More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:26:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TS3 L&P
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 L&P  (Read 305882 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: TS3 L&P
« Reply #75 on: 2008 December 29, 16:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fire-breathing toddlers?

The original L&P promotional videos Maxis made for TS2 had fire-breathing toddlers in them (among other things that never made it to the game). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxO2hrQFWA

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 December 29, 17:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahem yes. I saw that trailer some time ago. I was referring to MaryH's post, regarding what EAxis seem to have forgotten to put in the game.

More F than you
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 December 29, 20:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, ok, umm, never mind...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 December 29, 20:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem, it's late in the year, everyone's tired I suppose. I need my customary two weeks at the beach which I am SO not going to get this year. Anyhow, I'm ready for TS3 if it ever does appear, I got my fancy graphics card.

More F than you
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2008 December 29, 20:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also would have liked to see bodice ripping. Cheesy

Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 December 29, 21:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also would have liked to see bodice ripping. Cheesy

I concur.   Cool
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 December 29, 21:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem, it's late in the year, everyone's tired I suppose. I need my customary two weeks at the beach which I am SO not going to get this year. Anyhow, I'm ready for TS3 if it ever does appear, I got my fancy graphics card.

From I heard, they claim that TS3 will has less graphical requirements than TS2 (which I can partly believe considering how... retarded it looks)? In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just an altered version of the TS2 engine. Look at some the videos and you'll see what I mean, as it looks more like a modified TS2 than a new game with recycled elements.

But then, there's this little gem from the Chief Bastard himself, who claims that his ickle sweet corporation is full of love and compassion for their games.  Roll Eyes
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 December 29, 23:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes..the Chief Lyin' Bastard of them all:

"Another example is Spore, which we have held back in order to get it right, and to make it more than just a PC game"

Don't think so..what was he drinking before he wrote this?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 January 01, 09:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a picture for you all to ponder.

Sims 3?

No, it's not.

But it sure looks like it, doesn't it?

It's the Sims 2 clone, The Singles.

So, basically, this is where the hideous sims in Sims 3 are coming from.

Rofflecopterbuscuitsbbqmylittleponies!!1!!!!

Except the joke is on anyone stupid enough to buy this crap.

Fail.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 January 01, 12:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hideous dough-faced sims in Sims 3 are a lot worse than that. At least those facial features are in the right proportions.

More F than you
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2009 January 01, 12:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original L&P promotional videos Maxis made for TS2 had fire-breathing toddlers in them (among other things that never made it to the game). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxO2hrQFWA

That's just another bit of evidence they use work from the community to make their games.  I was actually working on a toddler project for TS1.  My role was to create the special baby, which would turn into the toddler made by another person on the project (I am sorry if you're reading this I have forgotten your name lol!).  Anyway the toddler was made from that little dragon in the game, and it would run around breathing fire.   We didn't quite get as far as programming out the fire-breathing bit.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 January 01, 12:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Picture doesn't do them justice. The Singles have the exact same vacant, glassy-eyed expressions that sims in Sims 3 have, and their faces are waxy. Plus, like the sims in Sims 3, their heads are too small for their oddly-shaped bodies. That whole "I'm melting! I'm melting!" thing is just awful. I think the similarity is why I can't stand the look of Sims 3. The Singles looked so bad... there are no words for how bad they looked.

Fail.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 January 01, 14:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That woman has the tits of a 80 years old  Lips sealed.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 January 01, 18:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears to be "Attempted Futuristic Shower #1". And I'm still peeved we never got Chicken Checkers.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 January 02, 00:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was meant to be a sauna/steam bath, like the one that came with Superstar.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 January 02, 01:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears to be "Attempted Futuristic Shower #1". And I'm still peeved we never got Chicken Checkers.
Pity, as showering under a metallic mustachioed nose just seems, well, right.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 January 03, 09:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fire-breathing toddlers?
Those are some seriously jiggly boobs in that video.  I didn't notice it at the time, but I wonder if anyone did and was disappointed when the game came out? Tongue
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 January 03, 17:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are some seriously jiggly boobs in that video.  I didn't notice it at the time, but I wonder if anyone did and was disappointed when the game came out? Tongue

More than the jiggly boobs, I'd like to see the "blooper" takes where the jiggle animation is still being tweaked (ahem) and the models are flinging themselves through the air all boobs akimbo.

(If for no other reason than "boobs akimbo" is one of my favourites phrases I so rarely get the chance to use.)

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
misscatfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 January 03, 17:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More than the jiggly boobs, I'd like to see the "blooper" takes where the jiggle animation is still being tweaked (ahem) and the models are flinging themselves through the air all boobs akimbo.

(If for no other reason than "boobs akimbo" is one of my favourites phrases I so rarely get the chance to use.)

"'Boobs' Akimbo" would be a lovely name for a Chicago gangster or perhaps a glad-handing despot.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 January 21, 06:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New L&P:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/946/946029p1.html

The new video with Ben Bell is all the same spew that's been going on for months, and all the footage of Sims 3 that was shown was seen previously in "produced" advertisements.  That looks too "perfect" to be Sims 3, in my honest opinion.

And watch the video for the parts where they show Sims 2.  They purposely make it look like crap.  The game stutters and the graphics aren't set as high as they can go.  They purposely make it look shoddy when showing the Sims 3 L&P.

I have a problem with a game that is being kept so secretive that it's still a mystery on how it's actually going to look.  Even the reviewer stated, "I didn't get a lot of play time, mind you, but I did get enough to get a tantalizing glimpse of the brave new world."  Seems to me the TRUTH will come out when you start playing the game much longer than 10-15 minutes.

I want to believe that Sims 3 is going to blow me away and surprise me, just like the Arizona Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl.  (I'm still amazed by that).  But everything in my gut tells me to not trust EA and all the BS they keep spewing out about the game.

In 30 more days, the truth will finally be revealed.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 January 21, 07:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the reviewer isn't familiar with TS2 with EPs.

one welcome change is the ability to match different hair styles to clothes. In the previous games, hair styles didn't change unless you went through a tedious process, so if you had a sim wearing a baseball cap, he or she wore that cap with everything, including formal clothes. Now you can associate different hair styles to different outfits, so you can have the nicely coifed hair for the formal wear, but the more shaggy or casual hair for everyday outfits.

TS2 has had that since Seasons.  It's not new.

Oh, by the way, that old trick about getting a sim to be your friend by alternating between gossip and chat about 30 times is no more. EA wouldn't say exactly how, but that has been changed. Now you're going to have to work a bit more at actually making friends.

In TS2, with EPs, it isn't Gossip/Chat.  It's ABGx - admire, bust-a-move, gossip, some other interaction.  Bust-a-move came in with Uni, but I forget which EP changed it from a 3-action cycle to a 4-action cycle, perhaps it was NL?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
Ravenwings
Blathering Buffoon

Nefarious!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 January 21, 07:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of things do attract me to the game. For example, the ability to use all materials on all objects would certainly be a huge improvement on the current situation (think how many fewer downloads will be necessary, if one texture can be applied to all  objects instead of just one).

On the other hand, I have the suspicion that at least 90% of what we've seen so far really is just L&P, and will prove to be untrue or at the very least exaggerated in such a way that the reality can do nothing but disappoint. A lot of what they're saying about the game sounds really unlikely.

Can't wait to see what the truth is. We can P&L when howls of disappointment and rage are filling the BBS. Those of us who are more rational about setting our hearts on this new toy delivering on its promises, will of course escape such bitter disappointment. I would love it if TS3 turned out to be a wonderful game, because, hey, I like TS2 and want MOAR of the same, but if it's a big FAIL, I'm not going to have a fit over it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 January 21, 07:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS2 has had that since Seasons.  It's not new.
Yes, but EAxis loves to claim old shit is new. It's all part of their newspeak. Old is new, bugs are features, stupidity is intelligence, and we have always been at war with Eastasia.

Oh, by the way, that old trick about getting a sim to be your friend by alternating between gossip and chat about 30 times is no more. EA wouldn't say exactly how, but that has been changed. Now you're going to have to work a bit more at actually making friends.
Hah, I wish. It's too EASY for sims to make friends, to the point where it happens on its OWN and I have to STOP it from happening.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 January 21, 07:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love if they took some of the elements of Sims 3 and applied it to Sims 2. I'm not even talking about the seamless neighborhood because honestly I'm not that interested in it. I like that there are more personalities and such.

I agree, the personality thing is the most interesting aspect that I've heard about so far.  There has been a trend over the last couple of EPs to put in features that are advertised as coming in TS3.  The way EAxis described the zone and the benefits of LTA before FT's release sounded very similar to the way they talk about moodlets.  Apartments are a step towards seamless neighbourhoods.  It's as if they want us to familiarise ourselves with these features so that we're not totally surprised by the differences in TS3.

The money I've put into the Sims 2 alone is reason enough not to get Sims 3.

If I do decide to get Sims 3, I won't be paying for it due to SecuROM.  I'm not going to pay for spyware that was responsible for messing up the computers of friends.  I still haven't decided whether I'll ARR it, although I probably will just out of curiousity.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 21, 07:43:55 by Kyna » Logged

MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 January 21, 14:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the new personality system and texturing also, but I don't see how personalities is really going to change things for people who like to control every aspect of their sim's lives.  Personalities will mean more to the simmers out there that like to leave their sims alone and see what happens.  On that aspect, Sims 3 could be interesting.  Honestly, I wonder how in depth it really is, and if it is really all that different from the personality traits we have now.  Sure, it sounds different, but will it actually PLAY differently?

The textures is definitely one of the most useful new things in the game.  I'm curious if the texturing will be neat, or if it will look rather sloppy compared to someone actually taking the time to texture the object separately and put more care into it.

The seamless neighborhood is another great idea, but I worry how this will turn out.  My computer has over decent specs for Sims 2, and it still stutters a bit when I have "show neighbors" on.  I can't imagine how bad it will be when I can see the whole neighborhood out there.

And why is this game a "prequal" in the timeline?  Seems to me like they are taking two steps backwards, unless they really are trying to tell us something.   Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: