More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:03:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis house of Phail: March 09
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis house of Phail: March 09  (Read 98457 times)
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
Re: EAxis house of Phail: March 09
« Reply #75 on: 2009 March 20, 00:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question that probably should go on a different thread but I'm not really sure where so I'll just ask it here. I would like to know if there is any way to make a corner lot. Also, if you have a Maxis made corner lot (like the Broke one) is there any way to change the "front" of the lot to the other street edge so a driveway can be placed there?

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 March 20, 05:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question that probably should go on a different thread but I'm not really sure where so I'll just ask it here. I would like to know if there is any way to make a corner lot.

Here's a tutorial on how to create a corner lot:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost.php?p=1778052&postcount=11

Or, use the LotAdjuster.  There's an advanced option to allow you to add and subtract roads from a lot.  You may also need to expand the lot to hold the new road.

Also, if you have a Maxis made corner lot (like the Broke one) is there any way to change the "front" of the lot to the other street edge so a driveway can be placed there?

Yes, it should be very easy.  You just need to change the U11 value to match the new front of the lot.  There's just one caveat: if you have one or more roads on a lot, you must have a road at the "front".  The tutorial above has a link to an explanation of the U10 and U11 fields.

There's also a tutorial about how to rotate a lot here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=255110

If you need more help with this, I can walk you though it.  However, it might be better to start a new thread... this really isn't the right place for this.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 20, 05:17:54 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 March 21, 00:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still fighting my frustration with the size of this lot (would shrink it if I could, but of course it has to go over the bounds). I have the structure done. External is about 2/3 done. Internal is only about half done. It's a community lot despite the mailbox and trashcan still sitting there, designed to be a general-use lot for a college, but it will definitely work for regular 'hood use.

My college is all built to match and complement this lot by Stoffelsim.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gillian
Asinine Airhead

have no picture, nor space for a thousand words

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 March 21, 09:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Completely gutted and re roofed. Attempted Awsomespec. Plenty of huge windows to display expensive acquisitions. Pool moved outside and patio retained on boring level. No pictures on the walls. Cost nearly 250 000 simoleons!

floor plan of boring level with 3 beds for spawn,family bath,main bed with en-suite shower and alien viewing deck and small attic room for whatever.

Viewing deck consists of entrance with games of hustle, public bathroom, study, menagerie with own patio, live music area, TV room, kitchen and dining.

TV room

Study with one desk and huge aquarium

rooftop basketball with burninators.

View of pet breeding patio, outside pool, and workshop area behind pool.

back

front

entrance with lockable stairway

Barbecue area showing one exit to back
If you want it, I have posted on the exchange http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=801954

« Last Edit: 2009 March 21, 09:54:41 by Gillianagain » Logged
allon_midbar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 March 21, 15:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, this is my first post at MATY & my first attempt at renovating an "EAxis" house. Feel free to point & laugh. Cheesy

GONDOLA GRANDISSIMA
Price: §161,957
Bedrooms: 1 master suite, 4 kids/teens, 1 nursery
Bathrooms: 3 full, 1 half

No CC. I tried to meet AwesomeSpecs as much as I could, e.g., perimeter fencing, lockable stairs & kitchen, main viewing deck, etc. I have all EPs. For SPs I have GL, H&M, TS, K&B, IKEA, M&G.

Front Overview

Back Overview

First Floor Plan

Second Floor Plan

Slideshow: http://s732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/allon_midbar/Sims%202/Gondola%20Grandissima/?albumview=slideshow
Download: Gondola Grandissima.rar (932 KB)

EDIT: Corrected foreign language gender disagreement & updated all links.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 28, 05:43:47 by allon_midbar » Logged
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2009 March 21, 15:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gillianagain, that looks really different and creative!

1) download not working
2) which expansions and stuff packs do you have?

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 March 21, 15:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nursery is a bit cramped and you left out the now all-important skilling table, which has a higher baserate than lesser toddler items.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
allon_midbar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 March 21, 16:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nursery is a bit cramped and you left out the now all-important skilling table, which has a higher baserate than lesser toddler items.

Yes, I agree the nursery is cramped, although it wouldn't be difficult to expand along the back of the house or into the backyard. (As it is, I would've removed the wall on the right to add a little more space, but it was one of the original exterior walls.) And I didn't know about the skilling table; I only recently purchased FT & haven't had much ... free time ... to play any families, so I wasn't even aware of the item's utility.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 March 21, 16:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gillianagain, your concept is interesting and original. However (I may be mistaken) but I thought that in order to increase the difficulty of the challenge, the rule was that the pool could not only not be omitted but that it could not be moved to the outside area. Keeping the garage was allowed to be optional, but not the pool.

Gillian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 March 21, 16:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2) which expansions and stuff packs do you have?
Have all expansions, family fun stuff and teen stuff
Gillian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 March 21, 16:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bonus rule:

-You can't remove the pool and the veranda (The veranda at the back).
If you have no idea which veranda then:

If your still confused, get a noose.

My bad, so focused on not removing veranda, forgot about pool. Still it is a Bonus rule. However if it is disqualified I will whine until provided with "noose of confusion ending"
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 March 21, 17:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad, so focused on not removing veranda, forgot about pool. Still it is a Bonus rule. However if it is disqualified I will whine until provided with "noose of confusion ending"

LOL No phoul no phail. This is not a contest after all so you can't be "disqualified"! Besides, nearly anything is a step up from EAxis Phail. Point and laugh is the worst that happens here, and your effort comes nowhere near deserving of that ignominity.  Wink

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 March 21, 17:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Traditionally, the bonus rule can be considered optional. We haven't disqualified entries before for not following it. Not that this is a real contest, anyways.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
pentabet
Blathering Buffoon

Do I look a little sallow to you?

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 March 23, 05:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to enter this month's challenge, but I have a question I'd like clarified.  We must leave the original exterior walls, but can we leave them in a different form?  Can we turn full walls into greenhouse walls, or the half-wall with the bars on top?  Are simple half-walls a no-no?  Where does the rule allow some give, or does it?

INFJ.  European Leo.  Chinese Pig.  Neat Freak.  Control Freak.  Simmer.  WoWer.  Bookworm.  B-Movie Addict.
I have many Anonymous meetings that I attend.
Don't judge me!
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 March 23, 07:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to enter this month's challenge, but I have a question I'd like clarified.  We must leave the original exterior walls, but can we leave them in a different form?  Can we turn full walls into greenhouse walls, or the half-wall with the bars on top?  Are simple half-walls a no-no?  Where does the rule allow some give, or does it?
As I understand it and have done it the walls can be replaced with another type of wall (eg half-walls or greenhouse walls as well as making additions of extensions to the basic house) so long as the original footprint remains unchanged within any new footprint.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 March 23, 07:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm inclined to think any loopholes are begging to be exploited. I don't regard the rules as hard and fast, except for the footprint, I love seeing people's visions made concrete.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 March 23, 08:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mines coming... slowly. 

So far I have a greenhouse, a home-bar and a basement Cheesy

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
pentabet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 March 23, 08:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I understand it and have done it the walls can be replaced with another type of wall (eg half-walls or greenhouse walls as well as making additions of extensions to the basic house) so long as the original footprint remains unchanged within any new footprint.

Thank you, that helps  Wink

INFJ.  European Leo.  Chinese Pig.  Neat Freak.  Control Freak.  Simmer.  WoWer.  Bookworm.  B-Movie Addict.
Don't judge me!
pentabet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 March 28, 04:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind me, not going to make it in this month, too much random stuff going on.  Sorry guys.  Got a ways through my house, and the game crashed, lost a good attempt at it.  I'll see if I can squeak it in though.  This renovating is fun!  Hard, a pain in the butt without cc, but fun.

Don't judge me!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 March 28, 07:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is all but there, pictures taken and all. Then I had to go and have a bright idea for grandstanding, so it will probably take me another whole evening.

Psst, don't tell anyone, but I wouldn't mind a smaller house next month.  Cheesy

Sorry you lost one Pentabet, that's really frustrating.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 March 29, 16:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last offering from me this month is a straightforward family home - no home business, no funny business. It will accommodate a family of 6, but it doesn't come cheap.

Havenot Hall - a snip at $179,420, wanded and cleaned.

Conventional facade, a well-stocked garden, and generous greenhouse, which is large enough to generate income, if someone in the family would rather dig than go out to work.

Public rooms on the ground floor are: entrance hall, dining room and bathroom. Private rooms are: nursery for two, kitchen, and skilling room with stairs to the first floor.

Upstairs are two double bedrooms, one twin children's bedroom, two bathrooms, family room, and front balcony with lookout telescope.

Playtested over the time it took my tester to produce baby, throw a rave-up wedding party on terrace, have baby age up to child, and get pregnant again, this time with twins. So much for my 'no population increase' policy. We had a few clogged toilets, but this is a messy family. Otherwise, no problems, apart being the only person at her wedding in grubby old pants and a maternity smock.

Sample shots:
Front

Back

Entrance hall

Dining room

Family room

Bedroom

I have all EPs and M&G SP.

Slideshow: http://tinyurl.com/dzf3ys
Download: http://tinyurl.com/c3ko9a
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 March 29, 17:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jim, that's really well done!  I like how clean and airy that bedroom looks.... it's all the same color giving it this washed out/beachy feel.  Verra nice. I won't be entering any of my houses for this month at all, but I will probably be yoinking quite a few of these entries.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 March 29, 19:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jim; I like that house. The manor theme off of M&G really make that place shimmer.

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 March 30, 04:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had four more teens to send off to college, so I finally got off my ass and finished the lot. Named, rather plainly, Community Center and available >>>>here<<<<. Lot was primarily designed to be a student union type lot in a college, but will fit in your main neighborhood and was built in the main neighborhood.

Features:
  • Open-air pavillion set up for small concerts
  • Basic store selling clothes, magazines, and groceries
  • Small gym
  • Pool and showers
  • Spa/masseuse
  • Library and mini-museum
  • Artist's studio
  • Skydeck
  • Various seating areas

Pic time
(may contain robot-munching alien):

Tested by: Billy Goldhammer, Olivia Zelenka, Charles Zelenka, and Darrien Zelenka. Robot-munching by Trinity Nejem.

Requires: All EP. M&G SP also suggested for full display. Ikea, H&M, and K&B also owned but no objects from these SP should have been used.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
HappyMonkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 March 30, 12:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like both to the last minute entries. Very nice house Jim, if a bit pricey, but with a foundation that size it is going to cost. The community center is great. I just made one for my new starter neighborhood, but yours looks fantastic.

Any ideas on next month's house? I want to give this phail house thing a try.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: