More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 16:29:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Tricou Name Mystery
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tricou Name Mystery  (Read 54835 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Tricou Name Mystery
« on: 2005 November 10, 15:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was commenting on a thread the other day someone mentioned Jonathan Tricou.  I thought "Hmm, I'm SURE he's called Jon Smith Tricou in my game".  So, I investigated.  In the first Downtown I made, attached to my original Pleasantview, he's Jon Smith Tricou.  However, in my new version of Pleasantview, he's Jonathan Tricou.  On the BBS, people mention both names.  It's the same bloke in both cases - same relatives, etc.

What is going on here???

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Tricou Name Mystery
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 10, 15:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Tricou family baffles me as well, with all those kids. Adopted, I guess? One of my sims just married Sean Love, which is a son of John or Johnathan (don't remember which name I have), and there's no sign of a mother. The family tree looks like a mess, too.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 10, 15:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The family tree IS a mess, apart from all the links I had to sort out, you get odd memory glitches like "Inherited money from Beau" - now, do they mean Beau Broke, and if so, who at Maxis made the assumeption that we'd all have killed him off by now (or that he'd have had money to leave?)  and if not Beau Broke, why call the sim leaving the money Beau at all?  Tres confusant!

And as you say, the names of the other six townie kids vary from game to game, but it's odd they manage to keep the two daughters and their husbands and children with the correct names.

Zephyr Zodiac
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 10, 19:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found Tricous in my game too. They are in pleasantview in my game. I didn't search for any living Tricou, but I found some six to eight dead Tricous. They are dead but their character files are valid, so I resurrected one of them using my lousily made custom item, and they even have a family tree~~. I haven't seen a living Tricou, so I have no idea what's going on the living ones and I don't know who they are and why they are in the neighborhood. I just found Jonathan Tricou is the father of Jenail something Tricou.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 10, 20:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I also found three dead Crumplebottoms in Pleasantview.

Victor + Gretle Goth = Gunter Goth, Frida Goth

Simon + Prudence Crumplebottom = Cornelia Goth, Agnes Crumplebottom

Gunter + Cornelia Goth = Mortimer Goth

Jeniccor + Jonathan Tricou = Nylissit Tricou, Jenail Tricou

Jenail + Kvornan Tricou = Fricorith Tricou

Nylissit + Kiernan Tricou = Gvaudoin Tricou

Flat + Flo Broke = Skip Broke

Skip Broke = Dustin, Bau Broke

There is also a dead Rainelle Neengia something but she doesn't have any family tree.

« Last Edit: 2005 November 10, 20:36:31 by Christianlov » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 10, 21:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were a lot of dead sims in Pleasantview, some of them ancestors of present families, but the Tricous are part of the Downtown installation of Nightlife.  their graves are in the House of Fallen Trees, and they can easily be resurrected with the resurrect-o-mitron, but you have to make sure you pay the full amount (10K simoleons).

My guess is that they made Rainelle Neengia and then forgot to finish her details before they put her in a grave in the cemetery or whatever.  There are various sim ghosts like that in Strangetown, in the Specter house (or garden), some with histories, some without, and apparently just made so that the house will be haunted.  All can be resurrected if you find a living sim who knows them (or if not, you can tick the known sim box for whichever sim you want to resurrect them.)

Zephyr Zodiac
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 10, 21:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I resurrected all of them. They're in the house and the cemetery. I then proceeded to repair the families as per their memories.

If I think about it, I'll screen shot the families tonight.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 10, 21:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see that, radiophonic. Please let us know if there's anything special about them.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 10, 22:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were a lot of dead sims in Pleasantview, some of them ancestors of present families, but the Tricous are part of the Downtown installation of Nightlife.  their graves are in the House of Fallen Trees, and they can easily be resurrected with the resurrect-o-mitron, but you have to make sure you pay the full amount (10K simoleons).

My guess is that they made Rainelle Neengia and then forgot to finish her details before they put her in a grave in the cemetery or whatever.  There are various sim ghosts like that in Strangetown, in the Specter house (or garden), some with histories, some without, and apparently just made so that the house will be haunted.  All can be resurrected if you find a living sim who knows them (or if not, you can tick the known sim box for whichever sim you want to resurrect them.)

AH, I see. Then they are for tombs.  Grin
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 11, 00:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPe lists them as 'ok', but I checked one of them and he (the teenager, forgot his name though)had the 'is ghost' box checked. Being nosy, I unticked it. I haven't played the game yet, have I done something awful to my game? Should I not have done that? Oopsy diddly, to quote AncientSim from somewhere.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 11, 02:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christianlov had it posted there, but for the hell of it, here is a family tree screenie.

According to thier memories, Jeniccor and Jon Smith Tricou had two children: Nylissit Tricou and Jenail Tricou.

Jenail Tricou (fortune) married Kvornan Tricou (pleasure) and they had a boy, Fricorith Tricou (popularity). (tricou1.jpg) - Normal family.

Nylissit Tricou (popularity) married Kiernan Tricou (romance) and they had a girl, Gvaudoin Tricou (family). (tricou2.jpg) - Oh yeah, they're a happy family  Undecided They constantly fight with each other.

The two families tend to feud with one another, but other than that they're fairly normal.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 11, 06:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool! I've never ressurrected a Sim...perhaps I will try this myself.

I love Grandpa Tricou up there with the surfer hair. Sweet!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 11, 06:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I found Tricous' tombs in a downtown cemetry. I think they are there for downtown tombs and ghosts.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 11, 15:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you read other posts in this forum, you will find that several people have done this already. 

SimPe lists them as 'ok', but I checked one of them and he (the teenager, forgot his name though)had the 'is ghost' box checked. Being nosy, I unticked it. I haven't played the game yet, have I done something awful to my game? Should I not have done that? Oopsy diddly, to quote AncientSim from somewhere

Veilchen, it's how I started to resurrect the Tricous!  I thought, fricorith looks so sweet, and really unhappy being dead, so I unchecked the ghost box, and had him resurrect his whole family.  They've none of them ever gone back the the House of Fallen Trees, they live in three houses Downtown which I built for them, and Fricorith is now at Uni, and sharing a house with his girlfriend (Lilith Pleasant, would you believe - they have three lightning bolts for each other!)  Both Jennail and Nylissit are expecting babies, but I haven't been back for a while to check on them.  And, in answer to your question, if you've done something terrible to your game, then so have I , and my game is working just fine!  I've also resurrected Darleen Dreamer (problems there though but I solved them).

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 11, 15:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bless your heart ZZ, I was waiting for an answer, didn't get one and haven't played since I posted. I then went on the lookout for you, I knew I could count on you. Saved my hide again did you? Thanks my friend.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 11, 15:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome, V.  And honestly, the Tricous are well worth resurrecting - they are such a united family, that even when they live in separate houses, the elders visit together autonomously, which I've never had other elders do!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 11, 15:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh, I'll go and try that. Maybe I can have an interesting game for a change. Reading about everyone else's happenings made me realize that I have an incredibly boring playing style. I think I even (briefly) envied your 'nanny invasion'. At least you had some interesting moments there Cheesy

Note: I just re-read my above post and realized that it could be taken the wrong way. It was meant tounge in cheek, truly. I knew I would get an answer sooner or later, and I knew that ZZ would know. I also could've just fired up my game and see for myself, but I made a tiny little booboo. I un-ticked without saving the neighborhood first, something I usually don't do. Motoki is right, the game messes up usually at the one and only time you don't make a backup. I have had so little time playing, I didn't want to lose the time I had put in so far. Anyway, ZZ seemingly has all the answers to my SimPe woes, and she's well aware of my paranoia where SimPe is concerned  Wink
Had I been truly desperate, I would not be above PMing individual forum members (are ye scared yet?)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 11, 15:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you're worried, just copy your character folder to the desk-top before you start resurrecting!  Don't even have to open SimPE to do that!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 11, 16:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome, V.  And honestly, the Tricous are well worth resurrecting - they are such a united family, that even when they live in separate houses, the elders visit together autonomously, which I've never had other elders do!
my game crashed and forced a reinstall not related to the Tricou's  the corruption issue was at Uni. I reinstalled and resurrected the family again.  and moved JonSmith Tricous 6 kids in with him and Jennicor again. but this time I had Jennicor adopt the Kids ..I went into simpe and informed her that she was the adoptive mother of Crystal,Marylena,Colin,Ron,Clay and Zatairrio..I also remembered to inform Jon Smith that these were his kids this time.when I left the kids had new hairdo's make up and clothes.I still have to move Nylisset and Jennail into their respective homes though along with my sim that allowed his home to be used for the ressurection of Jennicor,JonSmith.Jennail,Nylisset,Gvaudoin,Kiernan and Kvornan.Fricorith was ressurected in SimPE

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 11, 16:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'll be busy playing for a while, I really want to get those people and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

I usually back up my neighborhood every time I finish playing, except this time. Then I went ahead and forgot that I forgot and played around in SimPe. I don't even have an excuse, and I can't make one up. I'm rather bad at making things up, I can never think of anything deceptive enough to convince people, plus I'm lazy that way. It's too much trouble keeping the stories straight all the time.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 11, 17:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'll be busy playing for a while, I really want to get those people and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

I usually back up my neighborhood every time I finish playing, except this time. Then I went ahead and forgot that I forgot and played around in SimPe. I don't even have an excuse, and I can't make one up. I'm rather bad at making things up, I can never think of anything deceptive enough to convince people, plus I'm lazy that way. It's too much trouble keeping the stories straight all the time.
My Story line revolves around the Danforth Family in My Game and the Tricou Family is a supporting Player in it as well as all other families in my custom hood

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 11, 17:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man, another one that has interesting neighborhoods. I swear I try to play a more interesting style, but I never even come close to you all. Maybe I should just blow caution into the wind and play JM style Wink

Danforth, who are they? Did you make them yourself Bangel or am I missing something else once again?

When I came acress the Tricou family in SimPe, the were all listed as 'ok' to play, and I wondered why the most interesting looking maxis-made sims are dead and ghosts. Odd, isn't it?

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 11, 18:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man, another one that has interesting neighborhoods. I swear I try to play a more interesting style, but I never even come close to you all. Maybe I should just blow caution into the wind and play JM style Wink

Danforth, who are they? Did you make them yourself Bangel or am I missing something else once again?

When I came acress the Tricou family in SimPe, the were all listed as 'ok' to play, and I wondered why the most interesting looking maxis-made sims are dead and ghosts. Odd, isn't it?
I got  Justin,Joe,Josh,Jamie, Shellie and Justins 5 kids from Brynne. I kept their first names and gave them a new Family name in Brynne's game they are the BayField Family. I also Kept their birth signs and aspirations the same as they are in Brynnes game.I then Cloned Bella Goth in Sim PE because Bella Goth is Justin's Mother and Placed her in My Custom hood  called Romance City. after Doing that I went and Cloned Brandi Broke from Pleasant view as well  and Placed her in My new hood .Brandi is Josh's mother . so she is in Romance City now her original character is still in Pleasant view. Josh,Justin and Joe  are Romance Sim's as is Justin's Son Joel.so my story revolves around the Romantic escapades and Foul ups along the way

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 11, 20:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, there is a bar that was once a house in New Orleans that is haunted called Tricou House.

Just a tidbit...nothing to see here...move along.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 11, 20:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's so cool, I love haunted houses stories. When VS was still the place to be, Reg sometimes told stories about the South. I remember loging on hoping she had another one. I find the South (her South) utterly fascinating.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: