More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 02:40:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Baby Roaster Excluded From Ballot! ROCK THE VOTE!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Baby Roaster Excluded From Ballot! ROCK THE VOTE!  (Read 16658 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Baby Roaster Excluded From Ballot! ROCK THE VOTE!
« on: 2009 February 25, 16:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the fools at MTS2, failing to properly appreciate the Awesomeness that is the Babby Roaster, or maybe purely fearing that it will obviously win, have decided to cheat by excluding it from the ballot. Naturally, we can't have that! We shall run as a write-in! Get in there and rock the vote! Show them that merely trying to keep us off the ballot cannot deny us victory!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Baby Roaster Excluded From Ballot! ROCK THE VOTE!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 25, 21:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww. They deleted all our cute comments over there.  They're no fun  Cry

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 25, 21:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody else think it's funny that there was a big kerfluffle about MTS2 hosting the Baby-Q and not allowing complainy comments against it, and now they are excluding it from the poll and not allowing complainy comments in favor of it? Is it some kind of 'leave no-one unpissed off' campaign? Tongue
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 25, 21:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally I like MTS2 and Delphy well enough, but the deletion thing seemed uncalled for. Are they getting their moderation tips from TSR or something? Seriously.

I sing along with elevator music.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 25, 21:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted:
Honestly, the only reason to exclude the roaster would be if it would win. There'd be no need, otherwise. Just let it lose quietly and without fuss. What are you afraid of?

Also, this is another write-in vote for the babby roaster, and I think the number of deleted posts here already is rather telling. +1 deleted post.

Personally I doubt it'll do much good. Unfortunately. When was the last time a write-in candidate won, in anything?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 25, 22:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They often miss the point of lulz. I was pretty surprised they put the roaster up in the first place, but it must have hit them on a good day.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 25, 23:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid Delphy, getting snarky with me about RULZ.

(FYI: Rule Number One of MTS 2 Forum Posting is "Obey staff at all times" ie "if staff says black is white, it's white.")

So he will delete all rebellious posts, especially those emanating from THIS den of iniquity. Hee.

More F than you
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 25, 23:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing the Devil's advocate for a bit.

Actually, I'm not surprised the babbyroaster isn't listed, but not because of prudishness or something. If you adhere strictly to the contest theme, it's "Stuff for kids", and it has not exactly the same meaning than "stuff involving kids".
I also think that the submission could have been not accepted at all because of the same reason (I'm only guessing, though, as I don't know if those submissions are moderated and how), but it was too great to reject, both because of its awesomeness and the lulz/scandal potential.
Said that, the fact its theme lays in a grey area + the other fact it became a sort of symbol and overly-debated argument across the community, puts the babbyroaster in a front-runner position in respect of all the other creations in that contest, and a lot of time before the actual poll took place: it's unbalanced from the very beginning.

In a nutshell, I think MTS mods pulled a bit the rules at the submission time, and then they're keeping them a little more strict than before, in the hope it result in a sort of balance.
BTW, MTS2 it's their forum, they make the rules, and they decide what to do when the rules have to be discussed; one can be disappointed or happy, can agree or not, but the arbiter decisions are not up for debate, in any case, or there would be no point to even participate in a contest. I'm sorry, but in their shoes, I think I would have deleted those posts as well, being them not pertinent and trollish.
But again, I'm not much a revolutionary spirit, so it's easier for me to not be pissed off.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 February 26, 00:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there is no evidence as to whether the deleted posts were non-pertinent or trollish, because they have been DELETED. That they irritated Delphy is the only absolute certainty.

The probabilities are against either, however. If the posts were about the vote, they were pertinent. The majority of people who posted are identifiable as well-known MATYzens or PMBDers and it is highly unlikely that they posted trollishly.

Why did MTS2 "staff" even leave the thread open for comments if they didn't WANT comments? They could surely just have posted a poll.

(My guess is that they wanted people to say nice things about the items of course, but instead they mostly got us. Sigh.)

More F than you
Phaenoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 February 26, 00:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You hit the nail on the head there Marhis. Almost all of the moderators loved the Baby Roaster. We left it out of the polls because we didn't want the Baby Roaster to hijack the thread with its Awesomeness/CreepyAsHellness. It does NOT fit the challenge theme so it wasn't possible for it to win. Our policies for entries are far looser because we are trying to encourage people to enter. Also, how can a file that was never submitted to MTS2 win? Yes we are slightly hiding behind technicalities but it was decided improper to include it. You can at least take solace I hope in the fact that when it hit moderation queue all of us moderators were like, 'ZOMG you have to come look at this! it is so win! squeee!!' And all those deleted posts? Every single one of them are people complaining asking why isn't the baby roaster on the vote.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 February 26, 00:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every single one of them are people complaining asking why isn't the baby roaster on the vote.
Not true. I was calling a point of order on HP. HP stated that the baby roaster didn't benefit children. I argued that, actually, when the Rule of Four was violated, neighbors were invited to partake of the roasted baby fat so that they, too, would face the reality of their place in the universe. A few children were present and they had both an educational and nutritional experience.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 February 26, 00:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be far too innocent, but I thought the comments were funny and made tongue-in-cheek.  I know mine was.  I can understand the deletion, though.  The focus was being taken away from the items up for vote, and there was potential for it turning ugly if someone (from either site) got a stick up their ass about it and went into attack mode.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 February 26, 00:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vote anyway! Show them that the will of the people cannot be denied! Even the deleted post still stands as a record of the original vote, and accomplishes exactly what they didn't want.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 February 26, 01:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your excuse doesn't ring true, Phaenoh. If write-in votes aren't counted in the actual poll, then they should just be ignored and not deleted. Use the actual poll results if you want to get technical about results. Deleting innocent comments simply because they mention something else smacks of pettiness.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 February 26, 01:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess they were deleted because they're putting up for discussion an arbitral decision, not because they don't work as a vote.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2009 February 26, 03:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe a compromise could be reached?  Some sort of (dis)honorable mention, perhaps?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 February 26, 05:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And all those deleted posts? Every single one of them are people complaining asking why isn't the baby roaster on the vote.
Assuming this is the case, wouldn't it be better to post some kind of explanation with the poll/in the thread/somewhere on MTS2?  Deleting the posts is just going to upset people, and not answer their question. 
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 February 26, 18:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look! The babby roaster has gone international!

ETA: Actually, I guess they're fried, not grilled.  Totally unhealthy. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 26, 19:13:04 by phyllis_p » Logged

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Irma
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 February 26, 20:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And all those deleted posts? Every single one of them are people complaining asking why isn't the baby roaster on the vote.
Not every single one post in that tred. - I have reminded, how many people were actually offended with this creation. And that freedom of one is limited to freedom of another. And my post have removed too.

Technically it is very cool work. But only technically. And it should not be in competition. It was impossible to offend feelings of many people, which have not made to you anything bad. I'm sorry.

And now do with my post that you wants.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 February 26, 20:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from MTS2 post #26A:
This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Read the rest of the thread... you know, the bits with all the OTHER reasons in it, please.

That was your one, right? Please note that basic reading and writing skills are required in this forum, too.

Now, if you have something to say here, please take the trouble to say it clearly or else don't bother. Your post is giving me a headache.

« Last Edit: 2009 February 26, 21:04:23 by tngrspacecadet » Logged

More F than you
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 February 26, 21:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obvious ESL is obvious. Put a little padding on the poking stick.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 February 26, 22:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from MTS2 post #26A:
This message has been deleted by Delphy. Reason: Read the rest of the thread... you know, the bits with all the OTHER reasons in it, please.

That was your one, right? Please note that basic reading and writing skills are required in this forum, too.

Now, if you have something to say here, please take the trouble to say it clearly or else don't bother. Your post is giving me a headache.
A lot of trouble likely went into that post.  It's not the poster's fault that he/she isn't a fluent English speaker.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 February 26, 22:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I am withholding my vote from any of the other entrants, not that it will matter. But that is my boycott.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Bonzodog
Blathering Buffoon

ENFP- The Inspirer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 February 27, 07:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not every single one post in that tred. - I have reminded, how many people were actually offended with this creation. And that freedom of one is limited to freedom of another. And my post have removed too.

Technically it is very cool work. But only technically. And it should not be in competition. It was impossible to offend feelings of many people, which have not made to you anything bad. I'm sorry.

And now do with my post that you wants.

Are you drunk?
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 February 27, 07:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, we've been over this. It's ESL.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: