More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:25:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31  (Read 273872 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31 (02/01/06)
« Reply #125 on: 2006 May 23, 18:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I briefly talked with JM in chat about using the bed nazi to keep children out of double beds.  I am now having an issue with my sim hubby sleeping in any bed in the house BESIDES ours!  All beds have a clock.  Rooms with bunk beds have one clock.  Otherwise even rooms with two single beds have two clocks.  Each bed is assigned to a family member.  All settings have been checked and double checked.  Bed nazi worked once that I saw and I have not seen it boot a person since.  All people sleeping in the wrong beds are family members.  Today as I was playing, sim hubby went to the bathroom in our bedroom, then walked down the hall and go into our son's lower bunkbed.  In the middle of the night, he woke up and moved to the upper bunk.  ??  Weird.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2006 May 23, 19:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rooms with bunk beds have one clock.  Otherwise even rooms with two single beds have two clocks.  Each bed is assigned to a family member.  All settings have been checked and double checked.

I think that's the problem -- having multiple clocks in the same room.  Each clock can handle two (identical) single beds or one double bed and users in the same room, so try deleting a bunch of clocks and see if it helps.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2006 May 23, 19:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hit a separate problem today that I thought was fixed.  I had a teen Sim abducted by aliens about two hours before she was due to go to bed.  Well, while she was gone her sleep clock kept kicking up a 'go to bed' command every time her energy fluctuated all the way down, and popping up 'Bedtime in less than an hour' warning boxes constantly. I spent a good portion of my time deleting all the sleep/use bathroom commands from her queue.

I'm using all the latest maty.zip versions of the various controllers.

On the plus side, she'll get to fulfill her want for the 'extraterrestrial reparations grant'. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2006 May 25, 11:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hit a separate problem today that I thought was fixed.  I had a teen Sim abducted by aliens about two hours before she was due to go to bed.  Well, while she was gone her sleep clock kept kicking up a 'go to bed' command every time her energy fluctuated all the way down, and popping up 'Bedtime in less than an hour' warning boxes constantly. I spent a good portion of my time deleting all the sleep/use bathroom commands from her queue.
I think I noticed that also. I will look into having that stompinated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2006 May 25, 12:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you just tell me before I close my game and install the update - are there still a whole ruck of non-existent beds in the list which appears in game?  Or did they get tidied up?  (Or was it just my sleep clock playing games?)

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2006 May 25, 12:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you just tell me before I close my game and install the update - are there still a whole ruck of non-existent beds in the list which appears in game?  Or did they get tidied up?  (Or was it just my sleep clock playing games?)

If you're referring to the long list of bed classes, they're still there.  But that's good, because the settings that don't necessarily match existing maxis beds do fill in the gaps where many CC beds fit.  It gives you finer control over the sleep time.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2006 May 25, 12:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I know some CC beds SAY they are better than the Maxis ones for energy and comfort, but mostly they aren't, and as long as my sms get to bed early enough to get the full energy bar, I don't mind if they get a few extra minutes!  If there's only one bathroom, I can usually wake one of them up a bit early so they don't spend all the time till the car-pool or school bus arrives pacing the floor waiting their turn!  But so long as most of those extra numbers are at the end, I don't mind, just found it confusing at first, as I wasn't sure if I had the right list compared to the clock - since I got it with the Director's Cut and had to find the rtfm.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2006 May 25, 12:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the new beds Maxis has added in OFB and FFP fall in the 'in-between' spaces too, so it's not just CC. Smiley Unless the specific bed is in the RTFM list, I usually just leave the sleep clock at the default for a sim day or two, and watch to see when the sim's energy bar is full. If it's a big difference in time (either way), I'll tweak the settings -- otherwise, they just stay at the default.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2006 May 25, 12:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH, well, I don't have FFP, and I find the OFB beds fit about where the game says they fit, so they're easy enough to put in the right slot.  It's ok when you start with a new lot of poor sims, though, they start on the cheap beds and move up, and you just change the settings each time!  And if they don't have time to eat before school, they get fed there, whereas if you feed them before school they come home hungry!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2006 May 25, 13:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, i don't usually feed my sims breakfast if they're off to work/school -- let them get free food there! Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2006 May 25, 13:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wel, I do like to have my sims eat together in the mornings when I can, it puts them in a good mood before they go out....but if they're busy doing other stuff, then free food is good.  Mind you , since OFB I've noticed that the cheap fridge is cheaper to replace when it gets nearly empty than it is to restock!

Zephyr Zodiac
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2006 May 25, 18:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also found that even the Maxis beds can usually be bumped up a level or two higher than the RTFM recommends, and I love to maximize awake time, so I like having the fine control.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2006 May 25, 18:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it depends a lot on whether you have MAX on or not - if they have to finish something first, it's good to have a bit of leeway.  And the trouble with have MAX on is all the dirty dishes go really green and flyblown overnight!

Zephyr Zodiac
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2006 May 25, 18:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the trouble with have MAX on is all the dirty dishes go really green and flyblown overnight!

LOL. My Sims eat dinner and clean up several hours before bedtime (exactly 13 hours after waking up, actually), so I don't have that problem. Usually they are just skilling before bed, but I don't use the Max setting because every so often they're doing something more important that I actually want them to finish, so I just manually cancel the skilling action when the bedtime icon pops up.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2006 May 25, 18:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble is, if they're skilling, they'll take a break by themselves!  I actually prefer mine to get their skills by doing things where possible too, it's so boring just watching them read or play chess or watch TV etc. - and why don't they use the stereo to get body points?  I haven't tried it with kids (don't have many around at present) so I wonder if they use the stereo, or if they can only gain fitness if there's an assault course or punchbag around?

And I've never worked out when exactly my sims eat - seems to me they eat when they're hungry!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2006 May 25, 22:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kids will use the stereo for body points, but I don't think the skillinator controls that -- you have to do it manually.  However, they do use the obstacle course and punching bag under skillinator control (and manual, as well).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2006 May 25, 22:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I was well aware they will use the stereo if you tell them to, just wondered if the skillinator would do it!  Just have a shortage of kids to experiment with at present - just grew a whole batch up to teen!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2006 May 25, 23:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the option for Body to come up for kids under the Skillinator unless there is a punching bag or obstacle course on the lot.  I've had several kids spin up a want to gain a body skill point, though, so I have to put them in front of the radio myself.  It doesn't take long for that first point, though, and they are happy after that.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2006 May 25, 23:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just visually more interesting to see sims pouring with green sweat when they work out with the stereo as opposed to the TV (which of course is off limits to kids, which seems odd Maxian logic to me!) - I know the TV is more efficient, just that the stereo is more fun!  (for me, that is....)

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2006 May 25, 23:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Green sweat - I like that!  LOL

I use Syberspunk's hack that allows them to build body while they are dancing, so they can gain body points while using the Skillinator Dance option, although it's not fast, it does allow you to tackle two things at once. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2006 May 25, 23:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might well give that a try, although I'm getting so many hacks now which are purely for my benefit, when once I intended to only use them if they were essential to put right a fault in the original coding - but that was eons ago!

It doesn't really matter that much, I've so many military and athletic sims in my hood, most of them have the reward objects and the kids can use those!  (I've had them reach level 8 in one go on the assault course if they get going as soon as they have their birthday, though what IQ has to do with physical fitness I have yet to understand!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2006 May 25, 23:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the smart milk bug.  Or were you being facetious?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2006 May 26, 00:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was being extremely facetious - OK, so they have 3x the normal sim !Q (sometimes 4x) but what that has to do with body skills is beyond me!  You can be fat and lazy and still have a high IQ!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2006 May 26, 00:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I've never worked out when exactly my sims eat - seems to me they eat when they're hungry!
That seems intuitively obvious and logical to me. Why would you eat when you're not hungry?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2006 May 26, 00:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's what I meant, I suppose, and since I use smart-serve, if I had them cook a meal when no-one was hungry (just because it was 13 hours since they got up) they wouldn't actually cook a meal, they'd just cook for themselves and then, if they were active sims they'd waste it, and if they were lazy ones, they'd eat it and get fat!  So I don't tell them to cook a meal until at least two or three are hungry, and if the visitor from work leaves in a huff, too bad!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: