More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:12:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31  (Read 273713 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31 (02/01/06)
« Reply #175 on: 2006 June 13, 07:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just played a house for the first time since installing OFB.  I have a sleep clock with a double bed and a married couple.  When she went to relax on the bed, the sleep clock kicked her to the curb, saying NO BED FOR YOU!  But she is assigned to the sleep clock as is her husband, and they have a great relationship.  I turned off the bed nazi for now, but I wondered why that happened?  It sounds similar to the problem described by magicmoon, only I'm not using a resealable bed patch or anything, and this clock has been assigned to her and her husband for a long time.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2006 June 13, 08:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never noticed this, but I don't think I turn the Bed Nazi on as, apart from the occasional parent deciding to lie on the kid's bed and read, I don't really have a problem with sims sleeping in the wrong bed.  In fact, mostly sim kids in my game just go and nap somewhere, since OFB they almost never put themselves to bed!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2006 June 13, 10:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the Bed Nazi is on by default.  I have to turn it off if it causes undesirable effects.  When JM first introduced the Bed Nazi, there was no option to turn it off, and we complained so that he added an option to turn it off and on, thankfully.  Sometimes it was interfering with my Romance sims being able to get it on with their lovers, even when they were best friends.  The problem with sims sleeping in the wrong bed is that it blocks the owner of that bed from sleeping in it when called by their own sleep clock. 

I use TJ's no autonomous napping, so my sims never nap on the sofa or wherever.  It always seemed like such a waste of time.  They get very little energy from it, and if the radio or TV is on, they don't get to sleep much anyway.  I was using Inge's no napping patch until TJ improved on it by just removing the autonomy.  Now I have the option to have them nap if I want, but they don't always go off napping somewhere all the time, even when they aren't that tired.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Programmable Sleep Clock v3.31
« Reply #178 on: 2006 June 13, 10:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just played a house for the first time since installing OFB.  I have a sleep clock with a double bed and a married couple.  When she went to relax on the bed, the sleep clock kicked her to the curb, saying NO BED FOR YOU!  But she is assigned to the sleep clock as is her husband, and they have a great relationship.  I turned off the bed nazi for now, but I wondered why that happened?  It sounds similar to the problem described by magicmoon, only I'm not using a resealable bed patch or anything, and this clock has been assigned to her and her husband for a long time.
This sounds like a bug which has already been fixed. Update to the new version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2006 June 13, 10:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the 5/31 version of the sleep clock in the OFB directory.  I just checked it. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2006 June 13, 10:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use TJ's no autonomous napping, so my sims never nap on the sofa or wherever.  It always seemed like such a waste of time.  They get very little energy from it, and if the radio or TV is on, they don't get to sleep much anyway.  I was using Inge's no napping patch until TJ improved on it by just removing the autonomy.  Now I have the option to have them nap if I want, but they don't always go off napping somewhere all the time, even when they aren't that tired.

The recliner that came with OFB, and is thankfully not damaged like the sofas and looks quite good in a bedroom with the matching bed etc., is far better than even the expensive recliner!

Zephyr Zodiac
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2006 June 13, 11:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like a bug which has already been fixed. Update to the new version.

I know I have the latest version too. See post #174

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2006 June 13, 11:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the Bed Nazi is on by default.  I have to turn it off if it causes undesirable effects.  When JM first introduced the Bed Nazi, there was no option to turn it off, and we complained so that he added an option to turn it off and on, thankfully.  Sometimes it was interfering with my Romance sims being able to get it on with their lovers, even when they were best friends.  The problem with sims sleeping in the wrong bed is that it blocks the owner of that bed from sleeping in it when called by their own sleep clock. 

I use TJ's no autonomous napping, so my sims never nap on the sofa or wherever.  It always seemed like such a waste of time.  They get very little energy from it, and if the radio or TV is on, they don't get to sleep much anyway.  I was using Inge's no napping patch until TJ improved on it by just removing the autonomy.  Now I have the option to have them nap if I want, but they don't always go off napping somewhere all the time, even when they aren't that tired.

HA!  So it's not just a cwieberdink problem!

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2006 July 31, 09:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have intermittent trouble with with making beds and tucking in. Sims are being kicked to the curb by the bed nazi. Sometimes it affects one sim, but not another. Other times the same sim can perform an act but gets kicked if he/she tries to perform the same act at a later time...or vice versa, the first time they get kicked, next time they don't.

I find no difference between directing a sim to do these actions or them performing them autonomously. I am aware that I can turn off the nazi, but it does such a great job on keeping things straight unless it decides to randomly kick a sim.

Any suggestions?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2006 July 31, 12:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the actions are operating at low priority, they may be seen as autonomous. I have never seen this with making beds, although this is rarely necessary, and I have no idea what "tucking in" is, other than that it sounds pointless.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2006 August 01, 05:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tucking in is actually pointless, but sometimes my sims do it autonomously anyway. They just go up to a sleeping child or toddler and give them a kiss after they are asleep. I only bother with making beds when I am going to give a tour to the headmaster, but sometimes they make beds autonomously too.

I'm aware that you don't like freewill so most likely haven't seen tucking in. However, I enjoy freewill because I like to laugh at how stupid they are.

It is not a huge problem, but sometimes I have a really stupid sim who gets kicked to the curb because of the action, then decides it is a good idea to go tuck the rest of the kids in too, even though they get kicked over and over.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2006 August 01, 05:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not understand the logical purpose of such an action. Why would you do such a thing in real life? It seems pointless, at best you will just wake the little screaming monster, and then you'll be in for it.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2006 August 01, 19:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the cliche is you see someone thrashing around because they're cold, so you pull the covers up over them to keep them warm. The kissing part is the creepy westernization that is probably best not thought about.  Wink

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2006 August 02, 01:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its not creepy. Children feel safe and loved when they are tucked in.  Preferably done while putting child to bed, or if covers have been knocked off.  ((cant picture Pescado tucking anyone in.....*shudders*))

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2006 August 02, 01:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's reassuring that he doesn't tuck anyone in.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2006 August 02, 01:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its not creepy. Children feel safe and loved when they are tucked in.  Preferably done while putting child to bed, or if covers have been knocked off.  ((cant picture Pescado tucking anyone in.....*shudders*))
You're not supposed to feel safe when asleep. Sleep should rightly be viewed as being terrifying and fraught with peril, so children can be trained not to do it. What else can you really consider the shutting down of active sensors? If you want them to feel SAFE, you post watches and teach them to either sleep in shifts or not at all.

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2006 August 02, 02:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes drill sergeant...in shifts!!! *tells other moms to put babies on the first shift ...crawl and trip intruders,  toddlers the second shift .. whining and temper tantrums to distract intruders,  and children the third shift...jump up and down and off the walls to distract invaders.  You mean like THAT?HuhHuh Shocked

Waldi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2006 September 03, 12:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there a chance you could do an upgrade to include the new double bed from the glamour life pack into the calculating routines, please?
that new bed comes with energy 7, so using any E6 setting for the clock wastes time in the evening
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2006 September 03, 12:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd have to determine what the true energy/hr of that bed is first. Does the E7 setting not work? E7-37 would be what it would be if it followed the existing curve, but it's hard to say.

Waldi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2006 September 03, 13:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the E7 setting not work?
Ooops, my mistake... well i didn't even know the clock had a E7 setting! it's not mentioned in the readme i printed out as reference and i hardly ever use the E8 beds in the game so i never looked that far  Embarrassed
I guess E7 will do the trick then... sorry for bothering you!
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2006 October 22, 02:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does each setting mean?

I'm trying to figure one out for the new SIm bed provided with pets.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2006 October 22, 03:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EX is meaningless, but roughly corresponds to the value of the "energy" rating as listed in the catalogue. For a Maxian bed, this is probably a good estimate. The -XX part indicates how many points of energy are actually gained per hour in it, but you can't directly see this without poking in SimPE.

The Atomic Double is  37 EPH bed, which makes it an E7-37 (it says E6, but this part really means nothing, and the E7 rating was penned based on interpolating between E6-36 and the medieval's E8-38). The single is an unexceptionally crappy E3-28. Don't use it.

Manual updated to include this and the GLS bed. No actual hack update.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 22, 03:57:33 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2006 October 22, 17:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Pes, I was going to use the double bed anyways.

Smiley
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2006 November 08, 16:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've come up with a way to do automatic class bed setting. I've verified that the Lua code works, anyway:

Code:
local bed = GetPrimitiveParameter(0)
local g = GlobalObjManager:getObjectGUIDFromObjectId(bed)
SetTemp(0, GetConstantWithGuid(g, 4097, 2))

All you'd have to do is pass the bed objectId to the Lua, and this would give you the Energy rating.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2006 November 09, 05:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that would be nice. I hate having to look up those darned codes to set it. And I never know what to do custom beds with or beds in a new expansion or stuff pack.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: