More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:40:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Edited nhood ancient henge. More henge than you can handle! (updated)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Edited nhood ancient henge. More henge than you can handle! (updated)  (Read 29871 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Edited nhood ancient henge. More henge than you can handle! (updated)
« on: 2008 December 01, 12:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never used this object because it sucks. It sucks because... well, just look at this green shit around it!

So I got rid of the green shit. It's exactly the same object, only without the green shit.

And then I got carried away a little bit.

I made a total of 10 new objects.

You can make so much henge now! Soooooooooo much henge! Your head will explode from all the henge you can make! Just look at all this henge!

To appreciate just how much henge you're getting, you have to look at all 10 of them together.

That's a lot of henge!

Download here: http://www.box.net/shared/kvlcczv1s4 or here: http://www.mediafire.com/?pvwceupup6yg7ej

LINK UPDATED BY REQUEST
« Last Edit: 2010 October 31, 08:30:08 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: Edited nhood ancient henge. More henge than you can handle!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 01, 13:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WoW.  That's a lot of henge!   Grin

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 01, 15:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can make so much henge now! Soooooooooo much henge! Your head will explode from all the henge you can make! Just look at all this henge!

That is freakin' awesome.  Do all pieces increase the odds of the daylight disk appearing to investigate, like the original?

Also, what about the henge that is not in ruins?  Is it included and not pictured or left out entirely?

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 01, 15:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was not aware that the henge attracted anything.  Must now have a henge, and this is, as mentioned before, a lot of henge!

Matysdoorp NEEDZ moar henge!

Tribulatio proxima est
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 01, 15:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, what henge that isn't in ruins? Didn't know one existed. Will look when I get home. If it came with Mansions, I don't have that yet.

I had no idea that the henge attracted UFOs, so I don't know if my pieces do.

If anyone needs MOAR henge and can think of other things to do to it, let me know. I ran out of ideas last night. Too bad the ideas have started to come while I'm at work. When I get home I'm going to try to build a freakin' TOWER using those pieces.  Tongue

Fail.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 01, 16:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, what henge that isn't in ruins? Didn't know one existed. Will look when I get home. If it came with Mansions, I don't have that yet.

In my game, with OFB if I remember right but it might have been another, there was included two henges, one in ruins and one still intact, with all the standing stones still in place.

I had no idea that the henge attracted UFOs, so I don't know if my pieces do.

I will put these into a currently little used and undecorated sub-hood I have and test whether they attract the daylight disk.  Perhaps if these were cloned from the original henge, then you may have inadvertently also copied the necessary code to make this happen, which would be great.  Then again, the behavior may be hard-coded into the game.  I have no idea.  I am going to find out if they do, though.

If anyone needs MOAR henge and can think of other things to do to it, let me know. I ran out of ideas last night. Too bad the ideas have started to come while I'm at work. When I get home I'm going to try to build a freakin' TOWER using those pieces.  Tongue

How about a dolmen?

I was not aware that the henge attracted anything.  Must now have a henge, and this is, as mentioned before, a lot of henge!

Well, I don't know if certain pieces actually increase the odds in a strictly additive way, but certain pieces seem to be required in order to get the UFO to visit in neighborhood view.  They apparently will not show up if there is nothing interesting for them to scan.  The henges and the UFO crash site are two for sure, and perhaps others.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 01, 16:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, with OFB if I remember right but it might have been another, there was included two henges, one in ruins and one still intact, with all the standing stones still in place.

I think you may be thinking of Numenor's custom objects. I can't get into modthesims2 from this computer because it's blocked, but Google says the link is http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=816988

Fail.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 01, 16:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you may be thinking of Numenor's custom objects. I can't get into modthesims2 from this computer because it's blocked, but Google says the link is http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=816988

You might be right, at that.  I have those too.  They do not attract the UFO though, unfortunately.

If you are right, and there is none, then that could be another idea for you- An intact henge.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 01, 16:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are right, and there is none, then that could be another idea for you- An intact henge.

Well, if you have one in your game, it had to have come from somewhere. Smiley

I'll look through the catalog tonight. I didn't really look last night because I knew what I wanted to edit and just went for it in SimPE.

Fail.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 01, 19:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the henge does attract the UFO.  I never saw one until I added the henge, and now it goes straight for the henge. 

Does your new henge have regular turf that alters with the Seasons?  It's kind of annoying to have a neighborhood blanketed with snow, except for a bright green fresh henge.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 01, 21:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's the idea.  Look at the pretty pictures.  Original henge has fresh green shit under it; moar awesome henge is shitless.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 01, 22:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding turf under the henge should still work perfectly, if you are one to want that. I suspect it is hacked to go anywhere, right? I'm loving this...you don't know how many time I've wanted a bit of ruins but the regular henge is just too huge.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 02, 01:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does your new henge have regular turf that alters with the Seasons?  It's kind of annoying to have a neighborhood blanketed with snow, except for a bright green fresh henge.

Did I mention that moar awesome henge is certified free of radioactive green shit?

Lot view and 'hood view.

I suspect it is hacked to go anywhere, right?

I mod all the nhood stuff to go anywhere. Why put up with silly limits? Especially since the game screams about "not on roads! not in lots! not in water!" when you aren't anywhere near them!

Fail.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 02, 03:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Three Men in Black said, 'Don't report this...'"  I am reporting it anyway.

My preliminary testing seems to show that these 'henges do indeed attract the daylight disk.  In fact, with all pieces present in a otherwise undecorated sub-hood, I counted at least as many high-level sightings of the UFO to the 'hood as there were pieces, all within the first five minutes.  Unfortunately, I did not witness the low-level scanning operation, which would be the conclusive evidence of UFO attraction.  I now am wondering if the high number of attractive objects is breaking this behavior, as if they can not settle on an object to start scanning first.  Anyway, the scanning behavior is not nearly as common as the flybys, so this might be normal and expected.  If I can capture evidence of the scanning before someone else does, I will report it here.

In other news, there is indeed only one EAxis 'henge, and it is the Numenor's 'henges that are offered in ruined and intact versions.  The Numenorean 'henges are pre-EAxis, however, and they definitely do not attract the UFO like the EAxis one does, or like these seem to do.

These are awesome, Sara.  More 'henges, please!

eccentricgnat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 02, 05:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shall add this behind Mr Walt's house. It will look perfect. I am doing personal mini-challenge with my Mr. Insim Walt sim.  My son thought of it, he has an evil mind. This will go perfectly. Now if I can just get the telescope to call the aliens, the challenge can begin.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 December 02, 22:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More is coming.

It's funny how the henge is so popular but no one seems to want to new shipwrecks and sand peninsulas. Those got only like 3 or 4 downloads.... No one wants a ship graveyard in their neighborhood?

Fail.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 December 02, 23:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy moley, that's a lot of henge! I've also avoided the original due to its weird, fungal flooring, so this is a great addition, especially after reading Khan's report.

More is coming.
"But wait, there's more! Now how much would you pay?"  Cheesy

Quote from: SaraMK
It's funny how the henge is so popular but no one seems to want to new shipwrecks and sand peninsulas. Those got only like 3 or 4 downloads.... No one wants a ship graveyard in their neighborhood?
No, I was also excited to see the wrecks - they're perfect for adding some 'hood backstory. THANKS, THIS IS GREAT!!

ETA: I was excited to nab the shipwrecks from the pic above but don't see where to download them. Halp?
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 23:20:43 by Liz » Logged

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 December 03, 00:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe it, a lowly Peasant helping out a Senator.  Checking out the RAR file, all NH decorations seem to be included, shipwrecks/sand-Rock spit/Henges.
   Edit, 2 different RAR files, me bad.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13808.0.html
« Last Edit: 2008 December 03, 00:18:21 by GayJohnScarritt » Logged

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 December 03, 00:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know who's asleep at the switch, but I nabbed all your new shipwrecks and peninsulas.  I'll admit though, that I only have one suitable harbour for it in play.  Many of the terrains I use have beachfront, but heaps of layered shipwreck look odd on a lake...
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 December 03, 00:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: I was excited to nab the shipwrecks from the pic above but don't see where to download them. Halp?

Go to the thread with the edited objects, and the link at the bottom has ALL the objects shown in that thread. Or at least it should, if I didn't screw up. Originally I posted two separate links, but then I added more objects and decided to just have one file instead of a million. Download everything and then pick out what you want.

Fail.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 December 03, 15:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still trying to get used to the idea that my (new, as of July) computer can handle a decorated hood. I downloaded these to check out the alien fly by, and I just had three in quick succession! They sort of fly in, hover over the henges for a moment, then fly away again.

Now I need to figure out how to use them... It's so strange to be adding decoration, rather than removing it.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 December 03, 16:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is badass.

*Assmitten requests Machu Picchu and prepares to wait a long time

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
pangolin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 December 05, 11:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you I  was hoping some one take the green stuff away so I will be using this  Grin
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Edited nhood ancient henge. More henge than you can handle! (updated)
« Reply #23 on: 2010 October 31, 09:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link updated by request.

Fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: