More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:43:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  TS2 Store Asian Fusion Collection
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Store Asian Fusion Collection  (Read 173313 times)
ReinyDay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Asian Fusion Collection
« Reply #150 on: 2008 December 07, 19:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I mailed to 5 people who are willing to contribute via PayPal. So, hopefully we'll get this done in the next hours!  Wink

I am really, really sorry - I tried to buy more sim points, but my credit card does not get accepted anymore. So - so sorry, I won't be able to get the missing stuff. But the idea is really cool, someone else, who actually can shop in the store may take this part I am not able to. Of course I send back the money I already received on my PayPal account; sorry for the extra work!
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 December 07, 20:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a paypal account and I can buy points at the store.  I never uploaded before, but if you all are willing to walk me through it, I will buy the stuff. So if anyone wants to put money on my paypal account let's get this done.
Clair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 December 07, 20:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I mailed to 5 people who are willing to contribute via PayPal. So, hopefully we'll get this done in the next hours!  Wink

I am really, really sorry - I tried to buy more sim points, but my credit card does not get accepted anymore. So - so sorry, I won't be able to get the missing stuff. But the idea is really cool, someone else, who actually can shop in the store may take this part I am not able to. Of course I send back the money I already received on my PayPal account; sorry for the extra work!

Well if we have the money pooled to get the rest of the stuff and can find someone who can get it you can send it to them and they can get the stuff and upload it, not really a problem just a delay, so don;t worry about it  Smiley
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: 2008 December 07, 20:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a paypal account and I can buy points at the store.  I never uploaded before, but if you all are willing to walk me through it, I will buy the stuff. So if anyone wants to put money on my paypal account let's get this done.

BTW, some reminders here to new sharers ( though i guess most people here have been using this method already )
*Reminder to Content Sharers*

Here is how to find the newly bought Store content if you have no idea how to do it in a faster way.

After your EA Download Manager has completed the relevant download. Do not run your game yet, otherwise you won't be able to find the separate .package file for the object or skin.
Now, go to *C:\Users\<Your Windows Username>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\Downloads (* it isn't necessarily the C: Drive, but it must be the drive where your Windows Operation System is installed) , look for the folder "Objects" for new object download and "Skins" for new skin download. Copy and paste the relevant .package file inside somewhere else. This is the file that is needed. If you are kind enough to share it here, upload the file. After that, you can run the game and then the files inside C:\Users\Vic\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\Downloads will be incorporated into the bulk files SCObjects.package and SCSkins.package under C:\Users\Vic\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\Packed automatically.

So if you share file this way, you can avoid the nuisance of finding and extracting the relevant contents from SCObjects.packgage or SCSkins.package.

PS. The above stuff is just there to help people who may not know how to share contents in a more efficient way. If you know a better way, feel free to correct me and post here.  Wink

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 December 07, 20:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kay, I never had anyone put money on my account. When I opened the account I only used my email adress. is this what u need?
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 December 07, 20:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent you my info. So When you send the money I will click that I want to use it towards purchases, then I will be able to buy the points now right?
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 December 07, 20:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you all wanted to, we could have a donation thread. Everyone could donate to my paypal account. When You donate, you would put in the thread when you donated and how much. That way everyone can keep track of how much is donated and would know what the balance is. What do you think?
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 December 07, 20:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the payment. I now have $18.18 on my account. I can add the rest of the money. How many points do I need to buy, and exactly what am I buying? Is it ALL the female clothes. Is that all I need to buy?
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: 2008 December 07, 21:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

500  SimPoints   $ 5.00 + taxes
1000  SimPoints   $ 10.00 + taxes
2000  SimPoints   $ 20.00 + taxes

2325 SimPoints needed to get the 31 outfits

so you'd have to buy 25.00 if you dont have any points at all

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 December 07, 21:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought one outfit and after I bought it, it says I already have to ea downloader installed. I do not have it installed. What do I need to do to be able to download the installer?
Kangaroop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 December 07, 21:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I sent 5 USD to ReinyDay a couple hours ago. Cheesy

To make things easier/faster, she could directly send that money to your paypal in turn, so you may get the rest of the stuff.

Edit: Never mind, I already got the money back. If you still need the 5 USD, send me a PM with your details.
Clair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 December 07, 21:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well we can start a donation thread ready for the next rip off they come up with to save the same ones from having to fork out time and again
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 December 07, 21:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did download the installer a while ago but I uninstalled it. Please can anyone who is more awesome than me help me get the installer back on my computer?
Clair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 December 07, 21:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well we can start a donation thread ready for the next rip off they come up with to save the same ones from having to fork out time and again

I would say wait until the next set comes out. No point in people giving money until there is something to buy.

Yeah but on the other hand if we set it up so the money is pooled ready for when it comes out then it can be downloaded immediately and the awesome techies can do all the fixes that it will most definantly need and we can get almost straight away and in one lump rather than it getting strung out lke this one has ended up being.
ReinyDay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 December 07, 21:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say wait until the next set comes out. No point in people giving money until there is something to buy.

I am really looking forward the next set - I'd too be happy to contribute some money via PayPal then as well. Sorry again for causing some trouble; since I had been able to buy sim points a thought it still would be possible for me - but I was wrong. And by the way: I am a he. Wink
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008 December 07, 21:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have restored my computer since then. I defiantly do not have it on my computer. I do have an arrred AL on my computer but all the others are bought.  Can someone give me a link or something to the ea downloader? I keep googleing but can only find info on it. And when I am on the store site it says I already have it installed.
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 December 07, 21:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay ME!! I am downloading the installer now. The I will buy all the stuff. Alrighty then!!!
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: 2008 December 07, 21:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah but on the other hand if we set it up so the money is pooled ready for when it comes out then it can be downloaded immediately and the awesome techies can do all the fixes that it will most definantly need and we can get almost straight away and in one lump rather than it getting strung out lke this one has ended up being.

you have a point  but if Sim Store dosent update with anything next month people will have sent someone money for nothing  Shocked  so it best to wait then we'd know how much we'd need to raise to send to someone

Clair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 December 07, 21:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with that is there will end up being more money than needed and people could get scammed. I don't think it's such a good idea. It won't be spread out next time because one person will be buying. We already decided that.

well how about we compromise and create a thread for people to say how much they will donate ready for the next set so that we have a record and it can all be sorted out straight away and when the new set is posted they can be removed from the list once their donation has been made, that way people know who to contact, and since no money will be exchanged until it is out no one can be scammed and if we have more promises of money than is need, we can leave them on the list for future sets...
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2008 December 07, 21:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well how about we compromise and create a thread for people to say how much they will donate ready for the next set so that we have a record and it can all be sorted out straight away and when the new set is posted they can be removed from the list once their donation has been made, that way people know who to contact, and since no money will be exchanged until it is out no one can be scammed and if we have more promises of money than is need, we can leave them on the list for future sets...

the problem with that is just because they have extra money to spend now dosent mean they'll have extra cash when the next set comes out

bzrburns
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 December 07, 21:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we should leave it as it is and resort to PayPal on an as needed basis. I spent $30 on this set and would have donated most of the furniture but I got over eager and downloaded from the Store before checking here.  I usually give myself a $20 a month Sim allowance. I appreciate the scavenger hunt aspect of collecting all this stuff and enjoy sharing my acquistions.
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 December 07, 22:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aright, I bought all the rest of the stuf plus $12.00 worth of stuff I didn't need to buy like an idiot. I did not launch my game. How do I upload all this stuff?
cow_tools
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 December 07, 22:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can try MediaFire.

http://www.mediafire.com/

Now asbestos-free.
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 December 07, 22:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I need step by step directions. starting with open up the ea store file, I know I need to do something to the files to upload them. I never uploaded before
cow_tools
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2008 December 07, 22:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, some reminders here to new sharers ( though i guess most people here have been using this method already )
*Reminder to Content Sharers*

Here is how to find the newly bought Store content if you have no idea how to do it in a faster way.

After your EA Download Manager has completed the relevant download. Do not run your game yet, otherwise you won't be able to find the separate .package file for the object or skin.
Now, go to *C:\Users\<Your Windows Username>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\Downloads (* it isn't necessarily the C: Drive, but it must be the drive where your Windows Operation System is installed) , look for the folder "Objects" for new object download and "Skins" for new skin download. Copy and paste the relevant .package file inside somewhere else. This is the file that is needed. If you are kind enough to share it here, upload the file. After that, you can run the game and then the files inside C:\Users\Vic\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\Downloads will be incorporated into the bulk files SCObjects.package and SCSkins.package under C:\Users\Vic\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\Packed automatically.

So if you share file this way, you can avoid the nuisance of finding and extracting the relevant contents from SCObjects.packgage or SCSkins.package.

PS. The above stuff is just there to help people who may not know how to share contents in a more efficient way. If you know a better way, feel free to correct me and post here.  Wink

Now asbestos-free.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: