More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 16:00:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 306001 times)
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #100 on: 2009 January 21, 15:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first thought, honestly, was: How can something be a prequel, or for that matter a sequel, to the Sims?

Then I remembered the families that shipped with the game. For instance, Sims 1 had Mortimer and Bella Goth as adults, and Cassandra as a 6. In the Sims 2, Bella is gone, Morty is an elder, Cassandra is an adult, Alexander exists. (Heh. In my Sims 1 game, Morty and Bella had a boy after Cassandra, and I named him Pugsley. Alexander will always be Pugsley to me.)

I think that says something about EAxis' family-building, that they only rated as an afterthought.

EDIT: Imagine the Bella Goth theories... "If you breed Sim A and Sim B under the next full moon, and then get Sim C abducted, they'll have a little baby Bella! And if you send the mother to the hidden lot, it will be TWINZ!!1!"
« Last Edit: 2009 January 21, 15:34:26 by Faizah » Logged

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 January 21, 16:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh no.  I just had a horrible thought.  We'll be seeing the return of "how iz twin babbiez formed?"  TWINZR2CUTE!!!111zomg

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 January 21, 16:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of things do attract me to the game. For example, the ability to use all materials on all objects would certainly be a huge improvement on the current situation (think how many fewer downloads will be necessary, if one texture can be applied to all  objects instead of just one).
Have you seen the previews of changing house exteriors and cars, though? It reminds me of the skins we get with Spore. That's a big, fat, DO NOT WANT. They look positively awful.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 January 21, 17:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect the whole "whatever texture you want" will be like the creature creator, where "whatever" is fairly narrowly defined.

Also, this mysterious "sharing" system seems a little dodgy, like they haven't actually worked it out yet.

kaitco
Corpulent Cretin

ESTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2009 January 21, 19:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the reviewer isn't familiar with TS2 with EPs.
one welcome change is the ability to match different hair styles to clothes...
TS2 has had that since Seasons.  It's not new.
That was a big WTF? moment for me while reading the article and I immediately began to question the validity of anything this reviewer has to say about the game.

The more I hear about this sequel, the more it sounds like the game will simply play by itself in front of me, like a movie of sorts. If the sims are doing everything on their own in this "seamless neighborhood," then I see little reason for me to even intervene in their lives. In theory, I could just let them go and they would make friends, get jobs, date, marry, have kids and die all on their own. The only interaction I see necessary would be making sure that their curtains matched the rest of their furniture when I first moved a family in a lot.

I honestly went into the article trying to be positive and thinking, "Perhaps it can't be all bad." but I am just as full of DO NOT WANT as I had been earlier. The game is about to launch in less than month and I still have not seen anything worthwhile. The "new" screenshots are not intriguing, we still know very little about actual gameplay and my hypothesis about the only custom content available being filtered through thesims3store.ea.com has yet to be abated.

Yes, but EAxis loves to claim old shit is new. It's all part of their newspeak. Old is new, bugs are features, stupidity is intelligence, and we have always been at war with Eastasia.
You are wrong, or did you not get that memo; we have already won over Eurasia.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 January 21, 19:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only interaction I see necessary would be making sure that their curtains matched the rest of their furniture when I first moved a family in a lot.
I read this as "making sure that their curtains matched the drapes". Ahem.

Examples of the fug:

I have a serious question. Are the designers on any sort of hallucinogenic drugs?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 January 21, 22:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you seen the previews of changing house exteriors and cars, though? It reminds me of the skins we get with Spore. That's a big, fat, DO NOT WANT. They look positively awful.

THAT'S what it reminds me of!  I knew there was something.  Sadly, I think the texturing in Spore will look and work way better then what they are planning in Sims 3.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 January 21, 22:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu: these pictures bode well for the future of More Awful than You.

dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 January 22, 05:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can say that, at the very least, that the flowers and plants around the house look nice... it'll be nice to be able to construct decent yards with basegame plants.

The patterns, though... bleh!
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 January 22, 05:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man. My self-Sim would totally live in a house like the one in the picture you posted, Zazazu.

Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 January 22, 14:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some rumors that it is going to be delayed. I dunno, it sounds like something they would put out anyway and then just release a patch.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 January 22, 16:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blargh, this game is looking more and more questionable by the day. I honestly think it's going to be a buggy, more unstable, dumbed down version of The Sims 2 (and by that I mean they will slap their "new" AI onto TS2 engine). It reeks of half-ass too. It doesn't appeal to me at all, which is a contrast to when The Sims 2 was first announced and I was ecstatic.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 January 22, 16:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I saw on the video, it sorta looks like the Mah-veal-ous new "personality" options only affect idle and walking animations. Like the way the FT hobby animations take over EVERYTHING.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 January 22, 16:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man. My self-Sim would totally live in a house like the one in the picture you posted, Zazazu.
I do have some borderline odd taste (this is my bedroom set..at least the nightstand and dresser), but I know how to match colors. And seriously, there's such a thing as too much pattern.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 January 22, 17:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food for thought:
"And of course the self installing sims3pack files for houses, sims, pattern presets."

Do they mean that the game will automatically install files without the players permission? Or that when you download a bed or table it will install without you having to push a button?

- INTJ -
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 January 22, 18:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Self-installing generally means that it works just like the sims2packs - you open the file, and it extracts itself to the folder without you having to place the files manually, so everything goes just where it is supposed to.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2009 January 22, 18:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wait with baited breath for sims 3 clean installer, in that case. Wink
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 January 22, 18:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other day I noticed that MTS2 is going to expand to the Sims 3-as if anticipating a slew of very unhappy people who can't stand the textures, houses and other things that are going to be in Sims 3.
Needless to say, MTS2 is going to stay around a while, as well they should, because if the disaster unfolds as I personally believe it will, EA might just have to pull back the game and redo it. It sounds almost unmanageable by any computer or player. It looks half-assed and will be loaded with all kinds of stuff like ads and Securom.
Not enough shiny to make me even think about getting it. I'm looking forward to the nuclear explosion that will happen when it is released and the clouds clear to show all the sheeple at the BBS going into comas because they can't run it.
"Yo gram's computer", huh? Not on your life, buster!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 January 22, 18:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When does TS3 reportedly drop again?  Mid-February?
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 January 22, 18:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When does TS3 reportedly drop again?  Mid-February?

Supposedly February 20th.

- INTJ -
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 January 22, 19:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something smells fishy. Tongue

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 January 22, 20:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I... wut.

"I also learned that ghosts are playable, can marry living Sims, and even make ghost babies."

http://thesiddog.com/tag/the-sims-3-creators-camp/

...I'm sorry, but WHAT? A ghost can marry a living Sim and have babies with them.

I have to ask. HOW? I'm imagining a ghost or normal male jacking off inside their normal or ghost partner and hoping they're aiming in the right spot.

So THAT'S what those puddles of liquid that ghosts leave behind are...
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2009 January 22, 22:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone's got a quote of a post with EA saying it won't be out till March or later.  Details here: http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=2328.0

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2009 January 22, 22:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And so the delays begin. I wonder if they will try and sneak in another stuff pack in the mean time?

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 January 22, 23:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something smells fishy. Tongue

Good catch, Trixie. I assume neko meant bated breath.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: