More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 19:06:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sharable Custom set of townies?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sharable Custom set of townies?  (Read 22010 times)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Sharable Custom set of townies?
« Reply #50 on: 2009 February 04, 06:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tried taking the character files of the townies I made into vacation locals in my creation hood and putting them in Program Files ....../A001/Characters (etc) but that didn't work. So I guess I'll make them all back into townies. *sigh

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 February 04, 14:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frankly, zapping 6-8 townies into vacation locals isn't as bad as 32-60. At least we discovered that the template for the main hood works. That's something.

Although, I am curious, is deleting relationships necessary for custom townies? Don't they get lobotomized when they get zapped with the townie gun?

I never checked into this when I made my own custom townies, but then, I was trying to be quick. I didn't even give them all different last names. They're all Smiths. The dormies are all Walkers.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2009 February 04, 15:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a good question. The only relationships I made when I created the townies was the necessary parental ones.

However, I did go into SIMPE and delete all the relationships in the list. So obviously there were a significant amount of relationships made and kept even after using Inge's cat to townify.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 February 04, 17:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my hoods has a core of two big families with all but a few townified.  The sibling/child relationships are still there in the family tree, and while the relationship levels plummeted on townification, it was easy to get them back up.  I even townified a married couple with a pregnant woman, the idea being that she's always pregnant (if I move her into a house to play her, I'll have to get her a bunch of kids before she finally has this one).  The couple had something go odd in the family chart and weren't listed properly until I Blender'd them, but it seems to be working.  I am not sure I have checked sufficiently, though.

As usual, my game may (almost certainly is) riding the edge of ginormous asplosions, but it's generally more fun that way. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: