More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 05, 05:22:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sharing neighborhoods - Simpotence thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sharing neighborhoods - Simpotence thread  (Read 38507 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Sharing neighborhoods - Simpotence thread
« Reply #75 on: 2005 November 18, 18:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now can we make our sims available for download on the sims2 site?

If you want to contribute your sims to the neighborhood, you can either email them to me or email me the link to your sims2 page with your permission to include them in the joint neighborhood.   simmiecal@simpotence.com
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 November 19, 11:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I just emailed simmiecal with the links to download a hippie commune. Who else has made stuff, I'm curious to know. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 November 19, 12:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I just emailed simmiecal with the links to download a hippie commune. Who else has made stuff, I'm curious to know. Smiley

So far, in  addition to your contribution, I have received one lot and two sim families. Several people have asked questions about submissions so it will be interesting to see how many people will submit something after the weekend. I picked a tentative submission due date by next week Monday (11/28). I figure that would give people two weekends to work on anything they might want to submit - after all, some people have RL stuff to do  Tongue Roll Eyes and with this coming week being a holiday in the US, people might not have much sim time.
Twiki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 November 19, 12:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the house for my family done and some random townies made. Just need to finish the family FOR the house and then you'll be getting something from me.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 November 19, 21:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool! I have starter houses for download, as does Reggikko and this Erwin who has been mentioned - I get time to go and look for his work today Smiley - so don't worry if anyone isn't into building.

Are we going to make any community lots? I might try one, haven't done one yet. I will also create a random townie selection this weekend.

Simmiecal, I visualised the commune as being on the outlying areas of the poorer district, more country than town.

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 November 20, 01:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is done, but I think I'd like to at least install University so I can have a few more options as to decor because frankly using the Maxis stuff from the base game is uh...
I've also created a few townies. Elders and kids because I thought less people would be interested in sending them.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 November 20, 02:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is done, but I think I'd like to at least install University so I can have a few more options as to decor because frankly using the Maxis stuff from the base game is uh...
yeah!
I've also created a few townies. Elders and kids because I thought less people would be interested in sending them.
I thought the same  Grin

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 November 28, 22:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmecal:  Did you get my submission?  I was having trouble sending because it was a large file.   Huh
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 November 29, 00:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is what I have received so far:

Andrea sent a self-sim (is that you Andygal?)
Kristalrose sent a lot (haven't pulled it from the exchange yet)
Witch sent the hippie commune
Twiki sent 8 townies with a backstory
Cherie sent a file that keeps crashing my email when I try opening (will try from another machine this evening in case it is a computer specific problem instead of a problem with the email)

Is anyone else interested in this project and just needs more time or is there just not enough interest to pursue this project?
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 November 29, 01:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm definately still interested but need more time

Twiki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 November 29, 08:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is what I have received so far:

Twiki sent 8 townies with a backstory

Just to let you know, there should have been two lots in the zip - the random townies (no real backstory), and a family in the house (which is what all the babbling was about). If you didn't get the lot with the Jenkins family, let me know and I will resend - they're the ones I've been working on for the past two weeks. Smiley
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 November 29, 10:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Andrea sent a self-sim (is that you Andygal?)

Yes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 November 29, 10:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still keen.
*bump

xmas break is coming, things might settle a bit after the big day & we can all play more. Wink

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 November 29, 15:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still keen.
*bump

xmas break is coming, things might settle a bit after the big day & we can all play more. Wink

Well, if people are interested, why don't we extend the deadline to the end of December? That will give people a couple of weekends to work on items. If we don't have much by then, we might have to scrap the whole idea.

Witch, if you don't mind, regardless of what comes of the shared neighborhood, would you mind if I use your hippie commune in my neighborhood?
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 November 29, 19:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, glad you got them.  Smiley  Need any more?
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 November 29, 19:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, glad you got them.  Smiley  Need any more?

Anything and everything you want to contribute is welcome.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2005 November 30, 12:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've sent some stuff - hope you can use some of it.  willow walk lots and a few families
I have the base game only, no Uni, no NL.  Is anyone here interested in sharing something somehow?

How about the no 20k handout hack?  are you going to play with that?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 November 30, 14:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have the base game for now, but I was going to install the EPs before sharing because I was hoping there'd be better decorating options, my homes are very user friendly, but definately lack the creativity that everyone else seems to have. (mine are boxes because I like to see what's going on in all my rooms, they're also very efficient, everything is there for a reason)
I have a few different families that I'm considering, but I'd like them to be in (a replica of) their home.

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 November 30, 16:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK -
Here is what I am envisioning:

Personally, I am addicted to custom content and cannot play with just the fugly Maxis stuff. I am going to create the neighborhood with custom content. But I will put up two neighborhoods for download: one with custom content and one where I have stripped out all the custom content. The characters and back story will be the same for both.

As far as "rules", we agreed that the base neighborhood would be available for anyone to download and to play as they choose. If there is enough of an interest, we will come up with a "challenge" that people could participate in with the neighborhood if they choose to. I'd be interested in participating in the challenge, but it seems from those that have already responded, they are not too keen about playing with challenge rules.

So, feel free to send your submissions with custom content and I'll later remove the custom content for those that don't want it. If you can, tell me what custom content is included in your file. (If your download folder is anything like mine, that's easier said than done.  Wink )
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 December 01, 01:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's not too redundant, I could send it both ways.
I created it in a clean neighbourhood (under a new Windows XP user with no CC) but I packaged the lot and all the Sims are cloned.
I'd wanted to send it with a couple pictures of how it looks in my neighbourhood (with the CC), but I could easily do one in Maxis and the same with CC. I know where most of my CC comes from and could limit my use to stuff I can identify.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2005 December 01, 10:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you should have received the willow walk lots which includes some small, playable community lots: health spa, one stop shop, the fun house, community swimming pool, riverside shop with a pool in the river (I never got that how I wanted it - I think you need uni to do it properly.

HAving trouble sendiing families - what's your max file size? 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 December 01, 19:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, if you don't mind, regardless of what comes of the shared neighborhood, would you mind if I use your hippie commune in my neighborhood?

I would be flattered. Smiley Keep your eyes open for the next few days, I have an upgraded version I'll be uploading soon. I put the main room on a foundation 'cos I got sick of paging up and down all the time. I've added a driveway for one car and moved the toilets to the lowest spot on the lot and more. Plus the writers' shack for Ancient up on the hill amongst the trees, and the band practice room above the main common room...

Found a mini cooper for download the other day, I'm going to enjoy watching 15 commune members get into it. Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: