More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 08:25:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis house of FAIL: December
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis house of FAIL: December  (Read 160812 times)
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: EAxis house of FAIL: December
« Reply #150 on: 2008 December 23, 10:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that too, devilsrope. I prefer smaller lots as well, this is much better than that huge lot the original was on! Your lot looks neat and tidy, something a Sim family could live in. Lovely.

why be normal?
devilsrope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 December 24, 01:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, witch and SalixTree. A question, for either of you, or anyone else: I was wondering how you feel about my decorating style? I tend to leave things fairly plain, especially compared to many of the lots I see others create (here and elsewhere). It is too plain, and if so, is that an issue, or do you like to personalize a lot anyway? I know I tend to just buy things for my sims as needed, instead of having a ton of stuff for them. I also like to force my sims off their lot for entertainment, for example, make them go to a gym rather than give them a treadmill at home (well, ok, not the best example of entertainment, but you get the idea). I appreciate any feedback.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 December 24, 03:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, your style of décor is not my preferred choice, but IMO that's the whole point of sharing our lots. When I see different styles I find things I both do and don't like which gives me new ideas, and influences my style and helps develop it.

My parents had a style similar to yours, I found it quite boring as a child so I've moved toward a more cluttered, old-fashioned look. It's totally a personal preference though. Plus you've done the style well, it looks classy and matching, not random. The heavier furniture is thematic in the context of the house style.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 December 26, 16:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EP's and SP's (minus Holiday)

I did it as a working ranger station and visitors center. There are dorm rooms for the rangers while on duty, an office, receptionist area, learning center, lovely grounds and axe throwing for fun. The upstairs is cordoned off as the public is not allowed upstairs where the rangers live and work.

Front

First floor

Second floor

Shower room

Dorm room

Office

Reception

Reading/Information area

Office door, seating, vending machines

View to outer courtyard

View over courtyard back to building

Another view from exterior overlooking the courtyard

Working lookout tower and axe throwing area below

Entrance

Download the file HERE
« Last Edit: 2008 December 26, 16:35:52 by Minena » Logged
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 December 26, 17:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I *love* what you've done with it, Minena! Great use of the theme throughout, and the observation tower is the perfect touch.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 December 26, 18:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's a really original idea! One question, though, what kind of lot zoning is that on? I'm guessing owned community lot + sleep on commlot hack, in order to allow the commoners to mill about and purchase things, but I might be wrong.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 December 26, 20:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You did a good job on this one, Minena. I wouldn't have thought of using that theme. I think the lookout tower and the courtyard is fabulous.

- INTJ -
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 December 26, 20:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Minera, that's really amazing. The theme is so well done. Not a single thing looks out of place.

Fail.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 December 26, 21:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this too, as others have commented you've kept true to the theme throughout. I particularly like the Polar Bear statue and the antlers in the office. Nice tidy public gardens as well; just enough to make it look like a garden, yet still be easy-care.

Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 December 26, 22:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's a really original idea! One question, though, what kind of lot zoning is that on? I'm guessing owned community lot + sleep on commlot hack, in order to allow the commoners to mill about and purchase things, but I might be wrong.

Unfortunately I built this in situ..still a residential property on the original lot. I don't mess much with changing lot sizes or fiddling with too many hacky things.

It's been a while but wouldn't changelotzoning make it a community lot? Then just go into build mode and place the phone booth and maybe some souveniers etc in the reception area. I didn't do this for fear of screwing the lot up.
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 December 28, 03:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give it a whirl.  This is a pretty casual lot; I wanted to try a few ideas and build a fun place to raise kidlets.  It's a departure from my usual more formal style and dark palette.  There are a few places I dearly miss the CC and cheats, but I'm pleased that the lot seems to encourage a variety of simmy activities.  The house is designed to get sims moving around, and they seem to enjoy it.  Such spoiled children, though.   Cheesy

111 Castleswim Way - $208,362

Front view:

Side view:

And the main attraction:

The castle playhouse includes a variety of activities: a toybox, chess, whirly-whatsit, easel, darts, ballet barre, monkey bars, slide, water slide, and diving board.  With so many activities that bring them sliding and swinging in and out of the castle, they seem much less inclined to become obsessed with any one activity.  After a couple of days of free range simming, the pixel folk acquired a nice mix of new skills.

The monkey bars have a bit of an oddity until body skills increase (see below), but that happens rather quickly on this lot.  For more realism, you could fill in the small waterway, but I prefer the moat intact.  Also, does anyone know a way to hide the floor/ceiling edging without cc?

Here is the first floor:

Features include entrance way with piano, sitting area with tv, 2 bathrooms, study, kitchen, dining area, outdoor dining, game area, nursery, and a private entrance to the upstairs master bedroom.  The nursery is located halfway between the master bedroom and the refrigerator for easy baby care.

Second floor:

The second floor offers five bedrooms (master, double, 3 single), four bathrooms, a gym area, telescope, chess, and lounge.

Just the bedrooms:

Master suite (private spiral stairs and door to the kids' hall) and smaller rooms:

And here is the file.  Pictures are included. 

I think everything is in order, but this is the first lot I've packaged for sharing.  It's been through Clean Installer and is free of miscellaneous thingmabobs.  I'm playing on a laptop and it's a bit laggy, but on a real computer, I think it should be fine. 

This was much fun - I look forward to January's challenge.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 December 28, 03:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You did a really great job on this lot, rosess. I play on a laptop, but, downloaded it anyway. It looks like lots of fun for the sim kids.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 December 28, 03:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love this lot rosess. I just adore the castle playground.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 December 28, 05:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely brill! The way you have the slides and monkey bars set up is just so innovative. I love the concept and the execution. This is definitely my favourite house for the month!

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2008 December 28, 08:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it Cheesy The monkey bar entrance is a great idea.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008 December 28, 08:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That play castle is one of the most awesome sim constructions I've ever seen.
Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 December 28, 14:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to chime in with the other comments, that play castle is just fantastic!
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2008 December 30, 23:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here finally is my offering for this month's House of Fail and just in time. The politest thing I can think to say about the whole apartment build process is that EAxis don't make it easy, so here after no small amount of blood, sweat and tears I present 111 Stratford Street reworked as a 4 apartment block and renamed to 111 Shakespeare Street. There is one ground floor apartment and a further three split level apartments, all offered fully furnished - just supply your own computer and a few deco items to add that personal touch. Relax in the hot tub or sauna after going for a swim or chill with friends in the communal bar area. Each apartment has its own private balcony or garden area in addition to having the run of the communal gardens and play area. The apartment block has been fully playtested with four families hence the comments on the build process - having to move everyone out to replace the fixed/updated block then move them all back in is not my idea of fun game play!

Exterior front day:

Exterior front night:

Rear with landscaped gardens and play area:

Ground Floor:

First Floor:

Second Floor:

More pictures available at http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/spacedcat/Lot%20Building/111ShakespeareStreet/ as I know there are still some of you on dial-up.

Made with all EPs and most SPs upto and including M&G though I don't think I used any M&G stuff, thought I'd save that for January's House of Fail. Weekly rental costs 1467 - 2590 simoleans,

Download it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=293267ffc45b6ab9d2db6fb9a8902bda

Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 December 31, 01:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eevilcat: Very nicely done. The apartments look roomy and the common areas are great. Landscaping done beautifully too.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2008 December 31, 01:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a very nice apartment building. I especially like the outside of it, and the roof angles are great.

Fail.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 December 31, 04:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this too. Luckily I have a hood where the high ground is all modern and the valley by the water is a bit quaint. I get away with a wide variety of building styles.

This lot looks really urban and upmarket. It also looks like it might not lag too much (like the ones I build).

jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 December 31, 09:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always like your buildings. They have such clean lines, quite understated and elegant. I've tried to copy your style several times, and it never works for me. You can understand that it gets frustrating - but I'm sorry I kicked over your bin. I'll send someone round to clean it up.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2008 December 31, 19:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to bang out a community lot for half of the month here, it wasn't until recently, at Kyna's (away from my computer) that the final idea hit me. So this one is a bit late, but, hopefully, worth it... I turned it into a community lot because I never quite know what to do with those, and this was the perfect opportunity to try one.

Exterior:

Downstairs:

(There is a slight weirdness with the diagonal fish tank, Sims seem to only recognise one tile as 'tank', and will happily stand inside the tank chatting to one another after poking at the empty tile gets dull. If I wasn't so late entering, I'd fence the thing in.)

Upstairs:

The tower is nothing fancy, just a series of empty 3x3 rooms. I have all EPs, as well as FFS, GLS, Celebrations, and H&M SPs.

Download it here!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 December 31, 19:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That swimming pool roof is awesome, pity they didn't do that glass in a two-storey format. I like the concept of this lot, although I would have liked more decorations, it looks a bit sparse to me, but then again, I guess you were running out of time!  Cheesy

BTW we haven't picked a January house yet. I've just re-installed the sims so I have the original hoods again, I might have a look later today. Although if we have the base game starter thingy, maybe we could look at later lots? That Blue-something village had houses, plus there's Desiderata and RiverBlossom. There's quite a large farming type house in Riverblossom I always thought would look good with a makeover.

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 2008 December 31, 20:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually did the roofing and exterior work earlier in the month, but the interior was difficult to suss out. I had the downstairs pretty much as I have it now, but the salon area actually had a DJ booth and dance floor before. It didn't really suit the feel I was going for, a sort of austerely fashionable place to be. Dinner out under the stars, by the grand piano, fine clothes, jewels, cologne... The DJ booth didn't quite fit, no.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: