More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:00:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31  (Read 272721 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31 (02/01/06)
« Reply #150 on: 2006 May 26, 03:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just cook the meal using the new OFB packratting option and then just let Macro-Eat handle it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2006 May 26, 11:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still only get enough meals for the sims who are hungry!  One reason I don't bother with cafes, the only sims who can cook complete cakes are employees, so if your sim can't afford employees you're stuck.

Zephyr Zodiac
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2006 May 26, 12:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cook the meal using the OFB packratting option without the smart serve hack installed.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2006 May 26, 12:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, forget that one - I have about forty houses and owned business, plus dorms and houses in uni - I can't keep taking the hack out and putting it back again!  I think what is needed is a lot-specific smart-serve object that you can sell if you don't want it!  But I hate having my sims make food that doesn't get eaten, and if there is only a parent and a child on the lot, the parent has to cook six meals in order for the fhild to get fed!  Also, I like letting my kids make cereal and lunch meat sandwiches!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2006 May 26, 15:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to worry about meals going uneaten if you're using Packratting. The uneaten meals are automatically stuffed back into the inventory for later consumption and do not spoil.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2006 May 26, 16:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Automatically?  How do I get my sims to do that?

Zephyr Zodiac
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2006 May 26, 22:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click on a fridge, select make many... single plates or group meals, then the type of meal. they will maike them and stick them in their (or the lot owner's, if it's a business or home business lot) inventory.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2006 May 27, 13:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine DON'T - they serve the meals they've made, that's all they do with them!  Only my employees can make meals, and since they usually set the place on fire, I've rather given up with cafes altogether!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2006 May 27, 14:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine DON'T - they serve the meals they've made, that's all they do with them!  Only my employees can make meals, and since they usually set the place on fire, I've rather given up with cafes altogether!
This sounds clearly like the work of the non-Awesome.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2006 May 27, 15:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think it's because I didn't have firemod installed then, but it was mainly because townie employees when told to take a break would go and try to make hamburgers!  And i hated the way visitors would just help themselves to food and try to cook it!  So I rather gave up on cafes and stuck with shops.  And I quite honestly find it all about the most boring aspect of the game so I don't spend a lot of time in businesses of any kind.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2006 May 27, 16:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think it's because I didn't have firemod installed then, but it was mainly because townie employees when told to take a break would go and try to make hamburgers!  And i hated the way visitors would just help themselves to food and try to cook it!  So I rather gave up on cafes and stuck with shops.  And I quite honestly find it all about the most boring aspect of the game so I don't spend a lot of time in businesses of any kind.
Remove the grills. Maxis rarely properly seals the grills off to <shameless plug>Authorized Personnel Only</shameless plug>, nor are townie-employees trained to actually properly operate one at the correct times.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2006 May 27, 17:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did, but after nearly being fried to a crisp twice in one sim day, Lilith sold the cafe and bought a toy store!

I'll maybe try it when I feel like a bout of cafe and restaurant owning, I'll even remove smart-serve!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2006 May 29, 13:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached error logs to do with bed nazi

[attachment deleted by admin]
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2006 May 29, 20:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems we have an update folks!  Thanks JM, looks like you've made several improvements!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2006 June 11, 11:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still having Bed Nazi issues.  Here is the setup.  One room with two single beds.  One bed is a custom bed, one bed the Maxis "castle" fantasy bed.  One clock.  I have Sim A go in and set the clock for wakeup time, bed class and bedtime (always max).  Sim B then goes in and also sets her wakeup time (same time) and the bedtime and the warning message.  Bed Nazi is by default on.

Sim A can sleep in either bed in the room, no problem.  Sim B can not sleep in either bed in the room as the Bed Nazi boots her.  It has been pretty consistent doing it in this room only.  In the room with the double bed, my sim hubby and I are both set up on the clock and can both sleep in the bed.  Children are properly booted by the Bed Nazi.

They are also being called to bed even if their energy bars are nearly full and their wake time is many many hours away (such as returning from honeymoon or recently caffeinated sims)

it used to work perfectly.  I think this particular house may be messing some things up.  I'm about to post an error log elsewhere about the make..... option with the expensive stove.
C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2006 June 11, 11:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the new update? I think I specifically tested this case.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2006 June 11, 11:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the new update? I think I specifically tested this case.
I thought I was but my edition was two days older.  I'll try it again.  Will that also fix them being called to bed even if they're not tired?

C

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2006 June 11, 12:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I was but my edition was two days older.  I'll try it again.  Will that also fix them being called to bed even if they're not tired?
You better be careful, or that might get called "Pulling a Cwieberdink". If they're being called to bed even when not apparently tired, that's because you've turned their bed time caller ON and based on a calculation of their present energy level and desired wake time, that happens to be the time they should be sent to sleep. This may appear to be high on energy, but it's a carefully calculated mathematical intercept. It is thus correct behavior.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2006 June 11, 12:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You better be careful, or that might get called "Pulling a Cwieberdink".

Well, if you'll notice ZZ posted a "we have an update" message on the 29th of May.  I went and d/l the update.  I don't check every hack every day.  :-P  Don't worry, cwieberdink will from now on fervently check all hack versions before posting.

C

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2006 June 11, 12:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, wouldn't that be a good use for the News Box?

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2006 June 11, 12:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ!!  You're mean!  Wink

C

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2006 June 11, 12:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. The newsbox is for IMPORTANT announcements, like Kewians being stupid, Cwieberdinks being dumb, Hobbsees having scrawny pencil necks, and BlueSoups being fatheaded.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2006 June 11, 12:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ!!  You're mean!  Wink
Why, that's an excellent idea! I'm glad I thought of it!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2006 June 11, 12:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm just confused!  And I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant, too.  But I think someone just likes to be difficult, and pretend to get the wrong end of the stick, just as an excuse!

Zephyr Zodiac
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2006 June 13, 06:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had 2 teens in one room sharing a sleep clock, each with a single bed. Then my twin toddlers aged to children. My teens were getting ready to leave for college so rather than buy new beds and clocks I just reassigned everything to the toddlers-turned children.

One child went to bed just fine. But the sleep nazi keeps kicking the other girl to the curb. It worked fine with the 2 teens and the only thing that I changed was who was assigned to the sleepclock and beds. (Using Inge's reserved beds and patch-you can use both together). I double checked to make sure that the correct names were on both the beds and clock and they are. So why does she keep getting kicked out? Especially since it worked for the last 2 that were assigned to it?

I have the latest version. I just downloaded again a few minutes ago just to be sure because you said this bug had been squashed.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: