More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:11:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a way to change townie's clothes in nightlife?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a way to change townie's clothes in nightlife?  (Read 7665 times)
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Is there a way to change townie's clothes in nightlife?
« on: 2005 November 14, 09:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found a way yet to change townie's clothes in nightlife?  I used to do this using Merola's mirror.  Now when I try that, I can buy clothes, but "plan outfit" doesn't work.

I really want to be able to do this again.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Is there a way to change townie's clothes in nightlife?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 14, 13:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Inge's bush to temporarily move them in (that automatically makes them selectable) then I plan their outfit, then I use the bush again to move them back to the townie bin.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 14, 14:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep one special house in an obscure section of my neighborhood for things like this.  It's inhabited by Tom O'Townie, and his sole purpose is for customizing townies/NPCs.

His lot comes armed with several hacked objects including the teleporter painting, the InSiminator (for make-overs, skill adjustment, etc.), and the computer that allows you to buy clothes on-line.   I basically summon a townie, make him/her selectable (but not part of the household), do whatever adjustments are necessary, make them unselectable again, then have Tom shoo them off the lot.  Tom in a no-one.  Don't play him at all, and keep all his needs up with cheat codes.

I keep a similar lot in my university neighborhood just so I don't run into any issues if I have to make changes to a young adult/student.

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 15, 02:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arse! I used Tom's Clothing Tester on a sim yesterday. I noticed his work went bizarre (the game suddenly promoted him to level 10), but I just used the Clothing Tester to set him back to level 6, as he should be. I thought that was the only problem with it.

Now he is ok (because he goes to work in his own car), but his partner's work is messed up. There I was thinking it was just another bug in Nightlife... (The partner got back from a date to be told he'd missed work and had the day's Paid Vacation deducted, although he returned at 4.50pm and wasn't due at work until 6pm. His carpool came as usual, but he only went to work for a few hours, then suddenly appeared back in the house at 8.30pm).

Is there any way to un-hose this? I can paste across old copies of the character files, or even an entire old version of Neighbourhood.package, but would rather keep the rest of it if possible...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 15, 03:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to un-hose this? I can paste across old copies of the character files, or even an entire old version of Neighbourhood.package, but would rather keep the rest of it if possible...

Usually I find replacing either the lot or the character files, or both, quite helpful. Sometimes its a screwup w/the sim, sometimes its with the lot. Replacing both should keep your bases covered.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 15, 08:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Danny's Change Outfit and Appearance tool has been updated for nightlife, lets you change their turn ons/offs as well. His site is DMA sims, I think the url is valdea.com - his own npcs have turned into a right muckabout to get changed, though. You used to be able to do them with Merola's mirror, but not anymore.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 15, 08:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tom in a no-one.  Don't play him at all, and keep all his needs up with cheat codes.

My PY2Plant is more convenient for this purpose.  Set once, and forget Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 15, 16:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the plan outfit with boolprop with no probs so it probably is a combination of things that caused the problems with the carpool but I did come into probs when I tryed to use it on a townie downtown(I knew I couldn't change his outfit,but I thought that i might be able to get him out of his work clothes) That was a big mistake.  It rendered him invisible and it was a bugger to fix him.  Why oh why did they have to change plan outfit--life was so simple then.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 15, 16:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Allen, I use your exact method for changing townie makeup, hair, etc.  But I've found that with the Nightlife expansion I can't change the clothing of anyone that isn't living on the lot.  Have you found a way around this?

I use the Insiminator to make the sim selectable, and then purchase clothing with monica's hacked computer, but when I send the sim to a dresser to change clothing, none of the new clothing appears.

If anyone is able to change townie clothing using Allen's above method, may I ask exactly what dresser item you're using to make the change?

Just a reminder to anyone doing this, DO NOT USE Tom's Clothing changer (the item that you can spawn with boolprop test cheat).  This item will hose your game up by making sims not able to go to school or work via the car pool--the carpool icon will pop up then immediately disappear.  It took me forever to track down this problem in my game, and I'm still not sure of the root cause, but I think I've narrowed it down to the Tom's Clothing changer item.  Be careful.

I guess I haven't tried the computer with downtownies now that you mention it.

I'm betting it has something to do with the fact that playable sims who live downtown have to do their food and clothing shopping in downtown.  Have you tried setting up the computer on a downtown lot and changing their clothing there?

My PY2Plant is more convenient for this purpose.  Set once, and forget Smiley

Thanks, Inge!  Cheesy
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 15, 22:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Danny's Change Outfit and Appearance tool has been updated for nightlife, lets you change their turn ons/offs as well. His site is DMA sims, I think the url is valdea.com - his own npcs have turned into a right muckabout to get changed, though. You used to be able to do them with Merola's mirror, but not anymore.

So Vector, I'm assuming I have to install one of his NPC packages to be able to use the 'change outfit appearance' feature.  Is there a special dresser or other object that I then have a selected townie use, or do all dressers now have the ability to let them do this?  I too am going nuts.  Townies and Dormies have such horrific fashion sense.

"Chaos, panic, disorder; my work here is done."
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 15, 23:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is this outfit/appearance tool? I've looked all over the site, and I can't find anything to that effect.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 18, 02:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just going to bump this, cuz this issue is really bothering me...

So...does anyone have a NL compatible method to do this?
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 18, 16:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry giuys, forgot to check this thread.

The Outfit and appearance changer is part of his woohoo npc pack - but you can bin the NPCs themselves if you don't want them. The filename is obj_COA or something like that.
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 18, 19:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Vector!  Will give it a shot.  Ummmmmm.........when you say "bin' the NPC's, I guess you mean chuck 'em, right?  Tongue Sorry, I'm not the brightest lantern on the patio.  I need a little hand-holdin' sometimes.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 18, 19:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the Clothing Tool not work on townies? You could make them selectable, then tell them to use it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 18, 20:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the Clothing Tool not work on townies? You could make them selectable, then tell them to use it.

Yeah, that's what we used to do, but with NL though you can make them selectable and have them buy clothing, when they go to a dresser to 'plan outfit' no clothing options come up.  The pop up box just has 'em standin' there all neked..........and no clothes to choose from.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 18, 23:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It now only works on them if they are a full resident. If I make them selectable via testingcheats, or the mind control mirror or the insimenator etc etc as ilikefishfood said, the tool ends up blank. However, if I use the Ingelogical shrub to move them in I can plan their outfits just fine and then immediately afterwards use the shrub to move them right back into the townie bin.

Doing that honestly doesn't take any more steps than making them selectable so it really doesn't make much difference to me which way I get their outfit changed as long as it gets changed. *shrug*

ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 18, 23:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I have been doing, but I can't do it with dormies, cuz lord knows what'll happen to them when I move that back out.....I think they're a seperate family pool from regular townies.  I know downtownies are, and rumour has it changing their duds is a no-no.  Have you tried it with dormies Motoki?  What happens?  I really want to do it, but I'm too chicken, man.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 19, 00:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're in the regular townie pool like the rest. You can check in SimPE Smiley

Pretty much all non playable sims are either in the townie or the npc household or the downtownie household now with NL. The only other household I can think of offhand for nonplayable sims is the adoptee household where kids who get taken away by the social worker go.

So in short, yes you can do it with dormies, I've done it and it works fine. If you want to do it with npcs the Insiminator has a family tree sectional you can spawn that lets you move sims back into the npc bin. And the grand vamps are in the npc household, not the downtownie one btw.

Downtownies are a bit trickier. If you use the bush it makes them a regular townie. Sad You can always move them back to the downtownie household in SimPE. Honestly, I haven't messed with them though. Most of them look halfway decent to me, not butt ugly deformed gorilla fashion victims like the regular townies and dormies.

Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 19, 00:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I have been doing, but I can't do it with dormies, cuz lord knows what'll happen to them when I move that back out.....I think they're a seperate family pool from regular townies.  I know downtownies are, and rumour has it changing their duds is a no-no.  Have you tried it with dormies Motoki?  What happens?  I really want to do it, but I'm too chicken, man.

I have been doing this with dormies ro quite some time (I use Insim though) and have had no real problems.  When I send my sims to uni, I try to find them mates, and as we all know, maxis made sims are extermely fugly.  It took me a while to figrure it out, but thank god I did.

Edit : Ya beat me to the post button, Motoki

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 19, 00:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Vector!  Will give it a shot.  Ummmmmm.........when you say "bin' the NPC's, I guess you mean chuck 'em, right?  Tongue Sorry, I'm not the brightest lantern on the patio.  I need a little hand-holdin' sometimes.

Yep, you can chuck every file in the starter pack if you only want the outfit changer.

Btw, the COA doesn't work on NPCs - that takes more mucking about.
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 19, 01:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: