More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:25:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09  (Read 163895 times)
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: Feb 09
« Reply #25 on: 2009 February 03, 10:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my attempt... I didn't move any of the trees. It's wanded to $58,049 and houses a family of four. I have all EPs & SPs. I actually added decorative items to the inside of the house this time, amazingly. It's not fully awesomespec, but you CAN lock both the kitchen and stairs to prevent visitors from wandering.

Exterior:

First floor:

Second floor:

Living room:

Kitchen (lockable!):

Upstairs main room:

Download HERE (right-click save-as).
« Last Edit: 2009 February 03, 11:13:54 by eaglezero » Logged

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 February 03, 11:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@eaglezero it looks really good but there is no download available. I tried with both explorer and Firefox. Both say no download.

eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 February 03, 11:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack, sorry, I forgot that for this board you don't need to put the link in quotes. Try it now.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 February 03, 17:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yoinked.  Grin

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 February 03, 19:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Eaglezeo: What I love most about these threads is that you discover so many things that you didn't know was in the game. I love that kitchen and that couch! Especially the cool blue color scheme. Very nice.

@mistyK: The little garden area is precious!
« Last Edit: 2009 February 04, 14:40:16 by Jelenedra » Logged

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Borkedforlife
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 February 03, 19:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paysite Prison

A place to lock up all evil paysite owners and creators until they go free or die! Holds 6 prisoners in relative comfort, although computers and any other Sim-related items are banned. Prisoners are brought in to the welcome area, where they are given the rules and then sent to the ‘exam' area to be inspected for Sims paraphernalia, and made to shower and change in to their prison garb. Lot has been playtested. I have all EPs, SPs and store stuff.

Cost : approx. $100,000

CC Included:

Decorative security monitor and cameras by Maylin @MTS2
Regal Windows by Castle Kits (Store items shown as CC)

Grimmy downloaded from alcfman @ the BBS (not included in lot)

Link to download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?je4njy0tnnz

Paysite Prison, exterior

Grimmy the Guard

Grimmy watching his prisoners

Welcome area

‘Exam' room and changing area

Overview main floor, showing welcome area, Grimmy's bathroom and lounge, and ‘exam' area

Grimmy's Lounge

2nd level, The Barracks, overview

The Barracks

Bath area

3rd level, Rec and Dining Area, overview

Rec and Dining area

(Notice the Sims 3 poster, hung there just to taunt the prisoners)

Prisoner's Yard

« Last Edit: 2009 February 05, 16:25:45 by Borkedforlife » Logged
originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 February 03, 21:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Faizah - that reminds me of some beach houses I've stayed in.  But it confirms one idea I had for the place.

@ mistyk - WHOA!  Very pretty!  I really like the exterior wallcovering, I can't ever get the logs to look right. 

@ eaglezero - extending the front out the way you did gives it a completely different look as does the color scheme.

@ Borkedforlife - institutional I don't do well so that's pretty cool.  I could use that for other scenarios.

Yoinking all.

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
theresatv
Asinine Airhead

Transvestite Annoyance

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 February 04, 01:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the original cottage as a sort of support module with the kitchen, dining/reading room and stairs, and built a separate large single bedroom up a floor resting on beams framed into the fir trees at either end, spanning over a pond and deck. It ended up at 36,755. I have all EP's although University might not be required for this house, and shouldn't require any SP's (I only have Glamour Life Stuff and I don't think I used anything from it.)

Front View

Back View

Ground Level

Upper Level

Right click on link and "Save target as..." to download.
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/au8140/10OakSt/10 Oak Street (Theresa TV).zip
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2009 February 04, 01:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the houses with the original trees still in place.  It's an impressive response to the challenge.

Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 February 04, 03:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eaglezero: Are the kitchen items and the TV from K&B stuff pack?  If so, I need to arrr as soon as possible. 
I have plopped out 2 redos of this house and will post shortly, but photobukkit is slooow today.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Isil
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 February 04, 03:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found out about these challenges just yesterday, but I already love them, so I decided to go out of lurkdom to post my entry. I kept all the trees in place (not the small bushes), which was pain and made the house cramped, but I think it's decent. At any rate, there's still some space to be freed up if anyone cared to do so in the form of the balcony-like things. It's lazily furnished, and partially decorated.

It's my first try at something modern-looking, since I play my Sims medieval.

Neighborhood view.

Lot.

Top down view.

Side.

First floor. Fridge is lockable and so are stairs.

2nd

3rd

Details:

Download here: http://www.box.net/shared/ifrlq1gfe5 . I have all EPs up to FT, plus FFS and GLS.

Um. I also have a question. I remodeled last month's house too, is it too late to post it?
Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 February 04, 06:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isil: You can go back and post remakes of any house of phail in the appropriate thread, as long as the thread is not dead already.

And here is my first entry for this month.  I absolutely hate doing these small lots; I need bigger houses!  This house is mostly furnished but undecorated.  I kept all trees on the lot except for the midbiscus bush/tree things and the oleander bushes.  All trees are in the same location, save for one japanese maple that I moved from behind the house.  I wanted to keep a homey feeling with a smaller house and added a pond.

The house is only 2 bed, 2.5 baths.  It is semi awesomespec.  $52,956 - please note that the pictures may not be exact as far as the furnishings in the house.  I had played the house to test, and then moved the sims out before taking pictures.  *D'oh*.  It's still pretty close, though.

ETA: Right now I have NO stuff packs installed at all, and all EPS except for Pets. Sorry I forget to add this each month with my houses!

Ground Level:

Second Level:

10 Oak Street, redo 1
« Last Edit: 2009 February 04, 19:50:48 by Bliss » Logged

Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 February 04, 07:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Double posting, because if I don't post now I won't get around to it later.

This is my second entry for the month, and decided to do a community lot instead.  I realised that all of the spas I build for my game are gigantic and I could use a smaller one for the main hood.  It plays really well for me even though there isn't all that much for a sim to do on the lot.  Once again I kept all the trees in the same place, except for midbiscus.  First floor is a salon and two massage rooms, complete with shower rooms (3/4 baths).  Upstairs is a hottub, bubble blower, sauna and a third shower room.  I suppose if you got rid of a few trees, you could add a grill and some tables outside.

Behold, my littlest spa:

Ground Level:

Second Level:

10 Oak Street Spa

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2009 February 04, 07:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I love the spa, Bliss!

Silvain
Asinine Airhead

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 February 04, 13:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, this is a good one- made better by the fact that I've never seriously tried it before. I'll probably start on it tonight.

@Faizah- I love it, the stairs at the back is an interesting touch, and the resemblance to the Weasley house caught my eye. Certainly might be useful in that character sim hood I was working on a while back.

@theresatv- Very interesting design, the upper floor in particular.

@Bliss- The first one looks lovely and very homey, like an average house. Definitely going to get quite a bit of use from me. The second one looks very interesting, and while I don't use community lots much, I'm tempted to grab it anyway just because it looks so nice.

@Everyone else- Awesome lots which I will come back for once I obtain M&G, which will hopefully be soon.

originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 February 04, 13:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, Bliss.  Will work in a vacation hood I need to upgrade.
*grumbles and moves on to second idea for the damn lot now*

@ Isil - not bad for a medieval player   Smiley  I'm a sucker for full window levels/towers.

@ theresatv - are there any "ZOMG there's weather in my house" issues with the roofs like that?

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
theresatv
Asinine Airhead

Transvestite Annoyance

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 February 04, 13:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ theresatv - are there any "ZOMG there's weather in my house" issues with the roofs like that?

Nope, all occupied spaces have four conventional walls around them, which is what you need to weather-proof a room. The sides of the A-frames are shed roofs butting up to the walls.
Quetzkotl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2009 February 04, 14:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay taking a shot at this.  I tried to keep with the spirit of the original but make it a bit more functional as a living space for a sim just starting out or just maybe a bit down on her luck. 

Here's the view from the front.

Interior shot: I tried to keep most of the original furnishings.  Unfortunately the little pot bellied stove had to go.

It's a small combined living and dining space and kitchen.

Quick shot of the bedroom.  You'll notice I kept the original wallpaper in here.

Here's an overhead shot of the floorplan:

I have sims 2 double deluxe, which has nightlife and the celebrations sp, university, ofb, pets, seasons and the mansion and gardens stuff pack installed. 

To download:
http://www.4shared.com/file/84058963/bb86d7ff/10_Oak_Street_-_Quetzkotl.html
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2009 February 04, 14:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just fooling around with this now, and I wish the sunlight was coming from the front. Other that re-building the whole thing, does anyone know of a mod that will make the sun shine from a different direction?
Here's my Oak St. Playhouse in progress:

why be normal?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 February 04, 15:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...built a separate large single bedroom up a floor resting on beams framed into the fir trees at either end...

I quite like this.  Totally impractical IRL, since the tree would grow and warp your floors, but "impossible" houses are fun.  I agree that keeping the original trees deserves due credit.  The A-frame look fits nicely as well.

@SalixTree:  can't help you with the sun, but I am intrigued by the floating conical roof above one of your rooftop patios.  Gives me ideas.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 04, 15:57:45 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2009 February 04, 16:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just rebuilt the lot with the sun shining in the front. Much happier place now. Wink
Jolrei, it's floating because I wanted the lookout tower to have a telescope, and the posts got in the way. It's magic!

why be normal?
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 February 04, 16:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just fooling around with this now, and I wish the sunlight was coming from the front. Other that re-building the whole thing, does anyone know of a mod that will make the sun shine from a different direction?

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is maybe using the lot adjuster to change what side of the lot the road is on, thus the direction of sunlight.
Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 February 04, 16:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kept the trees in place, moved a shrub a couple of squares.

10 Oak Lane, 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Runs around 69k and change. I have all EP/SP except Holiday.

DOWNLOAD

(edit to link .rar file and not the sims2pak file)
« Last Edit: 2009 February 04, 17:32:54 by Minena » Logged
jolenedms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 February 04, 17:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Minena- have u playtested the house? Seems like one of the columns would prevent Sims from entering the front door. Yoinking anyways because I love your house, just thought you might want to know

Men are like floor tiles. Lay 'em right the first time and you can walk all over 'em forever!   I'm trying to see things from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my ass!
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2009 February 04, 19:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Salix Tree, I love your house.  It's delightfully whimsical, which I suppose is the norm for you.   Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: