More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:41:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 305870 times)
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #150 on: 2009 January 26, 21:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worse still are the people who seem to be under the delusional belief that some show-stopping glitches are features (and I don't mean in a sarcastic way.)

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 January 27, 05:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it shocking that they even consider delaying the game at all.  We all know they never bothered testing or holding back any of the sims 2 EP's/Shit Packs Stuff Packs.  As shocking as it is maybe it means they might actually be testing the game this time round?

Also as far as i can find out it seems the games being made by EA Redwood Shores and NOT Maxis.  Not sure if it makes any difference since its all part of EA but one devision might be slightly less shitty than the other?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: 2009 January 27, 08:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes and all that hassle trying to work out the file formats to make a modding tool, with EA giving less and less developer help as time goes by.  It's beginning to feel like more fun to simply make a new, slicker, set of modding tools for Sims 2 and stick to that.   I just need someone to find out how to kill the gurning and whistling because that's what's putting me off playing Sims 2 mainly.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 January 27, 15:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, if we could only get modders interested in making custom animations for something other than sim pr0n...

Then, maybe, I can has face in rake for really reals?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 January 27, 15:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it shocking that they even consider delaying the game at all.  We all know they never bothered testing or holding back any of the sims 2 EP's/Shit Packs Stuff Packs.  As shocking as it is maybe it means they might actually be testing the game this time round?

I'm really not sure if this indicates anything good or not. From what I understand, the base game was also delayed more than once before they finally released it, and it still seemed pretty buggy. (The random choking death of pregnant sims was my particular favorite. Pretty sure that was in the base game.)

I sing along with elevator music.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 January 27, 15:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd assume they have to make more of an effort with the base games, it wouldn't be good business to piss your community off before you got the franchise started.

The pregnant sim death was caused by taking her to a community lot, wasn't it?

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 January 27, 16:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New poll at Snooty Sims is hilarious:

Do you want the game soon with bugs or later with none?
  • I want it now! I don't care about bugs!
  • A few bugs I can live with so how about March?
  • I'd rather have it much later with no bugs at all

Where's the "it doesn't make a damn bit of difference because it's going to be full of bugs regardless" option?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 January 27, 17:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something else that really bothers me about Sims 3 is the fact that EVERY sim gets a cell phone.... whether you like it or not.

At least with Sims 2, we get a choice.  So, for players that want to create sims out in the boonies, they don't have to give sims phones.  Either they have to rely on going out to town center or something to socialize and "maybe" meet their friends, or they just socialize with family.

I keep noticing that with Sims 3, more and more choices that we used to have and took for granted from Sims and Sims 2 are now being taken away, and EA is telling us how we should be playing it.

Forget arranging your town/city the way you want.  We know what's best for you, so you're going to play it our way -- EA "says".

The more I think about it, the more it's beginning to piss me off.  This doesn't seem like progress to me.  Maybe that's why they made it a "prequal".  They want to give you LESS choices than the original Sims game.   Roll Eyes
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: 2009 January 27, 18:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I think about it, the more it's beginning to piss me off.  This doesn't seem like progress to me.  Maybe that's why they made it a "prequal".  They want to give you LESS choices than the original Sims game.   Roll Eyes
That would be fewer choices. Plural nouns take fewer; non-count nouns take less. Also note the spelling of prequel.

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 January 27, 18:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something else that really bothers me about Sims 3 is the fact that EVERY sim gets a cell phone.... whether you like it or not.

Perhaps the choice will now be what make/model and which network to connect to...

I really, really hope they have dropped the in-game advertising crap; I go out of my way to avoid it in real life so don't expect to be hit with it in a computer game.

kaitco
Corpulent Cretin

ESTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: 2009 January 27, 18:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New poll at Snooty Sims is hilarious:

Do you want the game soon with bugs or later with none?
  • I want it now! I don't care about bugs!
  • A few bugs I can live with so how about March?
  • I'd rather have it much later with no bugs at all

Where's the "it doesn't make a damn bit of difference because it's going to be full of bugs regardless" option?

1.  I want it now! I don't care about bugs!    389    22%
2.  A few bugs I can live with so how about March?    578    33%
3.  I'd rather have it much later with no bugs at all    789    45%

As least the people are not responding like morons. I am very concerned about the (as of my voting) 389 people who do not care about game bugs and are just itching to spend money on something that does not work. I equate it to all the people who went running out to get Windows Vista. "Ooh! It's new and shiny! Let's run to the nearest store to get Micro$oft's newest monopolistic endeavour."

ETA: I have got lips!  Kiss

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 January 28, 05:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the people who voted for the first option just know it will have bugs regardless so it's better to get it sooner rather than later. Plus, there's all those people who claim not to have any of the bugs in the game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 January 28, 10:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is just a reflection of cultural trends. And sims life in general, because when your lifespan is about 30 days, you don't have time to walk to a phone. Or perhaps because people just tend to shiftclick and pick Give Cell Phone, ironically because braving the horrid lot load times to go to a community lot tended to make it not worth the hassle, something TS3 is supposed to eliminate (by making the entire GAME lag instead).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 January 28, 16:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or perhaps because people just tend to shiftclick and pick Give Cell Phone, ironically because braving the horrid lot load times to go to a community lot tended to make it not worth the hassle, something TS3 is supposed to eliminate (by making the entire GAME lag instead).

I have never played a game in my entire life that has taken so long to load.  To the point where I never, ever change lots.  Once I am in a particular lot, I stay there, until I am done playing the game.  The load times killed me.  I would wander off to do laundry, clean the toilet, run a marathon, and forget...sometimes coming back to a lot full of almost dead sims because no one wants to cook.  So do I understand correctly that FOJ believes TS3 will be laggy through and through?  I do not think I can handle any more sloooow.  I am anxious to hear reports from all the sheeple who rush right out to buy.  If the game play is slow, I'll skip it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 January 28, 16:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or perhaps because people just tend to shiftclick and pick Give Cell Phone, ironically because braving the horrid lot load times to go to a community lot tended to make it not worth the hassle, something TS3 is supposed to eliminate (by making the entire GAME lag instead).

I have never played a game in my entire life that has taken so long to load.  To the point where I never, ever change lots.  Once I am in a particular lot, I stay there, until I am done playing the game.  The load times killed me.  I would wander off to do laundry, clean the toilet, run a marathon, and forget...sometimes coming back to a lot full of almost dead sims because no one wants to cook.  So do I understand correctly that FOJ believes TS3 will be laggy through and through?  I do not think I can handle any more sloooow.  I am anxious to hear reports from all the sheeple who rush right out to buy.  If the game play is slow, I'll skip it.
P&L at the bawl's long load times. On Addison, changing to a community lot takes about a minute and a half on my normal account. Couple seconds on the test account. Load times don't annoy me. The insistence that sims have on walking to the freaking mailbox or phone and their propensity to always appear on the side farthest for me that pisses me off. That and patrons deciding to jump rope in my tiny 1x1 salon.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009 January 28, 17:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P&L at the bawl's long load times. On Addison, changing to a community lot takes about a minute and a half on my normal account. Couple seconds on the test account. Load times don't annoy me. The insistence that sims have on walking to the freaking mailbox or phone and their propensity to always appear on the side farthest for me that pisses me off. That and patrons deciding to jump rope in my tiny 1x1 salon.

To be fair, I could install TS2 on new computer, and would not have this problem.  I have been waiting on TS3, however, as lame as that sounds.  If TS3 is not deemed worthy, I will transfer TS2 over, because I probably would play if it were not for the extreme slowness of playing it on computer that is old...and has a long beard.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: 2009 January 29, 13:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long load times spoil my enjoyment of the game too.  Unless I'm playing a single sim in a starter home, or some other uncomplicated family, I also tend to stay on one lot. After some hours of playing a 5 sim, 3 pet family with a garden, a home business & puppies on the way, I'm about ready to tear my hair out at the lag.  Clearing the gossip out of a hood helps, so does quitting and rebooting the PC, but it's a pain.

Sounds to me like Sims 3 is going to force you to play one story to the death or go swap lots schitzophrenically(?) to keep up with multiple stories.  I'd bet the single 'hood is going to lag like crazy once you add more than a handful of your own complicated sims.

It sounds to me from the spec as if my PC won't run sims3 anyway - I have old style PCI slots & the list of supported cards doesn't look to include any.  I'm not buying a new PC, to put Securom straight on it!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 January 29, 14:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have long load times... then I asploded my custom content. If you're very, very picky about what you put in your game, it runs much, much faster.

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: 2009 January 29, 15:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

also, moar ramz! I now have the maximum amount XP will handle and my game runs so much better. no more random crashings or triangles of doom! Cheesy
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 January 29, 16:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes, RAMZ.

Thank you, MOAR RAMZ, for allowing my game to run a full lot in Winter, without it chugging down to the speed of an epileptic turtle...

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 January 29, 18:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine just chugs for a couple seconds when the snow state changes or someone gets a sunburn. Also before my first appearance change of the day. Dumb salons. I'm back up to 3 gigs of cc, compressed, because I have no self control. Phoenix_phaerie and her blasted manor house set.

I guess the cell phone thing makes sense when you figure that sims (playable and non) will be running all over the 'hood at all hours. Otherwise you might never get anyone on the phone. I personally never give my sims a cell, but that's just because I don't see the point. For role-players who like having medieval 'hoods, this is going to suck balls.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 January 29, 18:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry, Zazazu, one the EPs will be a medieval neghborhood we can play with! Complete with new template/townies, and no matter what you do, your sims will marry into the royal family!

toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 January 29, 19:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry, Zazazu, one the EPs will be a medieval neghborhood we can play with! Complete with new template/townies, and no matter what you do, your sims will marry into the royal family!

They can inbreed themselves!
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: 2009 January 29, 20:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can inbreed themselves!
Already working on that. xD  I'd do a story, but I think people would be up in arms or some bullshit. XD Maybe I should do it anyways, to piss people off. Cheesy
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009 January 29, 21:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already working on that. xD  I'd do a story, but I think people would be up in arms or some bullshit. XD Maybe I should do it anyways, to piss people off. Cheesy

DO IT FOR THE LULZ.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: