More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:59:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  AL and M&G: What's the Wantspam?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AL and M&G: What's the Wantspam?  (Read 10607 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
AL and M&G: What's the Wantspam?
« on: 2008 December 13, 14:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finally juuuuuust about convinced to add AL and M&G to my game, but before I do, could any of you who has these let me know what sort of Wantspam I can expect? I know every new EP (and presumably the EP-like M&G) has had its own host of predominant Wants that move in and act like they own the place, crowding out those oldies-but-goodies like "Meet Aliens", and if they're to be the last batch of "crowders" I add, I'm hoping they're not particularly onerous ones.

Also, it annoys me that sims in FT have to do the Talk/Blog/Activity dance for their hobbies every day before their "real" Wants roll back up. Does this trend continue with AL/M&G?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AL and M&G: What's the Wantspam?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 13, 14:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AL doesn't add any particularly apparent wantspam as far a I know, unless you are involved in Apartments or Witchery, in which case there are wants pertaining to those, but not a lot. There are also the new-skill wants, but those are one-shots once satisfied.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
FroggySim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 13, 14:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AL adds the "jump rope" want though, doesn't it? My kids now want to do that all the time.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 14, 07:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a knowledge sim who keeps wanting to buy a "green energy source" (the solar panels or windmill from M&G), but so far it hasn't gotten too annoying. And most of my sims keep rolling up wants to learn Physiology, Fire Safety or Lifelong Happiness, which I think came with AL.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 14, 22:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kids also seem to get the want to 'torment' someone quite a lot, even if they have a fair amount of nice points. Jump rope and 'learn useless oneshot skill x' are the worst offenders, though.
shelbypark
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 29, 11:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a knowledge sim who keeps wanting to buy a "green energy source" (the solar panels or windmill from M&G), but so far it hasn't gotten too annoying.
One of my family sims (with a secondary of Knowledge) keeps wanting a "green energy source'.  So much so, it turns up twice in his wants most of the time.  I try rerolling his wants, but this only works occasionally.  ARGH!!
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 29, 11:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of sims who are constantly rolling up a "be popular" want. As fast they as they fulfil it, another one rolls up. Kinda tedious, but I grin and bear it like the stoic one has to be to play the game.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 29, 11:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a knowledge sim who keeps wanting to buy a "green energy source" (the solar panels or windmill from M&G), but so far it hasn't gotten too annoying.
One of my family sims (with a secondary of Knowledge) keeps wanting a "green energy source'.  So much so, it turns up twice in his wants most of the time.  I try rerolling his wants, but this only works occasionally.  ARGH!!
Don't sweat the buy wants. They're easy to fulfill and cost nothing (you may as well CRTL-Click to save you the trip to buy mode to buy, move, and sell), and are basically a free source of ASP that serves instead as a cash-reserves check.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 29, 16:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of sims who are constantly rolling up a "be popular" want. As fast they as they fulfil it, another one rolls up. Kinda tedious, but I grin and bear it like the stoic one has to be to play the game.

Is that the "have a good reputation" want? I seem to only have sims who are fully in the green in the reputation bar get it, then it satisfies itself at a random point in the day. Has anyone any information on what triggers this want to come up and what fulfils it?

ISTP
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 29, 16:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First sim I've seen have it is a Fortune sim, no secondary asp, YA. She had just her family as best friends plus a few acquaintances. Six best friends, maybe four acquaintances, none near friend level.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Cardo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 30, 02:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of my kids want to torture/swing around/jump rope, at least once a day. And they all want to learn x skill every now and then. Only the skills are a little annoying.

I also have a YA who spends her days complaining, because she can't get to the freaking flowers. I think that's what's mostly pissing me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 30, 02:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the autonomy control to proscribe flowers. Problem solved.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 30, 13:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have a YA who spends her days complaining, because she can't get to the freaking flowers. I think that's what's mostly pissing me off.

If it were my sim, she'd be lying under them by now.

I haven't noticed much want spam, I have to say, but that might just be the way I play.  Keep 'em poor and miserable, they don't have much time for buying expensive stuff or learning useless skills. 

Inteen for AL, yay!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 30, 14:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loki Beaker forever wants to buy a ceiling fan. I buy one, another want rolls up, a want gets fulfilled then the ceiling fan want rolls up again. Argh!

BoilingOil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 31, 03:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Knowledge and Fortune Sims are famous for their greed: they constantly want to have this, have that, and more, and better, and more expensive... greedy little bastards they are...
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 December 31, 08:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't mind if it is better and more expensive stuff, but it is just a ceiling fan! I know where I'd put it if I could. Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 December 31, 09:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be happy it IS a buy want. In the post-NL age, buy wants = free ASP.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 December 31, 10:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I know why it's free ASP, but I don't get the reference to NL. Possibly because I'm old and my memory is fading. Did buy wants work differently pre-NL?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 December 31, 10:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I know why it's free ASP, but I don't get the reference to NL. Possibly because I'm old and my memory is fading. Did buy wants work differently pre-NL?

No inventory pre-NL.  So you couldn't buy-inventorise-sell from inventory for zero simoleons and free ASP.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 December 31, 19:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you couldn't buy-inventorise-sell from inventory for zero simoleons and free ASP.

Oh. And here's a dumb Marhis who still waits a sim-day before selling that stuff from inventory, to avoid asp loss. Good to know!

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 December 31, 22:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always get the asp loss if I sell stuff like that on the same day, so I always wait a day, too. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 January 01, 22:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, but... I don't want free asp! Angry  I prefer to keep them miserable. 

What's most annoying is that the wants/ fears tend to obsess over the same damn things, if there's any cash reserve on hand.  It's tedious to perpetually stuff their inventories with sculptures to keep the cashbox low.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: