More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:00:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Apartment Life: Hey again
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Life: Hey again  (Read 3630 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Apartment Life: Hey again
« on: 2009 January 14, 10:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing Apartment life, if any sims go on a date or social outing, they must greet each other once again at a community lot before any other interactions will pop up. 

This is not cool for dates and community lot weddings.  I've noticed that if I go between community lots for the dates, they must greet again at every new lot.

Anyone else experiencing this borkedness?  Is it the latest EAxis "feature"?  Or is it just me.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
Re: Apartment Life: Hey again
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 14, 10:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an experience similar to this  a few days ago. I had my sim guy ask a girl for a date at the home lot. She accepted and wanted to go to a community lot. Walk to lot was immediately followed by the sim girl saying, Thanks for the date, that sucked mpnkey balls. For a second I thought maybe the time had run out, but no, they must have had at least two sim hours of the date left. Apparently my sims can't go to community lots with their dates at all now. Oh, teh joy. I'll do the hack dance as soon as I get home from school.

- INTJ -
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 14, 10:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird; I have to greet only those not part of the group/date.
I've had an issue similar to Tingeling's one,  but it happened a couple of times only, apparently unrelated, so I don't know exactly what to think about.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 14, 11:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an experience similar to this  a few days ago. I had my sim guy ask a girl for a date at the home lot. She accepted and wanted to go to a community lot. Walk to lot was immediately followed by the sim girl saying, Thanks for the date, that sucked mpnkey balls. For a second I thought maybe the time had run out, but no, they must have had at least two sim hours of the date left. Apparently my sims can't go to community lots with their dates at all now. Oh, teh joy. I'll do the hack dance as soon as I get home from school.

Errr, my dates and outings work fine, it's just I have to greet everyone again.  So yea, pretty unrelated, but HEY sharing is caring, thanks for coming.

If no one else has noticed this since installing AL, then it must be my hax0rs.  Which is mostly Awesomeware, so I'll keep ya posted.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Sette
Asinine Airhead

AKA Skankmelon AKA jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 16, 09:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Errr, my dates and outings work fine, it's just I have to greet everyone again.  So yea, pretty unrelated, but HEY sharing is caring, thanks for coming.

If no one else has noticed this since installing AL, then it must be my hax0rs.  Which is mostly Awesomeware, so I'll keep ya posted.

Hmm, I'm going to have to try this myself, as I haven't taken a date from a Sim home.  Was the date a playable, down/townie, YA, or an NPC?

The problem I encountered (I'm posting it here instead of a new thread to keep these in one place) is twofold.

I've been very careful starting my new game after the BFBVFS, checking bug logs, running multiple conflict checkers and such, and every quirk ('cept the occasional-stand-twist-squat-stand-from-a-chair irregularity and the noweatherreaction-ain't-working problem) has been fixed until I finally moved a Sim into an apartment.

When I arranged an outing that included a tenant in the building, the cab came for my Sim, but waited for the tenent.  SimHours later, still no change.  I then exited the lot wothout saving.

Next time, I decided he'd walk to town to meet some new Sims, and met a perfect mate whom he then asked on a date. 
After getting her juiced-up, he invited her to his place where things went well until they wanted to slow dance.  Instead of dancing in the suite, or moving into the hall, they tried to move next door.  Nopes.  She entered the apartment, but he couldn't.  He knocked on the door and the tenant whined about not being in the mood to socialize.  I could have eneded the date an left it at that, but instead I decided to try forcing her out by calling a cab.  The result was the same as when I invited the tenant.  Again I exited without saving, and resumed the date on reload.  All went well from that point on, and they're now happily married w/one child, and FILTHY rich. (kill all the lawyers!)

As a test I tried reproducing the problem in my testing NH and got the same result from the "inviting a tenant" problem.  I didn't bother with the date as the problem was similar and assume would also be reproduced.  This produced no error log for me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: