More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 22:32:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question for object creators/modders
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question for object creators/modders  (Read 2189 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Question for object creators/modders
« on: 2005 November 14, 10:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I am a downloadaholic in recovery, and my question is as i start to trash some of these excess objects will it mess up my game. Ex. At 123 Anyname St. I used joe Blows  new dresser(with a new mesh) and i delete it. Will the game screw up when it goes to load that lot and that object is no longer in the game?  Sorry if this is not coherient i've been deleting downloads again for about the last 12 hours. In one week off the download wagon i found myself back up over 6 GB.

Linda

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Question for object creators/modders
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 14, 10:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the object is still there but the mesh is missing, you can get problems.  At the worst, you may not be able to enter the lot at all without the game crashing.  However, if you reload the game and move the family out and bulldoze the affected lot, you can carry on playing, no game data should be damaged.

It's less of a problem to delete a whole object as the game copes fine with objects missing - it sets them back to some other default object.   But if the object is there and some of its graphics parts are missing (or renamed internally by SimPe) - that's when it all falls apart.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 14, 10:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you oh great one. lol I appreciate that. I make sure and delete mesh and recolors but i wanted to know if there would be a fire ball in my future lo.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 14, 16:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I delete an object I tend to search through the whole of my PC to get every copy I have stored away in backups etc., as well.  should also find any recolours done by other people which may not be with the original mesh (if for example they are stored in the game by site, as I do, or if the file number includes the name of the recololorer first.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: