More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:42:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31  (Read 273873 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.3 (01/29/06)
« Reply #100 on: 2006 February 01, 08:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow, I have also been playing with the sleepclock for some time now.  My printout of the bed classes is from version 1.70, which I downloaded before this board existed.

My last post was merely supplying information from my in-game observations in case it is helpful when Pescado tracks down the glitch.  I worked for an organisation which had very complex software that was continually being upgraded (and therefore prone to glitches), and our systems support people always asked us to give as much detail as possible when we encountered those glitches.

The information I was providing was that I have been changing the wakeup times a lot lately and I didn't know if that was relevant to the glitch or not.  If it is relevant, that might be helpful in finding the glitch.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 February 01, 08:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna, I did not mean to come across as putting you down or anything.  I was also merely pointing out that I had done what you described before and it had not caused a problem in the past.  I didn't know how long you had been using the sleepclock in your game.  I also have worked for companies with complex software systems and I am aware of the need for detail.  Unfortunately, some people told that I gave too much detail, so I never know whether I am giving too much or not enough.  So no offense intended.  Smiley
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 February 01, 09:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I didn't think you were putting me down.  I didn't intend any offense to you with my post, and I hope it didn't come across as tetchy.

I was going to add to my earlier post (two posts ago) that I have only noticed this sleep clock glitch since I downloaded the MATY of 26th Jan, so the problem was in the sleepclock in that version (not just in the version of the 29th Jan).  But I edited it out before clicking to post as I'd already mentioned it in this thread.  I guess I should have left it in the post for more clarity.

On the need for detail - I figure too much information is better than insufficient information.  At work I learnt that the one tidbit of information I omit at first as I think it's trivial can be the vital clue that system support needs.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 February 01, 09:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first version i tried of this was the 24th jan version, talk about bad luck to decide to use the sleepclock when this error pops up somehow.  I'm somewhat relieved that it's not just me experiencing the problem of them not going to bed as they should be.  Hopefully J.M can find what's causing this oddity in it.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 February 01, 10:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, LFox, it is great when it works!  As you said, you seem to have had the misfortune of coming in right at this moment.  I could not for the life of me figure out why it wasn't working for you, then I updated to the latest director's cut.  I saw the previous users' problems and realized that I had not seen the sleep clock send any sims to bed lately.  The few houses I had played, I had either used the caffeinate option or I been sending sims to bed manually.  Now that I am paying attention, it's annoying.  For the record, the Bed Nazi seems to work fine, as my sims are now seeking any bed to fall into since they are so tired.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 February 01, 10:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31 (02/01/06)
« Reply #106 on: 2006 February 01, 10:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What was wrong with it?
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 February 01, 20:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just checked it and it works perfect for me.  All 3 of my sims were called to bed.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 February 01, 22:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  Working fine for me.  Getting warnings as well as my sims being called to bed.  Thanks for the fix Cheesy

A request: Would it be possible for the warning to be temporarily suppressed if the sim is off the lot due to abduction?  I had one of my sims abducted just after putting the latest version of the sleepclock in, and got spammed with sleepclock warnings due to the wild fluctuation of moods that occurs during an abduction.  At one point I paused the game to close all the warning boxes and counted around 40 of them.  There were plenty more warnings after that too.  (On the positive side, it was certainly a reminder that the sleepclock is working properly now)

HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2006 February 02, 21:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible for the warning to be temporarily suppressed if the sim is off the lot due to abduction?

You can always turn it off manually. Unlike the other settings on the clock, the time warning toggle is instant - it doesn't queue up the Sim to press a button. So you can turn it on or off anytime regardless of whether the Sim is on the lot.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 February 05, 17:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get a warning even though I do not use bed time or bed time warning.  It happens to a sim in a household where the sim is single and living with a couple.  I don't get the unwanted warning in other arrangements.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 February 06, 00:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  Working fine for me.  Getting warnings as well as my sims being called to bed.  Thanks for the fix Cheesy

A request: Would it be possible for the warning to be temporarily suppressed if the sim is off the lot due to abduction?
I can squish the warning for off-lot sims, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Klaatu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 February 12, 20:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but this hack and Inge's Double No Kids hack seem to clash in some way. My adults would get called to bed by the sleep clock fine, but when reaching the bed they would just look down at it and not get in. After taking out Inge's hack they got in fine.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 February 12, 20:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny. I've had both hacks in for ages, and never had that issue. Is this a custom bed perhaps?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 February 12, 20:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could depend on which hack is loaded last
Klaatu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 February 12, 21:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried a number of beds, both custom and non. Doesn't seem to matter. Maybe it's a third hack somehow where the problem doesn't occur without Inge's. I mostly only have hacks from JM, twojeff, and one or two from Inge's; vary few of anything else.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 February 12, 21:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you also use her reservable beds patch? I remember there were problems with the older version. The current one works fine.
Klaatu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 February 13, 15:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do, but not sure what version I'm using. I went ahead and updated it anyway. Not sure if it was updating this, or something else I did 'cause I tried some other things too, but things work the way they should now. Thanks.
Klaatu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 March 05, 05:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed a small problem with the sleep clock and OFB, specifically if using an elevator from the EP. If the sim is on one floor and their bed is on another, when the sleep clock calls the sim to bed the sim will walk up to the elevator and wait for it, and get in. The doors close then immediately open again where the sim departs from the elevator, turns around and pushes the button again. This goes on in a loop, at least long enough for me to get tired of watching it happen over and over. The sim never gets to the floor containing their bed.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 March 06, 08:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are aware of this issue. There is no particularly good explanation for it at present. Workarounds are currently being considered. News at 10.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006 March 06, 09:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that 10 pm MST?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006 April 12, 16:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seperate question -- OFB introduced some new beds that don't quite match the existing ones as far as comfort/energy levels. Plus, I'm a sucker for custom beds, which also sometimes don't exactly match the Maxis defaults.  What's the "formula" to figure out how to set the sleep clock for a bed that's not in the RTFM list?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 April 12, 16:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seperate question -- OFB introduced some new beds that don't quite match the existing ones as far as comfort/energy levels. Plus, I'm a sucker for custom beds, which also sometimes don't exactly match the Maxis defaults.  What's the "formula" to figure out how to set the sleep clock for a bed that's not in the RTFM list?
Guess conservatively unless you happen to want to do a SimPE rip or someone tells you the exact value.

In practice, given the allowance for navigational delays, the difference tends not to be great as long as you hit the general ballpark figure.

HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2006 April 12, 16:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the "formula" to figure out how to set the sleep clock for a bed that's not in the RTFM list?

I've always gone by trial and error... eg. if the bed is listed as a 4 energy, then I start at the lowest rating in the E4 category... if the Sim's energy is filled more than an hour before their wake time, then I go up one more rating, etc. until the Sim appears to get just enough sleep.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2006 April 12, 19:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you both!  I've been doing that, in a way -- using the setting for a bed that's close to what the custom/new bed has.  But the 'full energy an hour before waking' is a good yardstick.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: