More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 18:44:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack Requests? I'd Like a Newspaper Fix...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack Requests? I'd Like a Newspaper Fix...  (Read 19880 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Hack Requests? I'd Like a Newspaper Fix...
« Reply #25 on: 2009 February 25, 13:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The benefits of the hobby mags are high, as the mag has a base enth. gain rate of 200... best rate in the game as far as I know.
Same rate as Blog, then.

Well, good news, at any rate: EAxis was smart enough this time NOT to generate a filthy 12 just to pop its ugly mug in the dialog: If one does not exist, the dialog is simply faceless.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 February 25, 13:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume that you'd still get the 12 spawned to deliver hobby mag's,  or to make the subscription call.
I've never called for either of those things and am unclear as to what their actual BENEFITS are, so I've never seen a 12 deliver that, either. Is it the same annoying 12?

Seems to me that the chief hobby person is the one who makes the subscription call, but it's the same 12 in the yellow news-delivery outfit who delivers the magazine.

If you reject the subscription call, you get a pop up featuring the news delivery 12 saying you can call to subscribe if you change your mind.

I thought that was only if you unsubscribed, and that the pop-up for initial subscription and subsequent rejection was the main hobby person.  Ah well.  It's no matter.  I'm sure the FOJ will find a way to stompinate appropriately.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 February 25, 14:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing to stompinate - see FOJ reply above yours.
Actually, the way EAxis have written it, they actually call a different dialog control if no 12's are found.  So if you run a paperdeliveratorless hood - that dialog confirms you still have no 12's.  If you ever see one, they already exist.
If you want the actual phonecall stompinated but keep the dialog then I have a hack for that already.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 February 25, 14:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing to stompinate - see FOJ reply above yours.
Actually, the way EAxis have written it, they actually call a different dialog control if no 12's are found.  So if you run a paperdeliveratorless hood - that dialog confirms you still have no 12's.  If you ever see one, they already exist.
If you want the actual phonecall stompinated but keep the dialog then I have a hack for that already.

That's what I get for reading/writing before first cup of coffee is finished.  I managed to miss all posts on page 2, d'oh!

The paper deliveries and magazine deliveries and 12s and phone calls don't actually bother me.  I was just making conversation, more or less ;-)

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 February 25, 17:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They bother me, but not enough to throw something about it. Since my current 'hood involves jerking over a lot of townies, I get lots of hobby states that are ready for the magazine option. So with the Nejem's last night, in one season I had six calls. Considering that until the abduction craze of nights 3, 4, and 5 all the three sims did was sit on the couch autonomously reading, those calls stuck out more.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ReneeFox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 February 25, 20:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to the subject at hand, I do realize the fix is for a NIT!  This message really belonged in the other section, because it is an annoying EAxis bug to me; among other stupid little inconsistent bugs.  I also understand it wouldn't be a priority to anybody; I was just hoping.

As for uploading any of my fixes to this site, just because I've never shared any of them, or uploaded anything without a dialog box to do it, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.  Also, I don't speak up a lot around here, because people are too assuming when someone doesn't have 500+ posts around here.  My fixes work fine, are global, and are as simple as Installing an Alarm in 15 minutes instead of what it was, making Sims fix 12 plates of food instead of 6 etc., and nobody is asking YOU to use any of my fixes ... I could care less.  But, for people who find and fix annoying little things in the game, they would be free to use mine.  Stop being mean, y'all!!!!!!  I'm no dummy; just a little behind times from being off the net for almost a year.  Much has changed, and honestly, I've never uploaded anything without a dialog box to get it from my computer to a site.  If FTP is what I should use, then I'm sure there is still a format for uploading things that I don't know about, or haven't read.  I was a senior software designer in the mainframe-world, so don't assume anything about anybody.  I'm just new on this board; not with the world of software OR The Sims.  I was a good hacker and designed some things with TS1; not as much so with TS2, because I don't have the same kind of time I had back then and TS2 is far more 3D-complex'd than 2D was.  Same with the code.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 25, 20:38:12 by ReneeFox » Logged

Please don't Delete Me 'cause I don't post much in the Forum!
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 February 25, 22:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were an oh-so-important senior software designer, why can't you tell the difference between an actual bug, and intended behavior that you don't like? These two things are not the same.

Also, your use of "I could care less" is annoying. If you do not care at all, it means you couldn't care less.

Here, have a helpful diagram:

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 February 25, 23:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were an oh-so-important senior software designer, why can't you tell the difference between an actual bug, and intended behavior that you don't like? These two things are not the same.

Also, your use of "I could care less" is annoying. If you do not care at all, it means you couldn't care less.

Here, have a helpful diagram:

This is a major pet peeve of mine. I am saving the diagram.

I sing along with elevator music.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 February 25, 23:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I don't speak up a lot around here, because people are too assuming when someone doesn't have 500+ posts around here. 

Then, please, don't be assuming you either; I was never treated less than well by anyone on this board, since my very first posts here, even if I never felt the need to post my resume. And trust me, I'm not that special; the same happened (and still happens in the present time) for many others.

Anyway, for attachments, in the post or modify forms, click on "Additional Options", and you'll set. BTW this is clearly explained in the FAQs, too. So, see, we're not really assuming anything, here.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 February 26, 00:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis is right. Look at all the people posting in just this thread who have less than 500 posts, none of us are complaining about being treated badly because of it. It isn't really your post count that matters, but what you post and how you post it.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 February 26, 04:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to the subject at hand, I do realize the fix is for a NIT!  This message really belonged in the other section, because it is an annoying EAxis bug to me; among other stupid little inconsistent bugs.  I also understand it wouldn't be a priority to anybody; I was just hoping.

Did my fix not suffice then?
Perhaps my posts were overlooked as I don't have 500+ posts here yet.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2009 February 26, 05:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, if you don't hate NPC 12s clogging up the works as much as I do, just pick up the newspapers anytime you see them, before they expire, and stuff them into your sim's inventory. When you have 3, bury them under the foundation or the roof. No more newspapers.

Cool.  Now, is there a hack to prevent the "Oh noes, you can has too many newspapers!" dialog from tormenting me every single day of my sims' virtual lives?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 February 26, 05:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps my posts were overlooked as I don't have 500+ posts here yet.

Quiet N00b, I've never heard of you or your fixes before and I most certainly do not have a folder in my hacks labelled tunaisafish!  Tongue

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 February 26, 08:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool.  Now, is there a hack to prevent the "Oh noes, you can has too many newspapers!" dialog from tormenting me every single day of my sims' virtual lives?
That only happens once, on the first day of excessive newspaperage. It seems unnecessary to spend the effort maintaining a hack that would get rid of a dialog you'll only see once per fambly, evar.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 February 26, 14:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That only happens once, on the first day of excessive newspaperage. It seems unnecessary to spend the effort maintaining a hack that would get rid of a dialog you'll only see once per fambly, evar.
[/quote

Which brings up another related question.  What brings up that 'Too many newspapers' dialog, when there aren't enough newspapers sitting around.  Does the game count papers in trashcans/composter (that have not been composted), for the 3+, yet still sends a 12 to deliver a new one?]

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 February 26, 15:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trashed papers are gone forever. Papers are only counted if they are in-world, in newspaper form, including those held by sims on the terlet.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2009 February 27, 08:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the papers for compost.  Less effort than raking leaves.  What annoys me is visitors walking up onto the porch to read the paper.  I can tolerate them reading it by the mail box - but walking up onto the porch is trespassing.  I don't mind the delivery boy putting it there - that's realistic.

Welcome to the board Reneefox.  Smiley

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 February 27, 13:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a fix for neighbors reading your paper at MTS2:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=317468
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: