More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 09:57:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My sims have Parkinsons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sims have Parkinsons  (Read 6631 times)
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
My sims have Parkinsons
« on: 2005 November 18, 14:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help they are all bobble heads! Mostly townies in my custom hood, but some of my cas sims have it too.

They just keep shaking thier head left to right just a little bit, not a whole lot, but I wonder if it is a symptom of a bad hack, oh the hacks I have...

I have:
 inteen
noschool (no bus)
nofamily limit
lizzie's waterbed
INge's Teleport Bush
Inge's Payable Workout equipment and buffet table
Inge's Customer Bush
Inge's family only and targetable door
Homework skilling- which I need to remove cause they don't go to school
Inge's school desk

I can't remember any others.

Are we (my sims & I) suffering Burnination?
« Last Edit: 2005 November 18, 14:30:13 by lovemysims » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: My sims have Parkinsons
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 14:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have lesswhiny by any chance? If so, yank it.

I think Pescado needs to put a big neon sign on that hack that says DO NOT USE WITH NL Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 14:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No "No whiney".
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 18, 14:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea then. I'll give the old standard advice I give in these situations, temporarily moved downloads and savedsims to the desktop or somewhere else, run the game (it should load fast), don't save just see if you still have the problem. This is just to rule out a corrupted install or messed up lot etc. Once you do that I'd start taking out some hacks and seening what happens. I've never had the problem with Inge's stuff, so maybe start with some of the others?

Run Sims2pack Clean Installer too. Check downloads and all its subdirectories and look for anything in red. If it's a name you don't recognize or you somehow end up have duplicates get rid of it. If it's something you recognize then hold onto it of course. If the filename is all scrambled up into letters and numbers and it's highlighted in red then yank it.

lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 18, 16:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks will do tonite- Just love how I spend my weekends, plus I found an update to inteen, so I will try that first.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 18, 16:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, it's irritating. That's why I get sick of the game sometimes. You either have to put up with bland clothing and items and annoying "features" or spend all your time in file management. Tongue

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 18, 17:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that problem too, but don't have the "whiney" hack. When they are standing still they tremble constantly. Not as noticeable when the game is running in slow mode, but very noticeable on the second speed.

Also, my nanny tends to come onto the lot and "freeze". Yesterday I had to hit reset for the entire time the parents were at work so the social worker wouldn't come. After the parents arrived home, I deleted her and changed the nanny's schedule to "Just for Now", rather than "track schedule" and things were ok.  This along with toddlers and children rolling wants of "buy clothes" and "buy handheld device". I've had babies want to buy a flower or tree before, but clothes and cellphones? Hello?

Weird, I tell you, just weird.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 18, 17:29:04 by MsMaria » Logged

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 18, 17:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help they are all bobble heads! Mostly townies in my custom hood, but some of my cas sims have it too.

They just keep shaking thier head left to right just a little bit, not a whole lot, but I wonder if it is a symptom of a bad hack, oh the hacks I have...

*has Silent Hill and Jacob's Ladder flashbacks*
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 18, 17:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They tend to bobble heads when they are waiting for something;ie,waiting to be greeted.  I think it is normal.  I wouldn't worry about it or less you can't interact with them or their querys drop.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 18, 19:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just wondering if maybe the noschool hack is conflicting with the Inteen, with it having its own options for school and related stuff.  Can't see why it would cause this problem if it was, but it's surprising what can cause what. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 18, 21:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no school hack Just stops the bus. He said that is all that it does. Who is he- ohh I don't remember. Gotta go find out. The problem I have is that thier head still shakes when they are talking and doing other things, but I will remove my downloads as soon as I get home tonight, then I will know if it is my hacks or the game. I sure hope it's not- the very few hacks I have Just make the game a little more like real life to me, except for the home schooling, but that's cause the simCity school system is sorely lacking, my kids don't learn a thing in 8 Hours. SO I just school them at home for 2 hours, then skill them for 5. The teens can go to work rested and can skip gawd awful university, cause they have made really good use of the very long teenage stage. Oh Maxis, why don't they learn at school, they get all these good grades, but they dont learn anything! Cry
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 18, 21:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen this come and go in my game. The trembling and head shaking looks like the animation after a sim drinks coffee. It seems most noticeable - as someone has already mentioned - when someone walking by the lot stops and is waiting to see if they are going to be greeted. I don't know what starts it but when I notice it happening, it seems like almost every sim does this. And then just as suddenly as it appears, it stops. I haven't noticed any ill effects on the game.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 18, 21:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe this is caused by any mods because I've had it in my game since practically day one.  As others have said, it's always been most noticeable when sims are standing out on the lawn.

At first I was thinking it was a passer-by sim trying to resist the urge to pick up the newspaper and read it--you know, with so many of them coming to the yard, picking up the newspaper and reading it and all that. LOL

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 18, 21:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen this come and go in my game. The trembling and head shaking looks like the animation after a sim drinks coffee. It seems most noticeable - as someone has already mentioned - when someone walking by the lot stops and is waiting to see if they are going to be greeted. I don't know what starts it but when I notice it happening, it seems like almost every sim does this. And then just as suddenly as it appears, it stops. I haven't noticed any ill effects on the game.

Ditto, it seems to come and go, affecting some occassionally. I never use coffee and rarely use expresso, I think it's just a wee little glitch.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 18, 23:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I did it- removed all costum content, doesn't load hat much faster. The good news is they still have it. seems to happen more the more sims you have on a lot. Thank for your help everybody. Jeez Maxis you gotta do better!
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 18, 23:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm it's just a weird glitch. I've had it happen in games full of custom content and games with absolutely none.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 19, 01:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I did it- removed all costum content, doesn't load hat much faster. The good news is they still have it. seems to happen more the more sims you have on a lot. Thank for your help everybody. Jeez Maxis you gotta do better!
my game doent have that weird glitch yet knock on wood and I have 9 sims in one house

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: