More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 05:53:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Holiday Stuff Pack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Holiday Stuff Pack  (Read 4145 times)
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
Holiday Stuff Pack
« on: 2009 January 09, 19:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I was looking at the renders on TS2.com from the holiday stuff pack and realised I was missing a heap of outfits out of my install of that stuff pack (I know, it's not "really" a stuff pack but more like a patch). I vaguely remember someone saying that the holiday stuff pack was kinda split into two parts - H05 (for 2005 stuff) and H06 (for 2006 stuff).

I went snooping and I only found H05 in my files, not H06 anywhere. Because it's not a "real" stuff pack, it doesn't have the ability to uninstall it. I'm wondering this:

Can I either a) get the H06 files off someone and add them to the correct folders and they'll appear in the game okay without any needs for installs, OR b) is there some way I can go about uninstalling the pack without having to do a clean install to find an alternate copy that would have the H06 stuff in it and thus give me the outfits I am looking for?

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Ravenwings
Blathering Buffoon

Nefarious!

View Profile
Re: Holiday Stuff Pack
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 10, 01:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You failed to search.

Even I know to do this, and I'm a noob.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13640.0.html by the hated(?) SaraMK.

This isn't everything -- I think I understand it to be only hair and clothing, but no objects -- but what is included works fine in my game.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 January 10, 01:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh snapped!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 January 10, 03:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You failed to search.

Even I know to do this, and I'm a noob.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13640.0.html by the hated(?) SaraMK.

This isn't everything -- I think I understand it to be only hair and clothing, but no objects -- but what is included works fine in my game.

Actually no I didn't fail to search at all - I saw that thread; not what I'm looking for. This is not a "giv me this stuff plx" thread like that one and I'm not looking for anything that goes in my downloads folder. I already have the things, I'm wanting to know the options out of the two I posted as I know that sometimes things like that will work with EA and other times it won't be recognized.

I'm looking to know if I can add in the H06.bundle file that I was given which is different to extracting certain things (as it has all CC stars removed and they aren't standalones) or if I can somehow uninstall the Holiday Pack that I have and replace it with the one that includes the H06.bundle (as Vista won't let me install when it says it's already installed so an "over the top" install isn't possible).

The file itself works like a patch like I posted in the OP, so it goes into the base game folders. I'm wanting to know if I can take out the specific parts pertaining to it and have it considered to be "uninstalled" without borking my base game install or not.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 10, 03:50:19 by kiki » Logged

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Ravenwings
Blathering Buffoon

Nefarious!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 January 10, 03:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually no I didn't fail to search at all - I saw that thread; not what I'm looking for. This is not a "giv me this stuff plx" thread like that one and I'm not looking for anything that goes in my downloads folder. I already have the things, I'm wanting to know the options out of the two I posted as I know that sometimes things like that will work with EA and other times it won't be recognized.

I'm looking to know if I can add in the H06.bundle file that I was given which is different to extracting certain things (as it has all CC stars removed and they aren't standalones) or if I can somehow uninstall the Holiday Pack that I have and replace it with the one that includes the H06.bundle (as Vista won't let me install when it says it's already installed so an "over the top" install isn't possible).

The file itself works like a patch like I posted in the OP, so it goes into the base game folders. I'm wanting to know if I can take out the specific parts pertaining to it and have it considered to be "uninstalled" without borking my base game install or not.

LOL

Okay then, you really suck at making yourself understood.

Can I either a) get the H06 files off someone and add them to the correct folders and they'll appear in the game okay without any needs for installs, OR b) is there some way I can go about uninstalling the pack without having to do a clean install to find an alternate copy that would have the H06 stuff in it and thus give me the outfits I am looking for?

a) this is done by sticking files into a Bins folder, since you're opposed to sticking them into Downloads. They'll appear in the game, with no need for installing the stuff pack. "H06 files" ... um... that would be the stuff I linked to.
b) downloading the extracted files I linked to is how you get the outfits you're looking for.

You're flailing and I call LOSE.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 January 10, 05:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went snooping and I only found H05 in my files, not H06 anywhere. Because it's not a "real" stuff pack, it doesn't have the ability to uninstall it. I'm wondering this:
Looks like you had 2005 Mini pack then, if you have only H05 file.

a) get the H06 files off someone and add them to the correct folders and they'll appear in the game okay without any needs for installs
This method will work for 2006 objects, but NOT for skins. Objects will appear without further ado. But to make Holiday skins appear in the catalogue, your base game Skins.package file must be updated by 2006 Holiday Stuff Pack installer.

b) is there some way I can go about uninstalling the pack without having to do a clean install to find an alternate copy that would have the H06 stuff in it and thus give me the outfits I am looking for?
You already acquired 2006 Holiday pack, right?
If H05 and H06 files are found in your Bins folder, the game thinks that Holiday pack is already installed. Deleting H05 and H06 bundle allowed me to reinstall 2006 pack "over the top" without uninstalling the whole game. Skins.package was properly updated too, restoring all missing Holiday outfits. I'm on XP though, not sure about Vista.

If all else fails, you can ask for updated base game Skins.package file from someone who already installed 2006 Holiday pack successfully.

@Ravenwings: SaraMK's ripped Holiday skins are built like regular CC, each mesh and recolor separated into a dozen different files. Downloading SaraMK's ripped outfits is not the same thing as properly reinstalling Holiday pack, or attempting to repair broken installation by adding missing files. Especially when I already own 2006 Holiday pack.

Ravenwings
Blathering Buffoon

Nefarious!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 January 10, 05:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Ravenwings: SaraMK's ripped Holiday skins are built like regular CC, each mesh and recolor separated into a dozen different files. Downloading SaraMK's ripped outfits is not the same thing as properly reinstalling Holiday pack, or attempting to repair broken installation by adding missing files. Especially when I already own 2006 Holiday pack.

Still a huge communication fail. There is no way "realised I was missing a heap of outfits" and "without any needs for installs" and "give me the outfits I am looking for" means what Kiki claims she means in her second post. If Kiki did not want extracted objects, then she should have made it crystal clear that this was not what she wanted, or that she already knew that they existed. Otherwise, her request was very awkwardly phrased.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: