "jump".  Jump is generally a sign of an error.  Do you play with "testingcheatsenabled true" (debug mode on)?
The only vampire mods showing a conflict is shaklins vampire bite mod. Squinges vampire sleep naked mod does not show any conflict. I know it is non awesome but its one of those mods I frequently use. It allows me to control my sim vampires with the option to bite and turn someone into a vampire, or bite and kill them, or bite and add or subtract days to their lives which can make them pass out. I lode it after Pescados mod. I thought Pescado said in the creaturefix mod that it was updated. I am non awesome so I can only guess that what ever was updated shouldn't affect the mod. But since I put vampwerefixes back in, my vamps stopped going on a biting spree but I've been keeping an eye on them just in case.

Sim Pirate
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 March 28, 11:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're probably conflicting anyway, even if the detector doesn't spot those conflicts. Pes' vamp/creature fixes have - relatively speaking - complex BHAV modifications: they're not simple tweaks of already existing BHAVs.
When I was trying to make a mod for vampire behaviour, I had to work a lot, and roll a huge part of creaturefixes in it, to have it play nicely and preserve the fixes.

From what I saw, I would say that any mod involving vampires will conflict with creaturefixes. What probably happened in jerryking game is that the Non Awesome(tm) mod was loaded after creaturefixes (thus overriding its code) and the later addeed vampwerefix overrode the Non Awesome(tm) mod, thus reinstating the fix.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
cascaneda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 April 03, 03:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange, I could never make her selectable. The only option in the pie menu when I shift-click on her was "force error".
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 April 04, 07:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're probably conflicting anyway, even if the detector doesn't spot those conflicts. Pes' vamp/creature fixes have - relatively speaking - complex BHAV modifications: they're not simple tweaks of already existing BHAVs.
When I was trying to make a mod for vampire behaviour, I had to work a lot, and roll a huge part of creaturefixes in it, to have it play nicely and preserve the fixes.

From what I saw, I would say that any mod involving vampires will conflict with creaturefixes. What probably happened in jerryking game is that the Non Awesome(tm) mod was loaded after creaturefixes (thus overriding its code) and the later addeed vampwerefix overrode the Non Awesome(tm) mod, thus reinstating the fix.
Marhis you got it right. Everything is back to normal since Shaklins mod loads first. Thanks!

Sim Pirate
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 April 06, 22:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hardly ever see her anymore in sims2,  when I do she is usually bowling but in sims1 she was a holy terror.

She used to beat my sims half to death with that darn purse if they even flirted. 

I had some kind of hack where she came to your house in sims1,  she would beat you up in your own house for making out, even if you were married.   Sheesh!!   Grin

I had some kind of hack where she would wear an old fashion 1920 bathing outfit too,  it was a hoot.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2009 April 07, 06:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember when she used to get in the hot-tub naked, then forget to get dressed if she jumped out to beat up sims for romantic socials...she had the body of a man! Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 April 07, 06:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some kind of hack where she came to your house in sims1,  she would beat you up in your own house for making out, even if you were married.   Sheesh!!   Grin
Marriages didn't actually exist in Sims 1. They had something CALLED that, but it was just move in. There wasn't an actual marriage.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 April 07, 10:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're reading too much into it. The simple explanation is simply that the "Default Gender" of a sims in TS1 was "male", and "special NPCs", which had their behaviorset severely limited, simply never concerned themselves with it. The opposite is true in TS2, which is why the Grim Reaper, for instance, tags as "Female" instead.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 April 07, 13:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're reading too much into it. The simple explanation is simply that the "Default Gender" of a sims in TS1 was "male", and "special NPCs", which had their behaviorset severely limited, simply never concerned themselves with it. The opposite is true in TS2, which is why the Grim Reaper, for instance, tags as "Female" instead.

What?  Are you saying the 'RL' GR isn't female?  How do you know?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: