More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:05:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Lighting Mod.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lighting Mod.  (Read 25378 times)
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Lighting Mod.
« on: 2008 November 27, 14:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due the recent shenanigans at the InSimenator regarding it coming under new management and possibly going pay in the future I've decided to post some of my files elsewhere.

Anywho, here's the thread from InSim:

"This is greatly based on Stargazer's ambiance mod, found here:
Aaron's ambiance mod
A lot of basic instructions and troubleshooting can be found in the original thread.
Thank you so much Aaron for making the original mod and allowing me to change it

I made this altered version of his mod because I was experiencing a problem where my sims acessories would pick up the light differently from the rest of their bodies(see pic below)

The changes to Aarons mod:
-day and night have both been restored to the maxis style to fix the problem stated above
-Both dawn and dusk have been made a little brighter, also to combat the same problem.

The changes to the maxis lighting system:
-added a "dawn" between 6am and 7am
-added a "dusk" between 6pm and 7pm.

Installation:
-first go to your C/program files/ea games/the sims2/ts data/res/lights and rename the .txt file called "lighting" to "maxis lighting".
This way the maxis settings are easy to find if you ever want to restore them.
-extract my lighting file( "spooky lighting.txt") to the above directory and rename it "lighting.txt"

Just in case you loose your back up of the maxis settings, I have included them in this .rar"

Downloadhttp://www.sendspace.com/file/ljbn7mDownload

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Lighting Mod.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 27, 15:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shiny.  Will try this out.

Also, that's a nice house.  Is it a rework of the base game "Modern Masterpiece"?

Tribulatio proxima est
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 27, 16:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, that's a nice house.  Is it a rework of the base game "Modern Masterpiece"?

I can't actually remember where I got it from and, unfortunately, I don't have it in my game any more after the big system crash I had last year.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 01, 16:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this! I've tried other lighting mods but they were "too much" for me and I always took them out. I really like this one! Just enough to give dusk and dawn a nice glow.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 01, 18:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool!  I had misplaced this when I built my new PC and couldn't find it to put it back into my game (and in a case of CRS, couldn't remember where I got it from).  Nice to have it back.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 03, 05:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this work with dDefinders update of Gunmod lights?

Sim Pirate
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 03, 12:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this work with dDefinders update of Gunmod lights?

If it modifies the lighting.txt as well then, no.

missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 01, 14:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about being Necromantic or whatever but I wanted to let you know this mod also works in The Sims Pet Stories as well as Castaway Stories.  Here is a clip of my Pet Stories game.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: