More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:05:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 305981 times)
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #225 on: 2009 February 03, 21:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My impression now is the TS3 is largely being marketed as the Sims game in which you can't do anything that most long-term sims players have come to count on doing.
They did that when they ruined sim city, with simcity societies too.  They wanted to attract people who weren't into sim city, and managed to alienate most of their current simcity fan base.  You'd think they'd learn from their previous mistake?  

Coming next: a remake of SimFarm in which you cannot farm!
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2009 February 03, 21:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the most amusing thing is that EA appears to have released this info slightly prematurely and so took it back down again.  Now the BBS is going mad.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2009 February 03, 21:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny comments. Someone is choosing to believe it will be out on 20th. Must be like choosing to believe in intelligent design.

Actually I see where everybody is coming from. I'm not believing it because they are still in the meeting and I personally did not see the update. I want to see that for myself as in me physically being able to click on the sims 3 page and see a update not clicking on your links. I also want to see every game store change the date before I am going to believe it and something on EA about it not The Sims3 website. Then I will believe it! That is just how i feel and i dont need anybody to come to my house and confirm it. I will believe it when i see more than one piece of evidence!

lollollollollollollol

Someone else is looking for an articel, I hope they find one, whatever that may be.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009 February 03, 21:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny comments. Someone is choosing to believe it will be out on 20th. Must be like choosing to believe in intelligent design.

Actually I see where everybody is coming from. I'm not believing it because they are still in the meeting and I personally did not see the update. I want to see that for myself as in me physically being able to click on the sims 3 page and see a update not clicking on your links. I also want to see every game store change the date before I am going to believe it and something on EA about it not The Sims3 website. Then I will believe it! That is just how i feel and i dont need anybody to come to my house and confirm it. I will believe it when i see more than one piece of evidence!

lollollollollollollol

Someone else is looking for an articel, I hope they find one, whatever that may be.
Yes, because a press release on the official site is totally not proof.

My hope is that part of the reason they are delaying four months instead of the one I would have expected is because they are adding neighborhood creation tools. That is what I would need to actually want to acquire it. I don't actually expect that to be the case. No. I'm sure they'll squash a couple bugs, create two game-killing ones in the process, and find some new shiny feature that will appeal to the tweens...ooh! I know! Free automatic plastic surgery at teen stage. Bigger boobs and nose jobs, whether you like it or not.

EDIT: Release seems to be pulled now.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 03, 21:47:18 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2009 February 03, 21:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this response best in the thread discussing the Fiscal Quarter News.

so is sims 3 not coming out till20010?omg that is to loong omg who are thes people?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2009 February 03, 21:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so is sims 3 not coming out till20010?omg that is to loong omg who are thes people?

Ah, the case of the wandering "o"s. Gotta watch them letters, slippery little bastids.

MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2009 February 03, 21:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As it is, EA posted a very huge loss for the last quarter, which was posted today.They're laying off an additional 1,000 people in the wake of a very disappointing Christmas season, and that will make the release delay even longer. When you have nobody testing it, or working out the bugs, you have to push the release date back a little bit.
June 2 is the most optimistic date they've given. I'm of the mind that it might be until September, given their financial woes, or longer. They have to do something drastic to improve the quality so that they can have some sales when it is released-as it is right now a huge number of Sims 2 players are turned right off by the "features" that Sims 3 has been given, and thus the sales are not going to improve unless the quality does.
They're just very desperate for some more money, anyway they can get it. They have to have this game sell well enough to show their investors and stockholders that they're a viable company, and not get put into a Chapter 11 routine by force.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2009 February 03, 22:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this response best in the thread discussing the Fiscal Quarter News.

To be fair, 20010 would be a bit of a wait.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2009 February 03, 22:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I laughed, but suddenly I'm concerned. That '20010' thing, the 12 probably thinks that's the correct way to write it. Horrifying thought.

Think about it, a 12 would have been born in the 90s, 1991-1997, give or take a year depending on month of birth. Their only decade change thus far would have been to 2000. 2001, 2002 ... 2008, 2009, 20010... It must seem perfectly logical, to a 12.

(Also, it's ever so slightly disturbing to think of people on the internet being born in the 90s, especially the latter half of them. It makes me feel old, though I'm only a 24 myself.)

rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2009 February 03, 22:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes me feel old, though I'm only a 24 myself.

24 and complaining... sheesh.  Kiddo, we could still get you into the babby roaster.   Tongue
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2009 February 03, 22:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I laughed, but suddenly I'm concerned. That '20010' thing, the 12 probably thinks that's the correct way to write it. Horrifying thought.

Think about it, a 12 would have been born in the 90s, 1991-1997, give or take a year depending on month of birth. Their only decade change thus far would have been to 2000. 2001, 2002 ... 2008, 2009, 20010... It must seem perfectly logical, to a 12.

Or perhaps the person who wrote it made a typo. You never know.
*Tsarina feels really weird for defending a BBSer.

INEPT INTP
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2009 February 03, 22:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good god what the hell could possibly take an extra 3 months?  These people couldn't make a game without bugs if they had a lifetime to work on it.  They're better off releasing it now and letting the talented people fix the bugs like JM.  I bet in 3 months they'll achieve virtually nothing where as JM would take mere DAYS to fix the bugs.

Edit: By the way anyone looked at the official forum?  The sheep are going insane.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 03, 22:40:59 by LFox » Logged
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: 2009 February 03, 22:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, and Snooty Sims melted. If it comes back up, I recommend it, many funny people there, bring pop corn.
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009 February 03, 22:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their 2009 fiscal year ends on March 31, and 2010 fiscal year starts April 1, 2009.

That is what the delay is for-their accounting. Any losses for the game would be put into next year's sheets. Doesn't mean really that they're going to improve anything. I think it's for the figures and making the stockholders happy.

In short-same old borked game, different day.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2009 February 03, 23:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish they hadn't quit working on Sims 2.  We could've had another "borked" EP to play around with by now.  I had hoped awhile ago that they wouldn't quit at Apartment Life, because more can be done with Sims 2.  Superstar would have been great for Sims 2.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: 2009 February 03, 23:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hated Superstar and was thrilled when they didn't release it for TS2. Tongue The creepy obsessive fan? Urgh.

MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2009 February 04, 00:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the Obsessed Fan was funny..... well, and creepy.  I read somewhere that the character was based on someone in the Maxis staff -- which again is creepy.  Maybe it's Rod Humble in disguise?  Or perhaps that's him in his true form.

"EWWWWWW!!!!!!  BUY MY NEW SIMS GAME!  IT'S SO UBER COOL AND U WANTZ MOAR!  EEEEEEHHHHHH"

(As he's jumping up and down making gasping sounds)
illusionofjoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2009 February 04, 00:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had EA made a Superstar expansion pack for The Sims 2, the only reason I'd get it would be for the joy of clicking "Smite {annoying celebrity}" on the batbox.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009 February 04, 00:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the Tragic Clown. Does anyone notice it is on the milk carton? Sometimes it's Bella, other times it's him. Anyways enough Nostalgia.

I think they delayed it because the last creators camp didn't do so well. I think the delay is one of the better things to look forward to. Think about it. All the baby, moronic, egotistical, badly dressed, ugly 12's wait the delay for The Sims 3, their whining and expectations growing. Finally to be crushed when they get the game realizing it is crap. But the best part is when their parents start complaining to EA, because their obnoxious, stupid, ignorant monsters didn't get exactly what they wanted.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 04, 00:26:51 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009 February 04, 00:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their press post is back up.  I'm guessing the idiot who runs the website updated it too early so they had to quickly remove it again although of course by then everyone already knew.

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/newsItem.jsp?item=1183392783

Their 2009 fiscal year ends on March 31, and 2010 fiscal year starts April 1, 2009.

That is what the delay is for-their accounting. Any losses for the game would be put into next year's sheets. Doesn't mean really that they're going to improve anything. I think it's for the figures and making the stockholders happy.

In short-same old borked game, different day.

Sounds completely and utterly despicable.  Although it sounds EXACTLY like the kind of thing EA would do.  I doubt many other game companies would push back their release dates to mess with their share prices.

By the way notice how they never once use the word "delay" anywhere ever.  As if it was always going to be June 2.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2009 February 04, 00:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's the market they're aiming for
Players can then take their Sim into town to interact with other Sims in the game and capture the action on video to show off online."
and not actual players of the game.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2009 February 04, 01:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Superstar would have been great for Sims 2.

I agree. I enjoyed replacing the default celeb asshats with my own celeb characters.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2009 February 04, 01:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes me feel old, though I'm only a 24 myself.

24 and complaining... sheesh.  Kiddo, we could still get you into the babby roaster.   Tongue
I was carrying my dumb immortal fish to new place this morning on the bus. This guy sat down next to me and asked if my tank was my project for a science fair. He seemed serious.

I'm 30.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2009 February 04, 01:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take all the time you want, EA.  I'm still waffling on whether to buy Uni or not.  Of course by now it probably comes with Securom.  I shall continue to waffle.

I guess I'm not the target customer.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009 February 04, 02:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh you gotta be kidding me just saw this on snootysims.

To 'celebrate' this news, EA released 3 new screenshots, a new movie and the boxshot. Check the movie here: Gametrailers.com

So they're celebrating their delay by putting out a movie and a bunch of screenshots?  Does anyone else find this completely retarded?  Also i think the boxart looks like ass.  The stand in ones they had until now were much better.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: