More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 12:24:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 307592 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #200 on: 2009 January 31, 22:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use things until they break, which is close to never as long as the item isn't glass. Then, I jerryrig them. My granny cart was free because it was broken. I spent $1.05 on a part and have had it for 11 years.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2009 February 01, 05:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're bombarded with advertising day and night to get things that will "improve" our lives-when in fact, they don't improve anything except the advertiser's and manufacturers' wallets.
I go by the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Sims 2 was and is still pretty damned good for a game (once you have it modded to your personal liking, and mine is heavy) and if EA is trying to "fix" it by putting out another game that will require even more modding if they allow it, I think most modders will just give up in frustration for not having any tools at all to work with.
"It's shiny! It's new! It has to be good!"
Sure. Buy into the hype and forget the borkedness that will reign supreme in Sims 3. Don't forget to be nice to those who can fix it properly-for they have the power of god for this. I'm sure Pescado, Delphy and the small army of modders will be just so overjoyed to hit this game with all the sticks they can find.
If only EA had spent half of the time they're wasting on Sims 3 by fixing the problems that exist in Sims 2, they would have had more people playing it and a better game. Instead, they've really dug their own grave, not learning a damned thing in the last 6 years.
Can I say it now? "I told you so!" It will fail miserably and will truly end one of the most profitable franchises in gaming history.
EA has it coming to them. I can't wait to see them go down in flames.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2009 February 02, 00:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of old stuff that's still good, yesterday I dug out my old copy of Final Fantasy VII (on four CDs) and, with a million patches, got it up and running on Vista.  Ha ha, Sephiroth, you may have beaten me twelve years ago, but now it's time for a rematch! 
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2009 February 02, 08:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a patch that adds a mouse control to FF7 for PC? I once tried to get into it, good recs and all, but a keyboard-only fighter RPG? You gotta be kidding me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2009 February 02, 11:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a console game. Why would it use a mouse at all?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2009 February 02, 12:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't find any mouse patches but the graphics are supposedly improved and the characters can supposedly have hands now instead of cubes.  (I couldn't get the hands patch to work and I don't remember the old graphics well enough to compare.)  But it wouldn't run at all until I downloaded patches to make the movies play.  Stuff like the motorcycle chase goes by at about 4X the speed it's supposed to.  (Thanks Vista.)

Since you can assign keys to the various commands, maybe a clever person could map them onto a mouse?  Then there is the "joystick" option.  A "joystick" is a primitive tool that apparently people in the olden days used to whittle out of wood. 
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2009 February 02, 13:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a console game. Why would it use a mouse at all?

I have no idea how  console controller works, but those few console-to-PC games I played did have mouse control, hence it is technically possible to make a mouse-enabled adaptation...unless that FF7 is a Dosbox type console emulation thingy rather than standalone product.
Knukleur
Blathering Buffoon

See Rock City

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2009 February 02, 15:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Imagine the Bella Goth theories... "If you breed Sim A and Sim B under the next full moon, and then get Sim C abducted, they'll have a little baby Bella! And if you send the mother to the hidden lot, it will be TWINZ!!1!"
In my version of the story, Sim A is the time-travelling ghost of Michael Bachelor, and he's the father and the brother of the Strangetown Bella but only the brother to Pleasantview Bella.  The Bella's would be dizygotic twins from two ova and sperm from two different fathers, perhaps by Jocasta Bachelor having simultaneous woohoo with Michael's ghost and Simis Bachelor.  Ew?

"I'm not animated to do that." - Brak
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2009 February 02, 19:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a patch that adds a mouse control to FF7 for PC? I once tried to get into it, good recs and all, but a keyboard-only fighter RPG? You gotta be kidding me.

It's a turn based game.  It's not that hard to play with a keyboard.  The big dragon will wait patiently for it's turn to come up after you've told your characters to hit it with their swords.
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2009 February 02, 23:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When strategy is not required, you can just place a heavy object on the enter key, and your presence is not required either.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2009 February 03, 15:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FFVIII Strategy:

1. Cast sleep.
2. Draw Magic from enemy.
3. Wrap rubber band around the O button.
4. Walk Away for two hours.
5. Huh
6. PROFIT!

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2009 February 03, 16:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  This differed from the FFVII strategy though:

1.  Equip one character with Knights of the Round + HP Absorb.
2.  Equip all characters with Mime.
3.  Chain cast 5+ minute long summon spell
4.  Huh
5.  PROFIT!!!
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2009 February 03, 16:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL honestly. Once you've seen a summon once, do you really need to see the same sequence every single f'n time after that? bleh. Wink
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2009 February 03, 16:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a turn based game.  It's not that hard to play with a keyboard.  The big dragon will wait patiently for it's turn to come up after you've told your characters to hit it with their swords.

I've only played a couple of mouseless minutes. There was my avatar on some train, literally on, then some dudes popped up out of nowhere and started bashing the pixel guy, I couldn't find a key combination that would hit them, plus maneuvring when you can only move on two axes (as in plural for 'axis'. Not stereotypical dwarfish cutlery) is kind of tricky, plus no pause, plus truly horrifying music...so it was enough for me to decide that maybe the fabled plot wasn't really worth it.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2009 February 03, 18:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The review on Parsimonious definitely caught my interest, but especially after reading the bit about Create-A-Sim (we can't customize eyes other than color? WTF?), I'm just going to sit back and wait and see how things play out.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2009 February 03, 18:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My impression now is the TS3 is largely being marketed as the Sims game in which you can't do anything that most long-term sims players have come to count on doing.

EA: "We have heard and understood the desires and petitions of you, the gamers, and have therefore decided to deliver a new game in which you can do none of those things."

Tribulatio proxima est
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2009 February 03, 19:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My impression now is the TS3 is largely being marketed as the Sims game in which you can't do anything that most long-term sims players have come to count on doing.

EA: "We have heard and understood the desires and petitions of you, the gamers, and have therefore decided to deliver a new game in which you can do none of those things."

They did that when they ruined sim city, with simcity societies too.  They wanted to attract people who weren't into sim city, and managed to alienate most of their current simcity fan base.  You'd think they'd learn from their previous mistake?  

Fake Edit:
Never mind, I nearly forgot that we were talking about EA games.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2009 February 03, 20:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ea announces New SHIP date for the sims 3

Highly-Anticipated PC Game from Best-selling PC Franchise Slated to Ship June 2, 2009

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., February 3, 2009 - Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that The Sims™ 3, the highly-anticipated flagship game from the best-selling PC franchise, The Sims will launch across the PC, Mac, iPhone, iPod Touch and mobile devices summer 2009. The Sims 3 PC will ship to store shelves worldwide starting June 2, 2009.

Snipped Text was to long and boring.

see original text here
« Last Edit: 2009 February 03, 20:11:41 by Havelock » Logged
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2009 February 03, 20:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh crap.  I was looking forward to playing it later this month.  Still at least it gives them a chance to eliminate some of the worst bugs.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2009 February 03, 20:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you serious?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2009 February 03, 20:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh crap.  I was looking forward to playing it later this month.  Still at least it gives them a chance to eliminate some of the worst bugs...

...and create some others to take their place.

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: 2009 February 03, 20:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I'm rather glad it isn't going to be out yet. I'm not done with TS2 yet, by any means. I am still enjoying playing it and what I've seen of TS3 looks really discouraging.

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2009 February 03, 20:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you serious?

Yes, I like the sound of TS3.  The traits sound much better than the current personality system and I prefer the seamless neighbourhood.  I'm not really a micromanager and I would prefer that families, that I'm not playing, age themselves.  Obviously it does depend on exactly how they've implemented these elements and they may have fucked that up.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2009 February 03, 21:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm not surprised they delayed it, since I was kind of expecting one. I am surprised they delayed it all the way until June, however. Why such a long wait, I wonder? It's not like they showed a lot of concern for TS2 bugs, at least in the EPs.

I sing along with elevator music.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: 2009 February 03, 21:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not surprised. When you've got people saying "I wouldn't even pirate that!" it pays to take another look at it, and at least try to squash a few more bugs. (Or be seen to be trying, because that's just as good, right?)

At this point, well, I wouldn't even pirate that. They've got to do something amazing between now and then. I started out willing, nay, determined to give them the benefit of the doubt, but each new snippet of information has just ground that right into the dirt. Not worth the bandwidth.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: