More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:29:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Cannot interact with fellow apartment tenant after outing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cannot interact with fellow apartment tenant after outing  (Read 6223 times)
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Cannot interact with fellow apartment tenant after outing
« on: 2009 January 22, 10:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The scenario: My sim wants to go to an outing with two friends. One is a random townie she met at a club, the other is a resident of my sim's apartment. I add them both to a group, and invite them out to a community lot. Oops, my sim gets stuck in the taxi because the apartment girl is actually inside her apartment; no worries, I read about this happening, quit without saving. I try again, this time asking the girl to come out of her apartment and then inviting the group out. It works! They have a good time blah blah, I come back and end the outing.

Ever since that point, I CANNOT interact with the girl in the apartment no matter what I've tried. I knock on her door and go in, the only interaction that is available is the ACR mod's Casual menu. I call her out, same thing.

I saw a similar problem in http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,14213.msg407551.html#msg407551 and tried to take the girl out on another outing. Once I got to the community lot, I could interact normally with her. When I got back and ended the outing, back to only the ACR interaction. I even tried force error-delete-save and reload. I summoned her back with Inge's teleporter, and I could interact with her! When I said goodbye to get her back into her apartment, she broke again >.<

I would appreciate any help. I've gotten no errors at all during all of this, so I don't have any logs to attach. At this point, all I can think to try is moving her in with someone and just playing her that way, I was probably going to do that eventually anyway. I'm just overworried about her being broken and messing things up somehow if I try that.

My mods that are Non-Awesome are:

Twojeffs' ACR
College Adjuster (Twojeffs)
Inge's AL Teleporter
A mod that makes business perks passed along instantly. (The creator said he didn't think it would need to be updated, and I'm assuming it shouldn't be a problem?)

Basically 90% of the mods I have are Awesome, and I'm pretty sure Delphy/Clean Installer didn't point out any hidden hacks in my enormous downloads folder.

So any help/advice would be nice! And if all there is to do is make her a playable sim, that's really not a big deal. (Yes I tried to be thorough in my post Grin)

Edit: Removed all hacks that I had, the sim was now completely non-interactable; the cursor was greyed out when I hovered it over her.

Moar edit: I did some spring cleaning in that enormous download folder. Good news, load times are considerably better! Unfortunately, Apartment Girl is still broken. I basically removed every single custom object/furniture.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 22, 11:46:21 by Celethang » Logged
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
Re: Cannot interact with fellow apartment tenant after outing
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 22, 17:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You said you removed your hacks, and then you removed a lot of your CC. Did you try removing the downloads folder entirely to see if it works then?
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 22, 17:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops yeah, I just tried that and she's still not working =/ Only thing I can see to try at this point is moving her out and maybe moving her back into the same apartment as a playable sim. I'm just wondering if it's a VBT and she'll end up destroying the world in the process!

Edit: Further testing results. I removed ALL CC, created a sim in a completely empty testing neighborhood. I plopped down a copy of the same apartment (it was one of those ones in the specialty lot bins that can be used over and over) and had the same townie come into the apartment as a tenant. I then cheated up their friendship, had them go out on an outing, and come back. I ended the outing, had my sim say goodbye to the other girl, AND SHE BROKE AGAIN!

I'm going to wager it's either the lot, the specific sim, or maybe something is borked with apartment tenants and outings.

Unless there's something I missed? I COMPLETELY removed the downloads folder, and made sure there wasn't anything else hidden in any of the other folders. At this point I'm just wondering if I can move the offending sim in somewhere and play her without stuff breaking. And maybe just avoid outings altogether with apartment people. I'd really like to keep this neighborhood.

Moar edit: Oh yeah, as far as EPs, I have every expansion installed, but the only stuff pack I have is the one that comes with Sims 2 Double Deluxe.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 22, 18:25:11 by Celethang » Logged
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 22, 18:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In your test hood, what happens if you go on an outing with the other tenants? Do all of them break or does it only break this one certain townie that you want living there?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 22, 19:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm gonna mention their names now since they seem to be consistent. I just tried it on Makoto St. Julien in my testing neighborhood, and he is non-interactable now. He didn't show up in the other neighborhood's apartment but I did see him around town as a townie. The name of the girl I first encountered this with is Kaylynn Spitzig, and she showed up as a tenant in both neighborhoods.

I'm going to guess that if I try it with the other tenants, the same thing will happen, since I *think* they are all from the same social group/apartment townie/whatever they are pool.

Edit: The fact that they can be interacted with on the community lot after taking them on another outing, and also at home, and also if I happen to summon them, makes me think they're not completely broken. It's only after I do the say goodbye interaction/end the outing, and they go back into their apartment, are they then borked and I can't do any interactions with them. While I can knock on other non-broken people's doors and interact with them just fine.

Edit!: Another thing to note, Jill Fleig was the name of the other girl I brought along at the start of this, who is also in the social group of sims, and she did NOT break at all. I was able to invite her over fine and interact all I wanted. So it seems like something specific to apartment residents.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 22, 22:06:24 by Celethang » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 22, 23:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have problems with groups way back; one of the problems was that some group members thought they were still part of the outing long after the fun was all over. I had to click on one or the other of the two sims - group owner or groupie - and tell them to not be part of the group. You might try that after a group outing is over?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 23, 00:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave that a shot, unfortunately it seemed to consider us out of the outing no matter which way I tried it. And still non-interactable sim.

Next, I tried to figure out a clean way to get the borked tenant to move in with my main sim/be their roommate. This led to some uhhhh.. not so good sounding results. My latest attempt involved inviting Makoto to an outing by phone, going out to a community lot and bringing him back. He was interactable once we got back, so while he was still in the outing, I asked him to be my roommate. He became my roommate and seemed to be working fine! Unfortunately, his old apartment still had his name on it. Okay, so now I asked him to move in with me, making him totally playable and seemingly working.

His room then went vacant for a few moments, before being replaced by the last name of my main sim. Quizzically I watched the door, and I watched as ANOTHER Makoto walked up the stairs and into the room. With the other playable Makoto right beside me. O.o

Needless to say I will probably be nuking this lot from orbit, because I have no idea how to get the clones out and don't think I should try. And then I will try making a new one and adding these new-found playable sims to the apartment, to see if there are any other cloning shenanigans.

All in all this has been a very weird glitch.

Yet another edit: Pretty sure the cloning thing is semi-unrelated; seems like it was caused by improper moving out of the sim. So whatever stuff controls who goes in what apartment still thinks they are supposed to be in there. Cuz uhhh.. I did some more testing by moving out my test sim and moving them back in. This caused Kaylynn Spitzig (one of the broken tenants) to REPEATEDLY spawn and try to go into the apartment. I got up to about 8 clones or so of her before I quit, moved my sims out and bulldozed the lot.

It seems like the non-interactable glitch is maybe caused by the tenants not being properly returned to their apartment by the outing stuff? So it's only hiding them to interactions. Note: I have little to NO idea what I am talking about as I do not know the inner workings of the Sims. But it sounds logical Cheesy

Edit edit: I'm gonna just keep adding to this post for now instead of replying to myself. How worrisome is this error report? It happens before I even load into the lot where this all started, in my non-test neighborhood. Cancel repeats the error until I reset and then I (seemingly) load in just fine.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2009 January 23, 09:40:04 by Celethang » Logged
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 January 23, 20:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright well, I went ahead and moved my sim out of the apartment in the main neighborhood, and then moved her right back in. All SEEMS to be well, apartment girl is interactable and I haven't gotten any weird errors or anything. To be safe I made a backup beforehand.

I just hope nothing has broken unseen.

Meanwhile I still don't know what the deal is with the outings. I imagine if I try again, the girl will break again and I would have to move out and move back in. Not being able to do outings or having to do that every time is kinda irritating =/

So maybe if someone could test this in their game and see if it's just me or what. Since I tried without my downloads folder and they STILL bugged, I'm wondering if it's just something people haven't noticed happening before.

And unfortunately the only errors that have popped up on their own was the one in the previous post, and that sounds like it's entirely unrelated.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 23, 20:50:02 by Celethang » Logged
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 January 23, 22:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might look into installing BRY.  JMP suggested in the apthack thread in the Armory that apartment residents occasionally get stuck in sort of a metastate, where they aren't present in the community part of the lot, nor properly stowed in their apt holes.  BRY may give you options to force them one way or the other. 

Anyway, it's a good idea to have these tools handy, if you're playing apartments a lot.  They're incredibly buggy.
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 January 23, 23:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright I will probably look into that then. For now I just said screw worrying about the outings, and I had apartment girl move in with my other girl. I prefer controlling everyone anyway =D
natalieae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 January 31, 23:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I asked him to be my roommate. He became my roommate and seemed to be working fine! Unfortunately, his old apartment still had his name on it. Okay, so now I asked him to move in with me, making him totally playable and seemingly working.

His room then went vacant for a few moments, before being replaced by the last name of my main sim. Quizzically I watched the door, and I watched as ANOTHER Makoto walked up the stairs and into the room. With the other playable Makoto right beside me. O.o

I have had this same problem too!

Seelindarun, what/where is BRY?
Zarifeke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 February 01, 02:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here you go, natalieae. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,3884.0.html There is an option on the business controller for Make Bugger Off, which I think is what is supposed to fix it.

I am beginning to see for myself how buggy apartments are. I moved the sims from my original posts out and into a different apartment complex. Come to find the OTHER girl I went on the original outing with, living in that new apartment complex. I wanted to make her a playable sim and also get her out of there. So I went to a different family, and I either called her over OR summoned her (can't remember which =/), and had the girl move in. Then moved her out into an entirely different apartment complex.

I went back to the apartment I was trying to get her out of, and SHE IS STILL THERE. And also living as a playable in another completely different apartment complex at the same time.

So I pushed the "fix bad apartment residencies" button on the batbox, and now she seems to be stuck just milling about in this apartment, while still having her name on the door.

Can anyone tell me the proper way to get her the heck out? I'd really rather not have to move out and back in again, it gets tedious and messes up my flow -_-

If I force error - delete her or use Inge's teleporter to zap her, the door goes to being called Unique Seperator, and I don't know if I can just leave it like that without messing stuff up? Cuz if the girl comes back on the lot, her name appears on the door again but she still isn't technically living there.
natalieae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 February 01, 03:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the clarification. New to this forum, and the lingo Smiley
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 February 06, 17:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had several apartment residents just hang out on the grounds of their old apartment after moving them elsewhere, even after doing the "fix bad apt. residency" thing on the lot debugger.  The first time it happened, the Sim in question was so hungry that I was afraid she might die, so I used moveObjects on and deleted her.  That seemed to work fine.  She hasn't come back to the old apartment building and has experienced no problems on her new lot.  I think I've done it twice more since then, the most recently with a father and child who were in danger of freezing in the snow.  They'd practically turned blue on the playground at the old apartment, and when I'd go to their new house they'd be like that until I warmed them up, even though it was summer on the new lot.  No problems with them since deleting them at the old apartment, nor with anyone I've deleted in between.

I'm starting to not like apartments so much  Sad

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: